• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,487 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,487

Twisted Suites

Ding!

The doors of the elevator opened, and the fillies were immediately greated by a strange spectacle: three purple top hats floating in the air. The three hats were forming a line, and where regularly exchanging places. Then, the three hats did a loop and...

Poof! "Hellooo! I'm Magica Hat!"

Poof! "Hellooo! I'm Magica Wand!"

Poof! "Hellooo! I'm Magica Card!"

The ghosts of three purple, blond maned mares appeared under the hats one by one. The first who appeared was the one under the right hat who possessed two short pony tail and was an earth pony. The second who appeared was the one under the left hat who possessed two long pony tails and was a pegasus. The one in the center was the last one to appear and she possessed only one pony tail and was an unicorn. Outside of their manecuts and their races, the three mares were absolutely identical down to the clothes they were wearing, dark purple tuxedos and capes, without forgetting the top hats.

"And welcome... to the Twisted Suites!" the three of them shouted at once.

"A different world where your senses will be abused!" said Hat as she took some cards and waved a hoof in front of them, making them disappear.

"Where left will be right up will be right too, and right wil be upside down!" said Wand as she floated upside down.

"Where it is so easy for something to go tragically wrong!" said Card as she took a saw with a giggle.

"Good show!" said the three of them with a bow. "We hope you will love it to death!"

Then, with more giggles, the three mares exited the room through a door at the left.

...

"Well, great! We're now facing three Trixie!" said Apple Bloom with a groan.

«A whole floor using the same kind of magic than Trixie... Be careful you three, who knows what kind of dangerous traps those tricks and illusions will hide,» said Twilight.

"Yeah... Ah don't want to find mahself being sawn in half," said Apple Bloom.

"Or being pierced from all sides by swords inside a box," said Sweetie Belle.

"It'd do nothing to ya."

"I was talking about you."

"Anyway. Let's follow them and just deal with whatever they will throw at us," said Little Ghost.

The others nodded and exited the elevator, entering the elevator hall. Contrary to most elevator halls, this one was very well decorated, looking more like a living room. Most of the room was in red, red walls, red floor, red curtains at both sides of the elevator and covering most of the walls near the ceiling, and so on. There was a table at both sides of the elevator, the one at the right having card piled in triangles while the one in the left had a giant dice. There was also a red sofa beside the right table in the corner as well as a red chest, and two red chairs (one of them with a bunny plushie, the other with a biggy bank) beside the left table as well as a potted plant in the corner. A yellow and green round carped covered most of the floor, and on this carped, there where two more, red rectangular carpets, each under one of the tables, and a third one was in front of the door at the left. Opposite to the door, against the right wall, there was a shelf with some books, and there was a smaller one above the left table with some more books as well as a skull with a candle on it. Many lamps were hanging from the ceiling around a chandelier as well as against the walls at both sides of the door and the big shelf. Finally, most remarkable were the many frames with photos and posters related to stage magic hanging absolutely everywhere on the walls.

Exploring a bit, they broke the piggy bank and took the bits inside before opening the chest. In it, they found some more bits, but also some props la fake teeth or balls. With nothing more interresting to search, they went to open the door. However, when Apple Bloom went to turn the handle to open it, she touched as if it was a wall.

"What?"

She moved her hoof around and discovered that the door was actually a really well made drawing on the wall!

"Oh, come on! Really! it ain't a real door!"

"Really?" asked both Sweetie Belle and Little Ghost before they put a hoof on the wall to test and discover that their friend was right.

"Ooh! An optical illusion!" said Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom groaned again. "This floor'll be a pain, Ah can already tell."

She then saw that the paper on which the door was drawn was peeling, so she teared it off, revealing only a small hole through which she could see what looked like a restroom. The three mares, or rather, their three hats were there, twirling in circle for some reason. Then, one of the hats stopped, causing a second one to bump it from behind. Magica Card then came out of the first hat while Magica Wand came, angry, came out of the second and began shouting at her sister, starting an argument. The third sister, Magica Hat, then poofed between them to calm them. The three then returned in their hats and twirled out of the room, passing through a door.

"Last Ah know, stage magicians can't enter their own hat without using real magic," she commented.

