• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,487 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,487

Tomb Suites

After a good bath to get rid of the horrible smell of the sewers, the fillies took the elevator to the tenth floor after placing the elevator button leading to it.

Ding!

The doors opened, and the fillies saw what kind of floor awaited them, and Apple Bloom groaned. She recognized the design of the room, they were from the pre-somnambulan civilization of the San Palomino Desert. The same one that the tomb under the Old Clockworks came from. And who said pre-somnambulan civilization said traps. Already, before even exiting the elevator, she spotted in the center of the elevator hall a triangular decoration protruding out of the floor, and she feared that it could be a pressure plate.

«Ooh! Too bad Dashie isn't here! It would've reminded her of Daring Do!» said Pinkie Pie.

«This hotel is really full of interesting floors,» said Twilight.

The fillies entered the elevator room but, at Apple Bloom's words, avoided approaching the triangle. When they entered the room, to their surprise, a torch in each sides of the elevator suddenly turned on by themselves. After examining the room to see if there was anything that could be triggered by a trap, Apple Bloom then slowly approached the triangle only for Sweetie Belle to move in front of her.

"Let me test it. I'm already dead, I risk nothing."

"Okay."

So Sweetie Belle advanced and stepped on the triangle. As they expected, it revealed to be a pressure plate that sank in the floor. Then, the central piece of the four pillars in eacg corners of the room suddenly turned, revealing holes from which snake heads came out and each fired an arrow.

"Eep!"

Sweetie Belle quickly ducked, and two of the arrows passed above her, but two still managed to hit her. Well, one actualy passed between her bones while the other planted itself in one of her ribs. Arrows fired, the snake heads disappeared back in their holes that returned behind the pillars.

"Well Apple Bloom, you were right, it was a trap," said Sweetie Belle as she got up and looked at the pillars, fearing another attack from the snakes.

"Uh... You have an arrow in your rib," pointed Little Ghost.

"Oh." Sweetie Belle looked at her ribs and saw the arrow. She said "Thank you," before she removed it.

After this, the fillies continued. Like most elevator halls, this one had a hallway at the left with tapestries on the walls with drawings in the style known to this civilization, with animals and ponies drawn entirely in profile and the ceiling was drawn to look like the night sky with the constellations. The fillies kept an eye on the floor to avoid walking on any potential traps, Sweetie Belle at the head.

Near the end of the hallway, at the left, there was a door with sand coming from under it. They had to use their Poltergusts to move some of the sands before they could open it.

When they saw the room this door led into, their jaw dropped.

It was easily the biggest room they saw until now, the kind of room you would usually find in a castle for bals or big banquets. But there, the room contained a huge artificial desert, and the ceiling was a really well made optical illusion so it looked like there was a real night sky inside the room. And most impressive of all, there was a big pyramid in the center of the room, and a small oasis could even be seen in the back at the right. The only thing that showed that they were still in a room inside the hotel was the presence of vents in the wall expelling sand.

«Mo-ther of Celestia...» said Twilight in clear awe.

«Wowee! They sure don't do things in half in this hotel!» said Applejack.

«I have the impression to be in San Palomino Desert,» said Rarity. «Really impressive. If this hotel wasn't rulled by a real witch trying to kill us, it would deserve more than five stars.»

«And the big baddy of the floor must be in the pyramid,» said Pinkie Pie. «But you should explore first! Who knows what treasures you will find burried in the sand?»

That was a good point. So the fillies explored the room in search of treasures. They quickly discovered that the real floor of the room wasn't burried far in the sand, so there weren't much places where treasure chests could be burried. Mainly under sand dunes, so this is where they mainly searched. Thus, they found a treasure chest under a dune in the left, under a sand castle (because there were sand castles a little everywhere for some reason). A suspiciously empty alcove in the wall in the back of the room revealed an invisible chest.

In the right side of the room, they weren't that lucky. they found mainly burried vases as well as a lamp and a giant statue of a snake, and the oasis revealed to be a cardboard cutout that ghosts used to ambush them. The cardboard cutout did reveal however a chest hidden behind it. Outside of the chests, they mainly found lonely bits here and there. And all the while, they had to deal with regular attacks of ghosts hidding in the sand, of all kinds encountered in this hotel excepted Slappys (the ones with two tongues).

