• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,488 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,488

Garden Suites

Ding!

The elevator reached the seventh floor and opened, and the fillies exited it, entering a room with a lot of greenery. There were some trees, some water beds in the corners, and more flowers in hanging pots against the walls.

"Uh. Seems like a floor for ponies who like flowers," said Sweetie Belle.

«How lovely! Fluttershy would love it!» said Rarity.

Apple Bloom frowned. "This gives me bad memories of the Haunted Towers."

«I see what you mean, but I don't think there will be any carnivorous plants,» said Twilight.

«Ya seem to forget that just a few minutes ago, they're in a castle with spikes and swinging axes and a freaking coliseum!» said Applejack. «Carnivorous plants're almost a given!»

"Neat..." grumbled Apple Bloom.

"If we encounter a carnivorous plant, we will deal with it. Don't worry," reassured Little Ghost.

They went toward the hallways exiting the room they were in, discovering that there were more than beds of flowers with some trees. This hallway was absolutely covered in them, as well as in shrubs!

"Whoever's in that floor must really love plants," commented Apple Bloom. "It's like an indoor garden."

"So, after the castle floor, the garden floor. Okay. Why not. It's better than the lava floor that I had in mind," said Little Ghost.

«This would have been cool,» said Spike.

"But lava is hot, not cool," said Sweetie Belle with a giggle, gaining some groans and a few laughs.

«Sweetie, please, leave the jokes to Pinkie,» pleaded Rarity.

If she had a tongue, Sweetie Belle would have stuck it out.

However, as they advanced...

Ssssssss...

"Uh? Did ya hear that?" asked Apple Bloom, ears raised.

Then, a snake jumped at her from the shrubs, and with an "Eep!" she swatted it midair with the handle of her Poltergust.

«AAAAAAAHHHH!!!»

«Come back, Twilight! The snake is KO'd!» shouted Applejack.

«It's not even in the caravan!» shouted Spike.

While they calmed the alicorn, Apple Bloom said "That's a first..."

"Maybe you should go behind me and Sweetie Belle. We have nothing to fear from snakes," advised Little Ghost, and Apple Bloom nodded.

Sweetie Belle wasn't that sure. "Uuuuh... I don't know..."

"Hey." Little Ghost tapped Sweetie's skull. "Your bony body risks nothings. It's like with the mice and the spiders, don't fear them."

"Okay..."

Following the hallway as it turned to the left, then to the left again, they encountered a few more snakes as well as some mice and even some bats hanging upside down from the trees, and some crows on them. From the first turn, tall grass covered most of the floor, leaves covered more and more of the walls, and the ceiling was almost covered by the branches of the trees.

They eventually reached the end of the hallway, just behind the elevator, and a double door was here. When they opened it, they were awed by the huge room that was behind.

The room was like a tower! There were staircases leading to a total of seven walkways, four at the left and three at the right, each probably leading to rooms! And there were huge windows in the in front of the fillies all the way to the top! The room was as covered by plants as the hallway, and there were even crows nested in the grass who flew away when they entered.

"Woah..."

"It really reminds me of the Haunted Towers," said Apple Bloom.

"Hey! Look!" suddenly shouted Little Ghost who pointed toward the center of the room. Here, on a pedestal beside the first staircase, was the elevator button to the eighth floor!

"Already?" asked Sweetie Belle surprised.

Apple Bloom was suspicious. "Smells fishy... There's always something."

«Yeah. Be careful,» said Applejack.

Slowly, the three fillies advanced toward the pedestal without anything happening. No traps activating. No ghosts ambushing them. All the more reasons for them to keep their senses in alert. It was too good to be true.

It was only when Apple Bloom reached the pedestal and went to grab the button that something happened: a red watering-can floated out of nowhere and began to water a little plant beside the pedestal. Then, the plant suddenly grew, forming a carnivorous plant that immediately went after Apple Bloom's hoof. The filly quickly retracted her hoof, and the plant instead took the button.

