• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 6,691 Views, 96 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister: Volume 2 - GoebelTron



Chase Tucker returns and he’s going to enjoy his life with his new big sister, Sunset Shimmer!

  • ...
2
 96
 6,691

Chapters Next
Chapter 1: Arriving to Camp Everfree

It was the beginning of the first school week of June and it was almost time for summer vacation, meaning no more classes and no more exams.

Chase was in his bed struggling and grasping his pillow, until he woke up in a cold sweat. He got up and went to Sunset’s room, “Sunset? I had a bad dream.” He went inside to see if she was there, “Sunset?” When he uncovered his bed, Sunset wasn’t there. He then walked downstairs and saw the girls leaving for the trip, until they looked at Chase with disgusted faces. “Oh, it’s you,” Twilight said. “Why are you still here? Shouldn’t you be with your aunt?” Rainbow Dash asked. Chase backed up and had tears in his eyes, “What’s happening? Why’re you being so mean?”

“Because you’re a mean meanie pants and nobody loves you!” Pinkie Pie said. “If only he was left in the snow to perish,” Rarity said. “Otherwise, I’d make him into a skin coat!”

“No! No! Stop it!” Chase said shaking in fear as he began to run, but the girls began to grow and the sky turned red. “You little varmint! You lied to us! We thought you were our friend!” Applejack said. “You should be ashamed of yourself!” Fluttershy said, until Chase starting sobbing, “I’m not a mean person! Please stop!”

“Why don’t you cry to your mommy?! Boo-hoo-hoo!” Fluttershy said angrily, then the girls left for the trip, but Sunset looked down at him one more time, “You were never my brother. I never should’ve adopted you. You mean nothing to me.” She raised her foot over him and was about to squash him like a bug, “SUNSET, NO! NOOOOOOO!”

“CHASE, WAKE UP!”

Chase, who was wearing a pale green camping shirt with aqua green sleeves and a blue crest, brown cargo shorts, a pale green and dark royal blue camping hat, and his Skechers, woke up in a cold sweat, then began to cry in the bus until he remembered being on a bus going to a camp, and found out he was laying on someone’s lap, and saw a orangish yellow hand comforting him. It was Sunset, his sister, “Chase, it’s okay. It’s over.” She was wearing a white and magenta camping shirt, dark gray shorts, black hiking boots with red shoelaces, tan soles, and maroon tube socks. She pulled him in for a comforting hug. “Did you have a bad dream?” Sunset asked, Chase nodded and comforted himself towards Sunset’s waist and buried his head on her belly, “Chase, do you want to tell me about your dream?”

“I was a-alone in m-m-my room *sniff* a-and you all were being m-m-mean to me. *sniff* You left without me *sniff* *sob* and you w-w-were about to s-s-sq-squish me and c-c-c-called me n-nothing! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!” Chase asked, until he began to cry. “Chase, it’s okay. It was just a bad dream. I’ll never hurt you,” Sunset said, as Chase smiled warmly and gave her belly a hug, then she leaned forward and gently gave him a small kiss. “Hate to say it, Sunset, but you are such a softie on the inside,” Rainbow Dash said, and she was wearing a red and white camping shirt, blue carpenter cropped pants, her rainbow colored wristbands, red lightning sneakers, and white tube socks with rainbow stripes. “Yep. I just wanna make sure he’s taken care of,” Sunset said. Rainbow Dash nodded. “Chase, we’re not there yet, but we will be soon. You can go back to sleep,” Sunset said.

“Is everything alright, darling?” Rarity asked, wearing a light blue fancy camping shirt, purple fancy camping shorts with three white diamonds, light blue tube socks with two pink diamonds and white hiking boots with purple straps and blue diamond buckles and light blue soles.

Sunset nodded and then saw Chase crying and sleeping on her lap, then Rarity came over and sat next to Sunset and poked Chase, “Will you be okay, dear?” Chase nodded and then went back to sleep until tears started to leak from his eyes, so Sunset stroked the back of his hair and rubbed his shoulders. “I heard Chase had a rough night sleeping. Poor thing,” she said.

“I never seen him so scared like this before,” Sunset said. “He must be very tired,” Fluttershy said, and she wore a white sleeveless turquoise ringed camping shirt with a teal camping skirt with lime green linen ring, white fashionable tube socks and pink sneakers.

Pinkie Pie wore a pink and white camping shirt with sky blue shorts with three balloons, pink ringed white tube socks, and dark pale blue hiking boots with purple shoelaces and dark pink soles.

