• Published 1st Jan 2022
  • 660 Views, 142 Comments

Wherever the Light Shines: Part 3 - MLPSolarDash1907



After saving Equestria, amid the school crisis, the Mane Six try to get back to their lives while Mystic tries to learn more about friendship and rediscover what made her past relationships special

  • ...
3
 142
 660

Chapter 11 - Standing up for the School

For the past couple of days, Mystic had continued meeting with Starlight, practicing their magic and she felt her magic surging through her system. It was almost as if it had gotten stronger.

But now, Mystic held a dustpan in her hooves and was inside the jewelry shop of Ponyville. It was another pony she had to do jobs for because of her “uncle.”

I think I’m getting better at this magic stuff, Mystic thought, dusting off the window seals.

Dust flew up into her face, causing her to scrunch it up and force herself to—

“Don’t you sneeze again!” the jewel shopkeeper shouted.

“Y-Yes ma’am!” Mystic replied, wanting to strangle the bossy mare with her hooves.

But she continued to push herself to dust, sweep, and move displays around. All without her magic.

But Mystic began thinking of Starlight and how magical she was.

She is a good teacher, Mystic smiled.

“Yeah, you’ve got this down cold, Mystic!” Cierra’s voice echoed.

“I’m impressed with you!” came Meng’s voice.

Mystic bit her lower lip. She remembered the thrill of training and fighting with those two mares and their sisters.

“Remember to be careful around the displays!” the shopkeeper said.

Mystic had to hold back a snarl. She dusted the shelves harder and—

She bumped into something, causing her to whirl around to see a jewel display falling over.

“Oh crap!” Mystic cried as the display fell over. Its glass container hit the floor, shattering it and sending the jewels all across the room.

“What have you done?!” the shopkeeper shrieked.

“I... it was an accident!” Mystic cried, sweat forming at her brow.

“You have to pay me back for that thing!” said the shopkeeper, stomping over.

“I told you it was just an accident!”

The door to the shop opened, Mystic turned to see it was Starlight with a light glare on her face.

“Hey, what’s going on in here?” asked Starlight as she walked over.

“This mare is being disrespectful and rude!” the shopkeeper complained.

“She’s just acting like a banshee and getting on my case every five seconds!” Mystic shouted, tossing the feather duster aside.

“What?” Starlight hissed, turning to the shopkeeper, “You’re attacking my friend just because of a simple mistake?”

“She needs to learn to be respectful of others’ property,” said the shopkeeper.

“Well, how can I when you’re always running your mouth?” Mystic growled.

“Stop it!” Starlight shouted. Mystic shut herself up as Starlight rubbed her temples.



“Look, I hate it when ponies fight, and you two need to make amends,” said Starlight. Both the shopkeeper and Mystic glanced at each other. “So, I think we need for you two to be as honest and open as you can be in order to understand one another.” Mystic rubbed her forehead in response. “Who’s going to start first?”

There wasn’t a response from either ponies for a little while.

“I guess I was just bitter of how she was rude and didn’t obey my ways of working around here,” said the shopkeeper, frowning.

“Oh, really?” Starlight glanced at Mystic.

“Yeah,” the shopkeeper’s eyes full of remorse, “Kids these days just don’t understand the importance of doing things right and cause trouble for others. It’s not like it was when I was growing up.”

“I see,” said Starlight. She turned to Mystic, “And Mystic, couldn’t you have shown some respect in the past?”

Mystic nodded, trying to swallow her pride, “Yes. I should’ve... done it the way she asked. And... I probably should’ve told everypony that I was framed for the damage.”

“Say what?” the shopkeeper’s eyes widened.

“Oh yeah, I fought a lion in Ponyville one night,” said Mystic. “You’re welcome.”

The shopkeeper stood there slack-jawed for a second. Then she shook her head, snapping out of her stunned state.

“I’m sorry for not being as nice as I should have,” said the shopkeeper, “When I see that kind of behavior, it offends me.”

“I’m sorry too,” said Mystic, “I wasn’t in the best of moods that day or now.”

