• Published 31st May 2020
  • 1,780 Views, 178 Comments

Flurry Heart - Buttery Biscuit



Cadence is stressed out, she has an alicorn baby to raise. Just when she thought the situation couldn't get any worse, she is called upon to solve a problem of love. Discord and Sombra's love problem.

  • ...
2
 178
 1,780

Cadence

Author's Note:

Flurry Heart is rated T for teen for a reason. This chapter deals with sensitive subjects and may make some uncomfortable. It is NOT explicit but it may rub a few the wrong way.

(Sorry I posted early I couldn't wait till Monday too excited, see you wensday)

Cadence had woken up that day with a hangover to end all hangovers but so did 'Tia and Discord. It took a couple of hours for Cadence to recover. She was the first one to do so. She decided to use her time wisely to gather everything she needed for the day. After a couple of more hours, Discord and Celestia recovered, and Celestia left. Cadence was more sure in herself than ever, she realized last night that her obsessing was just making it worse. If they did believe they had no one. Then Cadence had no relationship to risk.

Whatever the answer was, she was just going to do it. Like ripping off a bandaid. Today was her day off, so she had nothing to do today. Her schedule clear and with no demands, it was a perfect time. She did not want this to be interrupted. She took a deep breath, went into her room, soundproofed it, and blew the whistle. All she had to do now was wait. And remember the few talking points she had. In a few seconds, they were there.

"Cadence how can we help you?" Sombra asked her, glad to see her face.

Discord soon appeared behind him "hi Cadence!"

It was time to clear up some things. "What are you planning on doing after Flurry Heart?" Cadence asked. She wanted to confirm her suspicions first.

"Oh, when you're done with us. We'll probably go back to what we were doing before. I mean you only needed us for this." Sombra stated. It was true it wasn't like they were here because she like them or anything. They were allies, very good allies.

"Well, you can forget that. Your welcome to stay here." Cadence insisted, she wanted them too.

"Thanks, but you don't have to-" Sombra started before he was interrupted.

"Hush listen to the words I am saying. You are more than welcome to stay. In fact, more than that I got you this." Cadence said as she whipped out two papers. "I grant the two of you full citizenship in the Crystal Empire. You are now one of my people, protected by my rules. You are welcome to stay and live in the town, you are welcome to stay and live nearby, you can even stay in the castle. Forever. Mooch off of me, I don't mind. I don't plan on ever letting you go from your jobs."

"Cadence you don't have to-" Sombra and Discord stated at the same time. Neither one of them should stay. Sombra enslaved this place. And Discord was sure he'd mess this up one day, if not now, it would be later.

"No, but I want to. You are my friends, no you are my family. I love you both." Cadence looked at their faces. It spelled nothing but utter shock, she watched them look at one another and back at her. It's like they had never heard...they hadn't. Had they? It was a thought that broke Cadence's heart. Their whole lives, not an ounce of love.

"Chrysalis is that you?" Sombra asked, now more certain than ever. That he was not talking to Cadence. There was just no way. There was no way he would ever hear a sentence like that.

Discord thought the exact same way, there was no way some creature loved him. Tolerated, definitely. Liked, maybe. Loved, most definitely not. "If that's you, that wasn't funny even by my standards."

"What? No!" Cadence protested. They didn't believe her. They didn't believe her so much, that they thought she was some-pony else. That broke her heart even more. Wait if they didn't believe that she liked them, or loved them. Then what about the elements?

"Look Chrysalis, Cadence is a very nice mare. If you tell us where she is right now. Maybe we can talk it out. I know you felt betrayed by your hive and Thorax. But Cadence is a very reasonable alicorn. I'm sure she can figure something out. Not to mention we used to be allies the three of us, banded together. We could do it again, but this time as best friends, don't you want that? It'll be fun." Sombra stated to Chrysalis. Who he was sure would come around if they sold her the idea of reformation. He and Discord didn't get far in their convincing last time, they ended up having to put her back in stone. They didn't really want to but maybe this time they could get her on their side. I mean Cadence was great, so Chrysalis wouldn't have a hard time. And she was very forgiving. He knew that first-hoof.

