• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 2,488 Views, 196 Comments

Apple Bloom's Mansion 3: The Hotel of Eternal Rest - Lucar



Apple Bloom and the others are invited in Eternal Rest's hotel. It's a trap. Thankfully, Apple Bloom won't be alone this time.

  • ...
1
 196
 2,488

The Dance Hall

Ding!

The doors of the elevator opened, revealing the last floor before Eternal Rest's.

And to put it simply, it was a dance floor. Already, from the elevator hall, it was given. Flashy neons on the walls forming dancers and music related stuff and tiles that can lit up in the floor. However, the shaking caused by Eternal Rest earlier took its tall to the floor. Some of the neons had fallen from the walls, there were many holes in the floor, and parts of the ceiling had collapsed here and there. The walls could be heard creaking, weakened.

If the spectacle was the same for all the other floors, then the fillies had interest to hurry up and finish this whole ordeal quickly. There was now a chance that the hotel could collapse.

"How bad is it in yer side?" asked Apple Bloom to the ponies in the caravan.

«It's ok. The basement doesn't seem to have taken too much damage,» answered Twilight. «I think that the upper floors were the most touched by Eternal Rest's rage.»

"Alright. But just in case, ready the caravan to move. If the hotel suddenly starts collapsing, ya'll have to get out of there ASAP."

«And leave ya behind? No way in Tartarus!» shouted Applejack.

"AJ! Come on! We're close to the top of the hotel! If it starts collapsing..."

«Twilight can teleport ya out of there!»

"Would she have time?"

«Of course! I can teleport really fast! It would just take me a few seconds to teleport to you, and then to teleport all of us out of there,» answered Twilight.

Apple Bloom sighed in relief. "Okay... But still, start the engine to be ready to escape."

"Hey!" then shouted Sweetie Belle who was beside a hole caused by some of the tiles that had collapsed. "There's a secret room down here!"

At this, Little Ghost entered the hole. "Wow!" she shouted from inside it. "There's, like, a big vault with a mountain of gold down there! There are even some gems!" She then poked her head out of the hole. "It's behind bars. You will have to give me the bag."

"There," said Apple Bloom as she gave the bag.

«It's so sad. This floor is totally ruined,» said Pinkie. «I'm sure in normal time there'd be music blasting, and then we would all be dancing and having fun while catching ghosties!»

«A good old fight in rhythm. Yeah, it's sad it won't be the case,» said Rainbow Dash.

"Maybe it will be the case against the ghost guarding the floor," said Sweetie Belle. "Maybe it will be a DJ."

«That's hoping there's anything left for a DJ to play,» said Rainbow.

"Done!" shouted Little Ghost as she came out of the hole. "We can go," she then said while giving the bag back to Apple Bloom.

So the fillies began to advance cautiously in the devastated hallway the room was a part of. At the right, it ended in a dead end, turntables once hanging on the wall now on a bench with fragments of the ceiling. So the fillies had to go to the left where they passed beside a tagged wall, the tag being of a group of dancers entirely hidden in hoodies. After this wall was a ticket counter followed by a shop divided in two parts, the first one selling accessories like purses or keychains, as well as designed clothes while the second one was selling more normal looking clothes and hats. Both the ticket counter and the shop had a cash register with some bits, and the second part of the shop had a vault full of bits. Of course, most of the shop was destroyed.

After the shop, the hallway turned to the left and led to stairs with at both sides walls tagged with arrows going all the way to a double door at the top. However, there was a possessed trash can that tried to eat Apple Bloom, but the filly easily got rid of it sending it in one of the holes of the floor. Carefully, the fillies then climbed the stairs until reaching the double door that they passed.

The next room was as much in disaster than the hallway, but it seemed to have been partially cleaned. There was a dance floor totally empty of any debris. Behind it was a disco booth with turntables on it, and at both sides of the booth were speakers. Hanging from the ceiling, only stopped from dropping thanks to some cables, was a disco ball. At both sides at the top of stairs, were spaces with tables and booths, or what remained.

Then, the speakers began blasting music, colored lights and the disco ball turned on, and from behind the disco booth appeared a brown pegasus mare with a red afro that reminded of a fiery red sun.

"Woohoo! Our honor guests arrived, everypony! Time for the party to start, baby! DeathJay here to put the dance floor on fiiiire! Yeah!"

«Woohoo! Now we're talking!» shouted Pinkie.

«Don't expect to join them, Pinkie,» said Twilight.

«Aww... I know...»

However, the music suddenly stopped as DeathJay gave a sigh.

"Listen you three, before we start..." she began before she gave the fillies a warm smile. "I know I have no chance against you. I'm nothing compared to the likes of Leyla, Ooga, or Blackbeard. I'm just a DJ whose only goal is to make ponies bang their head in rhythm. To tell you the truth, you grew on me, girls. And heck, even if there's high chance that you lose against Eternal Rest, I'm totally rooting for you! Speaking of, I guess you guessed, you really pissed her off, which is already a feat!" She laughed at this.

"So, does this mean you will give us the button without fight?" asked Sweetie Belle, hopeful.

"Eh. Come on. I'm a showmare. As a potentially last performance, I can't simply give you the button," replied DeathJay with a wink. Then, music blasted from the speakers again. "So let's dance! But before we start our showdown, a little warm up! Come, boys!"

At her call, eight Tricksters in hoodies, like the ones tagged in the hallway, appeared on the dance floor and began dancing to the rhythm of the music.

"Now girls, if you want to face me, you will first have to defeat my boys! The Poltergrooves! And don't expect them to be as easy to defeat as the others! Those guys mastered the art of dance battles!"

"But none of us know how to dance," said Sweetie Belle. "The only good dancer is... Scootaloo..."