Both of them bumped hooves.

Starlight smiled. “I’m proud of both of you, making amends like you did.”

“Score one for the school, huh?” Mystic asked, wanting to make a small joke.

But Starlight didn’t seem to take it as her smile slightly wilted and she nodded.

“You still need to clean up,” said the shopkeeper.

“I know,” replied Mystic.


Play it cool, Starlight, Starlight thought as Mystic walked over.

“I finally finished my last job for the day,” Mystic huffed.

“Oh, was it that bad?” Starlight asked.

“No, it was just how many there were today,” said Mystic. “Because of them, I had to miss more than half a day at school.”

“Oh, Twilight wanted me to tell you that she has some lessons for you to learn even after the school day so you can be caught up,” said Starlight as she and Mystic began walking to the school.

“Well, good for her,” Mystic said, twirling a hoof in the air.

“So, why did you come looking for me again?” Mystic asked.

“Oh, I wanted to just check in and see how the odd jobs were doing,” Starlight awkwardly chuckled.

“Odd jobs?” Mystic asked, “Couldn’t you have picked something more extravagant?”

“What would that have been?”

“I don’t know, you’re the expert,” Mystic said with a slight smirk.

Starlight smiled, “Sure, why not.” She cleared her throat and stepped in front of Mystic, “By the way, I think I might have a way to figure out how to get your memories back.”

Mystic froze. “What did you just say?”

“I think I can use a spell to bring back your memories,” said Starlight, “I basically put you in a deep sleep and help you relive the past. I’ve heard it helped ponies find memories they had once and then lost, only to be found again.”

“So...” said Mystic, “The spell is known to retrieve memories that had been lost only they were known before they were lost.”

“Uh yeah,” said Starlight.

“I appreciate the help, Starlight,” said Mystic, “But the way my memories haven’t returned... I just think using that sort of magic would be very dangerous. I mean, what could’ve happened to me before I woke up?”

“Maybe you were just traveling and got lost and somehow ended up there?” Starlight suggested.

“I don’t think it would work anyway since I didn’t have those memories before I was ten years old,” said Mystic.

Starlight paused with wide eyes. “Oh...”

Mystic patted Starlight’s shoulder, “Thanks again, but I don’t think it would be very safe. I gotta go finish some homework.”

Starlight stood there, watching Mystic depart.

What was I thinking?! Starlight thought, she smacked herself. I want to help and the only real way I can think of is magic?! She smacked herself again. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Then, she saw the evil stare of Nightfall flash through her mind, reminding her of her ultimate stupidity.


Now that she was finished with her homework, Mystic decided to go to the school cafeteria to grab a quick bite to eat.

Buckball certainly is an interesting sport, Mystic thought, Maybe I’ll learn more about it sometime.

Though it probably wouldn’t be as fun if she weren’t kicking the ball like the main players. When she turned a corner, she bumped into somecreature.

“Hey, watch it!” said Mystic.

“Sorry,” said Spike, rubbing his belly.

Mystic cleared her throat, “Oh, it’s you.” She narrowed her eyes, “Spike isn’t it?”

“Yep! That’s me!” the drake proudly pointed at himself.

“Okay,” replied Mystic. “I’m getting something from the cafeteria.”

“Oh, can I come with you?!” Spike asked excitedly.

Mystic lightly reeled back at his excitement, “Whoa! Okay!”


Spike and Mystic sat at a table in the cafeteria. The drake had a huge slice of gem cake on his plate while Mystic had a simple salad with light dressing on it.

“When you said you were going to get something to eat, I imagined something bigger,” said Spike.

“Like your gem cake?” Mystic asked.

“No, more like a few cookies or a slice of pound cake,” said Spike.

“I think that last one would make me gain pounds I wouldn’t want,” said Mystic.

Spike laughed and slammed his fist on the table. Mystic just shrugged.

“By the way,” said Mystic, “How is Twilight doing these past couple of days?”

