• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 8,104 Views, 518 Comments

Spike's Turnabout - PonyJoel



It's time for a change in Spike's life. No more abuse, no more being used, no more loneliness. His decision will change Equestria's future for everyone.

  • ...
14
 518
 8,104

Luna's Morning

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

It is now 7:30 in the morning. Princess Luna is now waking up. Discord returns from doing Luna's nightmare patrol. He comes by to Luna's room to check on her.

"Hey, Luna. How are you feeling?" Discord asks. Coming back from the dream realm, he has some thorns and arrows sticking out of his body.

"Good, Draqonecuus. You had fun doing my job?" Luna said as she stretches.

"The most fun I had in years, Luna. Seeing other ponies' dreams and messing around with their nightmares adds a new meaning of thrills and chills."

"Some nightmares are fun to mess with to help ponies sleep soundly."

"So, what you have planned for today?"

"Since Twilight Sparkle came last night, I shall prepare my teachings for today."

"Uhh, what about the morning meetings? Celestia, before Daybreaker, always attend morning meetings."

"Unless the morning meetings have any info on Daybreaker or any loose villain of Equestria, I am not interested in this giving point."

"Do they know?"

"Yes. Every morning as of late, I get the same reception," Luna coughs. "Princess Luna, we need submitted forms for this invention, Princess, we're coming close on a discovery with a cure, Princess, we need Princess Celestia back, Princess this, Princess that, Princess..." Princess Luna groans out of frustration. "Ponies of Canterlot can be a nuisance at times. I have more priorities as a Princess than addressing meaningless propositions ponies are coming up with."

"I see you're on the serious tone than previous Princesses."

"Protection is what my Equestria needs. I need to be ready when danger comes around."

"Well, you have my support, Luna. I'm still getting used to the Friendship thang, however, before I went rogue centuries ago, you and I were on mutual grounds. Might as well build a stronger level of trust and friendship."

"Of course, Discord and we shall," Princess Luna said. Smiling a bit as she finished her stretches. "I have a favor to ask of you, Discord."

"Sure, what is it?"

"I won't be able to fulfill my duties during the night as new ruler of Equestria. I need help with the nightmare patrol every night. Can you," Luna is cut off because of Discord saying his answer already.

"Yes. I'll help you with the nightmare patrol duty. I had fun last night fighting off and messing with the nightmares. I want to fight off more of those nightmares ponies have every night," Discord said happily. He is now wearing a lone ranger costume.

"Thank you, my friend. That means a lot to us."

"You're welcome, Luna. You are, after all, locating the books of D.W.A.D. It's the least I can do to repay you. Also, it's you. Not them."

"Huh?" Princess Luna said in confusion.

"Well, Nightmare Moon is not part of you. It's Celestia's anger inside of you creating Nightmare Moon. So the correct term for you is, I."

"Thank you for correcting me, Discord."

"You're welcome. I'll see you later tonight."

"Alright, Discord. Have a fun day."

"I will, ta ta!" Discord said as he opens a closet door going straight to Fluttershy's cottage.

"Alright, time to wake up, Twilight Sparkle," Princess Luna lowers the moon and raises the sun. A bit overdue, however, she needed the extra sleep. She'll let the sun up for an extended hour to make up the loss of time.

Princess Luna walks down the corridors. Raven Inkwell comes up to Luna.

"Morning, Princess Luna. How are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine, Raven. Any complaints about the morning meetings I refused to enter?"

"Not at all, Princess Luna. I believe they finally got the message. You'll only listen to the utmost importance meetings. Not idiocy meetings that have nothing to do with Daybreaker and destruction of Equestria."

"Thank you, Raven. I will attend those that can help all ponies of Equestria. Not for them to make a profit of."

"Of course. Straight to the point, Princess Luna."

"If any news of Daybreaker comes up, report to me immediately. I don't want to be disturbed for the rest of the day. I need to start teaching Twilight Sparkle the proper ways of becoming a Princess of Equestria."

"Understood, my Princess. I'll be going now," Raven trots the other way.

Princess Luna trots to Twilight's door and knocks.

"One minute, please!" Twilight said as she frantically packs her things of the day. Twilight checks and rechecks her inventory. Princess steps back and sighs as she hears Twilight's commotion. Twilight opens the door.

"Twilight Sparkle," Princess Luna said calmly.

Twilight Sparkle is a mess, her hair and mane messy, her body is twitching; it looks like she hasn't slept in days.

"Sorry for being tardy, Princess," Twilight said apologetically.

"No need to apologize, Twilight. I recommend you refreshen yourself up before the day can begin."

"Yes," Twilight slowly back into the room. "Princess Luna. I'll need a few minutes."

"Take your time, Twilight. We're in no rush for today. I'll meet you by the throne."

Twilight closes the door slowly and sighs heavily. She gallops to the bathroom to take a soothing hot bath. Princess Luna trots to her throne and sits, now awaiting for Twilight Sparkle.

After an hour, Twilight leaves her room and trot towards Luna's throne. Princess Luna is meditating on the floor.

"Princess Luna?" Twilight asks.

Princess Luna opens her eyes from her meditation. She looks at Twilight whose in better condition than an hour ago.

"Twilight Sparkle," Luna said calmly.

