• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,780 Views, 178 Comments

Flurry Heart - Buttery Biscuit



Cadence is stressed out, she has an alicorn baby to raise. Just when she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she is called upon to solve a problem of love. Discord and Sombra's love problem.

  • ...
2
 178
 1,780

Kingdom

Sombra and Discord had a list and no Flurry. A list of things they were going to go do instead of Cadence and Shining. They often took the little things off of their hooves. Now that Flurry had stopped teleporting, they could once again go out into the Kingdom. Which was pretty exciting for them since they always had to hang around the castle. It was nice to go out and about. Sombra lifted the list in his magic, their first stop was Foals We B. A huge store meant for anything you could need for your baby.

Then to Papers a supply store for all your castle needs. That one they were not excited for.

The other place called Clawsco , Sombra remembered his first time there. He had grown up during a food shortage, and the amount of food in the place broke his mind. You could get anything you wanted and Sombra had his eyes set on a box. 2000 packs of candy for 15 bits, it was a steal. He had the cash, so he bought it and ate it all. Of course, he ate it all that very night and got gravely ill. It was worth it though.

Soon enough they were there, Foals We B, the doors opening by themselves. He remembered when he first encountered them, he was actually pretty scared of them. He thought it might be some kind of witchcraft or dark spell he didn't know. Turns out it was just pre-powered crystals. Sombra and Discord stood in front of the doors "ding dong" the doors went as they entered. It wasn't their first time in this store; they often came here as it was a one-stop shopping.

"Hello Sombra, Hello Discord!' An earth stallion said, he sat at the counter waving his hoof at them. "Been a while since I have seen you here.

"Hello, Silver Bairn," Sombra said, he liked this earth pony. He was always nice to them, and he was an interesting stallion. "How are you and your wife?"

Discord went off to the toy section, sometimes he would buy some, sometimes he would get ideas for new crazy toys for Flurry. He wasn't used to making chaos for children. This store always gave him the inspiration he needed and helped him prevent himself from going too far. Like accidentally making food that she couldn't eat. He would hate to give her an upset stomach.

"Good, we were going to bungee jump off the Crystal Damn and you'll never guess what happened. Go on, guess." Silver said.

"You fought another bear?" Sombra watched as his shop ally shook his head. "Then I have no idea."

"Fire Rush threw up," he stated as he looked at Sombra's confused face. "I know right, she never gets nervous. Just as adventurous as I am. We thought it was a one-time thing, then she wouldn't stop. Concerned we went to the hospital. I got the best news I have ever heard. SHE'S PREGNANT!"

Sombra gasped "A baby! Congratulations!"

That caught Discord's attention, claws around some rubber ducks. Those ducks were disguised as other things, things like a skeleton, a pony, a cat, a dragon, and a sheep. He found them hilarious. Hopefully, they would make Flurry happy, bathtime always stressed her out. Maybe something fun would help that. "Can we see them?" He said excitedly, he loved children. Always so chaotic.

"Still cookin' but when my wife gives birth you can see the baby." He stated as he watched Sombra elevate everything they needed to the counter.

"You'll be a good father Silver," Sombra stated as he watched Silver ring him up.

"You think so?" Silver asked he was still nervous about the whole thing.

"Of course, you are a good stallion. Protective, open-minded, I am sure you'll make an excellent father." Sombra said reassuringly. "Plus I'm helping with Flurry, if I can take care of a baby. I'm sure you can too."

"I guess that is true, total comes to 300 bits." Silver stated.

Sombra's eyes widened with surprise and his heart jumped "but that's the exact amount. That can't be right." He said, he was now worried. Was something wrong?

"Yeah?" Silver questioned, not quite putting the pieces together.

"The businesses never charge us the real amount, its 10% increase because, you know, we're evil. Did prices drop?" Sombra clarified, if this was what he thought it was. He would have to have a meeting with Cadence. This could be very bad.

"No, well, I don't think you are. Sorry about doing it before, but you're my friends now. I don't feel comfortable overcharging you. The past is the past." Silver blushed, he forgot he had been a part of that decision. It was considered to be a small amount of revenge.

"Oh, ok. I thought it might be an economic problem. Good, one less thing for Cadence to worry about." Sombra said before he realized what Silver had said. "Oh uhhh, I'm not sure what to say. Thank you....friend? Sorry, still rusty at making new friends but not at making slaves heheheheheheh." He slowly sunk behind the counter. Usually, the elements brought him friends. That or they were dragged in by Discord.

"Oh man you are so bad this, you scared Ivy, and now this." Discord just chuckled as he stared at Sombra who was attempting to hide behind the store counter, and not very well.

Silver just chuckled, "you don't have to say anything, I won't be doing that anymore. I regret even participating."

"Well thank you," Sombra said as he grabbed the bag off the counter. "I guess we'll see you later," Sombra said as he just walked out of the store. He wasn't sure what else to do.

Discord just followed his friend out, he was going to get such a mocking.