“Well,” said Spike, frowning a bit. “The rumors circling her and the Princesses seem to have gotten worse.”

Mystic inclined her head. “What kind of rumors?”

“Well...” Spike sighed. “Ponies believe ever since Twilight became Princess of Friendship there have been some ponies that disapproved of it and think Celestia is losing her abilities to protect the kingdom.”

“What?” Mystic’s interest peaked.

“Yep,” replied Spike, “They’d been mostly scattered and didn’t occur much. But when the School opened ponies really started to hammer on both Celestia, Twilight, and Luna.” Mystic nodded for him to continue. “You see, Mystic, before Nightmare Moon was defeated and Luna was freed, Celestia had taken on raising both the sun and moon and she did so for at least a millennium.”

“Wow, really?” Mystic asked. I can’t imagine doing something like that.

“Yeah,” Spike crossed his arms, “And because of Twilight getting the Elements of Harmony, making friends, and stopping enemies where Celestia couldn’t, ponies in some of the dark corners have been talking.”

“Sounds rough.”

“That’s what I know at least,” said Spike, “And it’s been hard on Twilight.” He frowned, slightly sulking. “I just wish all of this would go away.”

“Well,” Mystic paused. “I’m no expert, but I think Twilight might need to consider other options.”

“That’s what I and some of our friends have been saying,” said Spike. “But Twilight wants to help Bullion and his sons because she’s if she doesn’t, she believes she’ll go against her role as Princess.”

Mystic ran a hoof down her face. “How do you know?”

“She won’t say, but I know her,” said Spike. “I’ve been by her side ever since she hatched me.”

Mystic gasped. “What?!” She stood up, and leaned forward, almost touching Spike’s nose, “Twilight Sparkle hatched you?”

“Uh...” Spike awkwardly grinned, “Yeah?”

Mystic pulled back, grasping him by the cheeks, “My gosh! Dragons are mostly unknown in their culture, but how rare is it to hear of a pony hatching a dragon egg?”

“It was an assignment Twilight had in Celestia’s school,” Spike said, slightly muffled by Mystic’s hooves.

“You’re kidding!” Mystic gasped again. “How rare is it that dragons are hatched from pony magic?”

“Rare!” Spike sputtered out. “Mystic! My cheeks are hurting!”

Mystic realized she had scrunched his face up too much.

“Sorry Spike,” Mystic pulled her hooves away, freeing the drake, “I’m just fascinated by creatures and the mysterious.”

“It’s okay,” said Spike, rubbing his cheeks, “Dragon Lord Ember was surprised as well.”

Mystic rubbed her chin. Maybe I can get to know him more. And maybe figure out more about dragons, too.

She recalled how she never got to see dragons up close and this could be a good opportunity.

“Hey Spike, what do you like to do for a hobby?” Mystic asked.

Spike’s face lit up, “Oh! All kinds of things! I love gems! The Power Ponies! Hoofball and Guy’s Night and lots of other things!”

“Well, maybe we could see what they’re all about?” Mystic suggested. “And by we, I meant me. If you get my drift?”

“Oh, I’d love to!” said Spike, “I show you my comic books of the Power Ponies! The action figures! The figurines! The plushies!”

As Spike went on, Mystic began to feel a little uncomfortable. Oh dear, what box did I just open?


“Finally done with the last of the schedule!” Twilight said, putting a large sheet of paper aside. The alicorn sat in her headmare’s chair. Today had been exhausting from having to clear up ponies demanding answers from the rumors and having to teach multiple classes in a professional matter.

Twilight recalled the last conversation she had with Bullion and how heated the exchanges got after certain things he had said.

“And how much did this school do for Cozy Glow?” Bullion’s voice echoed. Twilight began tearing up. “Who knows when one of these savages might just decide to do what she had done?”

Twilight gritted her teeth and balled up her hooves. She needed to fix all of this but she feels as if she’s getting nowhere and especially with helping Starlight as best she could. She was at her wit’s end with all of this.

Then her office doors flew open, startling the alicorn. It didn’t help that it was Spoiled Rich.

