• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 660 Views, 142 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 3 - MLPSolarDash1907



After saving Equestria, amid the school crisis, the Mane Six try to get back to their lives while Mystic tries to learn more about friendship and rediscover what made her past relationships special

  • ...
3
 142
 660

Chapter 4 – A wild party

Author's Note:

Hey everypony, I decided to surprise you with an early release for this chapter because well, I'm actually quite excited for it! :pinkiehappy:

But the next one won't be out until February 5th, until then, enjoy what is probably the wackiest chapter I've written in any of the Parts! :twilightsmile:

Mystic walked down the trails of Ponyville, heading towards Sugarcube Corner. The morning sun rose and delivered a cool breeze that made Mystic relax some. Despite what she knew awaited her, and how much she didn’t like that pony’s energetic attitude, Mystic’s mind wandered elsewhere.

Honesty. Loyalty. Kindness. Generosity. Laughter. And Magic.

All of those make up the most powerful jewels known to Pony kind, Mystic thought, having memorized them all last night. The Elements of Harmony, huh?

Mystic remembered how fascinated she was, and still is, about the story of how Twilight and her friends defeated Nightmare Moon.

An old memory from long ago had popped up in her mind. She closed her eyes, seeing herself in her dingy room and saw how the moon never set for a few hours.

Panic had ensued in Imperial City, Mystic could practically hear their screams of how the world was ending.

And then, a few hours later, the sun suddenly came up as if it had been just a nightmare.

Nightmare...

Mystic hadn’t had any until that one night when she slept at the Apples’ homestead. A chill went down Mystic’s spine, the unicorn tried to suppress whatever the livid nightmares she once had back into her mind.

Instead she decided to think on her current situation. As much as she didn’t want to go along with the party, maybe it could be a nice distraction and maybe a fun time?

I don’t know the last time I had a party was... Mystic thought, unable to help feel nervous. Goodness, I feel so out of my element...

With a gulp, she continued on her way.


“Have a nice day!” Pinkie bubbled as the mare named Amethyst Star left with her order.

“Huh!” Pinkie sighed happily, “It’s wonderful to make ponies smile and spread cheer!”

She hopped into the kitchen, grabbed a dishtowel with her mane and headed over to the sink where she began scrubbing some plates.

Normally at this hour, the Cake twins would be upstairs playing with one another. However, they were taken to Daycare for a couple of days due to the Cakes being out of town and business booming at Sugarcube Corner.

Pinkie smiled a little, remembering seeing so many friends in the past few hours. Some from Ponyville and beyond.

However, as Pinkie thought about it some, she focused more on her dishwashing as she thought about the last several days.

The Cakes’ babies were getting older, and though they still loved her, they have begun to talk and are more into their own little worlds than playing with her.

Pinkie scrubbed harder, cleaning the dish, and moved onto another plate. She didn’t blame them, but for a while, interest in parties has dwindled a little bit in Ponyville.

Pinkie couldn’t help but think of what happened to Canterlot. A lot more injuries and damage across Equestria than usual. She did try to cheer them up but they just resided and wanted to be left alone as they took their time away from her.

She tried to understand, but wouldn’t they have at least wanted something to spread a little cheer?

Suddenly, the bell to the shop open. Pinkie perked up from her work, she tossed the dishtowel aside and skipped out of the kitchen to the cash register.

“Hello! Welcome to Sugarcube Cor--” Pinkie greeted, but paused with an astounded look when she saw Mystic standing there with a sheepish smile.

“Sugarcube Corner?” Mystic finished for her. “It smells like sugar in here, huh?”

Pinkie shook her head vigorously, snapping out of her shock. “I guess so. So, what’re you doing here?”

“Twilight wanted me to start my assignments and connect with you,” said Mystic.

“Oh,” said Pinkie, smiling, she would’ve been more excited. “Well, we can start with basic baking and going over my scrapbook. We’ll make you one too!”

“Sure.”

Pinkie looked over at Mystic, unable to help but still feel hurt about the lies she had been told.