The ghost responsible of this then appeared, revealing himself to be a green earth pony stallion very old. He was bald, but possessed a long bushy white beard and eyebrows, and possessed round brown glasses, a large yellow hat with a flower, and a dark brown coat with saddlebags.

Laughing at the fillies, he watered the plant again, a lot, and it grew, and grew, and grew all the way to the top of the room, causing some destruction on the way with its now giant vines.

After looking in awe at the now gargantuan carnivorous plant, the fillies stared at the old stallion in rage as he laughed again. Still, just in case, the stallion floated out of range of their Poltergusts.

"Greetings, little ladies. I'm doctor Green Hoof, and I'll be the one ending your ascension of this hotel. Please, give me some fun."

His presentation done, he disappeared.

Apple Bloom growled. "Ah already hate him." Then, she thought about something. "Wait a minute. A formula that can make plants grow suddenly..."

«Like in the Haunted Towers,» said Twilight.

Apple Bloom remembered. The Haunted Towers belonged to the Flower Sisters (nothing to do with the Flower Sisters from Ponyville, other Flower Sisters, the three ghosts that she fought in the graveyard), but there was a room belonging to a mysterious fourth being. One...

"Doctor Green Hoof, the Gardener..."

The Sisters told her about him. Doctor Green Hoof was a mad stallion with a serious fascination to plants, especially carnivorous ones. The towers actually belonged to him before the Sisters, who were his nieces, came here to live with him. He was a genius, being the one who developed this famous instant growing formula and all the other stuff that were found in the laboratories. He only tolerated the presence of his nieces however, and never let anypony else enter the towers. A real hermit.

And the guy was REALLY mad. Secretly, he foalnapped animals and ponies and fed them to his plants, and he had no mercy, not even to foals. When his nieces discovered about this, he didn't hesitate to feed them to the plants too. He only cared for his plants. He was only stopped when he finally died of old age, because nopony found out about his actions.

It was not long after his death that the towers were transported to the Valley, but strangely, his ghost never followed.

Well, now she knew why.

As for his victims, they continued to haunt the Towers. They were among the ghosts who attacked her on the terrace of the Treacherous Mansion. Now, they were all her friends. And they all told her about how the old stallion was cruel.

Well isn't that great? She will not only get to send another jerk to Tartarus, but she will also give justice to those poor ponies!

"So, girls, we're up against a mad doctor who loves to feed ponies to his plants. There'll certainly be a lot of carnivorous plants, and poisonous plants, and whatever else this guy created."

"Mmh... Maybe we should return to the castle floor and get some swords," proposed Sweetie Belle.

"No need. When we'll encounter the plants, we'll tear them off with our Poltergusts in red mode, or throw any furniture available at them."

«If only Zecora was with us. She could have warned you about which plants to avoid approaching,» said Twilight.

"We'll have to do without her. We'll make sure to remain on the grass. Or at least, we'll avoid going near any unknown plants."

Sweetie Belle looked up toward the top of the giant plant. "That's quite the climbing... Probably with a lot of traps."

"And we will pass them like we passed the traps of the castle floor," assured Little Ghost. "And this guy will be in Tartarus before he knows it."

"Darn right!" said Apple Bloom. "Let's go, girls."

Following Apple Bloom, the group climbed the first staircase leading to the first walkway. There, the door to the room was covered with ivy, not like it mattered. They continued to the second staircase, only for Green Hoof's red watering can to suddenly appear and to water a vine of the giant plant, causing another huge vine to grow and to destroy the stairs while Green Hoof's laugh resonated.

While Apple Bloom growled, Sweetie Belle shouted "Great! What now?!"

"I can transport you," proposed Little Ghost.

Apple Bloom pointed at a liana hanging from a liana further up. "We can use it to go to the other side. Look." She pointed at the vine that just grew, then at another vine going to what remained of the stairs at the other side of the hole. "We walk on this vine, use this liana, then walk on that other vine."