Oh, this won’t be good, Twilight thought. “Spoiled Rich, how can I help you?”

“I’m pulling Diamond out of this school!” Spoiled announced.

Twilight gasped, “What?! No!”

“I am! Both Filthy Rich and I agreed upon it!” said Spoiled. She stomped up to Twilight’s desk. “Here’s his signature on the withdrawal paper.” She placed it in front of Twilight. The alicorn opened it and saw that Mr. Rich had signed the paper. She had to keep her bottom lip from trembling.

“Honestly, this town just seems as muddy and mundane when I first moved here,” said Spoiled, “But I think it’s gotten worse because of this facility!”

Twilight clenched her jaw and forehooves. “If you don’t think this is a town you should be living in, why don’t you just move out?”

“I want to move away by all accounts! But Filthy won’t move because this is where his business was founded and he won’t move the headquarters of it!” Spoiled spat.

“Then find another arrangement,” Twilight muttered.

“I heard that,” said Spoiled.

“I figured,” said Twilight, trying to focus on her papers.

“I know what’s true of you,” Spoiled growled. “You think you can just up and find a way to replace Celestia with your demented ways? I can’t believe she even bought into it!”

“You will not insult Celestia like that!” Twilight screamed.

“It’s a fact!” Spoiled seethed. “She was such a strong princess until you came along!”

Get out! Get out since you’re no longer attending parent and teacher conferences!”

Spoiled stood there wide-eyed for a minute before she turned up her nose and stomped out of the office.

After she had left, Twilight facehoofed.

Wow Twilight, worked up much? the alicorn thought, knowing how unprofessional that was.

Twilight let some tears fall. She could not take much more of this. She needed a way out but how was she going to do that?

She sulked in her chair, thinking about the wonderful times she and her friends had.

The memories always made her smile but they did so even more when she and her friends talked about their good old days. Back when things were... simpler.

I wouldn’t trade anything for all that’s been done or how far we’ve come, Twilight thought. Sometimes she missed the days when she was just a simple librarian.

But friendship had brought them all on a magical journey.

“But it isn't the Elements that will keep us connected. It's our friendship. And it's more important and more powerful than any magic.”

Some ponies may not see that about friendship, Twilight thought. But I can remind everypony who does to celebrate it.

Twilight scratched her chin and began to think.

Who are the ones just pulling us under? she thought. It was Bullion, his congressponies, ponies far away, and few and far between in Ponyville.

“Twilight, with all that’s surrounding us, I’m not so sure what to do,” she recalled Spike’s words. “But I fear if we take any action, things could get worse for us.”

The alicorn smiled a little, proud of her boy’s maturity in recent years.

And of his wings, she thought, still unable to believe he’d finally grown them.

She has all she needs in Ponyville, the best place in Equestria. Twilight scrunched her face, thinking more.

But ever since her failure with Cozy, would that mean the same thing for Bullion and his sons?

“You can’t let one bad apple make you think you’ve failed!” Silverstream’s cheery voice echoed.

Yet, I can’t help but feel like I have, Twilight thought. Even though she had been assured by her own friends that she hadn’t failed.

Twilight recalled Mystic’s words after she punished her, “Since you care so much about this school and how it could help everycreature, then why don’t you buck up and stand up against this stallion and his lackeys?”

That was something she had wanted for a while, but things weren’t going the way she’d hoped. However, she knew that if she stayed put things would likely deteriorate and there’d be no hope of restoring the school. But if she did something, maybe just maybe, she could have a chance.

Maybe Mystic was right, she thought.

Despite what could happen, Twilight thought of a plan and she might could use Celestia’s help to find out when and where there could be anything from magic to faulty setups causing the school to get damaged.

Enough is enough! Twilight thought, clenching her jaw and balling up her forehooves again. I will not let Bullion or these rumors stop doing what we’ve done for Equestria!

She stood up. I will fix this! The alicorn stomped out of the office to find Spike and send a letter to Celestia.


