• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 286 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 286

A Long Walk

Twilight teleported the other ponies back to Ponyville, but found that she was too tired to teleport back herself. It was late, she hadn’t gotten any sleep, and she had used a lot of her magic already. Also, she was still carrying “What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!” by Flimmy McFlammerson, which was kind of heavy. She had nearly dropped it at a few points during her drives, but had managed to keep hold of it.

So she started on the long walk home, leaving the broken-down Honda Civic on the path to Appleloosa. If Discord wanted it back, he’d have to find it himself. She wasn’t going to do him any favors after what he had just pulled. Well, maybe she’d give him her copy of “What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!” by Flimmy McFlammerson. It would be such a terrible gift that it might be a sort of negative favor.

Anyway, she was still walking on the way home when she heard a cry for help. “Help me! I need help, somepony, please!” Again? Sighing, Twilight headed toward the voice, only to find that it was coming from nowhere.

“Help me! I need help! Somepony, please help me!” the voice shouted again. There was nopony to be seen. Twilight realized that she was hallucinating from lack of sleep, so she laid down and went to sleep, using “What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!” by Flimmy McFlammerson as her pillow. It wasn’t very comfortable, but it was still better than the ground.

As Twilight slept, she dreamt that she visited a restaurant and bought three hayburgers. She ate the hayburgers, paid for them, and left. Then she woke up. She was rather hungry, and wished that she really had been eating hayburgers. It was now daytime, but she wasn’t sure how long she had actually slept.