Balancing on a liana made Sweetie rather excited, but also scared. At least, it wasn't too far of the floor, so the fall would be short if she failed.

Apple Bloom was the first to go. After walking on the vine and reaching the point nearest of the liana, on a giant leaf, she used the Poltergust to bring the liana to her. Once she could reach it, she caught it, then let herself go. She reached the other vine with just one swing.

"I'm with you," assured Little Ghost to Sweetie Belle.

The skeleton smiled to her, then, after some hesitation, did like Apple Bloom and caught the liana. Again, she hesitated a few seconds before she let go, and she couldn't stop a shriek from escaping her as she was swinging. Contrary to Apple Bloom, it took her a few swings before she convinced herself to release the liana, prompted by Apple Bloom assuring her that she will catch her if she missed the vine. In the end, she didn't need to worry and she landed on the vine.

"Good job, Sweetie Belle," congratulated Apple Bloom.

"I-i-if I had a heart, it would be beating as rapidly as Scootaloo's wings when she tries to fly."

Apple Bloom giggled. "If it can reassure ya, Ah'd to learn that kind of stuff alone. And ya don't risk to die, ya're already dead."

"It was still scary."

"Hey!" then shouted Little Ghost as she joined them. "At least you have a backbone." She winked. Some ponies groaned again. Sweetie Belle giggled. "You will need it now that you're part of the team."

They continued, returning on what remained of the staircase. At the top, they had to move around what looked like giant pineapple plant. Judging by the more normal-sized pineapples present around it, it really was a giant pineapple plant.

Some ponies would question why there were pineapples. The fillies just passed it as a quirk of Green Hoof.

However, the walkway was destroyed, and this time, no vines or liana could be used to pass the hole. However, they could see a hole in the wall the other side, meaning that there was maybe a way by the room which, lucky enough, wasn't blocked.

The room was almost entirely covered in grass, vines, and other overgrown plants, to the point that the door leading to the next room, at the left, was covered by a wall of leaves.

Aaaand there was a couple of carnivorous plants there, the same kind than back in the Haunted Towers.

"Welp, we knew it's bound to happen," said Apple Bloom.

"Couch at our right, ready for launch!" said Little Ghost.

One of the plants tried to eat Apple Bloom who quickly rolled out of the way, then she went toward the couch with the others.

"Launching the couch in 3..."

They passed their Poltergusts to red mode.

"2..."

They pointed the Poltergusts toward the couch.

"1..."

They activated the Poltergusts.

"GO!"

They threw the couch at the plants, crushing them.

"Launch successful! Good job, girls!" said Apple Bloom, giving hoofbumps to her friends.

But then, Sweetie Belle saw something behind Apple Bloom. "Watch out, Apple Bloom!"

Apple Bloom immediately reacted and bounced away, barely avoiding being impaled by a garden fork. The Trickster holding the fork cursed, and a second Trickster holding a shovel attacked Sweetie Belle. The skeleton parried it with the handle of her Poltergust, and Little Ghost trapped both ghosts with hers back in yellow mode. After a couple of slamming, they were captured.

"Thanks, Sweetie."

No ghosts came after those two, and the fillies used the Poltergusts to tear off the leaves from the door. After emptying the machines, and opening a chest beside the bed to get some more bits, they passed it, entering a bathroom.

The Bathroom had, among the leaved and vines, a lot of pink flowers covering the walls and the ceiling, and there were piles of petals covering the ground. Like in the previous room, two carnivorous plants were present, and a wall of leaves covered the hole in the wall leading back to the walkway.

This time, there was nothing they could throw to crush the carnivorous plants, so they had to carefully approach them before using the Poltergusts in red mode to tear them off the ground one by one. Three Tricksters also came armed with forks and shovels also came while they dealt with the plants, so while Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost finished the last plant, Apple Bloom captured the ghosts. During the action, the petals were scattered everywhere in the room, revealing a drain, but also a snake hidden in them that tried to bite Apple Bloom, but she simply slammed a ghost on it to knock it out. Once they were done, Little Ghost went to see if there was nothing under the drain, and found a small secret room with a treasure chest that she emptied.