When they were done exploring the room, they returned in front of the pyramid and began to wonder how they could enter, the entrance being blocked by a snake sculpture. Each sides of the sculpture, there was the statue of a pharaoh mare holding a snake scepted. Apple Bloom quickly remarked that the statues weren't holding their scepter in the same angle, and she understood that one of them had to be moved.

"Ya see those statues? Ah think we must move the leg holding the snake of one of them."

"Okay. Apple Bloom, you don't move from there is case there's a trap. I will try to move the left one while Sweetie will try to move the right one," instructed Little Ghost.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle nodded, and the skeleton moved to the right statue. Both Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost then tried to move the statues' leg holding the snake scepter, and Little Ghost was the one who were able to move hers. The statue's leg was lowered until it was parallel to the floor like the other statue's leg. The statue's eyes then glowed, and the snake sculpture blocking the entrance of the pyramid lift up without any trap being triggered.

This revealed a door that let them enter the pyramid which revealed to contain only one chamber with sarcophagus in the center, surrounded in each corner by four torches. There was also sand around the sarcophagus, and an altar in the back of the room with some bits. In the corner was a closet, and there were some vases here and there as well as a sofa in the left. Somehow, a window was letting moonlight bath the sarcophagus despite the fact that there wasn't any window in the room outside.

«Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! A real tomb of a pharaoh! Quick! Open the sarcophagus!» shouted Pinkie.

"Are you crazy?" asked Sweetie Belle. "Haven't you heard of the curse of the pharaoh? I don't want to be cursed!"

«It's not a real tomb,» said Twilight. «it's a copy of a tomb made for the hotel. You won't get any curse by opening it. However, you may find a mummy...»

"Yeah, we'll avoid opening it..." said Apple Bloom. "Ah don't want to be attacked by a mummy."

"But what do we do now? There's no trace of the ghost guarding this floor, and there's nowhere else to go," said Little Ghost before she looked back at the sarcophagus. "Maybe we really must open it."

"Uh... Maybe there's a secret passage?" said Sweetie Belle, not wanting to open the sarcophagus.

"Yeah. Let's try to find a secret passage first. Pyramids're full of them," said Apple Bloom.

"What about the bits?" asked Little Ghost.

"Ah suppose we can take them since it's a fake tomb..." answered Apple Bloom, insure.

However, beside the bits and some more gold found in the vases and the closet, the fillies found nothing as they explored the room. They had to face it, opening the sarcophagus was the only thing they could do. So they gathered beside it, and prepared themselves.

Only for the lid of the sarcophagus to suddenly begin move, slowly, to the side. The fillies didn't dare to move as an orange transparent leg came out and placed itself on the side of the sarcophagus. Then, the head of an unicorn mare came out, looking at them with a charming smile.

"Eheheheheh. Hello little ones. Don't you know it's bad to enter the tomb of somepony, never less the one of a queen? Now, I will have to punish you. Uhuhuh. Be ready to suffer my curse."

Seeing that the mare was just a ghost, Apple Bloom readied herself to attack her. "Whatever curse ya've doesn't scare me!"

The mare then fully rose from her sarcophagus, revealing herself. She was orange with a black mane styled like one would expect from a mare pharaoh. Her body was partially bandaged, and she also possessed some royal clothing and ornaments. Despite the bandages, she was really beautiful.

«Uh oh... Queen Leyla Rahfa...» said Twilight.

Before Apple Bloom could ask Twilight about this, Leyla chuckled and said "You will not die from my hooves..."

Suddenly, a trapdoor opened under the fillies, and Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle fell in it. Little Ghost remained floating there, but whhen she saw the queen licking her lips, she didn't dare fighting her alone, so she followed her friends in the hole.

They fell all the way though a giant room under the pyramid and into a sand pit. Thankfully, the sand cushioned their fall, but now, they were in a round room plunged in darkness where they could see almost nothing without their lamps. All around them, there were sculptures of snakes in the walls with some chains hanging from the ceiling. A lot of big black spiders where in the room, ready to trap Apple Bloom in their web to feast on her blood. Some real snakes also came out of the sand to bit. And so, barely they recovered from the fall that the fillies had to fight spiders and snakes. Thankfully, thanks to their Poltergusts, it wasn't problematic.

