• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 286 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 286

Uber Discord

Three hours later, the camp had gathered in front of an impromptu stage made from lots of random crates that were around the camp for some reason. Coloratura was about to give her performance. Human Twilight and Pony Twilight cheered.

The curtains, which were really just blankets held by random campers, opened. Coloratura sat in front of a piano, but realized that she didn’t know how to play it with human hands. She would have to sing a capella.

“I am just a pony! I make mistakes from time to time!” Coloratura sang. The campers cheered and the concert was a huge success. The campers all gave donations to support the artist and it was enough to call an Uber to come pick Coloratura and Pony Twilight up and take them to the school.

When the Uber arrived, Pony Twilight (who shall now be referred to as just “Twilight” again since Human Twilight is staying at camp), was surprised to see that Discord was the driver.

“Hi!” Discord said. “I’m an Uber driver now. I’m Uber Discord!” He was still in draconequus form even though he was in the human world.

“Wait, why are you still a draconequus?” Twilight asked.

“I exist in both worlds, or really all worlds,” Discord said. “There’s only one of me!”

“Why are you an Uber driver?” Coloratura asked.

“Can’t a chaos god just drive an Uber if he wants?” Discord asked.

“Sure, I guess,” Twilight said.

“Well, hop in!” Discord said. Twilight and Coloratura got into Discord’s Uber.

“Where to?” Discord asked.

“To Canterlot High…” Twilight said. “Unless you have a quicker way back to the pony world.”

“Oh, I’m so glad you asked,” Discord said. He snapped his fingers and the Uber was suddenly on top of a mountain. It was very cold.

“Where are we?” Coloratura asked.

“We’re on the top of Mount Everfree,” Discord said. “The human world version.”

“But…why?” Twilight asked.

“You wanted a quicker way back to the pony world, and here it is,” Discord said. And he drove off the edge of the mountain.