After tearing off the leaves covering the hole, they returned on the walkway. But, as they climbed the staircase to the next walkway, Green Hoof appeared again and watered a small pineapple, turning it huge! The pineapple was then launched toward the stairs by its plant, and Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle quickly moved to avoid it as it bounced on the stairs and passed above them. The pineapple plant immediately grew a new pineapple and launched it too. Green Hoof laughed as the fillies tried to avoid being crushed by the giant pineapples, but then saw Little Ghost approaching and quickly flew.

Little Ghost tried to destroy the plant, but it was too big for her. "I can't tear it off alone!"

"We're coming!" shouted Apple Bloom as she avoided another pineapple before finally reaching the plant with Sweetie Belle. The three of them then used their Poltergusts in red mode to tear the leaves of the plant one by one.

"Crushing me with giant pineapples is probably the weirdest attempt to kill me that Ah got," commented Apple Bloom.

"The weirdest would have been trying to crush you with giant apples," said Sweetie Belle.

"It was almost that. You just remove the 'pine' and you had it."

"It would've been ironic," finished Apple Bloom with a giggles.

They discovered that the walkway was blocked by a thorny vine, but again, a hole in the wall led to another bathroom, this one also covered in thorny vines as well as brown leaves forming piles. However, the door to the room linked to this bathroom was also fully blocked. No way to pass this one.

"Ok, what now?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom looked around in search of a solution, but not finding anything. "Ah don't know..."

«Hey, you see that vine ending in the toilet?» said Twilight. «I think it's the one blocking the walkway outside.»

"Uh." Apple Bloom walked back and forth between the bathroom and the walkway to verify, and confirmed what Twilight said. "Ya're right. So if we pull the vine from there, it'd unblock the walkway."

"But how do we do it? It's stuck in the toilet," wondered Little Ghost.

"Look, the toilet is all crackled," remarked Sweetie Belle. "We could destroy it, somehow..."

«A good buck should be enough,» said Applejack.

Apple Bloom nodded and bucked the toilet, effectively destroying it and freeing the end of the vine. She then caught the freed end of the vine with her Poltergust and began to pull. "Girls..."

Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost understood what she wanted, and they each grabbed the handle of Apple Bloom's Poltergust before they began to pull with her. Little by little, they managed to bring the vine into the room, starting to unblock the walkway.

But then, three Tricksters armed with forks suddenly came out of the piles of leaves and attacked the fillies while they were still pulling. Apple Bloom quickly stopped and rolled away, avoiding one of the forks, and her friends did the same before they captured the ghosts, each trapping one at the same time. Once the ghosts were gone, they finished pulling the vine.

But then, Apple Bloom remarked some leaves moving alone as if something invisible was moving, and immediately activated her Poltergust at the exact position where they moved, catching a Creeper. More leaves moving revealed the presence of at least two more Creepers in the room, and one of them crept behind Little Ghost and tried to grab her, but she quickly flew away before she turned around and caught the Creeper. The last one was caught by Sweetie Belle as it tried to creep behind her, following the moving leaves. But then, a Buffy came out of the pile of leaves in the bathtub and blindly charged toward Apple Bloom, leaves covering his head. As Apple Bloom was just finishing capturing her Creeper, she couldn't avoid being tackled. With a roll, she quickly recovered and circled the Buffy who began to blindly swing his arms around in hope of hitting her, and when she managed to creep behind him, she trapped him. She was quickly joined by Little Ghost when she finished her own Creeper, and together, they quickly captured the Buffy.

With a nod, Apple Bloom assured her friends that she was alright, then the three of them returned on the walkway now unblocked. As they advanced, they saw that the door to the room here was blocked by a giant vine, but didn't mind, instead beginning to climb the stairs to the next walkway.

