• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,488 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,488

Fitness Center

Apple Bloom didn't even enter the caravan that she was hugged by Applejack to ensure that she was alright after her terrible fight against the terrifying and powerful Blackbeard. If the ponies had to do a top of the most powerful ghosts ever fought until now (without counting Thanatos), Blackbeard would be in the third place behind Little Ghost and Pyrite. Fourth if they added Eternal Rest even if she hadn't been fought yet.

"That Blackbeard really scared me here. Ah thought he'd kill ya," said the mare.

"Thankfully, mah friends were here," replied Apple Bloom before she giggled. "Ah can't wait to tell Pipsqueak Ah fought Blackbeard."

"Oof. He will not let us go after that," said Sweetie Belle.

"But before that, Ah think Ah'll sleep a whole week," joked Apple Bloom.

After that, they entered the caravan, and Apple Bloom used the Dehypnotist on Rainbow Dash who was still wrapped up. Applejack then unwrapped her while Twilight made sure that she didn't fall as her froggy mind recovered. But then, with a sudden jump, Rainbow took a threatening position, legs bent and winngs spread as she looked around.

"Where is she? Where's that... That..." Seeing that the origin of her wrath wasn't there and that she was surrounded by friends, she calmed down a little.

"Who? Eternal Rest?" asked Rarity.

"Yes," answered Rainbow as she looked around again. "Wait? We're back in the caravan? The last thing I remember is Eternal Rest revealing herself to be a ghost after some captured us."

Pinkie Pie took a big breath. "Eternal Rest is a servant of Thanatos that he sent to trick us and start another 'Death Game' against Apple Bloom! She captured everypony excepted Apple Bloom, Applejack, Sweetie Belle, and Little Ghost, hypnotized us, and used us as a mean to force Apple Bloom to do the game! So Apple bloom, helped by Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost, now has to climb the hotel floor by floor to save us, defeat Eternal Rest's minions protecting the floors, and win the game! Twilight and Spike were first to be saved! Then Rarity! Then me! Then you!"

"What about Fluttershy? And Scootaloo?"

Apple Bloom sighed. "There're three floors left. Fluttershy's probably in one of them. Worst case, Eternal Rest herself guards her. And Scootaloo... Eternal Rest killed her..."

It was as if the world ended for Rainbow Dash a she stared at Apple Bloom. "She... killed... Scootaloo?"

Apple Bloom nodded.

And Rainbow Dash's expression went from shock to pure hate.

"I will kill her..."

One would say at this moment that she was already technicaly dead, but it wasn't the mood.

"Ah promise she'll pay," said Apple Bloom. "She's certainly keeping Scootaloo's ghost prisonner along with Fluttershy, Starlight Glimmer, and many other innocents who came here before us. By the time the sun rise, they'll all be saved."

Rainbow Dash was then filled with dread. "What if she killed Fluttershy and Starlight too?"

"We can't be sure until they're found," said Twilight. She then put a hoof on Rainbow's wither. "I don't know if they're still alive, but Apple Bloom will save them, no matter what. It's almost the end, Apple Bloom just finished the twelfth floor where she saved you. We won't have to wait long."

Apple Bloom sighed again. "Can ya at least wait a few minutes? Ah need rest after the fight against Blackbeard. speaking of..." At this, she went to place Blackbeard and the other ghosts she captured since last time in the crystal.

"Wait! Blackbeard?" asked Rainbow Dash. "THE Blackbeard? Captain pirate who terrorized the oceans a few centuries ago?"

"That very one," replied Apple Bloom. "He's the one who guarded ya in the twelfth floor."

"He didn't fail his reputation," said Sweetie Belle.

Little Ghost nodded. "He threatened to kill you if we didn't surrender. He had a sword just under your throat, ready to cut it. You were saved thanks to Twilight who teleported you to the caravan."

Rainbow Dash put a hoof under her throat, horrified. "Wow... Well, thanks."

"If only it was just that, but then, we had to fight his crew, and he even took possession of his ship like how Little Ghost took possession of the manor back then," said Sweetie Belle.

"A ship? In this hotel?" said Rainbow Dash in wonder.

"Eeyup," answered Apple Bloom as she finished placing the captured ghosts in the crystals. "Starting from floor six, this hotel has a lot of crazy stuff."

