• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,780 Views, 178 Comments

Flurry Heart - Buttery Biscuit



Cadence is stressed out, she has an alicorn baby to raise. Just when she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she is called upon to solve a problem of love. Discord and Sombra's love problem.

  • ...
2
 178
 1,780

Ground Zero Tuesdays

Cadence was sitting on her bed with her husband. She had just told him her new theory on the love Discord and Sombra needed and was waiting for his answer. It had been just eight hours, a night's sleep, since she decided this was the way to go.

"So you want to be their mother? Or a mother figure?" Shining asked his wife. He was a little lost on the whole thing, and he wondered if Cadence needed another vacation, maybe longer then a day. She was starting to sound a little crazy to him.

"Yes, ok ok. Just think about it. It's something they both never had, they have never had anyone there for them. They think they have no one. They don't realize they do have some-creature, some-creature that cares. If we could make them understand-" Cadence started to explain before they both lifted off of their bed. Seconds later Discord burst into their room.

Discord had to go get Cadence, tell her about the current situation. There was no way in Tartarus that this would go unnoticed. So he really had no other option than to take the blame for this one. While there was very little staff there was still some, plus whatever other creature just so happened to be in the castle that day. “Hey."

"Hey...mind telling us why we are floating?" Shining asked assuming that it was Discord that was causing this. That he was being pranked. Then he looked down, followed by his wife to see that there was no floor beneath them either. Something was up, besides them.

"It was Flurry, she took all the floors, there all gone. I decided to take gravity away so that it looked like I was doing this. Causing chaos. It’s chaotic enough that some-creature would believe it. Shining thought it was me, well I guess it sort of was." Discord explained.

"You shouldn't have to take the blame for something you didn’t do Discord. Though I appreciate the gesture. I think we can come up with something better. I do not want to reprimand you for nothing." Cadence said as she gently floated by his head.

"Well, I can’t think of a better lie!" Discord said, and it was true. He really couldn't, he had thought on his limbs. There wasn't another way, "some-creature could have already seen. Some-creature could already know. If we take it back now it could be worse! Imagine all the questions."

Cadence sat and thought about it, Discord was right. Taking it back now could cause more suspicion. More questions. "We planned this?" She suggested to her husband and to Discord.

"What?" Shining asked confused as all get out, "what is that supposed to mean?"

"We planned this, what day is it?" Cadence quickly said as she started forming a crazy plan. Just as crazy, if not more, than her decision to have Discord and Sombra live with them.

"Tuesday," Shining answered hoping she would further explain to him what she was thinking.

"Ground Zero Tuesday, that’s what we're doing now. To liven up the court, make it more interesting and fun. Discord is supplying us with what we asked for. Let’s go announce it to every creature." Cadence said as she teleported all her staff to the throne room and any other creature who happened to be there. Discord was right, she could see the number of creatures now floating. It was a lot.

"Surprise, I asked Discord to spice up our life. So he caused some chaos, today there will be no ground. We are calling it Ground Zero Tuesdays. Do not worry I know it looks scary but I assure you that you are safe. Since there is no gravity you will not fall

"Well while that is fun I do not appreciate the startle," Sombra stated he had been summoned here too, but he had no idea what was going on. So he just responded as he normally would, which he soon regretted doing. One look at Discord's face, and he knew Flurry Heart was the cause. He wished he had figured that out before he had said something and not after.

"I like it, made my heart jump but I would like some kind of notification next time,” Ivy said as she floated round the room, she rather liked Discord's chaotic surprises. Though a warning was always nice.“This is pretty cool though."

The rest of the creatures followed Ivy's lead, even Sombra. They tested out their new situation as they all tried to figure out how to maneuver around in no gravity. It was harder than it looked since not all of them had wings to push off with.

Discord just snorted as he found their struggle amusing and snapped swimming gear onto all of them, “that should help.” And it did, all creatures gained better control as they swam through the air. While the flying ones didn’t need it, he didn’t want them to have to fly. They could always fly, they couldn’t always swim through the air. Literally.