Again, Green Hoof appeared and watered a pineapple. This time, the plant was able to launch two giant pineapples directly one after another, making it even harder for Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle to climb the stairs without being crushed. Once they managed to reach the top, they destroyed the plant, then continued only for the walkway to be destroyed by a newly growing giant vine.

The fillies groaned before they entered the room there, having seen a hole in the wall the other side like below.

The room was even more covered in grass than the others, and there were also many vines wrapped around the furniture and blocking the door to the bathroom. Also present were no less than five carnivorous plants, and because of the vines, they couldn't hope to throw something like the couch to crush them.

As the fillies prepared themselves to fight the plants, Apple Bloom then saw something among the vines, under the table, and with a gasp followed by a big smile, she quickly ran to it.

"What are you doing, Apple Bloom?" asked Sweetie Belle as her friend began to pull apart the vines around the table.

"Getting a precious object that'll help us a lot!" answered Apple Bloom.

«Is that?» asked Rarity.

«Yep. It is,» answered Twilight.

«Apple bloom, are ya sure? It's dangerous!» said Applejack.

"It's okay, AJ!" replied the filly as she took the object with a big smirk: a buzzsaw. "Ah can totally use that thing! No problem! Not the first time using something like that!" She pulled the wire, activating the machine which began a big racket.

She then charged toward the nearest carnivorous plant, and said plant attacked her only for Apple Bloom to use the buzzsaw to cut the head vertically, killing it. Another plant tried to eat her, and she dove under its head before she cut its stem. One by one, the plants were destroyed, and her friends stomped the ground to applaud the show.

"That was amazing, Apple Bloom, even if the way you were smiling was a little scary," said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah. You reminded me of that cook with the chainsaw you captured."

"Sorry, it's just very satisfying to cut stuff with that thing," said Apple Bloom. "But Ah'm not done yet. Ah spotted a chest on top of the bed." As she said it, she approached the bed, then began to cut the supports, eventually causing the top to collapse and the chest to fall. "Ah'm keeping it!" she finished before stopping the saw.

«It will be hard to move around with that thing while also capturing ghosts,» said Twilight.

"But we'll certainly need it again," countered Apple Bloom. Getting an idea, she took the handle of the buzzsaw with her mouth, then emptied the chest before they went toward the door to the bathroom, mouthing "Let's go," as best as she could. However, as they approached the door, a vine suddenly came out of the wall and wrapped itself around Apple Bloom before tightening. Almost yelling in pain, she threw the saw toward Sweetie Belle, Little Ghost not able to use it because of her shield.

Quickly, Sweetie Belle took the saw, activated it, and used it to cut the vine and free Apple Bloom. Another vine came out of the wall, and the fillies quickly escaped to the bathroom, only to discover that it was full of giant watermelon, and there were too some weird bulbous plants that were suspicious. The vine followed them in the bathroom and accidentally touched one of the bulbs, causing it to expulse a cloud of spores that was certainly toxic. The fillies quickly went away from it, and Apple Bloom used the saw to cut the vine as it went for her.

But then, some Tricksters appeared, and two more vines came from the wall.

"Okay. Little Ghost, ya destroy those bulb things! Sweetie Belle, ya deal with the Tricksters! Ah'll deal with the vines!"

Following what they were told, Little Ghost went toward the nearest bulb. Thinking of how to destroy it, she grabbed it, teared it off the ground, then quickly threw it through the window. She repeated this action for all the bulbs. Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle, not hesitating to walk in the toxic clouds, not risking to be poisoned, went after the Tricksters. She trapped one, and slammed him on the others. However, this caused some of the bulbs to expulse spores. Apple Bloom quickly returned to the previous room to avoid the spores, and cut the vines from there. One of the vines, however, went after Sweetie Belle and stopped her from catching the Tricksters. Having no choice, Apple Bloom held her breath and returned in the bathroom to cut it and free her friend. No more vines coming, Sweetie Belle finished the ghosts while Little Ghost threw the last bulb. She then turned her back to the window and sucked the spores that her Poltergust then expelled out, cleaning the air for Apple Bloom.