Was she not as efficient in making ponies happy?

She failed multiple times to help Starlight smile and seeing the mare caused a great pit to grow in Pinkie’s stomach.

The thoughts were haunting.

Pinkie wondered if someponies just didn’t like her parties anymore...

She felt a little selfish dwelling on her problems rather than bonding with the sheepish unicorn right in front of her.

“Pinkie...” said Mystic.

Pinkie smiled again, “Yes Mystic?”

“I just... I’m...” Mystic facehoofed. “I’m very sorry, okay?”

“It’s okay!” Pinkie beamed.

“No, it isn’t,” replied Mystic. “Because of my lies... you... worked so hard to give me a good time with everypony else... and I reacted to having so much on me...”

“Oh, I understand,” said Pinkie, placing the bowl of batter on the countertop.

“Well... I wanted to ask you something...”

Mystic had Pinkie’s full attention, the pink mare leaned forward. The unicorn awkwardly rubbed her foreleg, “I just... think we all deserve a good time right now... so...” She audibly gulped. “Pinkie... can we still have that party we never had for me?”

Pinkie’s eyes lit up, joy swelled within her heart that it threatened to explode. An excited cheer escaped from Pinkie’s muzzle and she immediately latched onto Mystic, “Of course! Of course!”

“Pinkie! I can’t breathe!” Mystic choked.

“Oh, sorry!” Pinkie put her down and beamed as Mystic tried to catch her breath. “You’re wanting to apologize and have fun with everypony?”

Mystic nodded vigorously. “S-Sure! Let’s have the party that we’ll never forget!”

“Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!” Pinkie leaped high into the air and landed on top of the fridge. “Let’s get baking!” She pounded on the door of the fridge, and it popped open, sending out cupcakes and other desserts that looked to have been preserved.

“Y-Yeah!” Mystic held a hoof high, “Let’s get baking!”

Maybe things are going to be okay between me and my friends! Pinkie’s smile grew, her uneasiness dwindled but still lingered. And it’s time to go all out extreme Pinkie style!


“I thought we were going to get baking,” said Mystic as she and Pinkie stood outside Sugarcube Corner.

“I almost forgot that we didn’t get the welcome wagon out for you!” Pinkie giggled, bringing out a pink and white wagon. “I just hope I put the cake and confetti in the right places this time!” Before Mystic could ask, the wagon opened up to reveal trumpets playing, flags waving along with treats on display.

Pinkie began hopping around and began singing, “Welcome, welcome, welcome A fine welcome to you! Welcome, welcome, welcome, I say how do you do?” A trumpet seemed to pierce through Mystic’s ears, making her wince. “Welcome, welcome, welcome, I say hip hip hurray! Welcome, welcome, welcome, To Ponyville today!” Mystic took a step back as Pinkie slid on her knees, stopping in front of her.

“Wait for it!” Pinkie said gleefully.

Suddenly, Mystic got a blast of confetti right in her face and she barely noticed some cake flying shooting up into the air.

“Oh, no!” Mystic cried before she was covered with cake that quickly solidified around her.

She managed to poke her head out and see Pinkie covered in the same substance.

“Oops! I got the cake and confetti in the wrong places again!” she said with a happy grin. “Oh well!” Mystic watched as Pinkie stepped out of the cake that had molded into her shape, open her mouth wider than what she thought possible and gobble the cake in one bite.

“I feel like I’m gonna faint...” Mystic muttered, unable to process this mare’s abilities.


Mystic stood over the recently baked cupcakes, her mind still reeling from Pinkie’s seemingly supernatural abilities.

First Discord and now this one? she thought, looking up as Pinkie decorated an orange cake that was nearly touching the ceiling of Sugarcube Corner. Are they trying to make me go insane?

She shook her head and began squeezing the icing onto the cupcakes, her mind still wandering.

Get a grip, Mystic! Just keep your head on and make it through this! I’ve handled things they hadn’t seen before!

