• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,756 Views, 178 Comments

Flurry Heart - Buttery Biscuit



Cadence is stressed out, she has an alicorn baby to raise. Just when she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she is called upon to solve a problem of love. Discord and Sombra's love problem.

  • ...
2
 178
 1,756

Pranks with Discord

Discord stood behind a wall with Flurry in his arms. It had only been a few days since he started this job but watching this kid was pretty boring so far. All she ever tried to do was teleport away and burn down her mother's castle. Which Discord thought was hilarious. It wasn't all that hard to put the fires out, or grab her out of the ether, just a snap of the fingers. Then they were gone. So that left him a lot of time with a baby, a very boring baby.

"Hwkwksjr."

"Yeah, Flurry we're going prankin'," Discord cooed at her. At least she was cute, a tad boring but cute. He was the Lord Of Chaos a small bundle of it wasn't going to get away from him. It was going to join him in pranks. Discord snapped his fingers and pies appeared in front of him. All of them were spiked with spices, spicy apple pies, and a note. He walked down the hall to the maid's office. "Pranking 101 Flurry, food is always funny. Well if you make it funny." He said as he put down the pies in front of the door to the office.

He couldn't believe he was teaching a baby to prank, such an unexpected turn in his life. He knocked on the door and ran away with a giggling Flurry Heart. “Shhhh.” He said as he quieted her the best he could. Rocking her back and forth in his arms, she stopped immediately. His heart surged with love and protectiveness. For some reason, she seemed to really like that. That and ear scratches, she loved those too. Her noises always made it a lot harder to prank then it needed to be, as she could cry or fuss at any time, but that added a sort of fun. It added some extra thrill to the situation as he felt risky. He might actually get caught mid-prank. He could hear the door open and shut, he giggled.

“Awhuwfewfohw.”

“That’s right Flurry there gonna eat those pies!” He said as he ran away from the scene of the crime. In the next hallway, he found two guards sitting still as a statue. With a snap of his fingers, their boots had springs on the bottom of them, and they wobbled back and forth, soon they were bouncing about. Discord snapped his fingers again and added springs to all the guard's boots as well as a note. He chuckled as he watched them bounce around the hallway. With a snap of his fingers, he was in the kitchen. Sitting and feeding Flurry, it was time for the chaos. He watched as Cadence approached the kitchen.

“Hot, hot, hot,” several mares rushed past her, and to the fridge, they grabbed a carton of milk and shared it among themselves. One of them, one that Discord knew, Ivy, she turned to Cadence. “Why did you give us hot apple pies?” Ivy yelled.

Cadence looked at her confused and was about to ask what she meant. Before she could, she heard...bouncing? She looked behind her to notice the guards bouncing to her. One of them yelled, “why did you add bouncy springs to our armor?”

Cadence had no idea what he was talking about, but she glanced over to Discord who was covering his face and shaking. Oh? OH! It was him, of course. “I have no idea what any of you mean,” She said as she played along with the chaos. She found that she was excellent at adapting, which made it easy for her to roll with her a situation. Personal training from her baby. Plus there wasn't anything Discord could do that would be worse than the situations Flurry would put her in.

“You left us a note saying these pies were for us," Ivy exclaimed. She was more than confused, why did Cadence think hot apple pies were a good idea?

"And you left a note saying you improved the armor." A random guard said. He, too, was confused. How were bouncy springs an improvement to guard armor?

Discord's chuckling had gotten louder and all the creatures in the room looked at him. Cadence rolled her eyes and giggled “I wonder how that could have happened,” she asked sarcastically “who oh who could have the power to do that. It’s not like we have any creature here that could. I guess we have a mysterious mastermind on our hooves. Whatever will we do?” She asked as sarcasm dripped from her very being.

Ivy smiled as she turned to Cadence, of course, how did she not see it sooner, “oh NO a mysterious prankster who could that be. I have no idea, you know what we should go hunt them down.”

Discord snorted, he knew that they were just pretending but that only made the situation more interesting. “Sombra, I watched him do it. Being the good creature I am I tried to stop him but alas Flurry was hungry. I just had to feed her. Looks like I was too late.” He said as he smiled at Cadence. He knew he was gonna be in trouble but that didn’t stop him.

Cadence just smiled, and she blew into her whistle, Sombra appeared in front of her, “you stand accused of the worst crime ever. Pranks.” He said as she pointed her hoof at him. “Discord told us you did it.”

Sombra was at first worried as he thought he was actually in trouble, but then he was being accused of pranks by Discord. He realized she was joking pretty quickly, “oh no, how did you find out. I have never truly reformed I have been planning this for months!” He said dramatically “my plan is ruined, how dare you betray me like this Discord. I thought we were friends.”

