• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 286 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 286

Change-ling the Past

Twilight flipped through a book until she found the page she wanted – a spell to go back in time to May 7th, 1949. It wasn’t really that specific of a spell, but it was the spell she needed to use. (It was really just a spell to go back in time in general.)

Twilight cast the spell and both of them went back in time. Suddenly, they were falling.

“Whoops, the castle wasn’t here on May 7th, 1949,” Twilight said. She teleported them to the ground. Then she teleported them to the Apple family farm. It had existed before Ponyville. She and Spike looked through the window of the house.

“I think we should name her…Granny Smith,” Granny Smith’s mom said to Granny Smith’s dad. She was lying in bed, holding Granny Smith, who had just been born. The midwife who had helped deliver her was standing in the corner.

“Wow, so that’s Granny Smith as a newborn filly?” Spike asked.

“Yep! But be quiet! We don’t want to change the past, either!” Twilight said. Spike made a motion as if to zip his lips and throw away the key.

Suddenly, there was a sound from behind them. They turned around and saw three changelings, along with Applejack, who one of the changelings - in the form of an Ursa Minor on its hind legs – was carrying. (At least, Twilight assumed that was a changeling.)

“No, they beat us here!” one of the changelings said.

“My plan worked!” Applejack shouted. “Yippee!”

“Be quiet!” the Ursa Minor changeling said. Applejack stayed quiet after that.

Before anypony else could do anything, Twilight cast a time travel spell again and brought them all back to the present. Then she teleported the two changelings who weren’t carrying Applejack to cages in Tartarus. The changeling who was carrying Applejack dropped her and ran away. “You’d better run!” Spike shouted. Nopony bothered to run after the changeling, so they got away without issue.