• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,488 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,488

Unnatural History Museum

In the caravan.

"So, how was it to be an actor, Bloom?" asked Applejack.

"It's special, and fun, but Ah'd have prefered without all the dangers. Especially the traps."

"I'm curious to see the end result," said Spike.

"Well, first, we've to capture Eternal Rest so Director Cut could finish the movie without risks," said Apple Bloom.

"Eight floors left," said Sweetie Belle. "We are halfway."

Apple Bloom sighed. "Ah'm worried about Scootaloo. Who knows what that witch did to her."

"And the others," said Twilight. "Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Starlight Glimmer. We got lucky with Rarity, I don't know if we will have that luck with them... After Gorros and Green Hoof, I'm really fearing the worse."

"And Director Cut told us that the ghost of the next floor will be a powerful one," said Little Ghost. "What will we be up against?"

"With our luck, we'd be up against the ghost of that old bearded stallion. Uh... Ah forgot his name," said Apple Bloom.

"Starswirl the Bearded?" proposed Twilight.

"Yeah, hi-"

"Oh my gosh! If you fight his ghost, then please, could you ask him his autograph?"

"Darling. If they fight Starswirl the Bearded, then if he is like you described him, he will certainly be hypnotized. I don't think he will be disposed to give an autograph. At least, not before we defeat Eternal Rest," said Rarity.

"You are right. Starswirl would never lower himself to work for somepony as evil, not willingly," agreed Twilight. "Well then, once Eternal Rest is defeated, I will ask him myself!"

"That's if that Starswirl guy is there, which we ain't sure. It's just a guess," said Applejack.

"We'll see soon enough," said Apple Bloom as she got up. "Ah'm ready to continue."


Ding!

The doors of the elevator opened, and the fillies immediately understood where they were when they saw a skeleton of a pterosaur hanging from the ceiling above: a museum.

A museum inside a hotel. After the castle and the movie studio, they weren't that surprised. What took them by surprise, however, was Twilight's high-pitched squeal that suddenly came from their communication devices.

«Oh my gosh! A museum!» she shouted.

«With dinosaurs!» shouted Spike as excitedly.

«Calm down, ya two, ya'll turn Apple Bloom deaf,» said Applejack.

Not minding the mares, the fillies advanced to the front desk where the hall separated into two hallways that turned so they passed beside the elevator, at both sides. There were what you would expect in that kind of museum: skeletons and fossiles of extinct animals including dinosaurs, lonely bones, some ancient eggs, old tools and artefacts, and even ancients flowers.

Through the window, they could see that a storm was beginning, lightning flashing sometimes which gave the museum a very gloomy atmosphere among all those remains of dead animals.

"Do you think we will fight the ghost of a dinosaur?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Maybe?" answered Apple Bloom.

"Bah. You already fought the ghost of a dragon. It's not a dinosaur that will scare you," assured Little Ghost.

"Ah never said that Ah's scared."

Taking a direction in random, they passed by the right, traversing a hallway with a lot of giant bones against the walls, and some ancient flowers. As it turned to the right, joining with the other hallway behind the elevator, they passed beside a giant fossile before they ended in front of a curtain which was hidding another hallway.

Passing the curtain, they discovered that the hallway led to a big room with the skeleton of a T-Rex, the skeleton in a roaring pose.

"Oooooh!" said the fillies in awe.

The infamous Tyrannosaurus Rex. There were so many stories about them. Seeing the skeleton of one of them sure left an impression, especially with that pose.

Then, lightning flashed through the windows.

The skeleton had changed pose, looking as if it was curiously staring at them with its left eye!

The fillies became as still as statues.

"You saw like me, right? It moved?" whispered Sweetie Belle .

"Yes, it moved, ya ain't crazy," answered Apple Bloom, also whispering.

"What do we do?" asked Little Ghost.

"We've no choice. We continue," answered Apple Bloom.

