• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 6,692 Views, 96 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister: Volume 2 - GoebelTron



Chase Tucker returns and he’s going to enjoy his life with his new big sister, Sunset Shimmer!

  • ...
2
 96
 6,692

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Chase In Equestria

The next morning, after breakfast, Sunset and Chase walked over to the school and stood before the unicorn statue. “Okay, Chase, whatever happens, stay close to me,” Sunset said. Chase nodded, then they both held hands and traveled through the portal by touching it, and then suddenly they crashed through a pile of books.

After Sunset stood up, she was a unicorn with her mane the same color as her hair, and her cutie mark was the same sun symbol. “SUNSET!” a voice appeared. She saw a lavender alicorn with navy blue mane with two streaks colored pink and purple. Her cutie mark was a magenta star. “Hey, Twilight,” Sunset said, giving Twilight a hug with one foreleg over her neck.

Another pony came in, but she was a unicorn who had pale light grayish lavender fur, moderate purple curled mane with light purple and pale light grayish aquamarine streaks, modern Persian blue eyes, and a cutie mark showing a purple and white glimmering star with a aquamarine borealis. “Hey, Sunset,” she said. “If you don’t know me, I’m Starlight Glimmer.”

“Nice to meet you,” Sunset said. “Hey, where’s Chase? Chase?! Can you hear me?!”

“In here, Sunset!” Chase replied, while trapped underneath the books. Starlight used her horn and removed the books and then brought Chase out of there, but he wasn’t a human anymore. When he was revealed, he was on four legs. He was now a unicorn colt with sports gray fur, his mane was ruffled and colored moderate cerulean, dark navy blue, dark green, and pale light grayish green. He had a cutie mark of three shooting stars with green and blue sparkles.

“Chase! You’re a unicorn!” Sunset exclaimed, until she saw him crying. “So, that’s Chase?” Twilight asked. Sunset nodded, “I’ve been taking good care of him since he was found in the snow. I just didn’t know he had a hard life after I met him, so I chose to adopt him.” Twilight smiled warmly, then she went to him, sat next to him and placed her wing over him for comfort, “Chase, are you scared about your new look?” Chase nodded and then hugged the princess and he got his tears on her fur. “Shhhhhh... it’s okay, sweetie,” she said. “You’ll get used to it.”

Starlight went to him and helped him stand up, “Okay, now try walking on four legs.” Chase then slowly walked on his new legs and he finally got the balance. “Good job,” Starlight said, until Chase hugged her, then she smiled warmly and patted his back with her foreleg, “Umm... you’re welcome?”


While Sunset, Twilight, Starlight, and Chase were walking in the hallway, they began to talk about the Sorcerer’s Stone. “I should’ve known this, Sunset. But it sounds like the stone could be a dangerous threat to anyone or anypony anywhere,” Twilight said. “I could imagine if Eduardo Perez could’ve gotten his hands on it,” Sunset said. “In our world, he was a daredevil named El Macho.”

Starlight smirked, “Impressive. So, Chase. I heard you’ve encountered the stone, but what happened then?” Chase tried to remember, but he had trouble, but suddenly he felt electricity zap him. “Whoa... Did you see that? He just unleashed a spark of electricity,” Starlight said. “It must be a side effect from the stone,” Twilight said. “I just had an idea. But you might not like it, Sunset. There maybe one pony who might be able to help, but I don’t know if you two wanna see each other.”

“Who? Oh, right...” Sunset said as she realized who Twilight meant. “Who is she talking about?” Chase asked. “You’ll see,” Starlight said.


While the four ponies made it to Canterlot Castle, they walked inside and entered the throne room.

There were three alicorns sitting on the throne. One of them had light whitish gray fur with huge wings, her mane and tail were flowing and multicolored with glittering streaks of light cerulean, light turquoise, very light cobalt blue, and pale grayish pink, she had pale light grayish magenta eyes, and she had a cutie mark of a sun symbol on gold and yellow on her flank. She wore a tiara, a necklace and golden shoes over her front hooves. Her name was Princess Celestia.

The second had dark blue fur, her blue flowing mane and tail glimmered like the night sky, she had cyan eyes with sapphire blue eyeshadow, and she had a black crown with a black glittery necklace with a crescent moon and she had bluish silver glitter shoes on her front hooves. She had a cutie mark was a black splotched cloud with a crescent moon on her flank. Her name was Princess Luna.