"Like a pyramid full of traps! Too bad you weren't there to see this," said Pinkie.

"WHAT?!"


Ding!

The doors of the elevator opened to reveal the next floor to the fillies.

A dumbbell symbole on the floor... A glass (with the dumbbell symbole) full of trophies at the left... A fountain of a Buffy lifting the world at each sides of the elevator... The arrow of the elevator shaped like a dumbbell... A frame with a picture of a stallion swimming in a pool...

«So, a floor themed after sports?» wondered Rainbow Dash. «Darn. I don't mind sport, but after all you told me, I expected something more awesome like a floor with a volcano.»

«A floor with a volcano? Seriously?» asked Applejack.

«Come on. After the desert and the ocean, it wouldn't be surprising if they found a way to put a volcano in there. At least a small one.»

"At least, it means we shouldn't have too much problems in this floor," said Apple Bloom.

"At worst, we will encounter more Buffys than usual," said Little Ghost.

At this, the fillies traversed the elevator hall and passed the only door, at the right, entering what seemed to be a lobby. Directly at their right, there was a bench beside a trash bin with a lot of magazines, and above it, on the wall, was a big bronze disk with the dumbbell symbole. In the main part of the room, in the middle, there was a check-in desk. Behind it was a huge window through which a pool could be seen.

Through the window, they saw the ghost of a very muscled brown furred, black maned pegasus stallion that was floating back and forth above the pool, looking very panicked. Then, he saw them, and he screamed in horror before he placed a big pile of towels in front of a door at the right so they couldn't enter the pool room from here.

"Poor guy. He clearly doesn't want to be here," said Apple Bloom.

"But he's forced by Eternal Rest," said Sweetie Belle.

"Well, we won't be able to reach the pool by the right," said Little Ghost as she pointed to a door just at the right of the window probably leading to a room before the pool. She then pointed to another door at the left of the room. "We will have to pass by this door."

Before that, they explored the room and especially found many bags of bits in the desk as well as some bits in the drawers at the left of the window, among towels and yoga mats. Hidden among the towels was also a key, but when they took it, several Tricksters and two Creepers appeared to stop them. However, they didn't last long against the fillies who now knew very well how to deal with them.

The fillies then used the key to open the left door and enter a locker room. In this room, Throwers attacked them from inside the lockers, but the fillies just had to open the lockers to capture them one by one while avoiding their projectiles. However, opening the lockers also revealed Mini-Tricksters and Mini-Buffys ambushed in them. The small ghosts used this to give some mean punches to the fillies, but they were quickly captured after that.

Once they were done with the ghosts, the fillies searched the lockers to find more bits in them, then walked down a small staircase leading to a second part of the room with compartments full of all kinds of balls and other sport props. At the right of the stairs was a door which, if the sign on the wall beside it was to be trusted, led to the pool. However, it revealed to be blocked too.

That muscled stallion really prepared the terrain to be sure that they would be delayed as much as possible.

In the end, the fillies had to pass by another door just in front of the stairs, and they entered a room full of weights. It also possessed a sandbag that a Buffy was hitting with big green gloves while another Buffy was lifting very heavy disk weights, three at once! When they saw the fillies enter, the Buffys stopped their activities, the Buffy with the gloves placing them in front of his face ready to punch while the other dropped two of his weights and get the third one, ready to throw it. Judging by the cracks in the center of the room, the fillies really had to avoid being hit by those weights.

The closest was the Buffy with the weight, so he was the first to attack by throwing his weight before he took another one. The fillies avoided the weight that dropped heavily on the floor and Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle used the time that it took for the Buffy to take a new weight to circle him and trap him while Little Ghost distracted the Buffy with the gloves. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle then slammed their Buffy on the other, and Little Ghost used this to trap him. The Buffy easily dragged her around, but she was quickly joined by Apple Bloom and she and Sweetie Belle finished the first Buffy.

Following their victory, the exploration of the room resulted in the discovery, thanks to the DLD, of an invisible chest on an elevated part of the room, beside one of those things were you have to grab two bars at the sides and pull them in front of you to lift weights behind your back. Not finding anything else, the fillies passed a door at the opposite side of the entrance and entered a room with a lot of conveyor belts for sport.