"Good idea Little Ghost, thank ya."

"That's crazy. This gardener is giving us more troubles than all the other ghosts," said Little Ghost.

"With how he's controlling plants, it's not surprising," said Sweetie Belle. "Plants are very effective." She then looked toward a giant watermelon blocking the hole back to the walkway. "Apple Bloom, we will need your saw."

"On it."

With her saw, Apple Bloom cut the giant watermelon into piece, freeing the way. Once she was done, they passed the hole, only to see that the staircase to the next walkway was destroyed.

Little Ghost sighed. "Again and again, our path is blocked."

Apple Bloom eyed a vine starting from the walkway that was rolled up. "And again and again, we find alternate paths." She used her Poltergust to expulse air on the vine, unrolling it. Walking on it, she quickly passed the saw to Sweetie Belle when more vines attacked them, and she continued to unroll it while Sweetie Belle used the saw to cut the attacking vines. The vine eventually finished just as it reached another vine that led to another rolled up vine. She unrolled it too, and it reached all the way to a giant leaf just above the walkway they were on earlier, and all the way, more vines attacked them. Then they carefully walked on another vine against the wall until reaching a liana that they had to use to reach another giant leaf. A final vine led them to the walkway they couldn't reach earlier where a last vine attacked them.

There, they could enter the room, but having no reason to, they continued their path to the next staircase, that one intact, and no giant pineapples trying to crush them this time. They were almost at the top! But then, Green Hoof appeared again and watered the giant plant, causing more vines to grow. A first one came through the floor almost directly under the Apple Bloom, and she barely avoided the fall thanks to a last second jump. The fillies were forced to escape back on the staircases as more vines destroyed the walkway, then the staircase itself. A vine still manage to send Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle toward a weakened wall beside the door beside which they passed earlier, and a small part of the wall collapsed on them.

Apple Bloom popped out of the pile of debris and yelled "BUCK YA GREEN HOOF!!"

«Ah'd say language, but he's really starting to irritate me, too,» said Applejack.

«And this time, there is no way to continue!» complained Rarity.

"I don't think so," said Little Ghost as she pointed at the room that was behind the now destroyed wall.

This room was covered in vines to the point that a big part of the ceiling had collapsed, revealing the small space that was generally between the room and the one above, with the rafters, and another small in its ceiling certainly led to the room above. Another particularity of this room was that there were some giant mushrooms: one just in front of the bed, and one in a small chariot. Also, they certainly couldn't have entered the room earlier because a vine was blocking the entrance, and another was blocking the door to the bathroom.

"Okay, but how do we climb?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Well, those mushrooms look like the kind that you could bounce on."

"Ah'm not sure we can bounce on them..."

"We can try!" shouted Sweetie Belle before she ran toward the mushroom near the bed. She jumped on it, and she bounced high in the air to the point that she could land on the top of the bed where there was a treasure chest. "It worked! And it was so fun! Oh! There's a chest!"

"Really?! Give the bag, Bloom!"

"There," said the apple filly as she gave the bag. She then pointed at the other mushroom in the small chariot. "Meanwhile, Ah'll move it so we can reach that vine here." She pointed at a vine against the wall just above the entrance. The vine went to the rafters.

"Ok!"

So while Little Ghost and Sweetie Belle emptied the chest, Apple Bloom moved the chariot near the vine blocking the entrance. Once her friends came back, she then jumped on the mushroom, and was able to bounce all the way to the targeted vine. Sweetie Belle quickly followed her. Now on the roof of the room, they walked on what little past was left until reaching another mushroom under the hole to the room above. They jumped on the mushroom, and landed in the room, finally reaching the last level of this floor.