The third one had pale light grayish pink fur with wings that had a tip of purple, she had a straight curly mane and tail colored with a striped mix of violet, moderate rose and pale gold, she had light purple eyes, and she had a cutie mark of a teal crystal heart with gold laces. She also had a gold crown shaped like a fleur de lis, and she wore a necklace and gold shoes on her front hooves. Her name was Princess Cadence.

Chase hid behind Starlight when she turned herself another direction, and Sunset bowed her head looking at Princess Celestia with nervousness.

“So, Princess Celestia,” Twilight said, laughing nervously. “You’ll never guess who’s back! Actually, maybe you can guess because she’s right here!” She leaned over to Sunset’s ear, “Go ahead. Talk to her.” Sunset nodded and then she stepped forward. Starlight wrapped her foreleg around Chase as he hugged her neck, “It’s okay.”

Sunset looked at Princess Celestia and then spoke, “Princess Celestia, the last time we saw each other, the very last time, I was your snide little pupil who both betrayed and abandoned you for no reason. But what I mean to say is that I’ve come before you as a changed pony, humbly asking for forgiveness, guidance and knowledge. But not just for me, but also for my little brother.” She pointed her hoof at Chase. Princesses Luna and Cadence were concerned about the little one.

Princess Celestia stood up and walked over to Sunset, then Sunset cowered, “Or I can just go and you can never see me again, if that’s what you want.” Princess Celestia placed her hoof under her chin and gave her a stern look, then made a warm smile, “I’ve missed you, Sunset Shimmer.”

“I...I’m so sorry,” Sunset said, as she hugged her mentor. Chase had tears in his eyes and went to Sunset. “Princess Celestia, Luna and Cadence, I’d like you to meet my brother, Chase Tucker.” Princess Celestia saw how nervous he was, then placed her hoof over his head and comforted him, “There’s no need to be afraid, little one. I will not hurt you.” Chase then went to the princess and hugged her foreleg, until she rubbed his back, “Perhaps it is time you knew the truth about your sister. You didn’t know this, Chase... but Sunset Shimmer was a former student of mine.” Chase looked towards Sunset, who looked to the floor in shame.

“It was long before she became who she is today. Long before you two even met,” Princess Celestia said. “Back then, Sunset Shimmer used to live here in this world’s version of Canterlot. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path. One that has sadly led to her... stealing Twilight’s crown.”

Chase was shocked, until Twilight continued, “Until then, I went to your world to get my crown back, and after me and my friends from your world defeated her, we forgave your sister and decided to teach her the true meaning of friendship, and so far, she’s been getting along really well. But do you think you could tell us about your past and how you met Sunset and why she adopted you?”

Chase began to have tears in his eyes, then Sunset decided to speak as she comforted Chase, “Well, it all started before he was 4. He lived with his parents in a nice suburban neighborhood. His mother was a nurse and his father was a lawyer. But one family member hated him. It was his aunt, Estella Tucker. After she was thrown out from coming to visit, she killed them in a car crash, then abused Chase with slavery, violence, and aggressive attitude, but then he ran away. And on a calm and snowy night, before the last week of February, I found Chase in the alley and took him home with me, and then I introduced him to the people I got along with and I’ve been taking good care of him since Estella’s been sentenced to life in the asylum. And he’s been happy living with me.” Chase smiled and hugged his sister’s foreleg, then she hugged him back. Twilight and Starlight had tears in their eyes because they were surprised that he had a rough life.


“Although this power seems mysterious, I am not familiar with the way the stone bonded with your brother,” Princess Celestia said. “Hmm, indeed,” Princess Luna replied. “The phenomenal cosmic powers of the Sorcerer’s Stone could perhaps lead to an unimaginable catalyst if left unchecked.”

Chase didn’t like to hear that, but he looked at the guards that were giving him angry looks, causing him to feel uncomfortable, but suddenly Cadence flipped her wing over him for comfort, “Don’t worry, sweetie. They’re just doing their job.” Chase nodded and then walked with her.

