• Published 6th Sep 2020
  • 271 Views, 1 Comments

The Grid - Valuable Ashes



A CYOA story featuring the CMC and modern weaponry.

  • ...
 1
 271

Bullets and Barrels...

As the two unicorns enter through the shattered window, Sweetie Belle takes a shot to one of them. The blank round hits the barrel of one causing her to fall to the floor with a yelp. While she fell, a ray of light hit Sweetie Belle's eye effectively making her blind for a short moment.

When she could see again her first sight was the unicorn stallion kneeling next to the fallen unicorn. Before Sweetie could ask herself what caused the blinding light she looked at the two unicorn's horns. A gold ring was sitting on the base of each their horn. A married couple.

The blank round was fired a few hooves away from the target, making it deadly to many. The blank struck her chest, piercing through the skin and bones. Punching through a vital organ in her body. The pony beside her wept, holding her hoof tightly before letting go.

The stallion turned his gaze from his wife to Sweetie with fire in his eyes. He raised his SMG and shot wildly around her but Sweetie fortunately ducked quickly.

Sweetie Belle fled from the metal shelf and vaulted over the counter.

The raging unicorn stepped to where she last was and saw her behind the counter. He was going in with the intent to kill her dead. Instead he saw the earth pony in a fetal position. He hefted the earth pony up to him and pointed the gun to his head.

"I know you are there. Come out before I put a bullet into his head"

In the corner of the store, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo have already finished knocking out the unicorn they were fighting and hid themselves behind his sleeping body. The angry unicorn was slowly loosing patience and held the earth pony tighter.

"You've got five seconds before I blow his brains out"

Scootaloo has a great idea to sneak behind him and Apple Bloom will take the earth pony away from the unicorn. However, the noise from Scootaloo's wings flapping will attract the unicorn's attention. Alternatively, the two Crusaders can stay still and let Sweetie get out of cover and take the shot. With the earth pony in the way of the unicorn, it can be a difficult shot.

Luckily, the distance between Sweetie and the two are far enough for the blank round to be a non lethal. It will hurt in the morning but non lethal. Then the other two can apprehend the unicorn.

"5... 4..."

With very little time to choose, the Crusader(s)...
...sneak around the unicorn.
...shoots the unicorn.