She heard Pinkie laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Mystic demanded, looking up at her.

“Are you trying to decorate the entire counter?” Pinkie giggled.

Mystic paused in her decorating to see that she had squeezed too much orange icing on the cupcakes and some on the countertop.

“Gah!” Mystic facehoofed.

“It’s okay!” Pinkie suddenly was next to her. “It’s happened to me before!”

“A thousand moons ago?” Mystic deadpanned.

“Nope! Just last night!”

Mystic paused. “I’m not sure how to respond to that.”

“Oh! Can you go check on the pies please?” Pinkie asked, now back up the ladder to decorate the cake.

“Fine!” said Mystic, bolting into the kitchen only to see smoke coming from the oven. “Shoot!” She opened the oven only for the pie to explode in her face. She yelped and tumbled back onto her flank.

“Oh! I forgot to say they’re harmless exploding pies!” Pinkie called back. “They tend to smoke a lot!”

Mystic noticed that the pie wasn’t hot but it was all over her. “Thanks for the tip.”

Pinkie trotted into the kitchen, “Oops! Sorry! It’s a new recipe and I’m working out the kneads within it!”

“Don’t you mean bugs like in a new thing?” Mystic asked, brushing the batter off her face.

“Nope! That wouldn’t match with pies!”

“Fair enough,” replied Mystic, standing up.

“Now, let’s get started with making streamers, plans for a disco dance floor, the fun tubes, the--”

“Wait a disco dance floor?” Mystic asked, “Weren’t we just going to have a party?

Pinkie laughed. “Silly Mysty wisty! We’ll be decorating all day until tonight!”

“What?!” Mystic’s eyes flew wide open.

“Fun for twenty-four hours! Wooooo!” Pinkie hugged Mystic tightly. “The ultimate party is coming!”


Is this how I’m supposed to truly get to know Pinkie? Mystic thought as she stirred the batter. She looked over her shoulder to see Pinkie preparing multicolored streamers at a fast pace. She’s really going all out with this party, just for me?

She remembered Twilight’s words on how much Pinkie loves making ponies smile and having a good time.

“It doesn’t matter now! What’s up? If you are sad or blue!” Pinkie sang, “Cause cheering up my friends is what Pinkie’s here to do!”

“Why’re you singing that?” Mystic asked, seeing that she’s covered in batter.

“It helps me concentrate!” Pinkie beamed at her. “I also sing it once a week to Ponyville.”

Mystic stirred the batter harder. “Really?”

“Yep! I call it the Smile Song! It’s a classic!”

Mystic sighed, stirring faster. Just try and carry out your first assignment, Mystic. I can do this.


Mystic stood at the end of Pinkie’s bedroom, completely frozen as Pinkie has blown more than fifty balloons in less than a minute.

“If you want to go and do some more baking, I can totally handle this,” said Pinkie. “After all, this is for you!”

Mystic snapped out of her stunned state. “No! I mean, uh, what do you like to do besides planning parties?”

“First I get up! Take care of the babies as I work and cheer up those who really need it! I love hanging out with my friends and I have my favorite jalapeno red velvet cupcakes!”

“Again, gross,” Mystic whispered as Pinkie rambled on.

“Oh! And you should totally check out my secret party planning cave!” Pinkie continued, “Oops! I shouldn’t have told you that yet!”

“Okay, so what next?” Mystic cut in.

“This!” Pinkie bolted over and pushed a white cupcake next to the staircase. It went down and Mystic suddenly fell through the floor, slid down a slide and crashed on the other side of the room.

“Uuuuhhh,” Mystic’s stomach swirled. She saw that she was looking up at stalactites growing from a rock ceiling. She groaned as she sat up and saw Pinkie looking through one of the files that were spread across the room filled with balloons, cupcakes and gumdrops decorated the walls, and disco balls hung from the ceiling near the slide. Mystic couldn’t believe it. How did this fit into Sugarcube Corner’s structure? Were they underground?