"But only Magica Card is an unicorn. How do they do it then?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Ghost powers, of course," said Little Ghost. She looked around at the room. "But then, where's the door?"

"I'm betting all I have that it's behind this shelf," said Sweetie Belle as she pointed at the shelf at the opposite side. "I thought it looked weird when we opened the chest. Also, there are the same lamps than beside the fake door."

"Uh. Let's see."

The fillies went to examine the shelf and dicovered that it was indeed a fake one drawn on paper too. They teared it off, only to reveal that there was nothing behind.

"WHAT?! But I thought there would be a door!" shouted Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom looked at the wall in suspicion, then took her Dark Light Device and activated it, revealing that there was indeed a door, but invisible.

"Ya're right, Sweetie, there's a door. It's just another trick."

"A trick in a trick. They're good," said Little Ghost.

The next room had similar decorations than the elevator hall, the red walls and floor, the curtains, the frames, but had the particularity to have a bed just at the right of the door with two nightstands, against the wall. At the left was a red box with a lot of drawers, on the wall above the bed were drawings, and at their left was a circular part of the wall differently colored (brown and blue) that looked like a target. It was actually one of those targets against which a pony would be trapped. Another pony would then spin the target with the pony before throwing knives at it, generally blindfolded. Near the center of the room was a table with on it one of those boxes used in magic shows to fakly cut ponies in half with a saw. There was even a saw ready to cut the bow. Finally, in the corner in front of the bed, there was a table with a piece of cake beside a book, and here and there in the room, on the floor, on the table, planted in the walls, were swords, probably the ones used to throw at the target. It was clear that the sisters had some difficulties with them as they practiced, because the carpet covering most of the floor had a lot of tears. There was a door between the target and the table with the cake, and another behind the box with the saw.

The fillies eyed this box with suspicion, waiting for it to suddenly open and suck one of them in it to be sawn in half. They also kept an eye on the swords. Nothing happening, however, they explored and found some bits in the nightstands as well as in the drawers of the table with the cake, and in the red box, which revealed to be full of swords. Once they were done, they decided to pass the door behind the box with the saw.

It led to a bathroom that looked rather normal without counting all the frames. There were however some swords there too as well as some big cards. The chandelier was also a special one as it had the symboles of the cards on its sides. Something rare for a bathroom, there was a second door in the right wall. Beside a small closet that had nothing of interest, there was nothing to explore in this room, so they continued through this room which led into a hallway that turned to the right.

This hallway had two particularities: there were cages with crows hanging from the ceiling, and giant posters of magician ghosts on the wall in front of them. From left to right, those portraits were of a Trickster with some kind of mystical energy around his front hooves, a Thrower in a box being sawn in half by a Trickster, and a Thrower doing a skillful trick with cards. There was a last portrait at the end of the hallway of a Creeper pulling a bunny plushie out of a hat. A rope that could be pulled lifted caused the first poster to lift, revealing a secret safe. At the left of the poster, there was another box full of props, as well as a table with an upside down hat with a bouquet of flower coming out of it and a chair with a bunny plushie sitting on its (the chair) back.

After the turn, there were two doors, one at the right that led back to the room with all the swords, and one at the left. However, when they approached it, a trash can in the corner suddenly took life and attacked the fillies, but it was easily destroyed with a buck.

The next room was... twisted, there was no other way to describe it. It looked like the floor was the ceiling because there was an upside down fan just in the middle of it. However, it was impossible to say what was supposed to be the floor. On the wall in front of the fillies, ON the wall, there was a bed with two nightstands and a carpet! ON the left wall was a desk with some books and a lamp beside it! ON the right wall, beside the exit door, there was a small table with a chair and some bits on it. But above all, ON the ceiling, there were a lot of carpets, a table against the right wall with a chandelier and a lamp beside it, a grandfather clock against the left wall, and a table not far of the bed with a chair. Even the lamps hanging from the walls were in different directions depending of their place.

The triplets were around the table, drinking some tea while upside down, Magica Card sitting on the chair.

"Hellooo there!" shouted Card when she saw the fillies entering the room.

"What do you think of the Twisted Suites so far?" asked Hat.

"Mind blowing, I bet!" said Wand before she took her wand. "How about you join us for tea?" she said as she gave it a flick. Suddenly, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle fell on the ceiling, taking the both of them off guard.

