• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 8,118 Views, 518 Comments

Spike's Turnabout - PonyJoel



It's time for a change in Spike's life. No more abuse, no more being used, no more loneliness. His decision will change Equestria's future for everyone.

  • ...
14
 518
 8,118

Nightmarish Talk

Author's Note:

Princess Luna and Spike have a talk.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

It's now 11:30 at night. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack fell asleep due to exhaustion. They decided to embrace Luna's nightmare punishment. Twilight Sparkle is on the train heading back to Ponyville; she too is asleep. In Pony Central, Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, and Sunny Flare decided to give Spike a goodnight hug then a goodnight kiss on his cheek. Spike goes to his bed and drifts to sleep. In a few moments, Princess Luna is getting ready for her nightmare patrol. Now with instructions courtesy from Discord, it's Celestia's instructions for Luna to follow through. Princess Luna looks at her night sky then enters the realm of dreams. She's on her way to locate Spike to have a long discussion.

Spike is having a fun time in his dream. He's with Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Sour Sweet, and Sunny Flare. They are going to the Crystal Empire for the upcoming Equestrian Games. Princess Luna enters Spike's dream. In a few moments, Luna finds Spike and approaches him.

"Hello, Spike. Thou have a minute?"

"Hey, Princess Luna. Sure, I have plenty of time to spare," Spike said happily.

"Thou shall follow me," Luna said. She escorts Spike into the realm of dreams.

"So, what is it you want to talk about?"

Princess Luna sighs sadly. "My sister, sent me here to bring you back to Twilight Sparkle."

"What?! No! Why?!" Spike asks fearfully. Just hearing Twilight's name makes him quiver in fear. "Princess Celestia told me that I don't have to go anywhere!"

"My sister made a mistake. She foresees the future. Spike, you hinge everything Twilight and the Element of Harmony Wielders, bestow."

"How did Princess Celestia foresee the Future, Luna?" Spike asks curiously.

"She has a gift. Her dreams allow her to witness the unfortunate effects of the future. All of Equestria hinges on you, Spike. Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack start to change and deform for the worse."

"You're lying...They don't need me..." Spike starts tearing up, "All they do is used and abused me. I can't go back to that lifestyle,"

"Allow me to show you, life without your presence in Ponyville."

Luna takes Spike and enters Fluttershy's dream.

"Whose dream is this, Luna?"

"Fluttershy's dream. Once again, back-to-back nights, she's reliving this dream,"

Fluttershy's animals in her cottage are abandoning her. Fluttershy pleads, begs for the animals to stay with her. They made up their minds. They don't want to be abused by ponies. Fluttershy cries as her cottage is empty and silent. Spike feels a little shameful but not enough to make him go back to Twilight Sparkle. Princess Luna proceeds to the next dream.

"Where are we now, Luna?"

"Rarity's dream."

Rarity is living in poverty. Without Spike's assistance, Rarity is unable to create new fascinating dresses. She's unable to work her magic. She's wearing rags for clothes. Rarity is starving. Her body looks like she hasn't eaten in weeks.

"Whoa, this is horrifying, Luna,"

"This is a dream, Spike. Imagine if this were to happen in reality when you aren't around."

Spike shook his head, not wanting to imagine that possibility. Princess Luna takes Spike to Pinkie Pie's dream.

"Is this..?"

"Yes, this is Pinkie Pie's dream."

Pinkie Pie can no longer throw parties. After hearing Spike's reasoning for running away, ponies decide to discriminate Pinkie Pie for who she is. They don't invite her to any parties. They don't come to any parties thrown by her. They took Pinkie's smile. Since Spike is no longer residing in Ponyville, she decides to retire as a party planner. Pinkie Pie cares so much for other ponies she neglected her only outer species friend. After realizing her mistake and being unable to fix it, Pinkie Pie decides to move back to her rock farm. With Ponyville no longer having any smiles, Ponyville becomes a not-so-happy place to live. Spike shed a few tears.