Once all the spiders and snakes were killed, knocked out, or had run away, the fillies sat down to think.

"How can we get out of here?" wondered Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom looked up at the hole through which they fell in this pit. "This hole's too high..." She then looked around at the snake sculptures. "Maybe one of those sculptures hides a secret passage? Let's check it out."

Thus, the fillies separated to check the sculptures. While they did it, Apple bloom began to talk to Twilight.

"So, Twilight, who's this queen... Uh... Leyla..."

«Leyla Rahfa, the Snake Queen. She was a queen of the pre-somnambulan civilization well known for her beauty, but also for her cruelty. Thanks to her beauty, she attracted stallions as well as mares from everywhere. She... Hum... She did 'things' with them, and when she got bored of them, she threw them to the crocodiles. She also loved to create dissensions, especially if it was to get herself rid of ponies she didn't like or that were in her way, so she manipulated ponies with her words to lead them to kill each others. It's through her beauty and her manipulations that she managed to become queen in the first place. Her reign didn't last long however, because she was quickly poisoned by somepony.»

"No wonder she's known as the Snake Queen. A real snake," commented Apple Bloom. "Verdict, girls?"

"Eternity in Tartarus," said both Sweetie Belle and Little ghost.

"Alright! Time to put the snake in cage."

"Hey! I think I found something!" suddenly shouted Sweetie Belle. "There's a statue half burried in the sand there!"

Apple Bloom and Little Ghost joined Sweetie Belle and indeed spotted the head of a statue similar to the ones in front of the pyramid, the rest of its body burried in the sand. Quickly, they used their Poltergusts to move the sand out of the way and reveal the rest of the statue. Like the left statue in front of the pyramid, this one had the leg holding the snake scepter raised, and they pulled it down. It's eyes glowed, and one of the snake sculptures rose, revealing an exit. However, sand also began to fall from the hole in the ceiling and fill the room. So, rapidly, they pushed some sand into a pile to reach the exit and enter the secret passage.

However, in the secret passage, as they climbed a slope, they walked on a pressure plate that caused three snakes statues at the end to fire arrows continuously. Thankfully, the arrows passed above their heads, but if they continued to climb the slope, unless they crawled, they would be hit. But this didn't worry Little Ghost and Sweetie Belle who advanced in search of a way to stop the arrows. They found a rope in a small passage in the left, and they pulled it, causing a wall to be lifted in front of the snake statues. They had to keep holding the rope until they were joined by Apple Bloom, and they released it, freeing the statues. They then just had to climb a ladder to the next level, trying not to mind the spiders present on the walls.

At the stop of the ladder, there was nothing but an open sarcophagus against a wall. With some hesitation, they entered it, and the sarcophagus closed on them before spinning and releasing them in the big room they fell through earlier.

It was a really impressive room with a giant headless statue at their right. Already, they could see that the exit was on its right wither. No way to reach it unless they could fly like Little Ghost. Beside the exit, there were three other doors at their level: one at their left, one at their right in the statue, and one in the opposite wall. In both sides of the door in the giant statue were two slopes with giant round boulders at their top, and in the center of the room was the hole through which they fell to the sand pit, sand actually flling in it from the trapdoor through which they fell in the ceiling. Finally, there was another statue of Leyla as well as a golden statue of a cat and about a dozen sarcophagus against the walls, and some vases on spaces above said sarcophagus. Again, the fillies could only look in awe at seeing such a room, especially in a hotel.

But they were interrupted by mummies suddenly breaking out of the sarcophagus.

Apple Bloom sighed. "Of course..."

"Uh... Apple Bloom? What do we do?" asked Sweetie Belle worriedly as they moved away from a mummy that came out of the sarcophagus just beside the one they came from.