Apple Bloom quickly recovered however, and despite being now upside down and despite also all the weird things in this room, she took her Poltergust and pointed it at the sisters. "We ain't here to have tea! Give us the elevator button!"

"After what you did to our little Oogy Boogy?" asked Card, nearly growling.

"NEVER!" shouted the three of them before they flew out of the room through the exit door, leaving the fillies on the ceiling.

Magica Wand then returned. "Tea is cancelled!" she shouted before she gave another flick of her wand, making the fillies fall back on the floor. "Come get us if you can!" shouted Wand before she passed the door again.

"Uh. I didn't know stage magic could be used to get ponies on the ceiling," commented Little Ghost.

"Normaly, it can't," said Apple Bloom after a groan as she recovered again.

"Not without real magic like Trixie uses in her tricks," said Sweetie Belle. "Wow. If she was more powerful, Trixie could be like them."

«Oh, hay no!» said Applejack.

«She will probably be, once she becomes a ghost,» said Pinkie.

«Oh Celestia...» said Rarity in horror.

The fillies walked toward the door to open it and follow the three ghosts but discovered that it was locked.

"Drat. The key's probably in one of the drawers of one of those tables or the desk," said Apple Bloom.

"Be thankful one of us can float," said Little Ghost smugly before she went to search in the drawers only to find nothing. "No key!"

"But where can it be then?" asked Sweetie Belle.

«You should search everywhere. Knowing the nature of this floor, there's probably a secret somewhere. Don't forget to use your DLDs» advised Twilight.

Following what she said, the fillies separated to search the whole room, DLDs on. Eventually, Apple Bloom was the one who found a secret. In the top of the grandfather clock, there was a button hidden. Pressing it caused the bed to move to the right. However, it revealed nothing. But then, Little Ghost used her DLD on the uncovered wall and revealed an invisible door.

"Thanks Twilght," said Apple Bloom before they passed the door which led to another bathroom.

This bathroom had no other door, but had a chest. However, when the fillies approached it, it took life and tried to gobble Little Ghost. Apple Bloom immediately gave it a buck to send it against the wall, but it wasn't enough to destroy it this time. Sweetie Belle jumped in the bathtube to take a chandelier on the ledge of a window. The skeleton then used the chandelier on the chest at the same time that Little Ghost hit it with the handle of her Poltergust. A last buck finished it, and Apple Bloom took the key as well as some bits from its remains. They then returned in the twisted room and used the key to open the locked door.

The next room wasn't as weird. It's main feature was the presence of a stage, clearly for magic shows. There was a stand at the left with shelves full of food, drinks, and goodies, and in front of the stage were some tables for spectators. On the stage, the triplets were doing a magic show while they were waiting for the fillies. When they saw them, they did a "TADAAA!!" before they entered in their hats and twirled through the door in the opposite side.

And of course, it was locked too. But there were also two more doors at the left beside the stage and at the right in front of it. Doing some exploration first, they found a crack on the wall behind the stage through which they could see a room with the needed key in a cage. Knowing where to go, they then passed the door beside the stage, entering another bathroom.

This one had the particularity to have one of those big tanks filled with water in which magicians lock themselves before they try to escape to not drown. Thus, this glass had a lot of big chains keeping it locked, and a pipe linked it to the bathtube's tap for the water. There were also a lot of rubber duckies in this room, but no trace of a door. But now, the fillies knew the trick and found out that the window in the left wall was a fake own drawn on the paper, so they teared it off. Of course, the door was invisible, so they used the DLD on it.

The room beside this bathroom was another bedroom, with the bed in the corner at the right. This room, however, seemed to be used for train animals for shows because there was a lot of materials used for it, including a course made from furnitures and planks. There was also a lot of papers covering the floor, and in the center, on a round platform, was the cage with the key inside. There were also three piggy banks in the room, on the bed, on a small closet that was reconverted to be a cage for mice, and on a chair beside an aquarium (looking like a desk at first because it was covered by a sheet), but they only possessed a few bits. There was also a cage full of crows in front of the bed (which looked like a table because it was covered by a sheet too).