“Just needed to get a few more ideas and my contact number for a party this big!” said Pinkie, she turned to Mystic, holding a file in her hoof, “A party deserves the ultimate supreme party planner aside from me!”

“Supreme party planner?” Mystic asked, looking around the planning cave and up to the stalactites. “And isn’t this more of a cavern because of the--”

Suddenly, Pinkie was right in her face with a full-on glare, “It’s a party planning cave! Not a cavern!”


Mystic sat in a chair, worn out from all of the zipping around and decorating they did inside and out of Ponyville. She had noticed there had been some construction noises around the town but chalked it up to Pinkie being... whatever the hay she was.

“Hasn’t this been so much fun, Misty wisty?” Pinkie asked, now finished with decorating the last of the cupcakes.

Oh, please don’t tell me she’s going to call me that from now on! Mystic thought. She cleared her throat, “Uh? Not sure what to say, but you do put a lot of effort into your parties.”

“Annndd I have documented profiles of what all my friends like! I’ve recently added yours!” Pinkie beamed and holding Mystic’s folder to show her.

“That’s creepy,” Mystic remarked.

“Not in the slightest!” Pinkie declared, tossing the folder back into the entrance to the party cave.

“Well, so far, I’ve learned you’re fast, energetic, have a tremendous memory, and care a lot about parties,” said Mystic.

“Oh, and full of laughter! Laughter is the best medicine!” Pinkie began laughing as an example, followed by Mystic’s weak, forced chuckle. “You’re getting it!”


Mystic looked out the window to see it was nearly sundown. She’d learned about Pinkie’s family and wondered how the hay they could even be her family. Aside from Pinkie’s antics, the pink mare seemed nice enough but how was she supposed to bond with somepony like that?

She felt a hoof tap her shoulder and knew that it was almost time for the party. She turned to Pinkie whose smile was so bright it filled the room.

“Okay, here’s the party title, I’m calling it,” Pinkie took a deep breath, “The super extravagant-supreme ultimate I helped save Equestria, the kids, stopped the lions, and welcome to Ponyville party!”

Mystic shook her head vigorously. “Wow, what a mouthful.”

“Uh huh! Isn’t it great?” Pinkie squeed.

“I don’t think it’s too much to ask for you to shorten it?” Mystic asked, cringing at her possible reaction.

“Oh, I’ll find a way to shorten the party title! It’s all for you, anyway!” Pinkie laughed, much to Mystic’s relief. She hopped towards Mystic’s side, pulling her in for a side hug, “But we will be celebrating every aspect of what you did for us!”

“Can’t... wait?” Mystic awkwardly grinned.

“Is this the big guest we’re celebrating with?” said a cheerful male voice, once rivaling Pinkie’s. Mystic turned to see a taller yellow earth pony with a nearly matching shirt and a brown poofy mane.

“Cheese Sandwich!” Pinkie bubbled. “How wonderful you could make it!”

“I wouldn’t want to miss such a party by my super-duper party planner!” Cheese laughed.

Oh no... Mystic thought, slightly lowering onto the floor. There are two energetic party planners?!

“Let’s get her to the Cheese-tastic balloon to give her a view of the entire party!” said Cheese.

Suddenly, Mystic felt herself shoved to the middle of Pinkie’s bedroom and there was a huge basket in the middle of it.

“V-View?” Mystic asked.

“Yep!” Cheese and Pinkie cheered.


Mystic looked down at the roof of the bakery and how its roof had opened. Then it slid close and shut as if it never had opened.

“Heeerrreee’s the ultimate party Ponyville’s ever seen!” Pinkie cheered.

Mystic looked up and when she did, her jaw hit the basket’s bottom. “Oh. My. Gosh.”

In the area surrounding Town Hall there was a huge disco floor with multiple disco balls flashing their different colors across the square. Stands of food, candy, carnival games and bouncy castles were scattered all across Ponyville’s square and streets. There were even ferris wheels and other carnival rides towards Twilight’s castle.

