• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,780 Views, 178 Comments

Flurry Heart - Buttery Biscuit



Cadence is stressed out, she has an alicorn baby to raise. Just when she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she is called upon to solve a problem of love. Discord and Sombra's love problem.

  • ...
2
 178
 1,780

Freeze Tag

They say things get worse before they get better, they were right. While Flurry didn't seem to put herself in danger again, she was still casting spells. Mostly fire and teleporting, she teleported into the ether all the time. Requiring Cadence, Shining, Discord, and Sombra to keep a stronger eye on her, not that they didn’t previously. Previously Flurry was fine, she just created small fires here and there. While she teleported into the ether, she usually did around the same time every day. Something they handled just fine, so fine that it was easy. Now Discord and Sombra had to tighten their security around Flurry ever since she exploded all the windows in the throne room. For the first time ever he and Sombra had gotten a taste of the kind of power Flurry could display. Real and raw.

A constant and vigilant watch was required, 24/7, leaving Discord and Sombra more than sore from casting all those spells, they were exhausted. At every turn Cadence, and Shining reprimanded their daughter. Doing their best to try and get her to stop. Eventually, Discord and Sombra joined them after learning the best technique from Cadence. They just couldn’t keep doing this forever, even they had their limits. While they disliked scolding Flurry, they wanted, no they needed this to stop. While Discord and Sombra still cared for Flurry, they could not help but feel some doubt. What if she got so powerful that not even Discord and Sombra could help? They would not, no, they could not have a repeat of the window incident. Together they sat at the kitchen table, staring at Flurry who sat in the middle of it, no creature moved. So far everything was fine, that is until Shining randomly froze in place. Literally.

“Uhhhh hmmm.” Sombra looked over to Discord he really hoped this was part of a bad joke with a bad punchline. He had seen the glow of Flurry’s horn, but he didn't want to believe it. He wanted it to be a joke, that didn't mean it was.

“She….didn’t teleport!” Discord picked up Flurry in his hands "who is the best monster baby, you. It's you, your a good magic baby. Who is a good magic baby? YOU!" Discord smiled, he was so thankful, she needed a reward for not teleporting. Little did he know he was encouraging something else. "Here have this." He said as he conjured up Flurry's favorite toy. An octopus that blew bubbles when you squeezed it. She giggled with glee and activated her horn again, sending off the spell once more. Discord looked at her, then at the group, and realized. He messed up. No creature there was frozen. "Oh no!"

"Discord!' Cadence reprimanded, though she couldn't fault him entirely. She didn't really stop him. She didn't think she had to. She thought the same, just glad that Flurry did not teleport, she was going to praise Flurry next while scolding her for freezing her father. She still planned to do that, though she had to be careful to not encourage teleporting, again.

Discord got up and focused, he closed his eyes, used his senses to try and feel out where the spell went. Eventually, he had found the spot. "Ok, I'll get this." He said as he teleported away to the spot the spell landed, there on the floor of the entrance of the castle lay a single guard frozen. All the other guards gathered around him. He even saw a few maids peek around the corner. He could erase their minds, manipulate them to remember whatever he wanted them to remember. But that was something the old Discord did. This Discord promised Fluttershy he wouldn't use those powers without permission. Like the time he erased that song, whatever that song was. "Hello!"

"Hiya Discord. What is going on?" Ivy asked, not even phased by the frozen guard on the ground. Crazy but fun things always happened around Discord. It was no cause for alarm.

"Do not worry my friend, I am starting a game of freeze tag!" He said as he touched the guard on the ground. Unfreezing him. "Literally, any creature who wants to play gets freezing powers! Sombra and I are playing. Go gather any creature who desires to play and meet me back here!" He snapped his fingers and teleported away to the kitchen. He saw the faces of his friends, waiting on bated breath to see what the verdict was.

“So?” Shining asked nervously, Sombra having freed him from the ice that once held him captive.

“So, we are playing freeze tag now. With actual Freezing. Who wants to join me? She froze a random guard, tons of creatures were around. So I said I did it, and that it was a game. At least she didn’t disappear." Discord added, maybe it would be permanent, maybe she would stop teleporting. He sure hoped so. "Oh and Sombra I may have said you were playing."

"I guess I will then. Sounds like it would be fun anyway." He said as he just shrugged his shoulders. One of the first things he learned from Discord was to go with the flow. Especially when Discord was involved.

"So either I watch Flurry or Cadence does," Shining said as he sighed, he always missed out on the fun. "Maybe I could join this time?"

"Maybe...maybe we leave her be. This could be good, she didn’t teleport. We could use this as a sort of test. See what happens. Hope for the best, cast something to watch her for us." Cadence suggested but all she got was wide-eyed stairs as if she was crazy.

"I guess we could do that, I could cast something that lets me know if she produces magic. But if I get distracted it could break. Which is why Discord and I didn't do that from the start." Sombra suggested, "I don't think I can stay focused for that long. Especially if I'm supposed to play tag."

"Hmm, I guess I will watch her. I should make sure she doesn't keep freezing ponies. I'll blow the whistle if she casts anything." Cadence said as she carried away Flurry Heart. Shining should get to go this time, she usually went and she could tell he wanted to stay and have fun. She did too, but it was her turn to take responsibility for Flurry.

In a snap, Discord took himself, a newly freed Shining, and Sombra to the meetup point. He was slightly surprised at the sheer amount of creatures before him. "Hello, every-creature." He started looking over the vast amount of them. "I have surprised you all with a game of freeze tag." He snapped his fingers and every-creature glowed a soft blue "I have given you temporary powers. The power to freeze a creature. Then we shall verse each other, the last group standing wins." Discord said as he stood three feet from Sombra "pick a side, fellow creatures."

"Actually I think I know more creatures who would like to join us." Spear piped up. After spending a ton of time discussing whether or not to trust them with the staff. He decided to give them a shot to at least prove themselves. "I was thinking we could make this one big game." He had some buddies outside the castle that he knew would find this fun.

That random guard gave Discord an idea "more than that. Today is a royal day off. The whole Kingdome can play!"

"Can you do that?" Ivy asked Discord, he wasn't really in charge. So it left her concerned. What if he got in trouble?

"Eh, why not." Shining stated as he trotted out to the Courtyard "I think it'll be fun." He was going to go announce to the whole Kingdom that they were taking a day off.

Author's Note:

This is Friday's chapter, Friday is my bday and I'm afraid I will forget to post. So I am posting now. Also I am not writing a fight scene involving an entire kingdom. I'm crazy but not that crazy. Use your