Eventually, Twilight found herself in the lobby of the school. She stood in the middle of it with her friends by her side, including Mystic who she had heard wanted to know what this was about, too.

“So, what’re we doing here?” Rainbow asked.

“And the students are invited, too?” Pinkie asked, “Are we having a school party?”

“No,” said Twilight, “I’ve called Mr. Bullion here to the lobby to talk. It’s time we put an end to this.” She caught a glimpse of Mystic breaking out into a smile.

“Really?” Fluttershy lightly gasped.

“Wow!” Rainbow said excitedly as the students began to murmur among each other.

“But what could happen if we did?” Spike asked.

“It’ll be worse if we do nothing, Spike,” said Twilight. “All of us here have had enough.”

The doors leading outside opened, and Twilight laid eyes on her target. Bullion was coming in with his sons by his side. The alicorn patiently waited for him to stop. His eyes were a little wide, and she knew he didn’t expect something like this.

“Twilight Sparkle,” said Bullion, “You wanted to speak to me.”

“Yes, I do,” said Twilight. “I’m afraid I have no choice, Bullion.”

“What?” Bullion’s eyes widened with fury.

“It’s time for you to go!” Pinkie cried.

“Mm-hmm!” Fluttershy nodded.

“You idiots don’t stand in my way,” Bullion snarled.

“You have been nothing but an awful parent to kids that won’t listen to reason in any way or another! It’s been months since they’ve enrolled but they refuse to change!” Twilight said, pointing at him.

“Because of...”

“Because of how terrible of a pony you are!” Rainbow shouted.

“Excuse you?!”

“You might belittle our connections and all we’ve accomplished, but you’re the one who couldn’t hold a candle up to any of it! No matter how rich you claim to be!” Rarity added.

“I agree you three party poopers!” Pinkie said with a rare glare.

“Mr. Bullion, your sons, Starry and Lucky are hereby expelled from this school and aren’t to ever step hoof on its grounds again,” Twilight stated.

“Wh-what?!” Bullion’s eyes flew wide. Twilight heard the bullies gasp. “Y-You can’t do that!”

“I can and I will,” said Twilight, forming an icy glare. “I have approval from Celestia and Luna.” She levitated a scroll showing both of their royal seals. “And I hereby put a restraining order against you to never come within twenty yards of my students and within five hundred feet of my school and castle.”

“This is absurd!” Bullion shouted. “Do you not know what could possibly come up if you take this action?!”

“That we are, but we all as a group are stronger than you could ever hope,” said Twilight.

“I’ve got friends! And you can’t keep the rumors silent anymore!” Bullion protested.

“So?” Twilight said in a louder tone, “I’ve got friends too and we’ll deal with them as well as we have dealt with you! This kind of behavior will not ever be allowed on this facility again!”

“What of the problems? What if something else happens?”

“I’ve taken precautionary measures and I will make sure in all ways I can think of there won’t be any other issues,” Twilight glared again. “As the Princess of Friendship, I hereby evict you three from this school! Never return or I will arrange for your arrest, Mr. Bullion!”

Twilight grinned at Bullion as the stallion fumed and his sons stood their slack-jawed as if their brains had broken. A sense of pride arose in the alicorn’s heart as her friends and students stood beside her, ready if he ever made a move.

“You’ll bring all of your opposition onto you,” Bullion snarled.

“We’ve dealt with worse,” said Applejack.

“Get lost,” Mystic said.

Bullion still stood there but Twilight held her ground, spreading her wings out in an authoritative way.

“You’re making a big mistake, Twilight Sparkle,” Bullion growled. “And there’s one more thing I need to say.” His glared hardened even more. “You're just an alicorn that only got forged into an order by the princesses that have been transforming a land from what it should be into something that's prissy, naive, and weak. We've had multiple attacks from all sorts of villains and where were the defenses?! Why couldn't they have done better as rulers? From my perspective, I chalk you as a naive, mentally unstable pony that's completely incapable of doing the work she's attempting to carry out.”

