• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 288 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 288

Off-Roading with Twilight

After Twilight teleported Coloratura to Manehattan, she was going to go home, but the ponies crowded around the car kept on bothering her, asking her what it was like to ride in a car. She said it was terrifying – mostly because of Discord’s chosen route, she thought – but they didn’t care. They wanted to ride, too, but Discord didn’t feel like driving anymore.

“Why don’t you drive them around?” he said, and suddenly Twilight found herself buckled into the driver’s seat with her hoof on the ignition. Being made for humans, the seat wasn’t particularly comfortable. There were four other ponies in the car with her, one in the passenger seat and three in the back. She wasn’t sure who any of them were, but she was sure she’d seen them around Ponyville before.

But she didn’t have time to worry about that. There was no room to move her foot off the ignition, so she was forced to attempt to steer the car as it careened around Ponyville, accelerating as they went. The car reached over 150 miles per hour, heading down the long offroad path to Appleloosa (the straightest, smoothest, and least populated route Twilight could think of) before the engine finally stalled and the car slowed down. The travelers were now in the middle of nowhere.