«This floor really isn't just sport-themed. It's a fitness center!» said Rainbow Dash.

«Yeah. You should expect to find one in any high class hotel like this one,» said Twilight. «We actually expected one from the beginning, but I'm surprised it came this late.»

Some Tricksters as well as a Buffy were using the treadmills, but stopped when they noticed the presence of the fillies. The Buffy got the good idea of taking his treadmill and throwing it at the fillies who separated to avoid it. Little Ghost then flew to join the Buffy while Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle dealt with the nearby Tricksters. Little Ghost also trapped a Trickster and slammed him on the Buffy to stop him from attacking and to weaken him. Once they had captured the Tricksters in their side, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle ran down some stairs to join Little Ghost in the lower part of the room and help her capture the Buffy who dropped a key. The remaining Tricksters were quickly eliminated.

After the fight, as they explored he room in search of any chest, they spotted one at the other side of a window, on a ledge.

"Alright. How will we get this one?" wondered Sweetie Belle.

"There's probably a passage somewhere that lead to it. Or I could simply pass through the window to get it," said Little Ghost.

Apple Bloom nodded and gave the bag to her. "Be careful, Little Ghost."

Little Ghost took the bag and passed through the window. After giving a look beyond the ledge, she opened the chest, emptied it, and returned in the room.

"Seems like the passage leading to this chest is in he next room. Thankfully for you, we won't need to use it anymore. You have no idea how high we now are."

"Looking through those windows, Ah've a very good idea," said Apple Bloom.

"Also, there was another key in the chest," said Little Ghost as she showed said key..

The door leading to the next room was at the right of the entrance, in the same wall, so the path was doing a U-turn. Of course, the door was locked, so they used the key they got from the Buffy to open it and enter a yoga room with yoga mats on the floor as well as on the right wall for some reason, some of which were rolled up. Doing yoga on these maps were more ghosts, Tricksters, a Buffy, and a Thrower. Like usual now, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle slammed the Buffy on the Tricksters while Little Ghost went to deal with the Thrower.

Once they were done with the ghosts, the fillies looked around, seeing some steam coming out of a vent above the exit door, in front of the entrance. They also could hear the distinctive sound of showers.

"The next room's the shower room, so it means the next one's the pool. But before, Ah'm curious to see how we open the secret passage leading to the exterior in this room."

"It probably has something to do with the rolled up mats on the wall," said Sweetie Belle.

"Do we unroll them?" asked Little Ghost.

"We can try, but I don't think it's the answer. It seems too obvious," answered Sweetie Belle.

And indeed, it didn't work. So Little Ghost rolled up the mats again.

"Well, I see only another possibility. It's a matching enigma. We have to roll up the mats on the floor so they match the ones on the wall," said Sweetie Belle.

And this time, it worked, and the left wall opened. Apple Bloom verified, and the passage behind it indeed led to the ledge outside.

And yes, they were VERY high. But at least, they had a very good view of the valley behind the hotel, especially of the lake. She saw also how close they were of the last floor.

Curiosity satisfied, the fillies used the key from the chest to open the exit door and enter the shower room. As they expected, there were some ghosts, a Creeper, a Thrower, and a Buffy in the three showers of the room. Because of the steam entirely covering the room, the fillies could barely see anything, but the ghosts had the same problem, so the following fight was a little chaotic. The poor Thrower, especially, wasn't able to hit anypony with his projectiles, his aim always off. As soon as the ghosts were all captured, the fillies stopped the showers to stop the steam.

But then, a Trickster that was hidding in the steam whistled loudly, causing a dozen of Tricksters and some Creepers to come and surround the fillies. But in such a small room, it was easy for the fillies to capture them in small group, by two, by three, and Apple Bloom even managed to capture four at once. Once all the ghosts were gone, they moved the towels blocking the door to the locker room.

The door to exit this room and enter the pool wasn't locked, so the fillies passed it.

But Apple Bloom then saw a cannonball coming and quickly lowered her head.

No, wait, it was just a water polo ball thrown like a cannonball.

When they looked at the origin of the ball, they saw the muscled stallion, in the pool, grabbing another ball. There was easily a dozen of those balls floating around in the pool.