But then, just as Little Ghost went to take the key in the cage in the center (which was open), a purple lightning bolt hit it, and... the key turned into a golden rabbit with the key as its tail. The rabbit then escaped from the cage and ran away from the fillies who had their jaw dropping.

"EEEHHHH?!! The key turned into a rabbit!" shouted Sweetie Belle.

"Ah saw a lot of weird things since Ah became a ghost hunter, but this takes the cake!" said Apple Bloom.

«What cake?» asked Pinkie.

«It's possible to transform an object into an animal and to give it life, but it takes a lot of power,» said Twilight. «It's nothing strange.»

"Okay... But what do we do now?" wondered Little Ghost.

"We run after it!" answered Apple Bloom as she gave chase to the rabbit.

But the rabbit was very fast and agile and easily escaped any attemps to catch it. Sweetie Belle had the idea of cornering it, and the three of them jumped at it at once from three directions, only for the rabbit to jump at the last second, leading Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle to headbutt each other. But Little Ghost then managed to catch it by its 'tail' in the middle of its jump.

"I got it!" she shouted as the rabbit struggled to escape.

Apple Bloom rubbed her forehead where she hit Sweetie Belle and said "Good job Little Ghost. Sweetie Belle, you really have a hard skull, you know."

"And yet, I'm not the stubborn one," replied the skeleton.

"Let's return to the stage room quickly. This little guy just won't stop moving," said Little Ghost.

Nodding, the fillies traversed the bathroom and returned in the stage room. With some difficulties, they grabbed the rabbit and kept a strong hold on it as they insered it in the keyhole of the locked door. The rabbit then stopped moving and returned to a normal key as they unlocked the door. But before, they decided to explore the door at the right which led to the laundry room.

It was probably the most normal room seen in this floor until now. The only thing that showed that they were in a floor specialised on stage magic was the presence of colored ribbons hanging from the dryer. However, beside some bits on a shelf, there was nothing of interest in this room, so they opened the now unlocked door.

Another room with a strange feature. It was a bedroom, but the bed was on a pillar in the center of the room. One of the faces of the pillar, the one facing the wall at the right, was fully covered by a mirror. When facing this mirror, it looked as if the bed was floating thanks to another optical illusion formed by curtains both against the wall facing it and against the wall behind it, so what was reflected in the mirror looked like the wall behind the pillar. On this wall, at the right, there was a black and white image in profile of a mare magician who looked like the triplets but hadn't the same manestyle than any of them, maybe their mother. At the right of the door from which they entered, there was a round table where it looked like time had stopped because there was a tea-pot floating in the air pouring tea in a cup, but nothing was moving, not even the liquid. Finally, against the opposite wall at the right of a door, there was a half-circular platform beside a rope. Pulled the rope pulled a purple curtain, and when the fillies released it, the curtain dropped back, revealing that a treasure chest had appeared.

"What? How?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Magic," answered Sweetie Belle. "Don't ask."

"More exactly, ghost magic. Don't even search to understand," said Little Ghost.

It was obvious that there was a door hidden behind the curtains in front of the mirror, but they decided to try the other door first which led to a bathroom. There, a blue sheet partially covering the bathtub created an optical illusion that made it look like water was overflowing. Beside that, some candles, and some bits on a shelf above the sink, there was seemingly nothing special in the room, but when they removed the sheet, they found a hidden pressure plate under it, on the floor. Sweetie Belle hesitently stepped on it, but thankfully, it didn't trigger a trap. It actually caused a chest to rise from the bathtub.

"There are really secrets almost everywhere in this floor. I hope we haven't missed anything," said Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom just gave a shrug at this before she opened the chest. If they had missed anything, then it wasn't a big loss. She was already rich enough. They just did it to annoy Eternal Rest.

Once they were done in the bathroom, they passed the other door of the bedroom and entered a hallway much smaller than the other.

And then, a giant top hat fell on Apple Bloom.

"What? Why is it all black suddenly?" asked Apple Bloom. She tried to lift the hat by the bottom, but her hooves couldn't get under it as it was on the floor. She then tried to lift it by the top, but it was too big for her to lift it completely this way, and walking didn't help as she dragged the hat with her. Finally, with a growl, she blew air at the top of the hat with her Poltergust, propelling it in the air.

Her friends couldn't stop a giggle, only for the hat to fall on Sweetie Belle.