“So, Chase. Is it true your aunt hurt you?” Princess Celestia asked. “Mmhmm, she hated me,” Chase said. “I didn’t want to live with her.” Starlight suddenly felt sorry for him, so did Twilight. “I also feel a huge surge of love inside you,” Princess Cadence said. “It’s from how much your parents cared for you, and how much your friends and family, including your sister loves you. The stone gave you a powerful protection spell inside you. That spell... is your love for everyone you care.” Chase suddenly hugged the princess.

“The answers that you seek are in the Canterlot library,” Princess Celestia said.


When they all arrived at the library, they saw a lot of ponies picking out some books and others reading them. “Wow, there’s over a billion books in here,” Sunset said. “I know, right?!” Twilight excitedly asked. “But don’t worry. You’re looking at somepony who knows this place like the back of her hoof.” She suddenly saw Princess Celestia going towards a couple of bookshelves, “Where are you going, Princess Celestia?”

“To the restricted section,” Princess Celestia replied. “There might be something that can help,” Princess Cadence said. Twilight suddenly got confused, “Wait, there’s a... a reh... a reh... a reh... a RESTRICTED SECTION?!”

“Breathe, Twilight,” Sunset said, until Chase laughed a little. Suddenly, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna each took their books and lowered them like levers and the bookshelf revealed a secret entrance to the restricted section underneath the library.

“Wow...” Chase said. Twilight made a huge gasp, “Oh my gosh! So many books all unread! Ancient historical artifacts! I just... I thought...! I can’t...! THIS IS AMAZING?!”

“Are you sure you and Starlight are up for helping me go through all of this stuff? It’s a bit much if you ask me,” Sunset asked. Twilight suddenly started to freak out and squished Sunset’s cheeks, “Don’t take this away from me!” Chase laughed out loud. “I should warn you, however,” Princess Celestia said. “Most of these archives may not have the information you seek, but try your best.” Sunset and Twilight both nodded. “Guess we’ll have to read everything!” Twilight said as she flew to a section upstairs and surfed for a few books. “Let’s see... No way! Can you actually believe they have Canterlot Cantabiles Volume 31? I’ve been wanting to read this my whole life! Sunset, that’s where it gets goooooooood! Over here! An original Windigo Weather Warning from the pre-Equestrian era! Ahem! Sorry. Just got carried away. Now you and Starlight see what you can find.” Sunset and Starlight nodded, then they search the shelves in the restricted section for answers.

Few hours later, they found nothing. Chase napped on Starlight‘s back while she kept looking for answers.

Sunset then got exhausted, “Did you know that Chancellor Puddinghead tried to pass a law mandating Earth ponies drink carrot juice at every meal? I do. Know that. Now.”

Twilight smiled warmly at her, “Awww. Sounds like you got to read all the fun books.”

“Well, not just me,” Sunset said, pointing her hoof at Chase. “We should probably take a break from looking...” Twilight said, when Sunset sighed with relief, “because I found something that can help!” She placed a huge brown leather book with gold printing on the back and front covers. Chase and Starlight went over to look. “I don’t suppose you’re familiar with ancient pre-Equestrian artifacts?”

“Well, obviously. Why?” Sunset asked, until Twilight flipped the pages in the book, “Well, these pages date back before the founding of Equestria. Which means that if I find the right page that could...” She suddenly gasped. “The Sorcerer’s Stone,” they said in unison. “It says here that it belonged to a heroic wizard who used the stone to vanquish any evil. With the Sorcerer’s Stone, the wizard could use its power to restore balance, but others wanted it for darkness. Starswirl the Bearded knew the stone couldn’t fall into the wrong hands, so they had no choice but to either send the stone to a safe location or just destroy it. But during a big battle, the wizard gave his life to send the stone away by destroying himself. After that, the stone was gone for good.”

“What happened then?” Chase asked. “I don’t know, sweetie,” Twilight said, until she found a couple of missing pages. “But somehow it looks like the stone must’ve landed in your world. But here’s the worst thing: if the stone is destroyed, then something unknown will happen, either bad or good.”


“Chase and I should be getting back to our world,” Sunset said. “Maybe I can convince my friends that I have a solution, now that I have what I’m looking for.”