"You will not get me! You hear?! I will not let myself be captured! And I will not join Eternal Rest's collection!" shouted the stallion before he threw the ball, this time at Little Ghost who flew out of the way, the ball hitting the wall behind her instead. The throw was so strong that the ball left cracks behind!

The stallion then began to throw the balls one after another very rapidly, stopping any attempt from Little Ghost to approach him from the air. Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle were forced to hide behind a board that was quickly being destroyed by the balls hitting it.

Then, Sweetie Belle jumped in the water, and the stallion panicked.

"Not fair! I can't hit you underwater!"

The guy was strong, but he was clearly limited. Instead of remaining in the water to be captured by Sweetie Belle, he flew out of it and went not far of Apple Bloom (still far enough to be out of her range) before he smashed the ground, creating a shockwave. Apple Bloom jumped above it, and Little Ghost approached him. Panicking more, the stallion flew to the other side of the pool, taking a ball on the way, and he threw it at Little Ghost who dodged it. Again, the stallion tried to escape, but Apple Bloom then fired a ball at him with her Poltergust and was able to hit him in the head, stunning him and leaving him to Little Ghost's mercy.

"Sorry mister, we've no choice," she said.

Despite being stunned, the stallion easily resisted and managed to drag Little Ghost around. After a time, he attempted to punch her, but he was hit again by a ball fired by Apple Bloom. He fell in the water were Sweetie Belle joined Little Ghost to try to capture him. Again, the stallion resisted and did a strong clap with his front hooves, propelling water like a shockwave toward the fillies. They didn't let him go despite this. Apple Bloom then jumped in the water and began to help her friends, also trapping the stallion with her Poltergust. Acting together, they then slammed the stallion around until he disappeared in Apple Bloom's Poltergust.

Little Ghost then quickly lifted Apple Bloom out of the water before she could start drowning. Sweetie Belle took the dropped elevator button to the fourteenth floor before she used a ladder to exit the pool too.

Out of the pool, once she recovered her breath, Apple Bloom said "That was easy."

"He still gave us some trouble but yeah, compared to others, he wasn't a big problem," commented Little Ghost.

"I won't complain," said Sweetie Belle who approached them. "After all those difficult fights, I don't mind an easy one. Especially so close to the end and to the certainly very hard fight against Eternal Rest."

"But before that, there's still floor fourteen, and we don't know how the ghost guarding it will be," said Apple Bloom.

"It shouldn't be worse than Blackbeard."

The fillies moved the pile of towels blocking the other door to the side and continued through the back access, a small room linking the pool to the lobby. There, they found another invisible chest thanks to the DLD. They then returned to the elevator and placed the elevator button.

Only or a certain purple ghost cat to suddenly come out of the wall and take the button before running away.

"Not that stupid cat again!" shouted Apple Bloom.

Polterpup then appeared and ran after the cat, passing through the wall to the lobby.

The fillies all gave a groan.


"What?! Polterkitty?! What are you doing there? I told you not to go after those fillies again!" shouted Eternal Rest.

"Uh oh..." said the mare with the afro.


As the fillies went to go after the cat, a purple lightning bolt suddenly striked a trash bin in the corner, giving it life. They quickly destroyed it.

"Eternal Rest! Ya won't stop us from capturing yer cat!" shouted Apple Bloom. She was answered by the whole floor darkening. "Let's go girls!"

They opened the door and reentered the lobby. Immediately, lightning striked the bench and the trash bin beside it, but they were easily destroyed by Apple Bloom bucking the bin and sending it against the bench. They saw the cat through the window, in the pool room, so they went to enter the back access room only for the potted plant beside the door to be hit by a lightning too. The plant then attacked Apple Bloom, but the filly grabbed it and slammed it, destroying the pot, before she teared it off.

In the back access room, another bin as well as the chest were hit by the lightning, and some Tricksters came to stop them. Bad move. Apple Bloom slammed one of the Tricksters on the bin and the chest to destroy them while her friends captured the other Tricksters. The potted plant that was beside the chest was then hit by a lightning too, but it suffered the same fate than the one from the lobby.

In the pool, the cat wasn't here anymore. However, two barriers were given life. The barriers being made of metal, they couldn't be destroyed that easily, but Apple bloom simply had to buck them to send them in the pool where they became harmless. Following the cat's trail thanks to the DLD, the fillies then entered the shower room.