Thinking quickly, Apple Bloom spotted pressure plates beside the central hole. She then looked at the boulders, then at the mummies, then back at the pressures plates, and got an idea. She ran toward the nearest pressure plate and stepped on it. The giant statue then slammed its left hoof, causing the corresponding boulder to roll down its slope. Apple Bloom quickly ran out of the way as the boulder, against all physical laws, did a full circle around the central hole, crushing all mummies on its way, before returning in its places at the top of the slope. All crushed mummies released a ghost, Trickster or Creeper, but there were many mummies remaining. But a few seconds later, the boulder restarted rolling even if Apple Bloom didn't step on the plate.

"Girls! Ya saw this! Try to assemble the mummies in the path of those boulders!" instructed Apple Bloom while she captured a Trickster.

Her friends did as she said, but it revealed to be harder than first thought because they also had to deal with the ghosts, especially the Creepers who were really annoying, and all the while they had to watch out for the boulders to not be crushed. Because of this, the destruction of the mummies was a slow and very risky process, but eventually, they were all crushed (forming a really big mess on the floor) and all the ghosts coming out of them were captured.

"Ah really didn't miss fighting mummies," said Apple Bloom.

"But using the traps against them... Good thinking Apple Bloom," said Little Ghost.

"I hope we won't fight more mummies, they were really scary," said Sweetie Belle.

Since they couldn't find anything to reach the exit, they decided to try the other doors, starting with the one at the left of the sarcophagus they came from. This door led them into a room full of sand with some stones, and a statue was visible in the opposite left corner, on an elevated platform. They saw however that the ceiling was covered in by four chains ending in the walls, no doubt stopping it from falling. Yeah, this whole room was clearly a trap. Still, they decided to see if there was a mean for them to reach the exit there, so they went to the statue in the corner. In the way, they had to fight more snakes.

However, when they reached the platform and approached the statue, it suddenly sank in the ground, and the hole was covered by a small pyramid. Then, a piece of wall suddenly appeared and blocked the exit while three new platforms came out of the sand. Out of those platforms came three snake statues that then began to fire a laser toward the wall above the exit, just beside the first chain. Slowly, the three lasers then moved toward the chain and began to burn it.

"Uh oh. Quick girls!" shouted Apple Bloom.

"What do we do?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Suddenly, the first chain broke, and the lasers began to move toward the next one. No losing time, Apple Bloom went toward the first platform in the center of the room that was the lowers and easier to reach, and she bucked the snake on it. The snake spun and returned in the platform that lowered to its previous position.

Seeing this, Little Ghost flew to one of the two remaining platforms and gave the snake on it some thwacks with her Poltergust. Meanwhile, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle used their Poltergusts to push sand beside the third platform to form a pile so they could climb on it. As a second chain broke however, Creepers entered the room to interfere with them, and Apple Bloom left Sweetie Belle continue to push sand to fight them. as the fight started, Little Ghost finally managed to stop the second snake from firing its laser. She was, however, grabbed by a Creeper who clawed her, and she had to deal with him, leaving Sweetie Belle to stop the third snake. Apple Bloom did everything to stop the Creepers from attacking the skeleton as she finally climbed on the platform of the third snake, and as the third chain broke, she bucked it, stopping it.

The statue then reappeared in the corner of the room, and as Apple Bloom finished the last Creeper, Little Ghost went to pull its leg down, lifting the wall blocking the exit.

"Okay, that's good, but what did it do?" asked the ghost filly.

"Well, let's return to the big room and see if it did anything," said Apple Bloom.

Back in the big room, they saw that a spiraling snake sculpture had appeared and was now partially covering the central hole.

"What?"

"Oh! I see!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle. "We must pass the traps of the three rooms and activate the levers they're guarding to plug this hole. Then, the sand will start to fill the room, and we will have to use it to reach the exit."

"It's really like being Daring Do," commented Apple Bloom. "Alright then. Two rooms left."

They decided to go to the room at the opposite side, but first, they had to deal with a Buffy and some Tricksters trying to stop them. Fighting those ghosts wasn't a problem usualy, but the boulders still were regularly rolling, so they had to be much more careful, so they mainly tried to fight in the corners of the room.

Once all the ghosts were captured, they entered the room. In it, they quickly saw the spiked ceiling. There was also two holes from which sand began to come. There was a lot of gold in this room, including what seemed to be golden weights. Two of said weights were on a lowered part of the floor in the center of the room, and in the wall at their right, there was a succession of eight images of animals forming an arc of a circle. Under it, there was a small pillar with a round hole in which there was also an image of an animal, and there was a button under it. Also, in the four corners of the lowered part of the floor, there were golden snakes, mouths open, clearly ready to fire arrows.

