• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 286 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 286

Just a Human

“It’s me, Coloratura!” Coloratura said. “I was going to perform as the opening act for Avenue Horseshoe, but I fell down a well in Manehattan and ended up here.”

“Performances on Manehattan Broadway have opening acts?” Pony Twilight said. She had never heard of that before.

“Yep, and I was going to be the opening act!” Coloratura said. “But now I’m at a random camp instead, I guess. And I’m what you call a human, according to the other humans I asked.”

“Well, at least you’re not just a human,” Pony Twilight said. Coloratura gave a small smirk. “You’re still your pony self, but in human form.”

Just a human?” Human Twilight frowned.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean anything by it,” Pony Twilight said. “It was just a reference to one of Coloratura’s songs.”

“I am just a pony, I make mistakes from time to time!” Coloratura sang.

“Oh, okay,” Human Twilight said. “Care to sing the whole song? It sounds nice.”

Coloratura opened her mouth to sing, but then Human Twilight got an idea. “Hey, why don’t you perform for the whole camp?” she asked. “It would be amazing! No one would even know you’re not the human Coloratura.”

“Wait, what?” Coloratura said.

“Yeah, the human Coloratura is a famous singer and actress with songs like ‘Just Be Yourself’ and movies like ‘A Star Is Birthed,” Human Twilight said.

“But won’t the camp be confused by the fact that my songs aren’t Human Coloratura’s songs?” Coloratura said. “I mean, I sing about being a pony and stuff.”

“Yeah, I think they’ll just be happy to get a performance from you,” Human Twilight said.

Coloratura looked at Pony Twilight, who smiled. “Alright, I’ll do it,” Coloratura said.