It seemed like this room was Green Hoof's room. There were a lot of pots piled, a hammock made of ropes, and even a board with leaves pinned on it. A giant leaf was covering the entrance door. With a big evil smirk, Apple Bloom activated the buzzsaw.


Room destroyed, Green Hoof's personal chest hidden on the top of the bed emptied of all its gold, the fillies passed the door and reached the last walkway.

Or what remained of it... That is to say, not much. All that remained were two platforms, the one on which they were, and another from which a rolled up vine started. To continue, they had to suck another rolled up vine starting from a vine facing their platform to unroll it and be able to walk on it. However, as soon as they put a hoof on the vine, another vine attacked them. Apple Bloom quickly cut it, and the ones that followed it while they continued until they had to use another liana.

With a huff, Little Ghost dropped her shield on the vine, then took the saw from Apple Bloom. With their ghost friend dealing with the vines, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle could use the liana without risk, and they landed on another vine. It wasn't long before they had to use yet another liana to reach another vine against the opposite wall which they then had to unroll to continue. The vine led them to a giant leaf on a beam against that same wall, and they had to use yet another liana, this one letting them finally reach the flower of the giant plant.

There was quite the number of crows flying around it, and vines continued to attack them. Little Ghost quickly gave the buzzsaw back to Apple Bloom and went to retrieve her shield while Apple Bloom used the saw to cut the vines, and when she had the occasion, she cut the mouth of the plant to free the elevator button. Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle kept an eyesocket for Green Hoof, looking around for a floating red watering can.

Eventually, Apple Bloom managed to cut the mouth enough to free the button and grab it, but because of another attacking vine, she dropped it, and the button began to roll to the edge of the flower. Seeing this, Sweetie Belle quickly went after it shouting "Nonononono!" Little Ghost also went after the button and was about to reach it before it could fall only for it to be snatched before her eyes by a carnivorous plant in a pot held by Green Hoof.

"Uhuhuhuh! Congratulation! You reached the top! For nothing!" he said before he flew down back to the base of the plant.

"OH, COME ON!!!" yelled Sweetie Belle.

"Welcome to mah world... Again..." said Apple Bloom as she finished the last vine.

"Don't tell me we will have to retake the path all the way back!"

"No need. Do you love toboggans? There's one wrapped around the stem all the way down," said Little Ghost as she pointed at something under the flower from beyond the edge. "Come first, Sweetie Belle. We will see if it can be reached."

"Yeah, and if we can't, I will fall."

"And at least, you won't die, contrary to Apple Bloom. That's why you are first to go."

"Great..."

It turned out that she could reach the toboggan, which was actually a vine, but she first had to go to one of the smaller petals of the flower, then let her weight make it bend down. After clinging to the petal for dear life, she eventually let herself go when she saw that she was just above the vine, and she slipped all the way down, quickly followed by Apple Bloom. During the descent, the fear quickly let place to the fun, and by the time they were back at the base of the plant, they were laughing like any fillies having fun doing toboggan.

But the laughter didn't last long once they saw Green Hoof who was waiting for them with a small army of carnivorous plants that the old stallion grew while they were climbing.

"Uhuhuhuhuh! You are just in time for dinner, my little darlings are really hungry. They're dying for some fresh meat."

Apple Bloom huffed, then activated her buzzsaw. "They sure are dying..." She then suddenly jumped to the nearest carnivorous plant and cut its stem. "but not for the same reason."

Green Hoof huffed. "It won't change your fate. My darlings are too many just for you. Eat at your pleasure my darlings! In the menu tonight: a filly!"

At his words, all the plants began to attack Apple Bloom, the ones too far growing their stem to reach her. Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost quickly join her to help her, Sweetie Belle bonking any plants approaching too much from behind with the handle of her Poltergust while Little Ghost bashed them with her shield. Some of the plant decided to try to eat Sweetie Belle. Yes, she was just a skeleton, but a skeleton in a stomach could still be digested even if it wasn't as nutritive as a filly made of bones AND flesh. However, none of the plants attacked Little Ghost. It was impossible to eat a ghost, after all.