Now, this was a direction he didn’t expect, he thought Sombra wouldn’t play along, Tartarus, he never expected any creature to play along. He expected immediate reprimanding, maybe even some kind of punishment. He expected to be yelled at but this was way better. He was sure he would be, eventually, but now wasn’t that time. So he no longer thought about it. “I have, you shouldn’t have trusted me!” Discord said dramatically.

“Sombra for your charges I sentence you to….execution,” Cadence said as she teleported a pillow to herself. “Say your last words. Do you regret what you did?”

Sombra chuckled, what a sentence, “I regret nothing, I will be back, enslave you once more. Fear me, King Sombra!” He said as he felt a pillow smack gently into his face. He disappeared into smoke which surprised Cadence, but he wasn’t gone for long. He brought back some more pillows and tossed them to the guards and maids. “I have returned from the dead. Enslaved your people. I will take over your empire!” He said as he waved a dramatic hoof through the air. He turned to Cadence “Give me your empire!” He said as he threw his pillow into Cadence.

“Never.” She said as she smacked him back with the pillow.

Discord snapped away and lay Flurry down for her nap. Hopefully, she would stay asleep, so he could go play, she usually did. He knew it would be fine, she never caused trouble around nap time, oddly enough her trouble had a schedule. He snapped back on Sombra's side. “Give us the empire.” He said as he joined Sombra's team.

“Oh suddenly back on his side, even though you betrayed him?” Cadence asked smugly.

"Oh yes, don’t worry he has forgiven me since we're friends and all, right Sombra?" Discord suggested. He hoped Sombra wouldn't kick him off his team.

"Yes, of course, I have. Take over will be much easier with you on my side.” There really wasn't anything for Sombra to forgive, this was just a game. A game he was aiming to win.

“Don't forget about us, King Sombra,” Ivy said “as your slave, I have to do whatever you say,” she said as she threw her pillow into Cadence. “Give us your empire.” With her lead, the rest of the maids and guards followed as they repeated her sentence “give us your empire” they said as they threw their pillows at Cadence.

“Oh no you have enslaved my people, I must get reinforcements.” She said as she activated her horn and sent a letter to Celestia who appeared in their castle just a few moments later. “Yes?”

Cadence teleported a pillow to her. “Discord and Sombra have enslaved those people and are taking over the empire we must defeat them!” She said, “but not in the kitchen there are sharp objects and a table. Let's go to the throne room. There is more space there.”

“You are right. See you there.” Sombra said as he teleported away taking his ‘slaves’ and Discord into the throne room.

Cadence turned to Celestia “wanna play with us?” She knew that Celestia did not get out much, and like her had lots to do She could use as much fun time as Cadence could. Now was the time for fun.

“Yes,” Celestia said, she really could use this, her life wasn’t all that exciting and anytime Cadence called her it was worth staying for. There was no way she was going to miss such fun, she couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. She wished she had the idea to ask for help from Discord and Sombra. If she had known it would be so much fun she would have done it. She followed Cadence closely as she turned away from her thoughts and to the moment. She entered the throne room to find Discord and Sombra sitting on Cadence and Shining's throne. There were ‘slaves' in front of them led by none other than Shining.

“Hello Cadence," Shining said in a voice he thought sounded slave-ish.

"Shining NO! Not you!" Cadence said dramatically although she really did wonder why he was over there and not with her.

"Yes, I have been enslaved by Sombra, it's truly a tragedy. I did not just side with him because you keep hogging all the covers at night. I'm not bitter about that at all." Shining growled at his wife, he lied he was bitter about it. She just kept taking them from him and sometimes he found himself falling face-first onto the floor. They had one of the largest beds in Equestria, why was he falling on the floor? What pony needs all that space?

Cadence rolled her eyes, it was something he had been complaining about for a while. She snorted, how she loved her husband. She would have to try her best to stop doing that, “do not worry I will save you” Cadence said as she raised her pillow over her head.

Celestia walked in behind her surprising the few creatures who hadn't been in the kitchen, “this is unfortunate I would have thought you took your reformation seriously.” She levitated her pillow over her head “I guess I was wrong for assuming that, accept your punishment which is-”

“Beheadings," Cadence said casually, as casually as one could say such a thing.

"Beheadings?" Celestia asked.

"Yes! Only the worst punishment for the worst crime in the history of ever, of all time, of all existence. This. THIS is the worst thing to happen." She noted her own dramatization of the situation. She could see why Discord liked to do it. It was so much fun.

"With these?" Celestia knew that they were not going to behead them, that wasn't really something that was done. Maybe that's why Cadence chose it, it was random, also how would you behead a pony with a pillow.

"Yes, that’s how it normally goes no?" Cadence suggested, of course, that isn't how they went but who cares. As Discord would say 'where is the fun in making sense.'

"Of course, how could I forget, its….tradition” Celestia said attempting to play along the best she could "so let us remove their heads."

