• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 287 Views, 22 Comments

"What Are You Doing? Buy This Book Now!" - Strawberry Sunrise



An innocuous book purchase sends Twilight on a series of random adventures.

  • ...
 22
 287

Down a Well Again

With the rest of her friends at the theatre, Twilight figured she might as well go home on her own. She started walking toward the train they had used to get to Manehattan when she heard a cry for help. “Help me!” the cry said.

“Again?” Twilight asked. “What’s happening now? There aren’t any wells in Manehattan.” Still, she figured that she’d better go see what was going on. Perhaps somepony was being mugged!

“Help me!” the cry said again. Twilight rushed through the streets, searching for the source, and finally found it. It was a well.

“What?” Twilight said, now utterly confused. She looked down the well, but there was nothing to be seen.

“Help me!” the cry said again. This cry was more repetitive than Scootaloo’s cries back in Ponyville. “Help me!”

Sighing, Twilight lowered herself down the well, flying this time instead of using a rope. This well was wider than the one back in Ponyville, so that was easier to do than it would have been back there. And this way, she didn’t need a rope. Now that she thought about it, she should have given the rope back to Applejack earlier, but she had left it back at her castle. Oh, well. She could still give it to her in the morning.

Twilight continued to go down the well, until eventually she suddenly felt like she had turned upside down and began falling, unable to fly. She landed in a lake.

“What the…?” she thought, realizing that she was now in human form. Also, it was daytime.