Polterpup was waiting for them here, beside a basket full of towels. He barked once, then jumped in the basket, forcing the cat out. But before the fillies could activate their Poltergusts, a lightning striked the basket and gave it life. It then spat Polterpup at the fillies, sending Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle on their back. The cat took the occasion to pass through the wall to either the locker room or the weight room, they weren't sure.

As soon as he recovered, Polterpup went after her, leaving the fillies to destroy the basket.

In the locker room, more ghosts came to stop them while a couple of benchs took life. Like earlier, Apple Bloom slammed one of the ghosts on the benchs to destroy them. The cat, however, wasn't there, so they entered the weight room. Polterpup was there, beside the sandbag, barking. The cat could be seen poking out of the bag, angrily meowling at him to make him go away. The cat then saw them and fully entered the bag.

Giving a huff, Apple bloom took one of the green gloves left by one of the Buffys earlier and fired at the sandbag with it. This forced the cat out of the bag, but she then climbed on the lights hanging from the ceiling. Lightning striked again, giving life to two bins and to the chest in the room, as well as to a scale. At the same time, many Buffys entered the room along with some Tricksters and Creepers. One of the Buffys took the gloves while the others began to throw the dumbbells and weights at the fillies.

It was a long process to capture the Buffys one by one while avoiding the dumbbells and weights thrown, and the fillies had to let themselves being dragged many times. They also slammed the Buffys to destroy the possessed objects and stop the nearby Buffys from attacking. Whoever wasn't busy capturing a Buffy decided to deal with the other, smaller ghosts. As the fight continued and ghosts were captured, more Tricksters came, some of which were armed with stuff like bats, the smaller dumbbells, or anti-ghost cannons. Some of them even brought objects from other rooms to be possessed by Eternal Rest's power.

There were so much enemies that it wasn't rare for one of them to be hit, or downright crushed by what the Buffys were throwing, which greatly helped the fillies. Seeing this, the fillies tricked the Buffys to throw the weights at their allies a lot. Some of the Buffys answered simply by stopping to throw weights and use a more direct methode. The Buffy with the gloves had been captured for some time by then, but another took the gloves and, in the chaos of the fight, managed to punch Sweetie Belle, causing her bones to spread a little. Little Ghost also got hit by the anti-ghost cannons a couple of times, and Apple Bloom was rammed by a Buffy charging at her. Despite this, they continued the fight which became easier little by little as the ghosts, especially the Buffys, were captured, and the possessed objects were destroyed. Polterpup even helped by distracting some of the ghosts.

But when the fight was eventually over, they saw the cat passing through the wall to the locker room, and Polterpup went after her again, quickly followed by the fillies. There, they followed the cat as she walked on the lockers and closets until she passed through the wall to the lobby. More benchs were possessed, but they were quickly destroyed before the fillies entered the lobby.

In the lobby, Polterpup had managed to catch up to the cat and to stop her from escaping through another wall. Seeing that she was trapped, the cat turned into her monstrous form, damaging the desk, and attacked Polterpup who dodged the swing of her claw. The cat then went after the approaching fillies and charged at them. The fillies quickly separated to avoid her, then moved away to avoid the eratical swings of her paws as they surrounded her. Eventually, Apple Bloom was able to catch one of her tails and she slammed her until the tail was teared off.

The cat hissed, returned to her normal form, and passed through the floor. Again, Polterpup followed her.

«Most epic dog and cat chase I've ever seen,» said Rainbow Dash.

«Of course it is! The cat here can turn into a monster!» said Pinkie.

«Ah hope this time ya'll be able to capture her,» said Applejack.

"Ah hope too," said Apple Bloom as the fillies returned in the elevator.

They returned in the twelfth floor where Polterpup was waiting for them in front of the elevator doors. He barked once, then walked toward the door to the restaurant. The fillies followed him and entered the cave-like room where they could hear Rainbow marvel at it.

The purple lightning struck a lot of time in the room, turning absolutely every stools and barrels into living objects. This resulted in a lot of smashing from the fillies. More lightning striked, and this time, all the skulls in the room took life, but the fillies easily crushed them. Eventually, the fillies reached the bar at the other side of the room, and Polterpup jumped through the door to the beach. They followed him, but the beach revealed to be full of ghosts waiting for them. There were even a couple of Slappys ambushed, and all the Tricksters were armed with sabers and scimitars left by the pirates.