"Hey!"

Little Ghost guffawed. Sweetie Belle, however, was able to use her magic to lift it enough so she could put her hooves under it and lift it more.

"Well, hats off to them for this prank," she said with a giggle.

Apple Bloom giggled. "Sweetie Belle, ya get a red card for this bad pun. Return in the hat, ya're PUNished."

"Booh, okay," replied the skeleton before she let the hat drop back on her. "But you will have to tell me the directions."

"Advance to the left," said Little Ghost.

"Okay."

"Hey! Stop! Ya almost hit me!" shouted Apple Bloom as she avoided the hat.

"What? I just followed Little Ghost's direction. It's not my fault," said Sweetie Belle with another giggle, which made Little Ghost laugh again.

Apple Bloom smiled amusedly again. "Alright. Ya win. Get out."

"Yay!"

Leaving the hat behind, the fillies explored the hallway, giggling from their experience for a moment. At the right of the door from whichh they entered, in an alcove in the wall, there was three giant dices on top of each other in instable equilibrium, they weren't even sure if they were real or if it was a sculpture. Beside it was a trash can. In front of them, there was another door. At the left, the hallway continued into a space where there were shelves full of books, a table with two chairs, another trash can, and a pedestal where three statues of Magica Wand were floating in a triangle formation. For some reason, one of them was missing a hat.

"Mmh... Wait... Little Ghost. Can ya bring the hat?" asked Apple Bloom.

"Okay!"

Seeing what Apple Bloom wanted to do, Little Ghost entered the hat and floated with it toward the statues. Following the directions of her friends, she managed to fly above the head of the statue missing the hat. She then let the hat drop on it.

Apple Bloom wasn't sure what she expected it to do, but certainly not what happened next. A spiral staircase made of solidified purple energy appeared out of the air around the statues. And yes, it was solid. When Apple Bloom placed a hoof to test it, it didn't pass through.

"Ghost powers'll never cease to amaze me," she said before she climbed the stairs to reach a secret space above the shelves with a chest.

«You aren't the only one who thinks that,» said Twilight.

However, when they returned at the bottom of the stairs, the two trash cans in the hallway suddenly took life, but they were easily destroyed one by one. Once the last one was destroyed, the fillies exited the hallway.

The new room was very different from the others. It was only lightened by a small light hanging from the ceiling and over a dozen candles surrounding a giant hexagon made with tapes and taking most of the floor. All the furnitures of the room, bed, carpets, chairs and so on, were moved in the corners, and other stuff seen in other room like the cards piled in triangles and the rex box with the swords. Speaking of swords, there were many planted in the rolled up carpets and in the walls. There was a paper with the image of a cage with a crow in it hanging from the wall beside the entrance, at the right, and at the left, there was a mirror. The mirror showed the presence of a chest that the fillies couldn't see, so they used the DLD to make it appear. However, contrary to most of the other rooms, not a single frame was present here. In the wall in the right was a door.

This door led to the room they had seen from the elevator hall, through the hole. More than a restroom, it was actually a bathroom reconverted into a wardrobe. Waiting there, upside down on the floor, were the hats of the three sisters.

Then, the sisters poofed above their hats. Wand then made a bunny plushie come out of her hat, Hat made three billard balls come out, and Card made... Sweetie's skull come out.

"What?!" shouted Sweetie Belle.

"What?!" also shouted her friends before they looked at Sweetie Belle's body, seeing that her skull had somehow disappeared to appear in the hat.

The three mares laughed, and Magica Card made the skull's mouth open and close to mime it talking as she said "Hellooo! I'm a numbskull!"

"Stop that! Give me back my head!" shouted Sweetie Belle.

"Okay!" said Card. "Catch!" She then shouted before she threw the skull in the air.

Sweetie's body tried to catch it but it had no idea where to go because of this so it ended crashing against the toilet. Apple Bloom, however, managed to catch it.

"Got ya, Sweetie!"

"Thank you Apple Bloom. Weirdest moment of my life."

"Ya don't say..."

The three mares laughed again.

"Oh, you are just so fun to mess with," said Wand.

"And we aren't finished yet!" said Hat.

"You explored the whole floor, but how about you explore it again, but differently?" proposed Card.