As soon as they left Silver went over to his Crystal Ball, "Leary, Call Gold." He told it

"Calling Gold." It repeated, it went, "bring, bring, bring."

"Hello?" A crusty old voice answered, "This is Gold Rumple speaking."

"Gold it is Silver. Sombra and Discord both know we have been charging them extra. And they only said something to make sure prices weren't plummeting for Cadence. They didn't even complain when they found out." Silver stated as his heart pounded. He was nervous about what he was going to do.

"Wait what?" Gold always assumed that he was slick, sneaky, and cunning. They had known the whole time. "How?"

"Does it matter? I refuse to be a part of this. I will no longer be contributing and if you think you can do whatever you want. Remember Discord and Sombra are my friends. I will tell them what you have been up to. Since the Anti-Villain Agenda was your idea. I'm sure they would love to know about that. I'm calling my friends after this, expect them to come with me." Silver tapped the crystal ball and hung up. Not even giving Gold a chance to answer. He levitated his contact book. He was going to call every business friend in there. Even if it took all night.


"Make new slaves huh?" Discord snickered as he and Sombra approached. Papers, a castle supplies store.

"Shut up, I panicked." Sombra huffed, he greatly regretted doing that. Though it could have gone worse, and SIlver was an ally that Sombra made by himself. Twilight would be proud of him, or at least satisfied that he didn't completely botch it. He grumbled as he entered Papers.

Discord just smiled as he leaned against the wall outside. He wondered whether Celestia would notice is he made all her cheese taste like pineapples. He then wondered if Cadence would like to cause some chaos. They could rotate the throne three inches to the left just to see if she would notice, then change all her cheese. Because why not both?

"Hello," Sombra took a breath while Discord waited outside, he needed to calm down. Discord was already not allowed in Papers. If he was kicked out too, they would have to teleport across Equestria in order to get what they needed. Which they could do, but they promised Cadence they would interact with their Kingdom, and it was helping them. So both of them felt like they had to come here.

See, Discord had accidentally scraped the roof while ducking into the shop. He fixed it of course, but he was no longer allowed in. They swore to themselves since Cadence had been nothing but amazing to them. They shouldn't cause any trouble, and also for Flurry.

Sombra made quick work of gathering everything he needed. Piling it neatly on the desk, he smiled at Sandy Dream. "Ma'am, how are you?" Silence, just like always he watched her quickly ring up and charge him. "Have a good day." He said as he dropped the bits and lifted the bag and carefully left the store. This place always wracked his nerves. He gave the bag to Discord who teleported it to the chaos realm for safekeeping. "Onto Clawsco."


The ringing of a crystal ball could be heard, Sandy went over to it and tapped it. "This is Sandy owner of Papers."

"Sandy it is me, Silver."

"Hello Silver, how may I help you," Sandy asked.

"I'm starting a new alliance, Friendly Foes. I left the ATA. What their encouraging isn't fair anymore. Discord and Sombra are good, we shouldn't be doing this. Join me."

"What are you crazy?" Sandy screamed into the ball.

"Is it a yes or a no?" Silver asked, a list of ATA members by his side. Names having been crossed out. Many joined his side, very few believed in ATA and their agenda. They were more scared of Gold and what he could do to them, and their businesses. Silver was going to take care of that. "Don't worry about Gold I've got that covered."

"No," Sandy said hanging up on Silver. She glanced at the roof where there used to be scratches. Just because they were considerate didn't mean they were good now. Just nice, being nice and being good wasn't the same thing. Her stomach twisted and the thought that she was wrong flickered into her mind, but she ignored it.


Discord and Sombra had just entered Clawsco. "Alright we just need to pick up food, and we are done for the day," Sombra stated as he looked over the store. He remembered when it used to give him anxiety. The place still sometimes felt like it was endless. Like a forest.

"I think we all need some ice cream!" Discord stated as he licked his lips.

"That isn't on the list," Sombra said as he rolled his eyes.

"It is now." Discord said with a snap of his fingers and on the list appeared. 'Ice cream unless Sombra is super lame and doesn't get it'.

"Uhg fine." Sombra just rolled his eyes more. They were going to get stuck like that one day. He smiled, Discord could fix it for him.

The two of them went down the fruits and veggies aisle first. Picking up berries, cucumbers, lettuce, and the likes. They piled them into their basket. Discord, of course, reached for anything on the top shelf while Sombra picked things off the bottom shelf. They could do either but this was more convenient.

Then a wurring sound could be heard. Sombra knew this sound it was Barty, the shop robotic cleaner. At first, Barty freaked Sombra out, with his googly eyes and nameplate. It took a while to understand that it wasn't real, and even longer for Sombra to stop being anxious in its presence, but now Barty was one of Sombra's favorite friends. "Hello, Barty." He greeted the robot, he didn't need to, he knew that. He did it anyway.

Barty just stared at Sombra "vrrrrrrr." It went as it cleaned up a puddle on the floor. Then it went off to isle 4 to stock some boxes. If it had any opinion at all, it would favor Sombra.