In the battle, the cat was accidentally dug out of the sand by the constant slamming, and she turned back into her monster-self. With the ghosts around, it was much harder to fight her, until Sweetie Belle got the simple idea of slamming a Buffy on her. Little Ghost took the occasion to catch one of the cat's tails before slamming her one the other ghosts around until the tail was teared off. The cat escaped through the floor again, followed by Polterpup, but before they could go after her, the fillies finished the remaining ghosts.

Once done, they returned to the elevator and used it, returning to the eleventh floor, the Twisted Suites.

But before they reached the floor, the elevator was suddenly stopped, and Tricksters entered it. A mere distraction that made the fillies lose a few minutes.

Once they reached the Twisted Suites, all Tartarus broke loose. All the objects that could be useful were turned into living ones. Chairs, tables, trach cans, and so on. And many, many ghosts of all kinds encountered in the hotel were present. As the fillies searched the cat, all the room had a huge fight awaiting them.

Excepted the upside down room. To their surprise, the room was now full of top hats, and one of them was moving. When they lifted it, it revealed Polterpup who was trapped under it. He barked once in thanks, then sniffed at one of the hats. The fillies lifted it, revealing the cat hidden in it. however, the other hats were suddenly lifted too, revealing ambushed Tricksters all armed with various objects. The cat used the chaos that followed to escape the room.

The Tricksters, even armed, only lasted a few minutes before they were all captured. The fillies then followed the cat's trail to the room with the stage. Curiously, on the stage, there was now one of those boxes where you trapped a pony before piercing it with swords. Polterpup sniffed at it and barked at the fillies.

So the fillies climbed on the stage and opened the box, finding the cat. Panicked, the cat took her monster form, destroying the box, and climbed on the room of the stage as lightning striked the objects in the room, giving life to almost everything. Again, many ghosts also came, leading to another big fight.

As the fillies were busy, the cat came down from her hidding place and went to claw Apple Bloom from behind, but then, Polterpup jumped on her back, distracting her as she tried to get rid of him. Apple Bloom used this to catch her last tail, and once Polterpup jumped from her back, she slammed her around until the tail was teared off.

Very scared, the cat spat the button and flew toward the ceiling to escape again.

Polterpup suddenly came out of the ceiling and caught her in his maw. All the ghosts in the room stopped fighting to look at him in horror as the cat struggled to escape.

The dog then threw the cat to Apple Bloom who activated her Poltergust, and the cat disappeared in it. Finally.

"Good boy, Puppy!" she then shouted.

All the ghosts around became very scared.

But not of her...

And then, everything began shaking, and the ghosts all flew away.

"Uh oh..." said the three fillies in worry.


Eternal Rest was absolutely enraged. Louder and louder, she growled, causing the whole hotel to shake more and more violently. Everything was also visibly darkening.

In front of her, the mare with the afro slowly flew backward, giving a small chuckle. "W-well... Uh... Guess it's my turn... Eheh... Eeeh..." She then flew out of the room just before Eternal Rest roared.


The roar could be heard in all the hotel, and the fillies didn't wait more to start to run toward the elevator as it began to look as if there was a big earthquake. Floor and ceiling began to crumble, destroying everything. By the time they reached the elevator, almost nothing was left of the floor. Little Ghost quickly placed the button in its place and pressed it, making the elevator move up to the fourteenth floor.

For a while, the hotel continued to shake, probably taking huge damage because of it.

Thankfully, it eventually stoped.

Apple Bloom took a big breath to calm herself, then smirked. "Still think this is just a game, Eternal Rest?"

Author's Note:

Names: Deep End
Age when dead: 32
Time of death: 17 years ago
Cause of death: Stabbed in the heart
Info: Deep End was a great sportif who specialized in aquatic sports. Many times champion, he was also a great instructor who trained many of today's greatest sportifs. With the Wonderbolts, he was the pride of Cloudsdale. Sadly, such great career easily causes jealousy, and Deep End was eventually killed, stabbed in the heart by one of his rivals.