Twilight nodded, “The Sorcerer’s Stone. And Chase, I want you to have this. It’s a guidebook to Equestria. It’ll help discover the secret history to our world. Good luck, and try to control your powers.” Chase nodded and gave Twilight a hug, “Aww, aren’t you sweet?” Twilight giggled. “I guess it’s worth a try, if that’s even possible,” Sunset said. “Oh, it’s possible,” Twilight said. “Even though I would have to come back here anytime I want and help reorganize the whole library by subject. Or maybe chronologically! But until then, I’ll figure it out, and I’ll take this book with me and a few more back to my castle and look over as soon as I can. I promise.”

“Thank you. Both of you,” Sunset said. “This means so much to me.”

“This is quite a contrast from the last time we parted ways,” Princess Celestia said. “But you are not that way anymore. With every choice you make, you prove yourself to have a kind heart.”

“Well, I guess I had a good teacher,” Sunset said. “But since I knew how much Chase loved his parents, I wanted to prove myself that I could perhaps show that same love and care he deserves, until I decided to give him a new home and raise him as a brother.” Chase went over and nuzzled his cheek with her chest fur, until Sunset hugged him back, then gave him a kiss on the cheek. “You were also a good student, and a good friend,” Twilight said.

“Are you saying I wasn’t a good teacher?” Princess Celestia angrily asked.

“Oh, no! I wasn’t...! I mean, what I meant...!” Sunset rabbled. “She didn’t say that!” Twilight said, until Princess Celestia started to laugh, then Sunset, Chase, Starlight and Twilight joined in.


Sunset and Chase said goodbye to Twilight and were about to cross the portal, but suddenly they heard a voice, “What's it like back there?” It was Starlight Glimmer.

“It's pretty different. And not so different at the same time. It's kinda hard to explain,” Sunset said. “Heh. Guess you kinda have to go there to really get it, huh?” Starlight asked, until she thought of something. “I, uh, don't suppose...” Sunset realized what she meant, “You really think Princess Twilight would be okay with that? I mean, Chase is pretty shy around new people.”

“I don't know for sure that she wouldn't be okay with it,” Starlight said. “That's not a particularly compelling argument,” Sunset said. “I know,” Starlight said. “But she wants me to learn as much as I can about friendship. And I'm not learning a whole lot just hanging out here in her castle. It’s really boring.”

“Well, I haven't ever seen you in that world,” Sunset said. “Neither had Chase. So chances are you aren't gonna run into yourself.”

“Well, that’s something you don't hear everyday,” Starlight said. “So, just lay low. Don't draw too much attention to your—“ Sunset was cut off by Starlight. “You'll barely even notice I'm there!” she scoffed. “Introducing you to my friends could be a nice distraction,” Sunset said. “And maybe you can meet my friends, too!” Chase exclaimed. Starlight nodded. “But you'll also totally notice I'm there, and it will keep your mind off of other things that might be bothering you, and I can help foalsit Chase. So? What do you think? Can I go back with you two?!” Starlight asked making a cute face. “Hmmm...” Sunset said, thinking for a moment, until Chase made the puppy eyes. Sunset made a smirk when she had an idea.


When they went through the portal, Starlight’s vision was blurry until she saw a pair of hands, “What happened?” Sunset went to her and helped her up, “It's all pretty weird at first, but try to roll with it.” Starlight stood up, and she was a human.

She had her normal colors, but her hair was still curly and straight, and covered with a pink beanie with white stars. She also had a turquoise t-shirt with dark pink crest and rings under a dark grey hooded vest, grey torn jeans, a watch on her wrist, and dark gray boots with pink shoelaces and black soles. She wiggled her fingers, “Are these?”

“Hands,” Sunset replied. Starlight raised her leg up and wiggled her foot, “And what happened to the rest of my hoo—“ Sunset cut her off, “Feet! Those are feet. Remember the whole thing where I said you need to lay low? Now would be a good time to play it cool, and maybe Chase can help you walk like we do.” Chase nodded. “Oh. Right. Heh. Play it cool. Heh-heh,” Starlight said, as Chase helped her walk, then she got the hang of it, “You did say I'd make a good distraction.” Sunset rolled her eyes, then Chase kept Starlight in balance. Starlight suddenly walked with Sunset and Chase to their apartment.

Author's Note:

And like I said, Starlight Glimmer is here in the Equestria Girls universe and she’s about to learn about humans. :pinkiegasp:

PreviousChapters Next