Discord scoffed, he loved that Sombra made friends with an inanimate object, it was hilarious and chaotic. "Bye Barty." He said as he followed Sombra into the next aisle. Thinking to himself, that giving sentience to Barty may be a fun chaotic thing to do.

The next aisle they went down was snacks, Sombra lifted what was needed off the shelf and into the basket. Behind him, Discord snuck in whatever he wished for, making sure that Sombra did not catch him. Sombra paused as he picked up a large bag of chips. He stared at it for a few seconds before saying "I can't believe it, so easy to get food now. I can't stop thinking about how hard it used to be. How many nights we went without food."

"I can't ether sugar." An old voice croaked and it made Sombra jump. "Sorry about that sweetheart. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh hello," Sombra said to the older unicorn mare.

"I grew up in a very small town, no markets, picking our own food as we needed it so i can understand. There is just so much everywhere, hard to know what to get. Gives me anxiety."

"Thank you, finally somepony gets it. I'll never understand how they even make all this stuff, and so fast two." Sombra said as he smiled at the older women. "It freaked my friend and I out too when we first arrived." He pointed back at Discord who waved.

"Well, I very much understand. I also understand Barty. See I know he isn't real but I started a fan group." She said as she pulled two pins out of her purse. On them read 'I <3 Barty' and she levitated them over to Sombra. "For you and your friend, It was nice meeting you sweetheart." She said as she wobbled off.

"Nice meeting you too." Sombra smiled, something about her attitude just made him feel better. With smiles on their faces, they then picked up hay in isle 5, drinks in isle 3, wine in isle 2, and finally the isle they had been avoiding. 9, the very back isle. The deli section. This section was meant for meat-eating creatures.

Sombra strolled up to the butcher, a Griffin named Cloudclaw. "8 pounds of chicken, please. Thank you Cloudclaw."

"No problem Sombra," Cloudclaw said as he handed Sombra the chicken. He noticed his regular had a slight frown on today.

"Hey, can I ask you a strange, possibly out of date, question?" Sombra said as he levitated the chicken into the basket. Discord was far away from Sombra checking out what Barty was up to.

"Shoot," Cloudclaw said nervously. He hoped it wasn't anything serious. He liked these guys, but he hated dealing with any drama.

"Do you ever miss, you know, hunting for your food?" Sombra asked as he glanced at the pre-packaged chicken. It just wasn't as fun picking it up and putting it into a basket. Convenient, but not fun.

Cloudclaw brightened "yeah all the time. I actually started a hunting party. We go out and camp survival too. Would you like to join?"

Sombra smiled, "I would love to." Sombra yelled "DISCORD!" He called and his friend came to him. "Cloudclaw has started a hunting party. They even go survival style camping."

"OOOO, sounds like fun." Discord said, he didn't care for the hunting, he cared for the chaos that came with it. He also cared about Sombra, so he would go with. To keep watch.

"You want to come?" Cloudclaw asked, he hadn't expected Discord to have interest in something like this.

"Never go hunting without him. I can't even count the number of times I have seen Discord out terf a Timberwolf, or any other crazy creature that may be about. Trust me, we want him there." Sombra stated excitedly, he couldn't wait to go.

"Well, we meet on the first Sunday of every month at 9 am at the community board in the center of the Kingdom. Feel free to join us." Cloudclaw said, "if you can't make it don't worry about it. It's a very casual thing."

"Thank you," Sombra said as he and Discord sauntered off happier then they were before. Sombra was practically skipping to the check out lane. He levitated the items out of the cart and onto the counter. He was so happy he didn't notice it was over budget till the mare checking them out said.

"That'll be 2000 bits." The mare said, she loved checking out Discord and Sombra. They did all the work for her, it was great.

The price made Sombra's blood run cold. "What?" He softly said.

Discord plopped down 2000 bits 1000 for groceries Cadence wanted, and he paid 1000 bits for his own groceries. "Don't have a conniption Sombra." He said as snapped the items scanned into reusable bags. Plastic was bad for the environment. He then snapped them into his dimension and picked up his friend. "Have a good day." He said as he left with Sombra under his arms. He looked a bit pale in the muzzle.

"That's a lot of bits," Sombra muttered as his friend carried him off to the castle.


It was the dead of night. Silver had called every business partner and ATA member he knew of. His crew, now vast, stood beside him as the Friendly Foes. Silver had more than notice Discord and Sombra's reluctance to fight creatures for their rights. He did not care why. If they didn't want to fight, he would fight for them. He and his friends picked up paint brushes and cans of glue. Among those things they held, they held paper.

On that paper was every ATA member, contributor, and their business. As well as the ATA meeting dates, their agenda and the name of their leader. "Cover the town. Leave no spot untouched." Silver smiled, he felt good. He felt like what he was doing would help.

Author's Note:

So this was a chapter I wrote after writting (but not edditing, yet, gotta do that) for friday. So I am ok with making it a bonus chapter for this week. Hope you enjoyed it.