The image in the hole was a crocodile, exactly like the fifth image starting from the left. The other images were, in this order: a rabbit (sort of, it was hard to say), a pony, what looked like a deer, a lion, a camel, a rhinoceros, and an elephant.

The fillies exchanged worried looks, then Apple Bloom went to press the button. When she pressed it, a golden arrow suddenly moved on the arc of circle only to stop at the fourth image, the lion. The tablet with the image of the lion then spun, revealing a red cross before it spun again to put back the image. The four golden snakes then fired arrows toward the center of the lowered part of the floor, hitting nothing.

At this moment, the two growing piles of sand began so big that sand began to fall in the lowered part. Little by little, it lowered further. Having a hunch, Apple bloom pressed the button again, and this time, the golden arrow stopped at the fifth image, the crocodile. The tablet containing the crocodile image then spun to reveal a green circle before spinning again.

Then, a wall dropped in front of the door to block it, and the spiked ceiling began to slowly move down while the crocodile image in the hole was replaced by the third one, the deer.

gears turned in the fillies mind despite the beginning of a panic. So the lowered part was a scale, and in fonction of how much weight they put on it, it moved an arrow to one of the images.

With two golden weights, the arrow stopped at the fourth image.

With two golden weights plus some sand, the arrow stopped at the fifth image.

Now, they had to make the arrow stop at the third image.

"Apple Bloom, try to move a weight from the scale. Little Ghost, can you make sure that no more sand go on the scale.

"Okay."

"Eeyup."

The weight was heavy, but Apple Bloom managed to push it out of the scale. Immediately, Sweetie Belle pressed the button, and the golden arrow stopped at the third image, the deer. The tablet of the image spun, revealing the expected green circle.

"As I thought. A weight moves the arrow by two images," said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, that's little foal maths. Even Scoot would've found out," said Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle looked back at the hole in the pillar, seeing that the represented image in it was now the elephant.

"So, elephant, eighth image. We need the four weights, no sand," she instructed.

The fillies immediately moved to get the weights on the scale. Once the four weights were on it, they then sucked the sand out of it, and Sweetie Belle pressed the button.

The golden arrow moved to the elephant. Green circle. The ceiling then returned to its initial position while all the tablets spun to let green circles appear, signifying that it was over. The hole in the pillar then closed, and the pillar entered the wall, letting its place to a statue that came out of the ground. Sweetie Belle then pulled down the led holding the scepter, lifting the wall blocking the door. When the fillies exited the room and returned in the big one, they saw that a second snake sculpture had appeared in the central hole.

Only one left to block it.

Again, ghosts appeared to stop them, a Buffy and a dozen Mini-Buffys and Mini-Tricksters, as well as some Creepers. A Slapper even appeared in front of the last door to block them. The Buffy was the most annoying, as usual, but he was very useful to hammer the other ghosts and stop the Creepers in their creeping. One of the creepers still managed to grab Sweetie Belle and to hold her in place to be punched by the Mini-Buffys, but she was quickly saved by Apple Bloom.

The last room, accessed by the door in the giant statue, was rather small and bare, just possessing some vases. Sand was partially covering the floor too. However, a green circular hole was present in the opposite wall, and a blue, cross-shaped hole was present in the left wall. Searching in the sand, the fillies found a glass orb glowing green. Little Ghost took it and placed it in the green hole, lowering the wall into the floor and revealing a second part of the room.

However, when they entered this second part, another wall lowered in front of the entrance door, blocking it, and a purple gas suddenly started to come out of the holes in the room, filling it. When she breathed this gas, Apple Bloom discovered that it was poisoned as she started violently coughing in pain.

"Apple Bloom!" shouted her friends, including the ponies back in the caravan.

"Cough! Cough! Don't worry for me! Cough! Quick, we must find what fills those holes!" she shouted between coughs.