"But we fight ghosts, not skeletons of dinosaurs," said Little Ghost worriedly.

"We'll find something, like against the piano," replied Apple Bloom.

"Why are we whispering?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Because we're scared. That ghost knows how to do their job correctly," answered Little Ghost. "So, we go?"

The others nodded, and they advanced.

Then, just before they entered the room with the T-Rex, lightning flashed again, and the skeleton was now looking down at them threateningly, mouth open, as if it was about to attack.

The fillies had to use all their courage to not turn tail. Seeing that the skeleton was attached to a pole helped.

"I note this ghost ten out of ten. A real fear master," whispered Little Ghost to lighten the atmosphere.

Lightning flashed again. The skeleton didn't move, but on its head, a certain pink pony suddenly appeared, to everypony's surprise.

Pinkie Pie was now there, sitting on the head, not moving. Her mane was straight, hidding her face as she looked down.

«Uh oh... Straight-maned Pinkie Pie's never good...» said Applejack.

As if to confirm her, Pinkie Pie slowly began to move a hoof into her mane and pulled out a crossbow while a mysterious pink light appeared in the skeleton' s rib cage. Then, the skeleton began to move, slowly rising to its full height while looking down at the fillies.

Then, Pinkie Pie pointed her crossbow at Apple Bloom, and the skeleton roared.

Pinkie then fired a bolt at Apple Bloom while the T-Rex stomped violently the ground to make two pterosaures drop their eggs and parts of the ceiling fall, not able to reach the fillies since he was stuck because of the pole. Apple Bloom quickly jumped to the side to avoid the bolt, then jumped again to avoid a piece of the ceiling. Then, the T-Rex roared, firing a a wave of sonic energy at her!

Sweetie Belle quickly pushed her out of the way before shouting "What can we do to destroy it?!"

Apple Bloom recovered from the push and quickly rolled to avoid another bolt from Pinkie Pie before she looked at the T-Rex. She then looked around and stared at the eggs and at the pieces of ceiling that fell.

"Ah'm sure we can fire those at it with our Poltergusts!" she said as she pointed at the elements in question.

Little Ghost nodded. "Yes! Good idea! And the pink light must be its weak point! It's certainly the point from which the ghost is controling it!"

"Then let's fire at it!" said Sweetie Belle. "At least, it can't move. It will be easy."

Little Ghost was the first to reach one of the pieces of ceiling, Apple Bloom being too busy dodging the sonic waves and the bolts from Pinkie Pie. Using her Poltergust, she grabbed the piece of ceiling, waited the right moment, and fired at the pink light. The T-Rex, however, caught the piece in its jaw and began to crush it. Then, Sweetie Belle fired one of the two eggs at the light, and this time, the T-Rex could do nothing to stop it.

It worked. As soon as the egg hit the light, the T-Rex was destabilized. Losing its mind for a moment, it fired sonic waves randomly, destroying one of the pterosaures, while trashing around the pole, destroying the columns at both sides with its tail before it recovered its senses and faced the skeleton filly, Pinkie Pie still on its head targetting Apple Bloom.

The T-Rex fired a sonic wave at Sweetie Belle. Then, seeing Little Ghost approaching a piece of ceiling, it fired a continuous sonic wave at her, forcing her to constantly move and not be able to pick up the piece of ceiling. Meanwhile, Pinkie took a second crossbow from her mane and used them alternatively at Apple Bloom, not leaving the filly any respite.

Seeing this, Little Ghost flew toward Pinkie Pie while still avoiding the sonic waves. When she came too close, the T-Rex tried to bite her, and she dodged before she began to circle the pink mare. Again and again, the T-Rex tried to bite her, moving its head erratically to get her, and because of it, Pinkie had a harder time targetting Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle then fired a piece of ceiling at the pink light, but again, the dinosaure caught it in its jaw only to be hit by the second egg that Apple Bloom could fire now that she didn't have to constantly dodge Pinkie's bolts.