"I hope you all enjoy your gravity-free and floor-free day" Cadence said as she shooed them out of the throne room. "Now go off and have some fun!" She waited until they all left as she turned to Discord and Sombra. "She is getting stronger isn't she?"

Discord silently nodded.

"Twilight is supposed to come today, do you think we have a chance. Is it obvious?" Cadence asked discord.

"Well..uh no. I'm sure we can make a convincing argument but I don't understand. Why don't you tell her? Do you not trust her?" Discord asked while Cadence knew why, he did not.

"It's not that I don't trust her, I don't trust her reaction. I wish she would get help." Cadence looked at the missing floor in shame. Though she had nothing to be shameful for she had tried her best to get Twilight the help she needed. Twilight just kept refusing.

"I'm sure it'll be ok Cadence," Sombra said as he tried to reassure her but the floating made it difficult.

"Thank you, Sombra," Cadence said as she smiled up at him. That moment soon passed as she heard knocking at the throne room door. It was time, Twilight was here. Cadence took a deep breath, everything would be fine. She swam to the throne room door. "Twilight! Sunshine sun-"

She was interrupted with a hoof to her mouth "um Cadence why is there no floor?" Twilight asked as she looked down "it's safe right? That's a long fall."

Cadence smiled down at her sister-in-law "yes Twilight it is safe plus you have wings." It wasn't the first time their tradition was interrupted, and she assumed it wouldn't be the last.

"Oh right, I guess I was too tired to remember that. Training has been very hard and time-consuming. You were right...about the Flurry thing." She sheepishly smiled at Cadence, was that convincing? There was absolutely no way that something wasn't happening. "You know what, I don't think I can have this meeting. The no floor really freaks me out. How about next week? It isn't that important anyway, just wanted to see my family." That was both true and a lie. She did want to see her family, but she was leaving because she had to. She had to figure this out.

Cadence smiled at her sister-in-law. It looked like Twilight was ok with the situation for the most part. She didn't blame Twilight for wanting to leave. Looking down at the missing floor made Cadence's stomach drop too. It would take her a while to get used to it but at least Twilight was fine. Everything was fine. You know what it was more than fine, today would be great, even fun. She swam through the air once more to start her princess duties.


Twilight was back, back to her castle. She couldn't take being confused and lost. She needed help processing the information, she grabbed her trusty whiteboard from the corner of the room. She poofed up a tea and started boiling it. Nothing made sense right now, but she would make it make sense. Ok, ok, ok, let's start from the top what did she know?

What you know I What Cadence told you
D/S watch Flurry I Flurry teleports, possibly dangerous
D causes chaos I Cadence asked him to
No nanny I Cadence couldn’t find one

True I False
D=evil I chaos is wanted
S=evil I D/S are helpful

These were the things Twilight knew, Discord, and Sombra could really never get better. They had all tried very hard, but they kept meeting with resistance. They were allies. Twilight felt that they would never go beyond that. At least it was better than being an enemy. She was sure the rest of her friends agreed with her. As soon as she got to see them that is. Twilight spent all day every day for the past year preparing to become a princess. It was stressful and she never saw her friends.

Wait….its….its been a year. Twilight picked up her marker and under What Cadence told you she wrote D/S were supposed to stay just a couple of weeks just until they taught flurry teleporting was a no-no. It has been way longer than that. If Twilight hadn’t been so distracted by all her newfound responsibilities as a princess, ruler in training, and head-mare at the school of friendship. She would have noticed, but all those things took time. Not to mention the constant interruptions from her friends. She would ignore them, or turn them away, of course, she needed to focus right now. But what if? What if Cadence's interruptions were instead distractions. So that she wouldn't get suspicious.

She heard the whistle of the tea, and she picked up the kettle. She poured herself some chamomile tea. Something she did when she was anxious. She used the breathing exercises she found in a book in Celestia's library ‘Anxiety and You’ it was called. It was the compromise that she and Celestia agreed on. Due to Twilight's experiences, her anxiety always made her assume the worst. Like that one-time Pinkie planned a party for her, and she was convinced it was a going-away party, they didn’t want her anymore, or those times she yelled at her friends or the accident with Rainbow.