Nodding, the fillies quickly worked to suck the sand and find the glass objects corresponding to the holes to block them. There were a total of six holes pouring the gas. Two yellow triangles, two red squares, and two green circles, so they had to find six glass objects of the corresponding shapes. Half of the objects were easily found in the sand, but the other half was hidden inside objects, like an orb inside a sarcophagus and a cube inside a treasure chest. The last object, a pyramid, was the hardest, because it was hidden inside one of the many vases hidden in the sand of the room. By the time they found it, Apple Bloom was barely standing, and Little Ghost quickly insered it in the last hole. When the last hole was blocked, vents began to suck the gas out of the room, saving Apple Bloom. The wall with the holes also opened, revealing a last part of the room with the statue.

The fillies took some minutes to let Apple Bloom recover, Twilight even appearing to give her a bottle of water to help her.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah...Cough! It doesn't hurt anymore," answered weakly the filly. "Ah hate traps..."

When she judged that she recovered enough, she assured her friends that she could continue. Giving a last worried look, Twilight teleported back to the caravan, and the fillies approached the statue to lower its leg. They also broke the vases beside the statue, discovering a cross-shaped glass object glowing blue. They used it on the blue cross-shaped hole of the first part of the room, lifting the wall and revealing a sarcophagus beside a beautiful sapphire sculpted like a snake that immediately entered the bag. But then, a mummy came out of the sarcophagus.

Little Ghost immediately moved to hit its head with the handle of her Poltergust, and the mummy tried to punch her in return. She avoided the punch and continued to attack it. As the mummy was busy with Little Ghost, Apple Bloom spotted the end of the bandage wrapping it, grabbed it, and with the help of Sweetie Belle, pulled. The mummy spun as a result, losing its bandage until all that remained was the putrefied body that fell on the floor. Before it could recover, Apple Bloom then crushed its head with her back hooves. A Trickster came out of the corpse and was promptly captured by Little Ghost.

"Great... Ah'll need another bath," said Apple Bloom with disgust as she looked at her back legs.

«I don't think there are much water remaining in the caravan's reservoir,» said Twilight.

"It'd be enough for mah legs."

They returned in the big room and saw that, as planned, it was being filled with sand now that the hole was plugged. However, again, as they began pushing sand to form a pile to reach the exit, ghosts appeared. Some Tricksters and Creepers, two Buffys, and a lot of Throwers throwing rocks.

At least, the fillies didn't have to be careful of the boulders anymore.

Little Ghost targetted the Throwers, charging toward them as soon as she saw them popping out of the sand to throw their rocks. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, meanwhile, trapped the nearest Buffy and used him like usually to hammer the other ghosts approaching them while keeping an eye on their friend in case she was attacked by a Creeper and needed help. The Tricksters were quickly eliminated, but the Creepers were more prudent, and by the time they finished the second Buffy, three Creepers were remaining, two of which targetted Little Ghosts who continued to go after the Throwers.

"Go help Little Ghost," said Apple Bloom.

"Alright."

Sweetie Belle ran toward Little Ghost, leaving Apple bloom to deal with the third Creeper. The apple filly stopped moving and simply waited. Then she felt a shiver and immediately spun, catching the Creeper in the act. The two other Creepers were also caught by Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost, leaving the Throwers. One by one, the yellow ghosts were captured.

By now, the room was filled enough with sand that they didn't even need to push sand to reach the exit door. The sand was just reaching its level. quickly, the fillies passed it, exiting the room before it could fill more and block it.

The hallway that followed had a staircase. After dealing with some spiders, they began climbing it only for one of the stairs to reveal to be a pressure plate, and behind the fillies, the left wall began closing in section by section. So they ran up the stairs, doing everything they could to not accidentally trip in their panic, helped by Little Ghost in the worst case. At the top, there was a second staircase at the right full of spiders, and they climbed it too not minding them as the walls continued closing in behind them. Finally, they reached the top, and the last section of wall closed behind them, leaving them trapped there.

It was a very small, narrow room full of vases with a giant web covering the wall in their right and a torch in the corner in their left. Spiders jumped out of the vases to attack Apple bloom, but they were all quickly crushed, the vases being destroyed in the action. In one of the vases was a torch that they lit and used to burn the web, freeing the wall. It didn't reveal a door, but it revealed a wall that seemed to be one that could spin. On the wall, there was a mural of a pony taking a pose very common of the pre-somnambulan civilization: in profil with the two left hooves forward.

