• Published 6th Sep 2020
  • 271 Views, 1 Comments

The Grid - Valuable Ashes



A CYOA story featuring the CMC and modern weaponry.

  • ...
 1
 271

Concluding...

In the middle of the night where the moon shone bright under the cold streets of Manehatten. Six ponies were in a stand off. Three mares and three stallions glaring on each other. One of the stallions held a pistol in his teeth while another had a baseball bat. The supposed lead stallion chuckled at their prey.

"Give me your money and maybe I'll spare you your lives" A stallion announced to the mares. However, what those three didn't know was that these three mares were not just some passerbys.

The white unicorn levitated her newly painted white and purple Colt 1011 loaded with live rounds. Beside her was an orange pegasus reaching for something under her left wing. She pulled out a pistol like the Colt and it was painted green and it's hoof grip was gray.

The Flock was a suitable choice for first timers and the orange pegasus loved the gun immediately. When the three stallions backed off a bit from the sudden showcase of guns. The lead mare called to them.

"Not so tough now, huh?" Then the stallions ran off to someplace else.

Two weeks after the incident back in the mini-store and life was back to where they first saw it. Catching ponies mugging others and shooing them off before they could do any harm. They were just about to finish patrolling and heading back home until they saw a couple sleeping on a bench across the street.

Worried that they might freeze before they could wake up, the yellow mare gestured to the others where she was going. The lead mare went up to the stallion and poked him gently. The stallion stirred but continued to sleep. She was about to do it again but was stopped when she saw a golden tarnished ring on the base of their horns.

This would've meant nothing because they did look like a couple from a distance but they found something familiar on the mare. One of her legs were bandaged up. Then they saw very similar resemblances and asked to themselves if they saw them before. Then it hit them.

The clothes that were supposed to keep them warm were torn and the couple were showing signs of severe hunger. Finally with no threats nearby, the trio could finally make out their features regardless of the night. The stallion had a red coat and white mane and the mare had a brown coat and light yellow mane. The country mare nudged the stallion and backed away when he yawned out loud.

"Hmm? Oh sorry, officer we'll be going right away" The stallion was about to wake his wife up before the orange pegasus stopped him.

The stallion's eyes widened when he finally saw her face and the others despite the darkness of the night. "Hello again. I don't think we introduced ourselves"

"Well, my name's Hook Sinker. This here is Shore Line"

"Pleasure to meet you, my name's Apple Bloom" The yellow earth pony said.

"Sweetie Belle" The white unicorn by her right joined in.

"Scootaloo" The orange pegasus said by her left.

"I suppose this is a nice reunion after the whole mess weeks ago but why did you come to us? Surely it isn't because you saw us sleeping here"

"That's actually-" Apple Bloom put up a hoof to silence Scootaloo.

"No. I've been thinking. The militia has been small for quite a while and maybe we could use some extra hooves" Apple Bloom lend out her hoof. "What do you say?"

Hook looked at the yellow hoof then to his wife. He looked back at the hoof then bumped it. The yellow earth pony nodded then proceeded to help Hook carry Shore Line back to their home base. The other two Crusaders flanked them. For the two homeless ponies, it felt as if they were finally forgiven from their misdeeds.

==[CANON ENDING]==

(See you in the sequel about three years from now, I have no clue)