There were giant balloons of Mystic floating around the town, all of them seemed to be as large as a house. There were fun slides loop-de-looping around the rooftops as well as huge party cannons that sent huge blasts of confetti out.

Suddenly, the feedback of a megaphone rang through Mystic’s ears, causing her to cover her ears. She looked over to see Pinkie and Cheese right next to it.

“All right, everypony!” Pinkie exclaimed. “We’re here to celebrate the ultimate, most funmazing party Ponyville has ever seen! Hosted by Pinkie Pie--”

“--and Cheese Sandwich!” Cheese added.

“And we’re here with the big guest of the evening and all-night party, Mystic!” both party ponies announced.

Mystic nearly passed out when cheers rang out and orange fireworks began popping across the sky.

The balloon descended to the ground and there was an entire crowd of ponies, some even looked to be from outside Ponyville.

“Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie and Cheese announced.

Both of them hopped out of the balloon, followed by Mystic who just went along with it.

Then, electronic music mixed in with cello music began emitting from a nearby stage, sending flashing colors of all kinds across the dance floor and the square. Mystic saw a spiky blue haired unicorn behind her DJ-stand and a darker earth pony with a silky black mane.

There was too much energy. It was positive but it was too much.

Everything about Pinkie, Cheese, and the party were all filled with the positive energy as if it were spreading Equestria and beyond.

“Come on, Mystic!” Pinkie cheered, hopping towards the dance floor, “The most energetic party awaits! Just get with the flow and let yourself go!”

Mystic followed Pinkie onto the dance floor where ponies were dancing wildly to the beats, the bright flashing lights were bothersome at first but Mystic focused on Pinkie who was doing all kinds of twirls and somersaults.

Hesitantly, Mystic began to wiggle her flanks and stick out her forelegs. She began to listen to the beat and felt as if it was inviting her to cut loose.

Mystic began to dance even more by moving her entire body and moving her legs in various directions. She began to smile as her heart raced and the adrenaline began to flow.

“Let’s do this!” she cried.

Mystic stood on her hindlegs, buried her face into the crook of her right foreleg and stuck her left out as far as she could. Then she lunged forward, twirling on one leg and doing a somersault through the air, landing on her hindlegs again before going laying on her back and spinning on the ground.

“Ha!” she cried, enjoying herself. She got back up, “It’s a lot like my moves when I fight!”

The beat went on and Mystic continued to let it carry her.


She didn’t know how long she had danced for, but it was fun and fueled her with even more energy. Mystic jumped off the stage, landed on her hindlegs and did one final spin before stumbling away from the stage.

“Hee hee hee!” Pinkie giggled from nearby, “You let the flow carry you!”

Mystic took in a deep breath of air, “Yes I did!”

“And you didn’t let those odd looks bother you! I’m proud!” Pinkie giggled.

Odd looks? Mystic thought with a shrug. Suddenly, she felt herself pulled away at high speed. She barely noticed Pinkie dragging her along until she came to a stop at a place that made her jaw drop again.

In the middle of the four-way Ponyville street, was the huge orange cake Pinkie had been working on, along with cakes of various sizes, orange cupcakes, donuts, an orange chocolate fountain, and many more desserts Mystic couldn’t make out. Above them was an orange banner with black writing saying “The ultimate thank you and welcome party to Mystic our fun fun guest!”

“Isn’t it great?!” Pinkie suddenly appeared in front of the aghast Mystic.

“It...” Mystic shook her head, “I’ve never seen so many desserts before!”

“I also shortened the title!” Pinkie beamed. Mystic looked to the right to see Cheese Sandwich performing on a stage, standing on a large yellow ball with accordion in his hooves as streamers flowed from the stage.

“Let’s dig in!” Pinkie shouted.

“Wait! I want to go try of the other goodies first,” Mystic quickly spoke, not wanting a stomach ache so soon.

“Oh, okay!” Pinkie cried, “Let’s go blast off from one of Cheese’s cannons!”

“What?!”

