• Published 21st May 2020
  • 1,314 Views, 84 Comments

Side of Beans - Irrespective



A collection of side stories, deleted scenes, and all the other bits and baubles that are too short for a story/chapter proper. Bite sized servings for your enjoyment.

  • ...
3
 84
 1,314

This Nose Knows Deleted Scene - The Questioning Bean

Author's Note:

This little blurb was, at one time, the way I was going to show how Blueblood had messed with Bean's head just before Tirek's attack. It got cut for being too melodramatic and because the rhymes at the end stink.

Bean slunk back, then made a somewhat hasty retreat while his beloved gave her most faithful student a reassuring hug. Now was clearly not the time for him to burden his wife with his own mixed feelings, it was readily apparent that Twilight needed the reassurance more than he did.

It was an odd notion to him that she would question her place and purpose. To him, her role was clear, and her pathway was bright: she was to bring the magic of friendship to all whom she encountered. Perhaps that meant that, at times, she was required to no more than smile and wave, but how often had a friend been bolstered by such a simple act?

He took a slow breath in as he walked away, and the weight of inadequacy began to crush his own wounded heart. While Twilight Sparkle would find her true purpose and destiny in short order, his pathway was the one that was dim and unclear. What was his role? What purpose did he serve? Was he really no more than a base satisfaction?

He continued to muse while he retreated further in, but no answers came to his troubled mind. If anything, he was only growing more confused with each passing thought.

“You’ll play your part,”
State the princesses three,

To the one who, like them,
Is vital, and key.

Indeed, they have set
The stage, and the scene

But what of my part?
Is it meant to be seen?

The Sun rises true
The Moon, in soft rays

Speaks of Love, and the Magic
Shall soon know the world’s praise

But what of the Prince?
He was a mistake

And his role, it would seem
Simply does not equate.