Applejack wore a white green ringed and collared camping shirt with blue cowgirl skirt style shorts and cowgirl camping boots with three apples.

Twilight wore a sky blue collared camping shirt with a dark blue collar and 2 sleeve rings, purple star spangled shorts, white tube socks with magenta stripes and purple sneakers with her star symbol on each side.

“Yeah, he probably needs to rest for the rest of the day,” Twilight said. “But where is he gonna sleep?” Rainbow Dash asked. “We’ll have assigned cabins,” Sunset said. The girls made agreeable comments and then Chase started squirming, but Rarity softly stroked his hands and Sunset shushed him, “Awww... the poor baby really needs some beauty sleep.” She kissed her fingertips and tapped the kiss on his cheek, then the girls left him alone and let him rest.


While the bus ride was taking 2 hours to get to Camp Everfree, the students chatted and some of them fell asleep. Meanwhile, Chase was starting to sleep peacefully this time after a nice comfort from Sunset. After a few minutes of boredom, Sunset fell asleep with him but leaned her head on the window, until the bus finally made it to Camp Everfree. The bus parked at the spot where the campfire and dining hall were, then the students and staff got off and unloaded their stuff from the trunk. Sunset then looked down at Chase sleeping on her lap, then gently poked his shoulder, “Chase, wake up. We’re here.” Chase then yawned and rubbed his eyes, until Sunset spoke up softly, “Chase, look where we are.” Chase then peeked through the window and saw a view of Camp Everfree.

“Come on, let’s catch up with the others,” Sunset said as she and Chase went to catch up with the other students. Applejack and Rainbow Dash got their luggage, and Sunset got hers and Chase’s stuff, then the rest of the students met up with Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna. Principal Celestia wore a purple camping shirt with a skirt, a tan bandanna on her neck, an orange scout slash with patches, tan tube socks, and dark pale purple hiking boots with black soles, tan shoelaces and belt straps. Vice-Principal Luna wore a purple colored shirt with white sleeve rings, a purple and white camping hat, a magenta bandanna, navy blue star shorts, blue hiking boots with purple shoelaces and soles, and magenta tube socks.

Suddenly, two camp staff appeared to introduce themselves. One of them was a girl no older than Sunset, and she had pale maroon skin with freckles on her cheeks, green eyes, and maroon streaked hair a flower crown. She wore a yellow and green skirted shirt, teal shorts, and brown sandal strapped shoes with daisies. Her name was Gloriosa Daisy.

The other was a boy younger than Shining Armor, and he had pale reddish brown skin, green eyes, and pine green hair. He wore a red camping shirt with white stripes on the crest and sleeves, army green cargo shorts, brown leather wristbands, a black beanie hat, white tube socks and brown hiking boots with green shoelaces and dark brown soles. His name was Timber Spruce.

“Hello, campers! Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, good to see you again! Welcome back to Camp Everfree,” Gloriosa said. “If any of you are new, my name is Gloriosa Daisy. And this is my brother, Timber Spruce. We’re going to be your counselors for this trip and this time, nothing that happened last time will occur again.”

“Now, for the activities here, there will be boating, fishing, rock climbing, hiking, nature walk, arts and crafts, cooking, swimming, archery, and campfire tales and s’mores,” Timber said. “If there are accidents or if someone is hurt, call for us and we’ll come help you.”

“When we get to the cabin over there, you will pick a room and share a room with each other. And yes, you’re allowed to have a slumber party,” Gloriosa said. “Now, follow us and you’ll pick a room.”

The students and principals followed the counselors to the cabin. When they got there, all the students chose their rooms and set up their beds, but Chase was alone in the living room, until he felt a pink hand with glossy fingernails stroke his face. He looked up and saw Cadence, who was wearing a cerulean blue collared camping skirted shirt, a teal bandana, grey tube socks, dark blue hiking boots with black and dark cerulean blue shoelaces. Her belly was also a little bulged up. “CADY!” Chase exclaimed, as he ran over to her and hugged her waist. “It’s good to see you, munchkin,” she said. “Were you looking for Sunset?” Chase nodded at hugged her again, until Cadence held him in her arms and took him to his room, while there were a couple of students nearly done setting up their beds. She saw Sunset and placed Chase on the floor.

She was planning to bunk with Twilight on top, until she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, then turned around and saw Chase before she lifted him up and held him in her arms for a hug. After she put him down, she continued to finish setting up her bed, until Rarity came over to him and helped him unpack his clothes and then placed them in the dresser.