That caused an uproar among the students who were yelling at him to get out. Twilight’s friends stepped in front of him.

“Y’all are a disgrace!”

“Friendship is the most powerful thing there is!”

“Booooooooo!”

“Scram!” Mystic bellowed.

Twilight was about to speak up, but she could only remain silent as her friends and students stood their ground against this monster.

Bullion looked at his colts, motioned them to the door, and the trio stomped out of the school.

The students cheered for their headmare and it was music to Twilight’s ears. All of her friends hi-hoofed and hugged one another.

As they celebrated, Mystic approached her.

“I say that was some blunt, bold action,” Mystic smirked.

“Oh, don’t get cocky on me now,” Twilight teased, to which Mystic responded by lightly punching the alicorn on the shoulder.

“Still, that was what needed to be done,” said Mystic.

Twilight nodded. “I should’ve done it a long time ago. But now, we’re going to move forward.” She softened her look, “And I'm sorry for punishing you when you wouldn't apologize to them.” Mystic just shrugged.

“Eh, no harm done,” replied Mystic and Twilight just chuckled.

“I’m proud of you, darling!” said Rarity.

“It was time for him to take a hike!” said Rainbow.

Twilight smiled, noticing Spike’s concerned look, but she decided to speak with him later.

“I believe we’re going to hold a massive celebration for this school, and not only that, but for how much friendship means to all of us and how much it has done for Equestria,” Twilight looked to the Young Six, “And beyond.”

“It fits with the Convocation coming up!” Ocellus beamed.

“Double huge party!” Pinkie cheered, throwing confetti everywhere.

As her friends and students celebrated, Twilight teleported back into her office along with Spike to wait for a message.


A few minutes later, Twilight reappeared in the lobby with a huge grin on her face.

“I’ve even gotten approval from Celestia!” Twilight laughed, showing off the letter she’d gotten. “She says she managed to work out things behind the scenes to get this thing going!”

“What? Really?!” Spike’s eyes widened.

The students cheered again along with all of the professors.

“I wonder how she got past the congressponies on Bullion’s side,” said Spike, scratching his left cheek.

“Celestia must’ve persuaded them,” said Twilight, “After all, we have lived under harmony under her rules.”

“I’m still worried about what could happen, Twilight,” said Spike. “The rumors surrounding you, Celestia and Luna. And there’s the court!”

“We’ll be ready for whatever comes our way,” Twilight assured him. “Anyway, I have an announcement to make.” She flew above the crowd of students.

“Hey! The headmare wants to say something!” Rainbow announced in her coaching voice.

Almost right away, everycreature quieted down and looked up at their headmare.

“We have endured a lot during these past couple of weeks,” said Twilight, “And months with those ponies here in this school meant to celebrate all creatures from all over united in friendship! I will not let any of you, my friends, and I be pushed over by somepony who thinks he’s superior to the saviors and rulers of Equestria!” Twilight stated. “We can handle all that comes our way and we won’t let protesting ponies or movements against us hinder us from doing what we do best! So, everycreature, let’s get started and be the best we can be!”

Everycreature cheered as Twilight went down to the floor and embraced her friends in a group hug. Twilight looked over her friends to see a smiling Mystic and the young unicorn giving her a nod.


That night, Mystic was sitting outside and looking at the stars. She had not been able to think about sleep due to the excitement earlier that day.

I wish you could’ve seen how bold that princess was, Sunshine, Mystic thought with a sad smile.

She hadn’t looked up at the stars for a while but--

“I guessed you were out here gazing at the stars,” said a tone that sent a shiver down Mystic’s spine.

Mystic stood up and whirled around to see Hong standing a few yards away. Composing herself, Mystic straightened herself up and glared, “What’re you doing here?”

Hong gasped mockingly, “What? No hello for your Uncle? I thought you would be happier to see a personal visit.”

Mystic snorted angrily, “I wasn’t when you came with those ponies, and I won’t ever be happy to see you at any point.” Her eyes narrowed, “Ever.”