"What Sombra said, so spill it hunny where did you put Cadence?" Discord asked Chrysalis, he was starting to get anxious. Wherever Cadence was, he hoped she was ok. If she wasn't. Chrysalis was in a world of hurt, even if they were allies at some point.

"We won't even call the elements. If you take us to her right now, it'll be just the three of us and Cadence." Sombra added, maybe if he added that bit Chrysalis would be more likely to reform. Knowing that she wasn't in the immediate danger of being blasted to wherever they chose to put her. Or being put back into stone.

"I'm not Chrysalis!" Cadence insisted, she wasn't.

"Look Chrysalis, we figured out your nonsense. You went too hard, telling us you love us. If you need love I'm willing to give you some of my stock." Sombra offered. He had plenty and unlike other ponies, he would be fine without it. It wasn't something his body depended on. Not like dark magic.

"Yeah me too. All you have to do is tell us where she is." Discord added, he too didn't need love to function. Just chaos and a bit of dark magic. And if giving her some meant she would drop the act and tell him where Cadence was. Then it was worth it.

"I am not Chrysalis!!!" Cadence insisted again. How was she supposed to prove that? She thought over it, maybe there was some kind of gesture. Something that she could do to convince them otherwise.

"Look we don't want to fight, neither does Cadence, I mean I enslaved her, and she forgave me. I'm sure after a while and some effort she could forgive you too." Sombra added. Maybe if he gave Chrysalis an example of Cadence's kindness she would give up the act.

"Cadence is a good alicorn, no mare, no Cadence is a good soul. We promise she won't hurt you. We'll even tell her how you helped find her. And we will make sure you aren't attacked. You just have to tell us where you put her, also admit that you are not Cadence." Discord added to Sombra's offer. Though he was starting to get impatient. If she didn't admit to her nonsense soon. Discord would make Chrysalis admit to her nonsense.

Cadence was both concerned and flattered. They thought so highly of her, they also didn't believe she was herself. Which was a problem because she was Cadence. "I am not Chrysalis, I am not kidding, I love you," Cadence said as she focused on all her motherly loved and planted a kiss on Sombra and Discord's foreheads. Choosing that as the gesture to convince them that she was real. What she was saying was real, that is how she felt.

The silence that hung in that room spoke more than any words could ever. Sombra ended up breaking it with a choke, a choke that was supposed to be words. He had no idea what to feel, besides stress. He looked, eyes wide, at Discord. As if he could possibly help him. Every joke Discord and Sombra made about their lives, was no longer funny. The weight of everything they ever been through crashing down upon them in one fell swoop.

Discord was...something. He was, he was. He just was. "No, that's not right." Was the only answer Discord could give. He felt everything and nothing as his brain scrambled to figure out what was wrong with Cadence. "Are...are you sick? I can go get the elements. I'm sure we can find a cure."

"I'm not sick. I love you both, please, believe me, I love you," she said as she wrapped her wings around Sombra, the only creature within her range. "Your welcome to stay here, live with me, as my family. Because you are my family."

Sombra just cracked, he just, he was so overwhelmed. He buried his head into Cadence and shook. He pressed hard against her like if he let her go she would stop existing.

Discord just stared at them both he rarely spoke what he was actually thinking, especially if it had to do with his feelings. He would this time though, he was scared, afraid, stressed. "Good things don't exist." He stated out loud. As if to assure himself that this was all a trick. It had to be a trick. He was a monster and no more.

"Discord!" Cadence gasped, she hadn't really expected that out of him. She held on tightly to a sobbing Sombra, so she couldn't really move.

"No, they don't exist!' Discord said as he backed away from Cadence. Something was wrong, something had to be wrong. He just knew it. That's when he put the pieces together. "I'm still in stone. This is a dream I'm having while in stone. That means you two Sombra! None of this is real." Discord concluded that had to be the answer. He would often daydream in his stone prison. This could be another one of his fabrications, and he never really left.