DeathJay winced. "Yeah... Sorry about your friend. But don't worry! You don't need to dance as long as you manage to defeat my boys! Of course, dancing would have helped a lot. Gonna dodge their punches in rhythm after all."

"It shouldn't be hard. Gotta just follow the beat," said Apple Bloom as she began to bob her head in rhythm of the music.

The fillies then got on the dance floor, facing the dancers.

As DeathJay warned, the following fight was a hard one. The ghosts were perfectly synchonized and perfectly followed the music as they attacked with dance moves. and as soon as one of the fillies managed to trap one of them in a vortex, the other ghosts worked together to force the filly to release him. More than in any other fights against Tricksters, the fillies were punched and kicked. But little by little, the rhythm entered the fillies who became better and better at dodging, parrying, and counterattacking. Thus, one by one, the ghost were caught, and the less there were ghosts remaining, the easier it became to catch them.

When the last one was caught, DeathJay applauded, the turntables continuing to play without her.

"Bravo! I didn't expect less! Now, time for the final!"

She then flew from the booth to the dance floor and did some dance moves as she grabbed vinyl records from seemingly nowhere. As this happened, she was surrounded by what looked like fire, and the fillies weren't sure if this was just her ghostly aura that was like that or if it really was fire.

"Wooooh! I'm on fiiiire! Let's get ready to rumble!"

Then she threw the vinyl records and they began to roll toward the fillies, creating trails of fire in their path! This almost took the fillies by surprise, but they were able to dodge them with side jumps. But then, DeathJay grabbed a dozen of vinyls from behind her back and threw them in the air above her. The vinyls rained all over the dance floor and began to spin upon landing.

Then the mare began to dance around the dance floor while regularly throwing vinyls either rolling toward the fillies or spinning. All the while, as she moved, she left a trail of fire behind her too.

"She wasn't foaling when she said she was there to put the dance floor on fire," commented Little Ghost as she avoided a rolling vinyl.

"And that she was on fire," said Sweetie Belle.

This made DeathJay laugh. "I foal a lot, but yeah, sometimes, I take things a little too literally. Firestallions would probably hate me."

Apple Bloom began to blow air at the vinyls to stop her from rolling and spinning and send them away, giving the fillies some place. Her friends followed her exemle and began to blow air at the vinyls too. Thanks to this, they were able to approach the DJ. When she saw this, DeathJay began to spin toward them while holding vinyls, becoming a small fire tornado.

This didn't impress the fillies who all blew air at DeathJay at the same time, causing her to lose balance and to stop her tornado as she was blown back a little. This even caused the afro to fly from her head, revealing that she actually possessed a short black mane under it. The fillies immediately began to suck her, and the ghost didn't really resist as she laughed.

"Well, this didn't last long. But at least, it was fun." She gave them a wink. "Good luck against Eternal Rest, you three."

And finally, she disappeared in Little Ghost's Poltergust, letting the button drop. The vinyls and the fire disappeared with her.

Apple Bloom took the button.

The elevator button to floor 15.

That was it. The last line before the finish.

But before that, they had to run to the elevator as all the tables and booths in the sides of the room as well as the speakers took life. They didn't want to lose time fighting them.


Eternal Rest watched as Apple Bloom and her two sidekicks entered the elevator, escaping her possessed objects.

"Look at that, dear. Your heroes are coming," she said to the yellow doll beside her.

The doll didn't answer. She was too scared to, as her constant shaking showed. Eternal Rest then sent a bolt of purple lightning at the doll who screamed in pain.

"I-I'm sorry that you l-lost your kitty, but p-p-please, stop! It hurts!" said the doll painly.

"No can do, dear. You are the only way I have to control my rage until those three pests reach me. I have no problem with them ransacking my hotel!" She sent another bolt. "I have no problem with them capturing my minions!" She sent yet another bolt. "But capturing my Polterkitty?!" She roared and sent a continuous bolt of lightning this time, not stopping as she continued to talk. "I will give all of you an eternity of suffering like you have no idea! Even after I save my Kitty, I will make sure you all will regret what these three did forever!"

"Headmistress Eternal Rest..." suddenly said a voice that was clearly making himself small, interrupting her. Eternal Rest suddenly turned her head, still enraged, in the direction of the voice, making the Trickster cower in fear. Still, he continued. "The fillies have reached the floor."

At what he said, Eternal Rest turned to the screens and saw the fillies carefuly exiting the elevator at the entrance of her floor.

"Good," she said before she grabbed the whimpering doll. "Make sure that their little friend is ready to greet them. And that all the remaining ghosts in the hotel are ready to fight."

"Yes, headmistress!" said the Trickster before he flew away.

Eternal Rest then turned to a cage with a certain lilac mare actually unconscious in it.

"Let's make them REALLY regret what they did."

Author's Note:

As much as I would have liked to better describe the dance battle against the dancing Tricksters, I'm sadly not a good enough "dance fighter" to describe a good fighting choreography. Just imagine something like this.
As for how the chapter was short, well, sorry. Floor 14 is easily the shortest floor, so I couldn't do any miracles. It should be compensated by the next chapter.

Name: Sunny Day, The Fiery DJ, DeathJay
Age when dead: 22
Time of death: 3 years ago
Cause of death: Hit on the head by a blunt object
Info: Her parents hoped to make her a weather pony like they had always been in the family, but the still young Sunny Day decided otherwise when she developped a love for music and parties that led her to become a DJ. Where her family wanted her to move clouds, she prefered to make ponies move in rhythm, including herself. She was quickly known in a good part of Cloudsdale as The Fiery DJ because she loved to symbolise fire. She even began to wear an afro that reminded of a fiery red sun. Of course, her parents didn't accept that, especially her father who got really violent about this to the point that during an argument, he mortally wounded her by hitting her on the head with a blunt object.