At this, the three mares began to twirl their wands which started to glow purple. Then, with a swing, a purple shockwave spread from them and covered the whole room, surprisingly not doing anything to the fillies. The ghosts then flew out of the room, passing through the door back to the room with the hexagon, Magica Card saying "Have fun!" before disappearing.

"What did they do?" asked Little Ghost.

"Ah don't know," answered Apple Bloom as she placed Sweetie's skull back in its place. "but let's follow them."

So they opened the room and entered the previous room.

Only to discover that they were back in the room with all the swords, the box with the saw, and the round target! But now, the floor was covered by a purple mist.

"WHAT?!" shouted everypony, including the ones in the caravan.

Before they could understand what happened, several Tricksters appeared and armed themselves with the swords.

They should have known that it was too easy. Beside the tricks and the animated objects, they had no problems in this floor, and not a single ghost had attacked them beside the sisters.

But even if they were armed with swords, those Tricksters weren't a problem. The fillies just trapped three of them and slammed them on the others. Easypeasy.

But now, they had to deal with a big problem: they somehow entered the bedroom with the swords from the bathroom wardrobe despite the two rooms being in opposite sides of the floor. It was probably an effect of whatever the sisters did with their wands. Was it an unique case, or, Celestia forbide, did they do the same to the whole floor, messing the rooms?

Dreading this, Apple Bloom went to open the door to the hallway with the posters only to enter the other hallway with the three statues. Before she could curse the three sisters, however, three Tricksters attacked her by throwing the giant dices at her. She was hit by the first one, but she quickly recovered and went to attack the ghosts, joined by her friends.

When the ghosts were captured, they gathered and Apple Bloom said "Alright girls. Those ghosts messed the rooms. The doors don't lead where they're supposed to anymore. So here's what we'll do: we'll explore the rooms one by one and discover which door leads to which room until we find where the magicians've hidden themselves. Once we find them, we put an end to their stupid magic. And whatever happens, we don't separate."

"Agreed," replied the others.

So they took the other door in the hallway and entered the room upside down where a bunch of Throwers ambushed them. They were quickly eliminated, but the fillies now had to choose between the door that was hidden behind the bed and the one at the right. They choose right only to end up in the elevator hall. There, Tricksters equipped with various objects as weapon and/or shield came out of the elevator. Same strategy as usual there, trap and slam, but Little Ghost had to use her own shield to protect Apple Bloom from a shield bashing.

They took the door and returned in the upside down room They then took the remaining door and entered the bathroom with the tank. Suddenly, a Buffy that was hidden in the tank destroyed it and attacked the fillies. In such a small space, it wasn't easy to walk around him to be able to reach his tails, but they still managed to capture him without damage. They then took the door at the left leading them this time to the room with the stage. The stage's curtains were now covering it.

Then, the curtains were pulled to the side by an invisible force, revealing a Creeper doing as if he was mentally rising Tricksters out of the floor around him. The ghosts then went to attack the fillies, and as the Tricksters distracted them, the Creeper tried to creep behind Apple Bloom to claw her. Too bad for him, the fillies could see him moving thanks to the mist covering the floor, so his plan failed.

But now, the fillies had to choose between three doors. They choose the one at the left of the one they came from and entered the bathroom with the swords and cards. This room was easy to deal with, there was only two dozens of Mini-Tricksters coming out of the bathtub easily captured. They then took the door usually leading to the bedroom with the swords only to enter the bedroom with the mirror which was now covered by a paper that made it look like it was the wall behind it with a pile of treasures. Three Creepers attacked them here, and each of the fillies took one, following them thanks to the mist and the mirror once they uncovered it.

Choosing between the two other doors there, they took the one in front of the mirror and entered the hallway with the posters. There, the ghosts in the posters took life and came out of them, forcing the fillies to fight a Creeper, two Throwers, and two Tricksters. Little Ghost went after the Throwers while Apple Bloom dealt with the Creeper, leaving the Tricksters to Sweetie Belle. They then took the door in front of the one they came from normally leading to the bedroom with the swords only to return in the stage room from the door normally leading to the bathroom with the tank. Rather than going for the last door they hadn't tested in this room, they returned in the hallway and took the last door there, the one normally leading to the bathroom with the swords and cards.