Again, the T-Rex was destabilized and it violently trashed. Roaring, it violently moved its head, causing Pinkie Pie to lose balance. Then, with a sudden jerk of the head, it sent the pink ponie in the air above it. It then opened its mouth, ready to bit her as she was starting to drop back toward it. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle could only look in horror, but thankfully, Little Ghost was able to catch her. All that dropped were the crossbows that the T-Rex crushed in its mouth.

Apple Bloom quickly took the Dehypnotist as Little Ghost dropped Pinkie in front of her, and she used the small device to free the pink mare.

Pinkie rubbed her head with a small groan. "Wow... Last night's party must have been very hard..."

Before the fillies could say anything in return, the T-Rex roared again, then pulled, pulled, and pulled!

The pole broke, causing the T-Rex to slam itself against the wall at its right.

"Oh... Horseapple..." said Apple Bloom.

The T-Rex turned toward her, then roared.

"Oh! A dinosaur! Hello Mr Dinosaur! Unless, you prefer Mr Rex? Rexou? Rexy?" said Pinkie as she waved at the dinosaur.

The T-Rex charged, mouth open.

"Move, Pinkie!" yelled Apple Bloom in panic as she took Pinkie's hoof and pulled. Little Ghost helped her by pushing Pinkie, and they moved just in time to avoid the mouth of the T-Rex snapping shut where Pinkie's head was just the previous second. In its momuntum, the T-Rex slipped as it tried to turn to follow the ponies, and it slammed itself into the two raptor skeletons at the right side of the room, destroying them.

The T-Rex recovered and ran after Apple Bloom and Pinkie Pie. As it passed beside Sweetie Belle who was about to fire another piece of ceiling, the T-rex gave a sudden swipe of its tail. taken by surprise, the skeleton filly was destroyed, her bones sent flying in a mess.

"What a meanie!" shouted Pinkie as she and Apple Bloom ran down the hallway back to the one surrounding the elevator.

"It's possessed by a ghost that wants us dead!" shouted Apple Bloom at her.

"It's not very nice."

They turned to the left, the t-Rex just behind them. Again, the T-Rex slipped as it tried to turn, and it slammed itself against the back wall of the elevator.

"Eternal Rest, the headmistress of this hotel, works for Thanatos! And all the ghosts there work for her!"

"Oh, I see! So Eternal Rest attracted us to her hotel to trap us! Then, when we slept, she captured all of us and is forcing you to climb the hotel floor by floor to save us in another of Thanatos' 'Death Games'! And the T-Rex was guarding me!"

"Eeyup! That's exactly what happened! We already saved Twilight, Spike, and Rarity! Applejack wasn't captured! And Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost're helping me!"

"What about Scootaloo?"

After a small moment of silence as they passed in front of the doors of the elevator, Apple Bloom answered. "Eternal Rest killed her. Her ghost's now in her hooves. She probably added her to her 'collection'."

Pinkie was scared to ask, but she asked anyway. "What collection?"

"She forcefully binds ghosts to dolls for her to torture for eternity."

Pinkie looked at her in horror just as they returned at the intersection leading to the exposition room. Here, Little Ghost and a reconstituted Sweetie Belle were waiting, each armed with a piece of the destroyed raptors. As Apple Bloom and Pinkie Pie passed them, the skeleton and ghost fillies fired. Again, the T-Rex caught the first piece in its mouth, but got hit by the second, causing it to trip and fall.

Apple Bloom quickly turned around and used the occasion to climb on the T-Rex' skull before moving on its backbone, strongly clinging to it as the dinosaur got back up.

«What are ya doing, Apple Bloom?!» yelled Applejack as the T-Rex began to trash to get the filly off of it.

"Keeping it distracted! Come on, girls! Fire something at the light! Quick!"

Her friends nodded. "Wait for us! We've to get something first!" shouted Little Ghost.