But Green Hoof didn't mind. He knew that the instant Apple Bloom died, the game would be over, and Thanatos himself would come to take his new slaves, and they could do nothing against him. All it would take was one of his plants to devour her, and it would be over.

But she was still annoying with her shield. He didn't want to do this, it was really improper, but heck, to assure his victory...

Green Hoof took a portable cannon from his brown coat exactly like the one Cruller possessed, and fired at Little Ghost. The filly ghost really wasn't expecting this, and took the energy beam in the back. She gave a loud shriek of pain, then fell on the floor among the plant corpses.

Despite this, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle continued to fight, Sweetie Belle even grabbing one of the plants that had been cut at the stem and spinning it around her, hitting many of the plants this way and even damaging some, which greatly helped Apple Bloom. Eventually, Little Ghost recovered and gave Green Hoof the stink eyes as she restarted bashing the plants. Seeing this, Green Hoof fired again with the cannon, only for her to deflect the beam with her shield right back at the old stallion. Taken off guard, Green Hoof took the beam on the face and fell in pain.

When he recovered and got up, it was with shock that he saw the last of his darlings get cut in half. The only one who remained was the one in the pot beside him, the one that he used to take the elevator button.

"What? How...? You shouldn't have been able to kill all of them!"

"Teamwork!" simply answered Apple Bloom as she began to approach the old stallion. "Ya folks working for Eternal Rest always seem to underestimate it."

Green Hoof quickly grabbed the pot, and faced it to her, the plant snapping its jaw at the filly. "Stay back! Or you will be fertilizer for my dear little..."

Apple Bloom beheaded the plant.

"Flora..."

Apple Bloom dropped the saw, then grabbed the handle of her Poltergust and pointed it at him, her friends doing the same. Then, they activated them, and they trapped Green Hoof without giving him any hope to escape.

"AAAAAAHHHH!!! PLEASE ! HAVE MERCY OF AN OLD STALLION!!!" he pleaded.

"Like hay we'll give ya mercy when ya'd none to the ponies ya fed to yer plants! Not even yer nieces! They'll be happy to hear that ya finally got what ya deserved! An eternity in Tartarus!"

With a final scream, Green Hoof disappeared inside Apple Bloom's Poltergust, dropping the elevator button to floor eight.

Sweetie Belle sighed in relief. "Glad this is over."

Apple Bloom took the button. "He really was annoying. Ah hope the next one won't be as problematic."

"Please, don't jinx us."


"Welp, the old fool failed. So much for showing us," said the stallion in overalls with a laugh.

"Uhuhuh. He showed us that he was incompetent," said the bandaged mare.

"So, the next one is Director Cut, right?" asked the muscled stallion. "Who has the popcorn? I can't wait to see what movie he will come up with against those fillies."

"A horror movie!" shouted one of the triplets.

"No! An adventure movie!" shouted another of the triplets.

"Nonono! This will be an action movie!" shouted the last triplet.

"Horror movie!"

"Adventure movie!"

"Action movie!"

As the triplets started bickering, some of the ghosts groaned.

"Look what you have done..." said the mare with the afro to the muscled stallion.

Author's Note:

I moved the first scene of the chapter "Castle Gorros" at the end of "Mezzanine Part 2". I judged that it had a better place here.

Name: Green Hoof
Age when dead: 107
Time of death: 46 years ago
Cause of death: Heart attack (old age)
Info: Doctor Green Hoof was a genius who loved the plants, and worked all his life for them, researching them, creating them. Older brother of a fraternity of two, he inherited the familial mansion (which were actually two towers, but that's beyond the point), and he turned it into a real heaven for plants as well as his laboratory where he did many ground breaking researches that he sadly never shared with the scientist comunity. However, while he had all the love for his plants, he had none for all other beings including other ponies, and didn't even hesitate to use them as plant food. The only ones that he cared a minimum were his little brother and his nieces... for a time...