"Time to take a pose, Apple Bloom," said Little Ghost with a giggle.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "Ah can't wait to be out of this stupid pyramid."

The filly placed herself in front of the mural and took the pose, Sweetie Belle moving beside her so she wouldn't be left behind. The pose worked, and the wall spun suddenly, almost propelling Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle toward Leyla's sarcophagus.

As Apple Bloom shook her head to recover her senses from the sudden move, she heard Leyla, who was still present, talk.

"Well well well. you managed to survive the traps of my pyramid." The fillies followed the sound of the voice and saw the queen in the opposite side of the sarcophagus, looking at them, amused. "You really are full of resources. It looks like I will have to deal with you myself." She chuckled. "You know, this is what I hoped. I really wanted to kill you myself. To see the expression on your face when you will sink in my sand to be turned into a dried mummy. Uhuhuhuh. This will be... Mmh... Delectable." At this, the mare flew out of the pyramid.

Apple Bloom huffed. "Let's just get this over with. Ah hate this floor."

They followed Leyla out of the pyramid and saw her waiting for them further. They joined her on the sand ready to capture her, only for the queen to laugh.

"Poor poor little filly. Here is... MY CURSE!"

Suddenly, Leyla Rahfa began spinning, and a strong wind appeared around her. A huge quantity of sand was lifted from the desert around them and surrounded the queen. More and more sand accumulated until it formed a sand sculpture in the shape of her head facing the fillies. Four snakes then came out of the top and faced them with their glowing eyes.

"Oooh... This fight will suck..." said Little Ghost.

"Nope," assured Apple Bloom as she took the handle of her Poltergust. "We suck!"

Apple Bloom then activated her Poltergust and began to suck the sand from the sculpture. Her friends quickly followed her exemple as the head began to advance toward them, mouth open, while her snakes attacked. The fillies got out of the way and avoided the snakes before sucking them. More snakes reformed in their place, but they took sand from the main sculpture, thinning it a lot. But then, the sculpture turned into a ball and jumped. When it landed, it created a powerful shockwave that the fillies had to jump above before they could continue to suck. The snakes attacked again, and again, they ended up sucked by the Poltergusts. Finaly, what remained of the head collapsed, revealing Leyla.

Despite this, Leyla quickly surounded herself with sand sculptures of snakes that she used to fire energy projectiles. The filly avoided them however, sucked some of the snakes blocking the way, and trapped Leyla. Despite being sucked, Leyla continued to fight, manipulating sand to hinder the fillies, even managing to hit Little Ghost with a hoof of sand. Eventually, she managed to escape the vortex, and she reformed the head with the snakes.

This time, however, she was far more offensive. With her sand manipulation, she created floating hooves of sand to try to punch the fillies. Then, as they continued to suck the sand, she charged at them, forcing them to quickly roll out of the way but still managing to hit Sweetie Belle. as Apple bloom rolled, the snakes then attacked her, but she was pushed out of the way by Little Ghost, and together, they managed to suck two of the snakes.

Leyla then did three successive jumps, creating three successive shockwaves from three different points. Sweetie Belle had recovered by then, and she and Apple Bloom managed to jump above the shockwaves before they continued to suck the sand. Leyla used more snakes and more hooves of sand to attack them, but they were all dodged, so she attempted another charge that was also successfully avoided.

In the end, the head collapsed again, and again, Leyla attempted to protect herself with sand snakes firing projectiles, more of them, but it still didn't work and she was trapped. As she was sucked, she roared in rage and sent a real wall of sand at the fillies to make them stop. This worked on Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, but Little Ghost simply flew above it and continued. Leyla still was able to escape again.

"Enough playing!" she then shouted as an aura of energy glowed around her.

Then, the majority of the sand of the desert gathered around her, forming not just a head, but a whole giant sculpture of her upper body, and the eyes glowed.

"I am Leyla Rahfa! I am a queen! I will not let a bunch of stupid fillies defeat me!"

"Funny. Gorros said something similar before we captured him," said Apple Bloom.