But it was too late as Cheese already got the word and zipped off down the street behind the cakes and goodies.


“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Mystic strained as she and Pinkie were in the so called “Cheese supreme cannonball surprise.”

“As sure as if my name was Pink and Pie!” Pinkie said with a laugh.

BOOOM!

Mystic felt herself pushed out of the cannon at high speed. The G-forces she felt as she soared through the air made her vision tear up all while Pinkie was laughing and cheering.

As the roofs of Ponyville whizzed by, Mystic saw that they were heading straight for one of the long slides that went all across Ponyville.

Mystic let out a yelp as she and Pinkie landed on their flanks and began sliding. The ride was fast, and nearly made Mystic’s stomach flip over. She went around curves, through loop-de-loops and a part that went up and down in a fast matter.

When she came to the end of the slide, she was ejected onto a bouncy castle’s roof and she went flying back next to the orange dessert table. She landed on her hooves where Pinkie was waiting for her brightly grinning as always.

“Did you enjoy the trip around Ponyville?!” Pinkie cried.

Mystic opened her mouth but her legs became noodles and she fell flat on her thankfully empty stomach.


The party seemed to stretch on forever even though only a few hours had passed. Mystic sat at a table, trying to make sure she has enough energy to carry on through the night.

A big slice of orange cake slid in front of her. She looked to see a beaming Pinkie.

“Have your first piece of cake we’ve barely have gotten started!” said Pinkie.

“Wow,” said Mystic. She sighed and then took her first bite of the cake without using her fork. Her tastebuds tingled at the taste of it. The sweetness of the icing, the cake, and everything about it made her mouth water. Mystic dug into the cake, not caring about her manners and just ate it in several huge bites.

“Wow!” Pinkie marveled, “You must have loved that cake!”

“It was unlike any cake I’ve tasted,” Mystic admitted with a grin.

“I’ll get you another!” Pinkie reached behind her and pulled out another piece.

Mystic’s mouth watered even harder. She dug into the cake.

But there was also something else on her mind.

Maybe there’s something that can also help me forget about the embarrassing moments at this party... Mystic thought, finishing off the second piece.

“Hey Pinkie,” said Mystic.

“Yeah?” Pinkie beamed at her.

“I can’t fully get into the party because of pressing matters,” said Mystic.

“Huh?” Pinkie asked.

“I think I need to take my mind off of those things and truly get with the flow!” said Mystic.

“Really?” Pinkie’s eyes widened in excitement.

“Yeah, I think you do too!” Mystic wrapped a foreleg around Pinkie’s neck, “Do you have something that can get us into the party and truly cut loose?”

“Yepperooni! Just follow me!”


Mystic found herself at the back of Ponyville where Pinkie pushed out a table from the shadows, maintaining that bright smile. In the middle of it, there was a bowl that had a pink glow emitting from underneath the lid.

What in the world could be causing that? she thought.

“I don’t offer this to many ponies other than those closest to me,” said Pinkie, “And for special occasions I let it be used as well. I call it,” she pulled off the lid, the bright pink glow causing Mystic to flinch. It looked like a bunch of candy mushed together in a liquid, “The Pinkie Elixir!”

“You’re sure this will get us into enjoying the party and focus on nothing else?” Mystic asked.

“It’s worked for me multiple times! Even Rainbow Dash and a lot of other ponies,” replied Pinkie. She leaned forward, her nose touching Mystic’s, “Just do not eat too much of it! It’s not your friend if you do!”

“Okay! Okay!” Mystic pulled back, nodding. “I’ll just take a few and just enjoy myself.”


More than a few helpings of the Elixir, Pinkie and Mystic were laying on their backs laughing and giggling.

“And I said oatmeal are you crazy?!” Pinkie cried.

Mystic laughed. “And I once strolled up to a twister and chugged a drink into it. It never hit the ground!”

Both of then roared in laughter.

“Are you feeling loose and ready to go?!” Pinkie asked, standing up.