The next dream Princess Luna brings Spike to belongs to Rainbow Dash. The Wonderbolts dismiss Rainbow Dash for discriminating and mocking a different species. They don't tolerate racism from anypony. Rainbow Dash pleads with Spitfire to give her another chance. Rainbow Dash begs Soarin and the rest of the Wonderbolts to allow her to redeem herself. They denied her request. Rainbow Dash cries as the Wonderbolts fly away from her. Rainbow's career of becoming a Wonderbolt is over. She hits herself multiple times as she starts going into insanity. Spike has seen too much and wants the nightmare to end. Princess Luna takes Spike to Applejack's dream.

"Sweet...Apple...Acres," Spike said. He sniffs as he's seen horrid faces from the ponies' dreams.

"Yes. Without you, Spike. Applejack is guaranteed to have no help for Apple bucking season."

Applejack is in a state of panic. She frantically looks around her in the apple tree orchard. Nopony is coming to help her, after hearing how Twilight and her friends used Spike, they too don't want to be used for hard labor and not get appreciation. Applejack is unable to get any of her family to come and help her. Applejack's friends are nowhere in sight. Once more, she's alone with a tough task ahead of her. Applejack yells for help. No one comes. The apples themselves are rotten. Ever since the Apple Family heard the news of Spike, they started to have trust issues with Applejack. Even Apple Bloom hasn't looked up to her sister. Applejack hits her head on the apple trees. Hoping everything she's experiencing is nothing more than a nightmare.

"Ponyville without apples are going to starve..."

"Not just that, Spike. There is one more thing I have to show you."

Princess Luna takes Spike to Twilight's dream. Twilight is at the Golden Oak Library. She's clutching the picture of she and Spike, apologizing over and over. Twilight's room is a mess. Books scattered everywhere, notes on the walls, and Twilight repeat the same sentence. "I'm sorry, Spike! I'm sorry, Spike! I'm sorry, Spike! I'm sorry, Spike!" Spike has never seen Twilight broken like this. He feels bad. Spike turns to Luna.

"What happens in Celestia's vision?"

"I'll show you."

Princess Luna takes Spike to Princess Celestia's dream. From there, Spike sees Equestria divided and conquered. A raging beast destroying all plant life in Equestria, ponies, too weak to do anything but watch the carnage, Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadance being locked up in Tartarus, and all of Equestria doomed to suffering for all of eternity. Spike has seen enough. His new friends and family would be suffering as well, their fate sealed by his decision to run away. Spike turns to Princess Luna with tears in his eyes.

"Luna, I want all of this to stop..."

Princess Luna pulls Spike out of Princess Celestia's dream. Spike pants and looks at Princess Luna. She too is shedding tears.

"Spike, I do have the magic to erase your mind, the minds of everypony else as well. I'll erase the times you were abused and used as well. Hopefully, Twilight Sparkle and her friends will be treating you better."

"I don't care anymore. I don't want anypony to suffer from my decisions..." Spike starts to cry. "My suffering does bring harmony in Equestria!"

Princess Luna hugs Spike using her wings. She can't bear to see Spike, cry. She promises Spike that everything will be better. Spike calms down and allows Princess Luna to work her magic. Even though Spike's mind is about to get erased, he spoke the names of his friends; Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Sour Sweet, and Sunny Flare.

Princess Luna erases Spike's mind. He no longer remembers the time of being used, abused, mocked, laughed at, and left behind. The erase memory spell spreads like wildfire throughout all of Equestria. What happened the day after never happened. Spike is sleeping on his bed next to Twilight Sparkle. She just came back home from Manehattan. She smiles, knowing that everything will be better than before.

"Welcome home, Spike," Twilight whispers lovingly. "I'll take better care of you, I promise."

Discord relinquishes his grip on Princess Luna. He pants, knowing he took happiness away from a friend of his. Discord isn't allowed to speak about the soul-binding agreement. He hopes that the agreement has a setback so Spike can return to his real family. Spike deserves better, not more suffering.

"Twilight Sparkle, I hope you get what you truly deserve. Especially, you; Princess Celestia," Discord says as he goes to sleep.