Leyla growled, then attempted to hit the fillies with her left sand hoof. Th fillies avoided, but the hoof formed a shockwave upon hitting the floor. The fillies jumped above it and approached the base of the sand sculpture to suck the sand. Against this, Leyla made sand snakes come out of the body to attack the fillies, and they had to turn their attention to them. The sculpture then moved backward to better attack the fillies with its hooves, but also by firing projectiles of energy from its eyes. The fillies moved constantly to avoid everything that was thrown at them, projectiles, giant sand hooves trying to crush them, the shockwaves created by them, as well as smaller sand hooves that began to form from the remaining sand in the desert to punch them. They managed to approach the sculpture again, dealt with the sand snakes, and continued to suck.

As they sucked, the sand they sucked was expulsed out of the Poltergusts by the vents. This sand was more ammunition for Leyla to form stuff to attack, like hooves of sand, but also the smaller sand snakes that can fire projectiles. The bigger snakes all over the sculpture's body also began to fire a lot of projectiles from their glowing eyes.

"Ahah! She's using a lot of energy! She will be out of juice before she knows it!" said Little Ghost.

She was quickly proved right as a big part of the sculpture collapsed. Leyla didn't give up however, and transformed the sculpture into a giant sand snake. With it, she slithered around the pyramid before charging toward the fillies, mouth wide open. The fillies, however, moved out of the way and took the occasion as the snake's long body passed to suck more sand out of it. The snake quickly moved away and rose its head to fire dozens of projectiles in rapid succession from its eyes. The fillies avoided them simply by running while approaching the culpture.

As they began to suck sand again, the snake suddenly attacked with a quick bit and was able to gobble Sweetie Belle. It tried to do the same to Apple Bloom, but the filly rolled out of the way, then rolled again to avoid the second attempt. Sand, however, was beginning to be expulsed out from inside the snake to Leyla's visible surprise judging by the snake's reaction, and it spat Sweetie Belle.

When the skeleton reformed after the violent crash, she laughed and said "I sucked sand from inside it!"

"Awesome, Sweetie Belle!" said Little Ghost.

The snake was now visibly smaller because of all the sand that had been sucked from it, but it continued to attack. Thanks to its smaller size, it was much less dangerous, its attacks being easier to dodge. In clear, the smaller it became, the easier it was to suck sand from it. Leyla attempted to use again hooves of sand to punch them, but it revealed to not be useful at all as they were easily avoided.

In the end, the snake sculpture collapsed, and the queen was so exhausted that she could only form a small sand snake to defend herself. The snake was easily destroyed, and the ghost was trapped by the three fillies. In the vortex, she barely struggled, and the fillies slammed her a couple of times before she finally lost all her energy and was captured. She could barely scream when she disappeared.

The button to the eleventh floor was dropped behind her. Apple Bloom took it and said "Let's get out of this floor."

"I can't believe we managed to defeat her," said Sweetie Belle. "She seemed invincible with all her sand."

"Nothing is invincible," said Little Ghost.


"And we lost our queen," said the mare with the afro.

"Good riddance," said the muscled stallion.

"Our tuuuuurn!" shouted the triplets.

"You will be in awe!"

"As we kill Apple Bloom!"

"With the power of our tricks and illusions!"

"And we will avange our Oogy Boogy!" finished the three of them before they exited the room.

...

"It's starting to be a little empty in there," said the muscled stallion.

Author's Note:

Name: Leyla Rahfa
Age when dead: 26
Time of death: Over 1500 years ago
Cause of death: Poisoned
Info: Leyla was really beautiful. She was so beautiful that she was recruited to be one of the servants of the prince. However, her beauty hid a very dark heart assisted by the tongue of a snake. Through manipulation, she managed to get the prince to assassinate his father. Using her beauty, she made the newly crowned pharaoh fall for her. Then, she manipulated a stallion who hated the new pharaoh to kill him for her, promising him to make him pharaoh, only to throw him to the crocodiles when he did his job. Her reign became one of the darkest moments of the history of the town that became Somnambula, and it was ended when a courageous stallion faked becoming one of her many bedmates only to poison her. The stallion was crowned new pharaoh.