Mystic stood up tipsily, “I am ready ready ready!”

Soon, Mystic found herself happily hopping along the streets of Ponyville, keeping up with Pinkie.

“This is so much fun!” Pinkie cried.

“Isn’t it?!” Mystic laughed, “I’ve never hopped so fast before!”

“Check this out!” Pinkie jumped from the ground up onto a rooftop and began jumping all over the roof, down to the street and all around. “Boingy! Boingy! Boing!”

“Let me try that!” Mystic jumped but she ended up crashing into the side of a house. She laid flat on her back but shot right back up, “Hoo! I guess I mistimed it!”


Pinkie and Mystic drank more of the Elixir as they dangled upside down from Town Hall’s railing. They giggled like little fillies.

“Hey, why don’t you have a coltfriend, Misty?” Pinkie giggled.

“Nopony would have me,” Mystic replied in a fake sad tone.

Pinkie blinked multiple times in response and broke out into laughter followed by Mystic.

Pinkie grabbed Mystic by the hoof and jumped down with her and landed on top of a blow-up castle, sending them careening across the sky and onto another one of the fun slides.

“Yaaaaaayyy!” they cheered.

The slide seemed over too quickly as they came to a stop next to a couple of carnival games.

“Mystic?” came a voice.

Giggling, Mystic looked over with wide excited eyes at Spike who was staring at her with a bewildered look.

“Spiky!” she shouted happily, levitating him up.

“Whoa! Whoa! What’s going on?” Spike cried.

“It’s my party!” Mystic giggled. She turned to some nearby ponies.

“This guy’s the little star of the show after me!” Mystic cried, holding the drake up, “Let’s stuff him with pudding!”

“Already got it!” Pinkie cheered, appearing in front of her and holding a large tub of chocolate pudding.

“All right!” Spike laughed, “Pudding city!”


“...so, then I was like,” Mystic paused, looking around the surrounding streets of Ponyville as the citizens continued to enjoy the party.

“Pinkie?” Mystic called out.

She didn’t see Pinkie anywhere.

“Piiiinkiieeeeeee!”

She tipsily began trotting through the streets, avoiding ponies and taking more of Pinkie’s Elixir.

“Piiiinkiieeeeeee!”

She saw a dark pink earth pony mare with a purple mane shouting at Pinkie who was smiling all the way and just dancing in a fruit punch bowl.

“Hey! That’s my party pony there!” Mystic shouted. “Leave her alone, you slimy snake.”

“Excuse me?” the earth pony turned around with a snooty glare. “Who do you think you’re talking to?”

“Nopony,” Mystic said, forming a glare as best as she could, “I’m talking to nopony.”

She gently shoved the earth pony away, but this was enough to send her tumbling back into the table and crashing on top of it.

Pinkie did a backflip in the air and landed next to Mystic with a bright smile.

“So, what’re we going to do next?” Pinkie beamed.

“Wherever the flow takes us!” Mystic bubbled. She laughed and Pinkie joined her.


The rest of the night was becoming a blur to Mystic but she was laughing and running around Ponyville.

To where she and the party pony were doing the can-can with a lot of guests on the dance floor. She didn’t know how much desserts, drinks, or whatever was at the party she had as she was on a complete sugar rush and the effects of the Elixir were at full effect. She remembered ponies running in a stampede, a cotton candy monster, a huge cake, and several other smaller incidents.

“I can’t feel my stomach!” Mystic cheered as she finished splattering some paint onto a nearby cottage. She looked around for Pinkie again but she was nowhere in sight.

“Piiiinkiieeeeeee!”

When she turned to the area surrounding Town Hall, Mystic couldn’t believe the sight she was seeing.

Everypony looked like Pinkie Pie.

Way too many Pinkies! she thought. “Guess I’d better find her! It’ll be like hide and seek!”

Mystic began hobbling across the Ponyville square, trying not to fall into anypony. She stopped in front of a Pinkie

“Darn it Pinkie, stop sloping off on me!”

