• Published 21st May 2020
  • 1,309 Views, 84 Comments

Side of Beans - Irrespective



A collection of side stories, deleted scenes, and all the other bits and baubles that are too short for a story/chapter proper. Bite sized servings for your enjoyment.

  • ...
3
 84
 1,309

Side Story - A Glimpse Into The Future

Author's Note:

A little glimpse into Bean and Celestia's future.

Or, at least what Mythic Night thinks could happen. :twilightsmile:

A Glimpse of the Future
By: Mythic Night

It was morning in Canterlot, and the royal family was sitting around their dining table, eating breakfast together. Bean smiled as he gazed upon his family, with his beautiful wife helping their youngest with their food, while Banana Split minded the other two. Little Nilla was having a lively conversation with Banana about the dreams she’d had the night before, and her nanny listened intently. Bean’s gaze upon this domestic bliss was broken when he heard the door open, and he turned to see who had invited themselves into the dining room.

Raven nodded to him as she trotted in, bringing the daily newspaper and, curiously enough, a tabloid magazine. “Good morning, your highnesses,” she greeted them as she placed the two items on the table next to Bean.
“Good morning, Raven,” Bean replied. “What brings you by so early?”

Raven smirked and told him, “Well, I saw this magazine last night while I was out shopping, and I thought you and the princess might get a kick out of it. I’ll be back later to talk about your schedule for today.” With that, she turned around and trotted out the door, closing it behind her.

Curious, Bean picked up the magazine, and his brow furrowed as he saw the headline. Royal Marriage in Trouble? the magazine asked, and curious, Bean opened it to read the article. It didn’t take him long at all to find out the reason they thought he and Celestia were having marriage problems, and he began to chortle.

Celestia turned to look at him curiously. “Bean? What’s so funny?” she wondered. Wordlessly, he hoofed over the magazine for her to read. She cocked an eyebrow at him, then turned her gaze to the article. It wasn’t long before she discovered just what it was he saw, and she was incredulous. “Really? Really…?” Her reaction caused Bean’s chortles to grow into full belly laughs.

“What is it?” Banana Split asked.

Celestia snorted and rolled her eyes. “The author of this article believes that Bean and I are experiencing relationship issues because I’m not currently pregnant.” She shook her head at the sheer insanity of it all. “I bore three foals in five years, and now that we’re currently content with the size of our family, suddenly ponies think that our relationship is on the rocks simply because I’m not waddling about the castle.”

“That’s ridiculous,” the nanny declared.

“It sure is,” Celestia agreed. “Our marriage is doing just fine, isn’t it, Bean?”

Bean smiled and nodded. “Absolutely fine.” He raised his muzzle to meet hers for a tender kiss. “Even if it began with a nose boop,” he whispered, the two booping noses once more with a chuckle.