“Sunset, where am I sleeping?” Chase asked. “You’re sleeping with me, little brother, in this bed right here,” Sunset said. Chase jumped happily, until Rarity calmed him down, “Relax, darling. You have all the time in the world to sleep with your sister.”

“You may have an point there, Rarity,” Sunset said, until Rarity kneeled down to Chase, “Darling, I know you want to play with your sister, but it’s going to be busy this week,” Chase nodded and then the students were called to come to the dining hall for lunch.


When they got inside the dining hall, there were students eating their lunches. There was sloppy joes for lunch, assorted sandwiches, a salad bar, and a fruit stand. Chase didn’t know what to have, so Sunset asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in white bread for him.

After she and Chase sat down with the girls, they ate lunch together. Suddenly, Cadence and Shining Armor came to their table with good news. “Good to see you all,” Shining Armor said. “Especially you, Twily.”

“If you’re wondering what’s going on, it’s because we have good news for you all,” Cadence said. “You see, it’s been a year since our marriage and we just found out something amazing.” Shining Armor concluded the sentence, “What we’re saying is... we’re going to have a baby.” The girls gasped and then squealed in excitement and congratulated them both, but Chase was sadly confused.

Cadence went over to him and comforted him, “Chase, you’re part of the family now, too. Besides, you’re gonna be a cousin.” Chase then began to smile and gave his babysitter a hug, “Plus, I’m also here to babysit you, sweetie. Just in case if you feel lonely or if Sunset’s busy. She also told me about your nightmare on the bus today. I’m sorry about that, sweetheart. But I’m glad you’re okay.” Chase then leaned himself on her chest.

“Cadence, I have to report back to the station. Can you carry on without me for the rest of the trip?” Shining Armor asked. “Mmhmm. I’ll take care of the baby, too,” she replied, then they both kissed each other on the lips and Cadence watched her husband leave to do his job and then worked on hers: watching over the students and babysitting Sunset’s brother/her step-nephew.


After lunch, it was time to do some activities, but they have to be sorted into groups. Chase wanted to do activities with Sunset, and his wish came true because he was picked into her group, and she had a couple of other students in her group, including Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight. The second that had Rainbow Dash was lead by Timber and the third that had Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy was lead by Gloriosa. Dean Cadence was in charge of babysitting Chase and both Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna supervised the groups.

Suddenly, Gloriosa saw Chase with Sunset and went towards her, “Aww, who’s this? And does this cute little guy have a name?” Sunset nodded, “Sorry about this, Gloriosa. This is my brother, Chase Tucker. Chase, this is Gloriosa Daisy and Timber Spruce, the counselors of this camp.” Chase waved nervously, “Hi.”

Timber kneeled down and ruffled Chase’s hair softly and Gloriosa kneeled down and shook Chase’s hand, “It’s nice to meet you, sweetheart. If you want, you can try our activities anytime you want. It’s your choice, but we’re just giving you a chance to have fun.” Chase nodded and then hugged Gloriosa.


Sunset’s group was at wall climbing and ropes course. Until they got harnesses on, Sunset took Chase over to the three principals and asked them to watch over Chase while she participates. The three principals sat on a bench, then Cadence sat Chase down on her lap and she held him in an embrace. “Chase, I hope you’re enjoying time with your sister,” she said. Chase nodded and then tears fell out of his eyes, then Cadence wiped his tears with her thumb and gave him a kiss on the forehead, then rested her chin on top of his head.

“Chase, your sister’s about to do the zip line!” Cadence said and she stood Chase up to let him watch, until Sunset finally went through the zip line and saw Chase cheering for her. Meanwhile, Rarity and Twilight were wall climbing with Applejack helping with their harnesses. After they were done, Sunset went over to Chase and hugged him, then he saw Rarity walk over with a harness she made for him. It was the size of his waist and it had shoulder buckle straps around it. Chase squealed excitedly and gave Rarity a hug around her waist.

