• Published 21st May 2020
  • 1,309 Views, 84 Comments

Side of Beans - Irrespective



A collection of side stories, deleted scenes, and all the other bits and baubles that are too short for a story/chapter proper. Bite sized servings for your enjoyment.

  • ...
3
 84
 1,309

Piracy is Magic

Author's Note:

My Little Pony: Piracy is Magic

This is an idea for a story I had a few years ago but never got aroud to writing. Maybe I will someday, who knows.

Anyway, the gist of the story is that Twilight takes command of the R.E.S. Friendship, and is tasked with bringing the infamous pirate Nightmare Moon to justice, and to seize her ship, the Endless Night. But first, she and her mötley crüe must sail to five locations to retrieve artifacts of power (Elements), scattered by the Princess Celestia to prevent their capture by NMM.

Spike - Cabin Boy

Pinkie - cook

Rarity - seamstress / sail repairs

Applejack - main gunner, former first mate

Rainbow - helm

Fluttershy - lookout / navigator “um, I think we need to head three degrees west. If that's okay with you, that is.”

Various Ponyville citizens would round out the crew.

“That’s it?” Twilight blinked several times, dumbfounded by the sight of the wreck before her. “That’s the RES Friendship?

“Now, ah know what yer thinkin’,” Applejack replied with a nervous chuckle, “but it ain’t as bad as it looks. Ah’ll admit that the Friendship hasn’t been seaworthy for several years now, but with a lick of paint and some patches on the sails, she’d be the finest frigate on the high seas.”

That statement was hard to take seriously, and Twilight’s face showed her disbelief. “Really? That’s all?”

Applejack cleared her throat. “Well, strictly speaking, the sails should just be replaced, obviously. Tain’t much more than threads up there at the moment. And ah’ve been meaning to patch that hole, but them durn pirates took everything not nailed down and Ah ain’t had the money for the timber. And Ah’m sure that list to port could be straightened out, somehow.”

“What about the mizzenmast?” Twilight asked.

“What about it?”

“It’s not even there!” Twilight gestured to the blank spot on the ship’s aft deck.

“Oh, that. Ah’ve always said a good ship doesn’t need it. Slows you down and adds extra weight, right?”

Twilight rubbed the sides of her head with her hooves. “This isn’t a ship. This is a pile of lumber, held together with some rope and a barrel of wishful thinking.”

“Ah’ll have you know that the Friendship is one of the finest ships in Celestia’s fleet!” Applejack stomped a hoof on the dock. “She is the only ship to have survived an encounter with the Endless Night, after all.”