Sombra looked away from Cadence and at Discord with surprise. Tears in his eyes, he had known that Discord had a hard time with his stone prison. What he didn't know was it had effected his friend so poorly, though he couldn't scold him too much. He had a hard time in his ice prison, he still felt the harsh chill of a winter wasteland. Too much silence still bothered him and sometimes he swore he had heard the wind blowing even if it wasn't.

"Discord its ok, I am real. I just want to help." She reached out a wing to Discord who looked like she was threatening his life. "Discord its ok, I won't hurt you, I won't fade away. I promise. " Cadence said, as she rubbed Sombras back. She couldn't get very far with Sombra clinging like that, so she was going to have to use her words. "It's ok. I promise. All you have to do is come here. Feel my heartbeat, have your daydreams had those? Can you touch them, feel their breath? Are they that detailed?"

Discord knew that they were not that detailed. When he touched them they would fade away into smoke. If this was a daydream he wasn't sure he could handle that. Though if it was real, it was all the better. He had to put faith in Cadence. Something he never really did, he had to actually trust her word. As they were the only things he had right now. Eventually, he caved and hugged Cadence, clinging desperately to her. He wasn't sure what to think, say do, feel. The cascade of emotions caused him to seek comfort, no he needed comfort. He could feel the heat of her skin, the beating of her heart, and he knew she was real. Which means everything else was. "I'm... I'm sorry." At that moment they pretended that Cadence was everything they ever needed, she was their mother. They melted into her embrace.

"Don't be, it's ok Discord." She said as she welcomed him into the hug. She hadn't expected to have to fight him. She had never seen another creature reject love as hard as he did. It broke her heart more. Silent tears dripped down her face as she just let them cry to their heart's content. She wanted to be careful, to not let them know she was upset. She wanted to let them focus on themselves and not her. But she could not help it, her heart broke too much. They spent hours just sobbing clinging to Cadence who hadn't said a word otherwise. She just let them get it out of their systems.

"We should probably let you go now," Sombra said, he felt a slight quake from Cadence and it made him realize. He didn't deserve this. He made her cry, and he didn't' deserve this. This was a good thing, and he was not and if he asked Discord. Discord would agree with that statement. Though unlike Sombra he did not want to let go. He was scared to. Like the world would crumble if he did.

"You don't have to, you deserve it," Cadence said, though she didn't know why she said it, she felt like she had to. She wanted them to stay close. To soak in her love. She didn't want them to run away. "It's ok, it's ok for you to have this."

It was like she knew what Sombra And Discord were thinking. They didn't deserve the love they were receiving and cleared the air. That they did deserve it. Eventually, she felt their crying stop. She looked down to find them asleep, they most likely passed out. She didn't blame them either, they had gone through quite the emotional turmoil. She smiled to herself as she wiped her tears from her face. Today was a new day, a day filled with love for just the two of them. She felt the calm of a completed job wash over her once more. Though her gut acted up again. This time it was different, it was more like a warning. It told her there was something she was going to want to read before tomorrow came. She activated her horn and books appeared, hovering in front of her. She paused as the teleportation made a sound but the two of them did not stir.

Books on trauma. She wasn't sure why she would need these books but her gut was never ever wrong. So she started reading through each one. She was about halfway through the first one when she heard a soft knock at the door and then a creek.

"Hey, how did it go?" Shining asked as he popped his head in to see his wife covering up something with her wings and reading a book on trauma. Weird.

Cadence lifted her wings very slightly, so he could see Sombra and Discord, asleep. "Good enough. You're going to want to read these after I am done with them. My gut gave me a warning. I think it'll be important."

"If you say so....does this mean I need to sleep on the couch?" Shining asked, he rather he didn't but it looked like he would have to.

"Sorry, my love I promise to make it up to you." She winked at him and gave him a very suggestive gesture with her hoof.

Shining blushed at his wife, then he smiled "ok, couch it is." He said as he quietly closed the door. Leaving Cadence behind to read her books.