"No need!" shouted Pinkie Pie from behind them as they heard rather heavy stuff being dropped. Looking back, the fillies saw a small pile of eggs, pieces of skeletons, and other things at her hooves. "Ammunitions ready!" she shouted with a salute.

"Good job, Pinkie!" shouted Sweetie Belle in thanks before the two fillies each grabbed something with their Poltergusts and fired at the dinosaure. It wasn't easy because of the dinosaur constantly moving to get itself rid of Apple Bloom, but every now and then, they managed to hit the pink light, damaging the T-Rex as it was losing its ribs.

After a few hits, the skeleton stopped trashing and fired a sonic wave at the fillies and at Pinkie Pie who had to run away to avoid it. But then Apple Bloom grabbed one of the remaining ribs, teared it off, and used it to stab the pink light from the skeleton's back. the T-Rex restarted trashing around, forcing Apple Bloom to cling again, then slammed itself against a wall in the hope of getting itself rid of her. But she held on and stabbed the light again.

She stabbed, and stabbed, and stabbed!

The T-Rex lost control and ran down the hallway back to the exposition room, slamming itself against the walls at the left and the right, but Apple Bloom continued to cling and to stab. But when the t-Rex slammed itself into a skeleton of a stegosaurus, the shock was finally too much for Apple Bloom who was sent flying.

When she landed, she quickly recovered and faced the T-Rex who got up, terribly weakened. She was still holding the rib. Then, with a roar, the T-Rex charged at her, and she charged at it. As they approached each other, the T-Rex opened its mouth wide, ready to bite, but then, Apple Bloom jumped right into it! The T-Rex was so surprised that it closed the mouth too late, and she was in it in one piece, unharmed. She then moved down what was once the throat and entered the rib cage, or what remained of it, and she stabbed the pink light.

The light disappeared, and the skeleton stopped moving before it crumbled into piece.

As Sweetie Belle, Little Ghost, and Pinkie Pie ran to the remains, Apple Bloom got up and shook her head. "Ah ain't doing this again anytime soon!"

"Apple Bloom!" shouted Sweetie Belle. "That was the craziest, stupidest thing ever!"

"The coolest too!" said Little Ghost.

"Mmh... I'm split," said Pinkie Pie. "Well, I will just say that I agree with both. It was crazy, stupid, cool, reckless, awesome, risky, scary, jaw-dropping, fooli-"

"Alright. Ah understand. Worst idea ever but totally worth it. It's the best way Ah found to finish that T-Rex."

«Ya'd have waited yer friends! What were ya thinking?! Don't become like Rainbow Dash!» yelled Applejack.

"Come on! Ah did crazier stuff. I fought a whole possessed manor by myself, remember. Jumping in the mouth of a T-Rex skeleton's nothing compar-Uh?" Hearing something, Apple Bloom interrupted herself and looked back at the remains of the T-Rex.

From them rose the ghost of a huge yellow earth pony stallion with brown mane and tail. His fur and hair were very disheveled, and it looked like it never went to a dentist seeing the state of his teeth. One of them was even sticking out. The pony really looked wild... and dumb too.

They could hear Twilight gasp. «A cavepony!»

Everypony's jaws dropped. What were the chance of encountering a ghost so old? This hotel was one surprise after another!

The cavepony grabbed a huge bone from the remains of the skeleton and held it like a club before turning to them. He was clearly angry, but they could also see some respect from him when he looked at Apple Bloom. Her stunt certainly impressed him.

"You not so weak filly! You brave and strong! Ooga wants smash you even more! Will be great fight! Me Ooga! Ancient chief of great Hard Head Tribe! Now chief of Ooga order Ooga to smash filly! Filly and friends prove great adversaries! Now, Ooga fights yellow and red filly like in old tribe tradition!"

"Uh... What tradition?," asked Apple Bloom.