She always jumped to the worst conclusions but not this time. She trusted Cadence, she used the book breathing exercise again. Celestia wanted her to see a doctor, but she refused that's why she had this book. No matter how she reacted it wasn’t that bad. She was a princess she didn’t need help. She had that option, her friends, and of course, she asked them to help her from time to time, but she didn’t need professional help. She took to the whiteboard once more and under true she wrote ‘you don’t have bad reactions’ and ‘you have everything under control.’ She was a princess, she was perfect.

In the back of her head, that voice grew louder, Cadence lied, it said and Twilight had no idea how to fight it. Let's just say Cadence lied to her but not about everything. That one thing that was false was true. Cadence had lied to her, but not directly. Flurry was more powerful than Cadence was leading on, which means Discord and Sombra were helping. Not in the way she thought, they were helping to cover up this lie. It was something they would do, they wanted to lie to her. There was no way the two of them would care for Flurry, they didn’t have the capacity. Or maybe, they were messing with Cadence, forcing her to lie to Twilight. Maybe they were up to no good again. They were out of her watch, it was possible. Once evil always evil, once good always good.

Now all she needed was proof, but she didn’t have the time, so she started a list. If a 24 hours day took 200% of her time. Her schedule would look like this.

Sleep: 50%
Time spent training to rule: 50%
Time Spent on matters of friendship: 50%
Time spent on the school. 50%
Time with her friends: 0%

For the first time Twilight got a clear look at her schedule, she realized she was exhausted. There was no way she could squeeze an investigation into her schedule. She learned that lesson the last time she overpacked her schedule. She started a new chart.

Time spent I what you can do about it
Training I Train faster?
Matters I Have your friends dor it for you
The school I New head-mare, to replace you

Twilight frowned at this. She wanted to stay head mare of her school but it was starting to look like that wouldn’t be possible. As ruler many things would be demanded from her. And now there was an investigation. She could always make that head mare write her letters, it would be best if she already knew her. Someone who understood why friendship was important, had an inspiration for friendship, knowledgeable, organized, and responsible.

Only one mare came to mind, a good friend. Crazy was that though as she used to be evil, unlike Discord and Sombra. She would ask Starlight Glimmer, that mare had made great strides in friendship. She was Twilight's pupil, Twilight knew her and had seen her progress first hoof. After announcing her decision about the school, she would ask her friends to help her with issues of friendship. Now her schedule would look something like this.

Investigation: 80%
Time spent training to rule: 80%
Time sleeping: 20%
Time Spent on matters of friendship: 20%
Time spent on the school. 0%
Time with her friends: 0%

This would work, not only would she find out for sure whether Cadence lied to her, though Twilight was already starting to accept that fact as cannon. She also could find out just how powerful Flurry was and whether or not it was going to be an issue. Then see what Discord and Sombra were up to, her suspicion was blackmail. But she had to be careful there was the wrong way to do things, and there was Twilight's way to do things. She was absolutely sure, that since she was on harmony's side, she was right. She was a princess, what could she possibly wrong about?

The soft bringing of her crystal ball could be heard. Who was calling? How dare they interrupt her thoughts. She went over to it and tapped her hoof on it. "This is Princess of Friendship, Element of Magic, Future Ruler of Equestria speaking."

"Hello, this is about Discord and Sombra. I think they might be doing evil things." The stallion on the other end of the line held a list of phone numbers to call. Those phone numbers were for very powerful, very important creatures. He took it by force, a 'friend' owed him a favor. Names having been crossed off the list, he called every creature on there. That is, until he could find some creature who sided with him. So far he had been hung up, accused of prank calls, and called some interesting names.

"WAIT? WHAT? WHEN? WHERE?" Twilight yelled at the ball. Maybe she wouldn't need to find proof. Maybe the proof would come to her, all she needed, was one. One creature to come out with the same suspicions. Then she would work with them, to expose Discord and Sombra.

Perfect, the stallion thought, someone who sees reason. "Name's Gold Rumple and you are going to want to take a seat, Princess. I have so many things to tell you."

Author's Note:

I changed my mind I'm doing Wednesdays