“Pinkie?” the pony asked, now revealed to be a grey pegasus mare with wall eyes, “What have you been having?”

Mystic ignored her and continued her search.

“I lost my friend! Do you know where she is?!”

She stopped in front of another pony, “Ha! Found ya, Pinkie!”

“I’m not Pinkie!” the pony said, now revealed to be a brown stallion with an hour glass cutie mark.

Mystic shrugged and continued on her way.

“Anypony seen Pinkie?!”

She didn’t receive any response. The Pinkies she saw filling up the square didn’t help matters either.

“Pinkie! You... crazy ball of energy!”

Deciding to check Town Hall, Mystic galloped over there, swerving around all of the Pinkies that were in her way.

Suddenly, she felt somepony grab her foreleg, that turned her around from Town Hall and seeing what she assumed was just another pony that looked like her targe.

“Mystic, what’re you doing?” Pinkie asked, smiling as usual.

Nope, this was the real Pinkie. Mystic giggled and hugged the party pony, which Pinkie returned with a bone crushing hug.

“How crazy is this night going to get?!” Pinkie beamed.

“I don’t know! But I think I know how to make it better!” said Mystic, breaking free from Pinkie and galloping off in the direction of Twilight’s castle.

“Wait up!” Pinkie laughed before tripping and falling on her face.

“Catch up!” Mystic called, focusing on the road in front of her.

“Mystic!” Twilight suddenly appeared.

“Oh no!” Mystic cried and galloped off towards an alley.

“Hey, wait up! Come back here missy!” Applejack called in a desperate tone.

“Neeeevveeeerrrr!” Mystic howled in laughter, running and using the wall to keep herself from falling. “You’ll never take me alive!” She laughed as a crowd of ponies continued to enjoy the party came into view. Mystic sharply turned to the right to jump over a fence, “I’m an Equestrian!” She tried to lift herself up but her strength gave out and she fell back onto the ground, looking up at the dimly lit sky before she blacked out.


When her mind began waking up, her eyelids felt heavy. Aches were all over her body as her stomach felt like she had eaten a haybale. It swirled, causing Mystic to feel nauseous. She could hear her heartbeat in her pounding head.

“Argh, I wanna die...” Mystic murmured.

She opened her eyes to find herself in a crystalline room with nothing but the bed she laid in, a dresser and a mirror.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Twilight Sparkle.

“Oh!” the alicorn said with a surprised look, “I was wondering when you were going to wake up.”

“Morning to you too,” Mystic groaned, letting out a belch.

“It’s actually one in the afternoon,” said Twilight.

Mystic slowly sat up, moving the covers away from her. Her insides groaned and felt as if she needed to use the restroom.

“I take it you had a good party?” Twilight asked.

Mystic shrugged, “It was... I don’t know what came over me.”

“Well, you created quite a stir at the party last night,” said Twilight. “You’re lucky nopony was hurt.”

“No, I didn’t,” replied Mystic.

“You did so.”

“I did?”

“You did.”

“Wellllll,” Mystic waved her off. “I don’t remember.”

“Be sure you rest well and use the restroom when you need to. It’s two doors down from the left,” said Twilight.

Mystic nodded. “Okay.”

“Be well, I’ll let Spike know you’re awake.”

Mystic waved her off again and the alicorn left. She slumped her head into her hooves. “Oh, gosh, what the hay, Mystic?”

She heard somepony shuffle next to her. Mystic turned and saw Pinkie was weakly sitting up with a smile on her face.

“Didn’t I tell you that dish wasn’t your friend if you ate too much of it?” Pinkie groaned.

“Yes...” replied Mystic. “Yes, you did.”

“I thought you were just going to get a few.”

“Well, in my defense, the first few dishes were quiet before things got out of hoof,” Mystic returned the smile.

Pinkie only responded by leaning onto Mystic’s shoulder, falling asleep on the spot.

Mystic sighed, and allowed her to stay as she tried to recover her strength.

Gosh, Mystic, you are such a moron...