Ooga pointed his bone club at her. Then, suddenly, Sweetie Belle, Little Ghost, and Pinkie Pie were thrown out of the room by an invisible force. Ooga then raised his bone club and a wave of ghostly energy spread to the room. Everything darkened, and torches suddenly appeared on the walls while ghostly spears appeared to block the exit, stopping everypony that was thrown out from coming back, even Little Ghost. Silhouettes of caveponies then appeared on the walls, between the torches, and began to play on drums.

Ooga pointed the bone club back at Apple Bloom. "You greatest warrior! You fight Ooga alone! To death! Will determine greatest warrior between filly and Ooga!"

Apple Bloom exchanged a look with her friends through the spears blocking the exit, nodded, and looked back at Ooga, pointing the handle of her Poltergust at him. "Very well, Ooga! Ah'll show ya what we, Apples, are made of!"

Ooga grinned, then raised his bone club that began to glow red before he slammed it on the floor. This created a great shockwave that spread to the whole room, destroying every remains of skeletons and pieces of ceiling. Apple Bloom jumped to avoid it, then immediately ran toward Ooga. She jumped to the side to avoid a smash of his club, then activated her Poltergust on him, trapping him in its vortex. Despite this, Ooga managed to resist and attacked Apple Bloom again, first smashing again with his club that Apple Bloom avoided with another side jump, then doing a spin at ground level that the filly dodged with another jump.

Growling, Ooga did something unexpected. He grabbed the Poltergust by the handle, then used it to slam Apple Bloom on the ground.

"Arg!"

Ooga quickly readied his club to smash her while she was down, but Apple Bloom rolled out of the way, got up, and reactivated her Poltergust on Ooga. The cavepony tried to grab the handle again to do like earlier, and Apple Bloom had to stop sucking him and jumped back. Ooga also flew back, then threw the bone club at Apple Bloom, the club spinning in the air. She lowered her head to let it pass, then went to attack Ooga again, only to be hit on the back of her head by the club as it flew back at the cavepony. As she rubbed her bump, Ooga tried to attempted to smash her again, and she plunged under him, ending up behind him.

All the while, her friends cheered from behind the spears, Pinkie Pie having even gotten a cheerleader uniform from somewhere.

Apple Bloom was forced again to move back to prevent Ooga from grabbing her Poltergust, and again, Ooga threw his club at her. This time, she got an idea and caught the club in the vortex of her Poltergust before she spun to throw it back at Ooga, hitting him on the head and stunning him, giving her the perfect occasion to greatly weaken him.

After a few seconds, however, Ooga recovered his senses and grabbed his club that began glowing red before he attacked Apple Bloom. The filly quickly jumped back to avoid being smashed, then jumped again to avoid the created shockwave, only to be punched on the face by Ooga. She was sent rolling with her muzzle starting to bleed, but she was able to recover mid-roll and quickly lowered her head to avoid another punch. She then moved under him and immediately reactivated her Poltergust, actually managing to catch Ooga's ghost tail, trapping it in the hole.

Still resisting despite this, Ooga actually used this to slam Apple Bloom again with his ghost tail, but Apple Bloom didn't let go this time, gritting her teeth. Used all her strenght, Apple Bloom pulled and slammed Ooga despite his size, then slammed him again. In turn, Ooga attempted to slam Apple Bloom another time, but the filly let go of the tail, simply causing her to be sent a few meters away where she did a roll before getting on her hooves.

Ooga's bone club then glowed red again, and he smashed it, creating a shockwave. This time, he immediately followed it with another smash, creating another shockwave, then did a third smash, and a fourth, and a fifth... In the end, Ooga did about a dozen shockwave, and Apple Bloom managed to jump above all of them. Seeing this, Ooga went absolutely berserk and rapidly smashed the ground in blind rage, and the resulting shockwaves were too close from each other for Apple bloom to be able to jump above them. So she ran to a wall and jumped at one of the torches that appeared at the beginning, grabbing it and using it to hang above the shockwaves, out of harm's way.