“Ouch,” Hong said in a mocking tone, faking being hurt. He smirked deviously, “Oh, Mystic. How much you’ve not changed since I saw you last.”

“I find too much change to be a hassle,” Mystic growled.

“Still strong, determined, independent? Yep, I know you when I see you,” Hong went on.

“You’re not in any place to seize me, these ponies will protect me from you,” said Mystic. “You mad blowhard idiot.”

Hong’s eyes widened as if he’d been slapped, “You better watch your mouth, little missy.”

“If you forgot, you’re not the boss of me anymore!”

“Oh, we’ll see about that.”

Mystic dryly chuckled, “Oh, please you were great once but now look at you.”

Hong growled, “You think you’re so smart huh?”

“I could scream and let them know you’re here,” replied Mystic.

Hong chuckled sinisterly, “Indeed you can but I haven’t done anything wrong in the eyes of Equestria.”

Mystic knew he had her on that one. She tried to calm her already fuming nerves “What do you want?”

“I just wanted a little chat,” replied Hong as he stood up straight, “I have been wondering what you’ve been doing since you’ve started a new life here.”

“Aside from being forced to work for labor, I think I'm doing good.”

Hong only rolled his eyes, “Oh, please Mystic. You and I both know that you’ll probably not find your way with these ponies. Whenever you made friends, things always happened to them.”

Mystic lit up her horn, “Leave them out of this.”

Hong threw up a hoof in defense, “I’m not bringing any of them into this.” He pointed at Mystic, “You are.” Mystic’s confident look wilted a little as Hong went on, “It’s when you ever come into ponies’ lives and you bring misfortune upon them.” He leaned forward again, “You can’t ever truly escape from what you are, you cannot escape your past.”

Mystic didn’t reply as the taller pony held a smug smile, knowing he was right. She didn’t dare to take her gaze off of him as he’s known to pull off things when ponies’ guards are down.

“I think you’d better take off,” she finally said, which caused him to let out a laugh.

“You haven’t been able to trust anypony, but whenever you did, as I said, you bring misfortune to them,” said Hong “How do you know if these ponies won’t turn on you as well, Mystic?” Mystic’s confidence wavered again. “Whatever path you think you’ve found, it’ll dissipate like all of your other attempts. Nothing good ever comes upon you and you know it.”

“Silence!”

Hong chuckled darkly, “You can deny all my warnings all you want, Mystic. But it won’t change anything.” He sighed, looking in the direction of the school, “They look like they could be your friends.” He smiled sinisterly again, “Just like previous friends you’ve lost. But will you soon let them end up and tell them about...” He paused, “Her?” Mystic’s eyes widened, fury built up behind them. “Were you thinking of Sunshine before I showed up?”

“Don’t you dare talk about her!” she shouted.

“Just a major mishap in your life.”

Mystic stomped up to him, “Stay the hay away from me, and these ponies here!”

“Very well, but remember what I’ve said.”

“Get out!”

She raised her hooves to shove him, and when she shoved, her hooves went right through him. Her eyes widened and she backed up immediately. She examined him for a few seconds before she realized what she was looking at.

“I should’ve known you’d send your copy out here,” she said.

“Indeed, I did, but it’s still very much me,” replied Hong. He began backing up, still smiling, “Don’t worry, the soldiers and I are far away, I just had to come to warn you. Yet, being as stubborn as you always been, you won’t listen.”

“I will prove you wrong! Mark my words!” Mystic insisted.

“No, you won’t, Mystic. No, you won’t.” He paused, “Don’t think about Sunshine too much.”

Mystic was about to shout at him, but his body began tearing up into blue magic and the magic began streaming away. She watched as the magic formed a line and headed into the night.

Will these ponies turn on her like all the others? Has she truly found a way to a better life? She rubbed her temples, deciding to head back inside. But first, she needed to let Twilight know of Hong showing up like he did.

Author's Note:

I'm sure you were waiting for Twilight to do that, huh? :) But there's still trouble among the horizon. I hope you enjoyed. :)