Discord and Sombra smiled, they and their small army readied their pillows. “Attack!” Sombra yelled as he dived at Celestia and smacked a pillow into her.

Celestia just smiled and smacked her pillow into Sombra “you will never rain over this empire again!” She snorted as she hit him a few times with her pillow.

Discord went after a few of his own army members, because why not. Throwing pillows at them here and there but never getting hit himself. Although, a few ponies got dangerously close to hitting him.

Sombra could feel a few wops of a pillow when he disappeared into smoke forming behind Celestia. He brought his pillow down upon her back. “Yes, I will!” He said as he wopped her several times. Any time Celestia so much attempted to hit him, he dissolved into smoke. Those first few shots being the only ones that she landed. He landed plenty on Celestia though.

Cadence wasn’t far behind as she tried her best to hit Sombra but just like Celestia, her first few shots were the only ones to land. Their ‘slaves' stopped bombarding each other and their monarchies, they too joined in on trying to hit Sombra. Shining even joined after getting a few wops at Cadence. He made sure to be gentle he wasn’t all that angry, and he would hate to hurt his wife.

Discord's eyes lit up as he dove for Sombra catching him in his hands. He was about to bring some real betrayal into this, if he was going to be hit so was Sombra. Sombra stopped being smoke and formed into a solid mass in Discord's hands. Nothing protected them as they both received a bombardment of pillows.

“Surrender now!” Celestia said, “or fear my wrath!” She giggled, and she brought the pillow down on Discord, her attention focused solely there. A little revenge for all the pranks he ever pulled on her.

Discord just snorted as the pillows hit him, they didn’t hurt. They were pillows, and he just loved the look of betrayal on Sombra's face as he too was hit with pillows.

“Discord! Why?” He yelled, “how could you?” Sombra asked he wanted to win the pillow fight not experience this mess.

Discord just smiled at Sombra, “why not?” He asked as he laughed. It had been a while since he had this much fun. Eventually, the pillows stopped coming as the creatures using them ran out of breath.

“You...give...in?” Cadence asked breathing deeply, this had been more of a workout then she had expected.

“Yes.” They both said as they laughed up a storm. Sombra wasn’t all that angry, just annoyed, he had so much fun, it was hard not to with Discord around. He always knew how to keep it interesting.

“Thank you for including me Cadence but I really should get back," Celestia said not wanting to leave, she had so much fun. She would have to tell her sister and Twilight about her victory.

"Of course, thank you for helping me defend my kingdom," Cadence said as she laughed.

Celestia just snorted, "your welcome. Call me when they try again."

"Of course. I'm sure they will try once more." Cadence said face red from the exertion of energy. Her smile wide from all the joy she was feeling.

Celestia teleported away feeling good, she had such a good time today. She hoped that Cadence would continue to involve her in future endeavors.

Discord turned to Cadence, and he waited for his reprimanding, he waited but it never came as she just smiled down at him. So he decided to help her along “so what’s the deal?”

"The deal?' Cadence asked confused, was there one she didn't know about?

"Yeah kay-kay the deal." Discord said giving her a nickname on a whim. He was ready, he was prepared. He wondered how angry Cadence would be at him. Hopefully not enough to kick him out.

"Is that my new nickname? Oh yay, I was hoping I would get one. You nicknamed all the other princesses I thought I'd never get one" Cadence smiled at Discord.

"You want a nickname?" Now Discord was confused it was a tradition that the princess he gave the nickname to hated it. So he expected Cadence to hate it too. Not be happy about it.

"Of course! I just have to say Discord today was so much fun! Oh also Shining and I tried to get Celestia to agree to turn the sun into a marshmallow, but she said and I quote “no.” She is no fun sometimes." Cadence added, she did actually try, she wasn't just saying it. They drafted the law up right before the meeting it said 'sun = marshmallow because Discord said so' and that was it. It was a ton of fun trying to get Celestia to say yes and Cadence was bummed that she ended up saying no.

"You're not mad?" Discord asked confusion rocked his brain.

"Why would I be mad?" Cadence asked as she became just as confused as Discord.

"I caused chaos." Discord said bluntly. Did she not know she was supposed to be mad?

"Yeah but it was fun, no pony got hurt and I got a nickname. A little chaos is good for the soul if it’s meant well." Cadence said as she slowly realized that DIscord thought he was going to be in trouble. Of course, he messed with everyone's day a little but they had fun doing it. There really wasn't a reason to be mad.

Discord was stunned, eventually, a smile stretched across his face. She enjoyed his chaos. Maybe even the same amount as Pinkie Pie did, maybe even more. He relaxed a bit as he looked upon his new ally. His tail wagged back and forth as he planned new chaotic things to do for Cadence. Maybe they could even do them together.

Author's Note:
">/embed.js" charset="utf-8">