• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 8,111 Views, 518 Comments

Spike's Turnabout - PonyJoel



It's time for a change in Spike's life. No more abuse, no more being used, no more loneliness. His decision will change Equestria's future for everyone.

  • ...
14
 518
 8,111

Talk

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

Princess Luna, Twilight, Cadance, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Discord are back in Ponyville. Twilight and her friends are gloomy. No longer wielding the Elements, no longer defenders of Equestria, it's now regular life. They don't know what to do next. Discord is having a fun time dancing to disco fever music. Princess Luna can see the regret and sorrow written in Twilight's face. Being unable to be with Spike and corrupting his Friendship with the new wielders.

"Twilight Sparkle," Luna said.

"Yes, Princess Luna?" Twilight said sadly. Her head hung low as she addresses the Princess.

"Thou shall stay in Ponyville for a week. Spend some time with your friends before your next studies commence."

"Yes, Princess Luna."

"I shall come for you. Use this week to prepare thyself mentally as well."

"So, can we still be defenders of Equestria?" Rainbow asks.

"You can be as thee Wonderbolt, Rainbow Dash."

"That'll take years, Princess Luna. Also, is there a chance for my friends and me to reclaim the Elements of Harmony?"

"Nay," Princess shakes her head. "The Elements of Harmony decided you and your friends are not worthy of how you treated Spike. The Elements of Harmony goes to those who are worthy of living up to the name. You, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy brought nothing but Disharmony to Spike. The Elements don't allow those who mistreat another creature poorly."

"We're sorry, Luna." Rainbow and the former wielders said.

"You should be apologizing to Spike. Maybe, just maybe, the Elements may reconsider. I wouldn't keep your hopes on that, though. The new wielders show promise. Also, the Elements work in mysterious ways."

"So, Luna. We need to discuss the book of D.W.A.D."

"What do you have in mind, Discord?"

"Daybreaker made copies of the book. I don't know how many there are," Discord said as he's holding the one Tirek used.

"I shall send a battalion to confiscate all books of D.W.A.D. We shall not allow another creature to use the book for Disharmony. It's a weapon against the Elements of Harmony. It takes away certain freedoms you hold dearly."

"Thank you, Princess Luna. You are already starting to become a wiser Princess than Daybreaker."

"I shall return to Canterlot. I need to inform the Royal Guards of Daybreaker. Then resume my duties as nightfall shall come soon," Princess Luna said as she flaps her wings and flies off to Canterlot.

"Twilight Sparkle," Cadance said.

"Yes, Princess Cadance?"

"I'm going home to the Crystal Empire. I want you to ponder this question; What kind of a Princess do I want to be? When you have answered it, work on achieving it. If you need me, you know where to find me."

"Yes, Princess Cadance," Twilight said. She still has her head down in sadness and guilt. She not only ruined Spike's life in the past, corrupted his Friendship, and screwed her friends out of the Elements of Harmony. Though in hindsight, they played their part in making Spike's life worsen, she could have spoken up when she had the chance.

Princess Cadance trots over to the train station, now waiting for the next train.

"Girls?" Twilight asks. "Can I sleepover with one of you?"

"Your welcome to come by to the Apple house, Twilight," Applejack said.

"I have a spare bedroom in my boutique," Rarity said.

"You can have my bed in my cottage, Twilight. I don't mind sleeping on the couch," Fluttershy said.

"I have books in my cloudominium," Rainbow said.

"I'll sleepover at Fluttershy's cottage for the night," Twilight said. "I'll see everypony later." Twilight takes the walk of shame to Fluttershy's cottage.

2 hours later. Princess Luna is back in Canterlot. Raven is asking for Princess Celestia and for the upcoming meetings that approach. Princess Luna tells Raven there's been a change of things. She orders every official for a private meeting of Princess Celestia. After a while, ponies are stunned, horrified, and feared. Princess Celestia. Daybreaker. She's now a threat to all ponies in Equestria. With the new wielders of the Elements, Equestria has its protection. With Princess Luna, wielding the Element of Magic, they know that Princess Luna will step up to fight for Equestria.

"Raven,"

"Yes, Princess Luna,"

"Any meetings that don't regard our true objectives are immediately terminated. I have no time to wither meaningless meetings over nothingness."

"Yes, Princess Luna. I'll cross out meetings Celestia was about to endure. Anything else, your highness?"

"I'll only accept certain meetings in Canterlot that regard for everyponies well being. Anything else, I won't listen."

"Very well, Princess Luna. There will be dozens of ponies who will be disappointed."

"Would they rather complain about meaningless experiments and royalty or cherish their lives and security. If they speak as I am unable to, you ask thee that question."

"Understood, Princess Luna. Straight to the point. Something that Celestia won't do."

Raven and Princess Luna enter the throne room where dozen of ponies are meeting to speak with her. After a while, many ponies left disappointed. Princess Luna discharge many approvals made by Celestia. Several ponies cursed at Princess Luna and wanted Princess Celestia back. Princess Luna stomps her hooves and uses her Royal Voice.

"Ponies of Canterlot! Princess Celestia is not thy Princess any longer! She has turned her back on all of us! She is more likely to rule all of Equestria with an Iron Hoof. Would you prefer to be free or beg for mercy?!" Ponies in the throne room are disturbed and horrified. They can't believe that Princess Celestia has turned into another Nightmare Moon. "Princess Celestia is known as Daybreaker! She is the cause of my transformation a millennium ago. She bestows her anger in me. Now her anger has returned to her." Ponies are silent and dare not to speak. "Any who curse at me shall see the truth."

Princess Luna uses her magic and unleashes a memory barrage. Everypony in the throne witness the crucial moments in the Tree of Harmony's presence. How Twilight and her friends' loss the Elements of Harmony to a new group of ponies and seeing the truth of Princess Celestia now as Daybreaker. Ponies in the throne room have a newfound respect for Princess Luna. They bow in sincerity and respect. Then they leave Princess Luna and head back home.

"Raven."

"Yes, your highness?"

"I'm going to Pony Central to check on the new wielders of the Elements. Afterward, I shall return to resume my duties for the evening."

"Of course, Princess. Have a nice day, Princess Luna."

Princess Luna flies to Pony Central to meet with the new wielders and Spike. She hopes that they can handle the new responsibilities the Elements of Harmony are giving them for all Equestria's sake.