When Ooga saw this, he stopped smashing the ground and charged at her, spinning with his bone club still glowing red.

"OOGAAAAA SMAAAAAASH!!!"

Just before Ooga hit, Apple Bloom used the torch to jump above the ghost, and Ooga smashed the wall, blowing a huge hole to the exterior of the hotel in it. Apple Bloom landed behind him, then caught his ghost tail in her Poltergust again before she slammed him. Taken off guard, Ooga accidentaly threw his club in the air, and it fell back right on his head. Stunned because of it, he couldn't resist being slammed again and again.

After a few slammings, Ooga managed to recover enough to feel that he was losing strenght and being sucked into the Poltergust. He tried to cling at something on the ground, anything to stop being sucked, but there was nothing to help him excepted his bone club that he managed to grab. He then turned around to face Apple Bloom and smash her, but it was too late and he disappeared in the Poltergust, dropping the bone.

The room immediately returned to normal, the torches and silhouettes of ponies playing drums disappearing while its normal brightness returned. The ghostly spears also disappeared, letting her friends enter the room.

Apple Bloom looked at the handle of her Poltergust, proud of herself. "Eh. Guess Ah'm the greatest warrior."

She was then tackle hugged by Sweetie Belle, Little Ghost, and Pinkie Pie, the four of them ending in a pile on the floor. They all congratulated her, including the ponies back in the caravan.

Sweetie Belle then looked at her bleeding muzzle and shouted "Oh my gosh! You're bleeding! We must return in the caravan right now! You need some heal!"

"Wait. What about the elevator button? Ooga didn't drop it."

"Oh! I have it!" said Pinkie as she took the button out of her mane and showed it to Apple Bloom. "Tadaaa! I found it in my mane while you were fighting!"

Apple Bloom read what was written on it. "'B2'... Wait, it's the button to the second basement? The boilerworks?"

Pinkie looked at the button. "Yeperonie! Seems like it!" She put the button back in her mane. "But first, to the caravan!"


"Well, there go Dumby," said the pirate.

"Not our Oogy Boogyyyyy!" cried the triplets.

"Good riddance. He was really annoying me," said the bandaged mare.

"You're mean!" shouted the triplets at her.

"Welp. Guess it's mah turn," said the stallion with the overalls. "Goodbye ev'rypony. It's fun while it lasted."

"Uhuhuh. Are you really that pessimist?" asked the bandaged mare.

"Haven't ya seen what we all just saw? The Apple filly defeated Ooga in duel. Ah ain't giving much of mah chances against them. Not that Ah won't try. Ah'm workin' in the boilerworks after all. Maybe Ah'll be lucky."

At this, the stallion left.

The mare with the afro then turned to the pirate. "You heard him. You're pretty much our last hope. So don't lose. I don't want to face those fillies."

The pirate guffawed. "Good one! As if I'd lose to mere fillies, as strong as they're!"

The bandaged mare crossed her hooves in annoyance. "You seem to forget about me. I am not a pushover."

The mare with the afro shrugged. "We'll see soon enough if you're right. You're next after Ducky."

"I'm cheering for you, Queeny!" shouted the buffed stallion, making the bandaged mare roll her eyes.

Author's Note:

Name: Ooga
Age when dead: 47
Time of death: At least 100 000 years ago
Cause of death: Devoured alive by a hydra
Info: Ooga was born in the Hard Head Tribe and revealed to be a great warrior before even reaching maturity. Confident in his strenght, he challenged the chief in a Death Duel and won, becoming the chief of the tribe at only 15 years old. Under his rule, the tribe prospered, and the chiefs of the other tribes knew to not try anything against them. Many fools tried their chances against him in Death Duels, but lost. What cost him his life was his overconfidence in his strenght, leading to him trying to fight a full grown hydra. It ended as anypony would expect.