"Sorry for how I was earlier. I wanted to prepare myself for anything you teach me like a Princess. Taking notes, studying, analyzing, the works."

"Twilight Sparkle, there is no need to overstress yourself," Luna replies calmly. "It's only the first day of many that I'll be teaching you to become a proper ruler of Equestria. No need to fret. Unlike Celestia who sends you away to learn, I'll be by your side teaching you all I know."

"Thank you, Princess Luna."

"Before we begin, understand your flaws first."

"My flaws? Princess Luna, I don't have many flaws."

"So, what are your flaws then, Princess Twilight Sparkle?"

"Well, uh..." Twilight thinks hard on herself. Her body starts to twitch a bit as she stresses out a bit.

"Twilight, by not acknowledging your flaws, you are stressing yourself. Everypony has flaws. Even I have mine."

"What are your flaws, Princess Luna?" Twilight states.

"I have a hard time channeling my emotions, which is why I meditate to control them better. I tend to speak loudly with my Royal Voice. Only time I use my Royal Voice is when I'm making a statement or in anger. I'm still trying to get everypony to trust, love, and worship me the way they have towards Celestia. Being a pony of the Night, Princess of the Night, they still find me scary. Also, trying to convince I was a victim of Celestia's demented plans is harder for ponies to understand. As of late, I am unable to keep up with my nighttime duties as Princess of the Night. Asking for help is harder than helping others. Something I can relate to Applejack during her apple bucking season. I'm struggling in my mind towards my sister. Can I forgive her for what she's done to me or punish her like sending her away using the Elements of Harmony? In my mind, its a war between what to do when the time is right. It's depleting my concentration every day," Princess Luna looks up at the stained window, the one that has Celestia banishing her to the moon. "I fear that Daybreaker may strike at any moment. Which is why I discontinued any meetings with ponies of Canterlot they had with Celestia."

"Sorry for asking, Luna."

"No need to apologize, Twilight. You need to know the level of stress as a Princess. It's not easy ruling Equestria. The stress of becoming a Princess may overwhelm you, however, by calming yourself and keeping a state of mind, it will help you make better decisions."

"I understand, Princess Luna."

"Good. Now, tell me. What are your flaws, Twilight Sparkle?"

Twilight sighs heavily. She takes a deep breath allowing her thoughts to flow through in her mind. After a few moments, she's ready to speak.

"I tend to get carried away whenever I have a test. When I don't have it my way, I twitch. When I'm stressed, I twitch. When I'm angry, I twitch. I have a twitching problem that throws my concentration away. I have outbursts like any other pony. I organize a lot and make sure everything is perfect. If it isn't perfect, I snap and make sure it is perfect for the littlest detail. I have an unfortunate mishap of handling with other creatures such as baby dragons," Twilight sighs sadly. She's now thinking of Spike. "I have a habit of making wrongful decisions instead of learning my mistakes. I can't let go..."

"I think that'll be enough, Twilight. Also, from what I've heard and seen, you have an OCD problem."

"OCD!" Twilight shouts angrily. "I don't have OCD!" Twilight said neglectfully.

Princess Luna sighs. "Twilight; you make sure that everything is perfect, you flip out when things are wrong, you rush and go into exact detail. If you are worried about a Princess having a disorder, it's nothing to be afraid of," Princess Luna said reassuringly.

"It...is?" Twilight questions as she calms down.

"Yes, it is. Having a disorder doesn't make you feel pathetic or anything of it. By overcoming the disorder, you'll be stronger and have a better mindset as ruler of Equestria."

"How? How?! How does that make me a better Princess?"

"Improving on yourself, setting goals to achieve down the road. Knowing what you have and use it properly."

"I thought I was..."

"In all honesty, you weren't. You allowed stress to overwhelm you. Your OCD made it worse once stress picked up. It's a bad combination when making decisions such as trying to get Spike back into your life when he ran from you,"

Twilight blinks, her knees shudder uncontrollably.

"I am aware that you and Spike were close together before he ran. You wanted things to go back to normal. Your decision making with stress and OCD clouded your mind with misjudgment. It's unhealthy, Twilight. I will teach you to overcome it in due time."

"Even if or when I overcome that flaw, Princess Luna... Spike will never forgive me," Twilight said sadder.

"Never say never, Twilight. No one can hate forever. Not even I. Give Spike time, I'm pretty sure he'll forgive you."

"You, really mean that, Princess Luna?"

"Yes," Princess Luna nods. "I do."

"Will that be the same for Daybreaker?"

"Only time will tell, Twilight," Luna said sternly.

"So," Twilight said as she smiles a bit. "What are you going to teach me for today?"

"My teaching will commence on a trip to Ponyville. We'll leave in a half-hour."

"Ponyville? Why Ponyville, Princess Luna?"

"My first lesson will have an impact on you mentally. When we move forward, reflecting on the past helps us become a better Princess."

"I understand. I'll prepare my things."

"That won't be necessary, Twilight. The Royal Guards will fly us to Ponyville. We will be in Ponyville for the rest of the afternoon."

"Alright, then," Twilight said.

After a half-hour, Princess Luna and Twilight are on their way to Ponyville. Princess Luna meditates on the way there, hoping that her first teaching goes well for Twilight Sparkle.