After Sunset helped him put it on, he went over to Applejack and she saw him walk over, “Howdy there, little feller. You here to do wall climbing?” Chase nodded, then Applejack clipped the hook on his harness and locked it in place, then Chase went over to the rock wall and started to climb. While he kept climbing, he took a couple of breaths but he suddenly looked down, then he closed his eyes and kept climbing. “CHASE! IT’S OKAY! JUST DON’T LOOK DOWN!” Sunset hollered. “IF YOU WANNA COME DOWN, JUST TUG THE ROPE GENTLY AND I’LL SLOWLY PULL YOU DOWN, OKAY!?” Applejack said, until Chase nodded, then continued climbing until he reached the top, but he suddenly slipped and started to panic, “SOMEBODY! HELP!” Applejack suddenly heard his scream, “HANG ON, SUGARCUBE! I’LL GET YA DOWN IN A JIFFY! JUST HOLD ON!” She then started to slowly pull the rope downward to let Chase climb down, then she went over to him and held him in her arms, then unclipped his harness, wrapped him in an embrace and rubbed his back, “You alright?” Chase nodded and then wrapped his arms around her shoulders and leaned his head on the side of her neck, then Sunset came over and held Chase in her arms and then gave him a soothing hug, “Shhhhhh... It’s okay, Chase. I’m here. I’m here.”

Later on, Rainbow Dash took Chase on a paddle boat and they rode all the way around the lake, then they came back to the pier to dock their boat. Rainbow Dash helped Chase get off, then she received a hug from him, “You’re welcome, bud.”

Next, Pinkie Pie and Chase made some sugar cookies with pink frosting and rainbow sprinkles on it, and finally Fluttershy took Chase for a nature walk around the forest.


After the activities were done, and a nice dinner, the campers headed to the campfire for stories, s’mores, and stargazing.

Chase asked Sunset if she could help him roast his marshmallow and make him a s’more. Sunset then nodded and roasted his marshmallow, along with hers. After they were nice and toasty for a couple seconds, Sunset grabbed some chocolate and graham crackers, then set them up into two layers, but one part of each cracker had chocolate on the top, and then she set the marshmallows on the chocolate and crackers. After they were made, Chase and Sunset ate their s’mores, which Chase started to enjoy. Sunset then found out it was story time, so Chase went with her and sat on her lap as she held him with her hands on his shoulders.

“Okay, you guys,” Rainbow Dash said. “Now, gather around because I have a terrifying tale to tell. This one might scare you a little, Chase. But if you don’t want to listen, that’s fine. Okay, let’s see... Oh, here’s a good one.”

She cleared her throat and then began her story, “So every night, during the light of the full moon, when the woods get extremely foggy and when no living soul comes out, something drastic happens for people who visit the woods. Every night, they hear screaming of some kind of wailing soul.” Chase started shaking nervously, then Sunset comforted him by pressing him on her torso and hugging him softly, then Rainbow Dash continued, “And when people see this mysterious figure, it starts to haunt your soul like a nightmare in your head that never stops. But when it gets closer, it reveals itself with slashing claws, tendrils, big fangs, and creepy eyes. It’s no other than the... GHOST OF THE EVERFREE!” The students started screaming, including Chase, then Sunset shushed him as he started crying. “Sorry, buddy. I was messing around,” Rainbow Dash said. “I think we all need to go to bed,” Gloriosa said as the students went back to their cabins to turn in for the night.


After Sunset finished her shower and changed into her pajamas, she gave Chase his bedtime bath and helped him change into his pajamas by doing his zipper, and they both brushed their teeth. Then they went to their bunk bed and Sunset cradled Chase and they cuddled for a little while.

“Sunset, I’m scared. The ghost’s gonna get me,” Chase said. “No, sweetie. The ghost’s isn’t gonna get you. There’s no such thing as a ghost of Everfree. It’s just a urban legend. You know, a fairytale,” Sunset said. “Really?” Chase asked. “Mmhmm. Plus, I’ll be here with you all night long, but if you promise to go to sleep,” Sunset said. “Okay,” Chase said, after making a big soft yawn, then Sunset blew on his belly and caused Chase to giggle.

Chase tried to escape, but Sunset caught him with her feet and gave him foot tickles, then suddenly, Gloriosa came in, “Okay, lights out, everyone. We’ll see you in the morning. Tomorrow, you can do whatever activities you want to do. Plus, you can do anything you want for the rest of the trip.” The students then went to sleep, except Chase who was still scared from the ghost story. Sunset then stroked his shoulder and then laid him down next to her, then he hugged his teddy bear and Sunset’s arm. Sunset brought Chase closer to her and wrapped him in an embrace for the entire night. “Chase, don’t be scared. It’s no more than a bad dream,” Sunset said, then she kissed his forehead and covered herself with the blanket and then they both went to sleep.

Gloriosa checked on them and saw Sunset comforting Chase in her sleep, then smiled warmly and left the room quietly.

Author's Note:

Well, there was part 1 of his first camping trip with his family. Find out what happens next in chapter 2!

Chapters Next