It was a good call because it led them in the room with the hexagon which was where the sisters waited them. When they stepped in the hexagon, three spotlights coming from nowhere turned on in their position. The lights then moved in front of the fillies and the sisters poofed one by one in them.

"Woah! You managed to reach this room despite the maze and all the ghosts!" said Card.

"Good job! Good job!" applauded Hat.

"Seems like it's showtime!" said Wand.

"Yeah!" shouted the two others.

The three then entered their hats and began twirling while circling the fillies who moved back to back, Poltergusts ready. But then, the hats poofed out of existance as a red curtain came out of the floor around the hexagon. Before their eyes, the floor of the hexagon turned a mystical purple and lights appeared out of the air all over the edge of it. Then, the curtain came down and, to put it simply, they were now in a different dimension.

Apple Bloom hadn't experienced this since her fight against Little Ghost.

The hexagon was now a stage surrounded by an infinite void made of mist going from blue to red, some of it spinning like a vortex out of which stage magic props like cards and dices were coming. Then, the three sisters poofed in front of it, forming a line. After doing a bow, they then entered in their hats and began to twirl around the stage while the spotlights returned on the fillies.

"W-where are we?" asked Sweetie Belle who was very scarred.

"A ghostly pocket dimension. Powerful ghosts can create one to assure that their victims wouldn't run away. Don't worry, we'll return in our dimension once we beat them."

"Once you beat us?" asked one of the ghosts from inside her hat.

"You can't beat us!" said another.

"You will die here and we will avenge our darling Oogy Boogy!" said the third one.

Then, the three hats began to throw giant spinning cards at the fillies, and they moved to avoid them or block them. The fight started rather badly because the fillies had no way of reaching the ghosts who were hidding in their hats, and the ghosts continued to attack with their cards. Eventually, they stopped attacking with cards and formed a line again. Two of the hats then placed themselves against each other, hole to hole, before they moved away from each other now linked by a rope of ribbons. Burning ribbons. The two hats then began sweeping the stage back and forth with the rope, forcing the fillies to jump. At the same time, the third hat began moving in circles above the stage, dropping hoops that floated in the air at various heights.

Once a dozen hoops were present, the rope was fully destroyed by the far, and the two hats joined the third one above the hoops. Moving in circles, they then began to randomly drop giant dices. Any dice passing through a hoop was teleported into another, the hoops acting like portals, making the rain of dices even more random and harder to avoid for the fillies. when the dices landed, they unleashed one to six wands depending of the number shown on the face at the top. The wands coming out of the dices rapidly and randomly spread in all directions, attempting to pierce the fillies like swords.

Then, the sisters stopped dropping dices to use something more drastic: bombs.

Apple Bloom saw this as the perfect occasion to finaly reach the sisters. Waiting for the three hats to be close to each others, she used the handle of her Poltergust like a bat to send a bomb right back at them (avoiding the hoops). The bomb exploded just between the hats, badly damaging them before they fell here and there on the stage. The sisters then came out of them, stunned.

The fillies took the occasion to each trap a sister. In perfect coordination, they then slammed the sisters against each others, not giving them any change to escape until they were captured. Immediately, their magic disappeared, and the fillies were back in the room.

From Sweetie Belle's Poltergust who captured Magica Card, the button to the twelfth floor dropped. The skeleton took it and said "I have the button."

"Their magic tricks and illusions weren't enough against us!" shouted Little Ghost in victory.

Apple Bloom then opened the door between the mirror and the paper, and saw that it was leading back to the hallway with the statues. "Everything's back to normal. Let's get out of here."


The pirate ghost smiled and began to exit the room. "My turn. Eheheheh! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

"Welp. Game over for them," said the mare with the afro.

"I would say peace to their souls, but we already know they will never find peace," said the muscled stallion.

Author's Note:

Names: Magica Hat, Magica Wand, Magica Card
Age when dead: 20
Time of death: 6 years ago.
Cause of death: Drowned
Info: Daughters of the well known magician Magica Trick, they wanted to follow in her steps and become renowned like her. They teamed up and started a good carrier that was very promising. But one day, as they tried a new 'escape the water tank' magic trick together, a defect in one of the chains stopped them from escaping the tank, and they died drowned.