• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 8,107 Views, 518 Comments

Spike's Turnabout - PonyJoel



It's time for a change in Spike's life. No more abuse, no more being used, no more loneliness. His decision will change Equestria's future for everyone.

  • ...
14
 518
 8,107

Nightmares and Reflections

Author's Note:

The past can seem troubling at times.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

Spike is sleeping in his bed. He's muttering, shifting, sweating, and perturbing. The nightmares Spike is suffering are all his memories of being used, abused, mocked, left behind, and forgotten. Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Sour Sweet, and Sunny Flare all worried for Spike. He's been like this for the past three days. The girls don't know what they can do. They try waking him up, using spells; even Luna's magic hasn't woken him up or been able to process his dream. Luna suggests to wait it out until Spike wakes up.

Spike is sleeping on the melting ice block. His friends are laughing at him during Winter Wrap Up. A few moments later, the ice block melts, and Spike is underwater. He struggles to gasp for air as his heart beats rapidly. His body is quickly shivering from the cold water lake. Spike tries to recompose himself as he swims. With luck, Spike manages to get out of the freezing lake. He pants heavily, trying to catch his breath. After catching his breath, he starts sneezing. Spike now realizes that he's got a cold. Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash are still laughing at Spike's mishap. Spike walks home sneezing as Twilight and her friends celebrate success for bringing Spring to Ponyville, on time. Despite Spike having a cold, Twilight made him write a letter to Princess Celestia reporting about her friendship lesson. Spike feels like he would rather die in the lake than endure another day in Ponyville.

Spike is on his way to meet up with the other dragons for the migration. Part of him is fed up with Rainbow Dash's mockery of him. Calling him a lame dragon is rude for a baby dragon. Wanting to know more of himself rather than being infested with other ponies, Spike found a teenage dragon group to hang and learn. Garble and his friends mock Spike for what he is. A dragon with no wings. However, Garble and his cronies made Spike endure different trials of being a dragon. From flame belching to tail wrestling to king of the hoard to cannonball in the lava pit. After doing a belly flop into the lava, he gains the teenage dragons' respect and dubs thee rookie dragon. Then the dragons have a party. Garble tells Spike to stick with him. He and his cronies will teach Spike more about becoming a dragon. For once in his life, Spike feels right at home. He's with his kind. Garble and his friends can be like his big brothers. Not having to worry much about his pony friends, they can wait a while. Garble and his friends take Spike on a raid. He felt uncomfortable about raiding a phoenix's eggs. He went with it anyways. Unbeknown to him, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity follow Spike. They save Spike from Garble and his friends. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Spike hug, however, a cold shoulder crept on Spike. His pony friends are no better than the dragons. They mocked, teased, inflicted pain, and laughed at him. How dare his pony friends having the audacity of calling the dragons horrid creatures when they were horrid to him. Spike vows to be kind and treated the baby phoenix better than his friends treats him. Spike can feel that without his presence, they would drag him back home. They needed their butler back home and would not allow him to be with his kind any longer.

Spike is left alone as Twilight leaves him for her activities. He's crying knowing that no one would help or comfort him. He begs and pleas for anyone to give him company. No one shows up. When Twilight comes back, she often hits Spike when he says something wrong or embarrasses Twilight in front of ponies. He often gets whack in the head or lands on the ground hard. Every day, he would get hit hard, used as a test subject, used as a pincushion, and for sporting. He wishes to be treated better like a pony and not lower in their standings.

Lemon Zest and her friends can see Spike enduring every emotional and physical trauma in his sleep. Sudden bruises popping on Spike's body then heals rapidly. It's horrifying to watch. It's like watching a horror film documentary without the film. Spike levitates in his sleep which is disturbing to everyone. They realize what it meant. Spike is experiencing the moment his memories wiped clean thanks to Twilight and her soul-binding agreement with the book of D.W.A.D.

"Oh boy, he's going through the last stretch of his memories," Lemon said nervously.

"Yea," Indigo said. "The last few days has been brutal to watch,"

"I just want to hug Spike when he wakes up," Sunny said sincerely.

"I want to make him happy," Sugarcoat said.

"I want to give him something good to eat. The Pudding Family is making all sorts of treats for when Spike wakes up," Sour said sadly.

"I want Spike to wake up! Enough is enough with the suffering!" Lemon said with tears stream down her face.

Lemon and her friends continue to watch the final stretch of Spike's dreams. After an hour, Spike finally wakes up. He groans from exhaustion.

"Finally! He's awake!" The girls said in unison.

They group hug Spike. Spike's memories are back. Spike can see the faces of relief from his friends. They smile lovingly at him.

"So, what happened while I was...asleep?"

"So much has happened while you were reliving your past, Spike," Sour said.

"Yea, we saw how your body changed differently. Your body bruised, healed, levitated, tear flow, and much more," Sunny said.

"Also, we never knew exactly what Twilight Sparkle and her friends had inflicted on you. Now we know from your movements in your sleep," Sugarcoat states.

"Wow, sorry that I had you all worry so much of me,"

"No need to apologize, Spike," Lemon said.

"Yea, we understand. We're your family after all," Indigo said as she smiles proudly.

"We care about you, Spike. You are our friend," Sunny said.

"Plus, we have a new responsibility for all of Equestria. We want you included with what we do," Sugarcoat said.

"If you want to," Sour said.

"Of course I do. I want to create memories with you all. I want to live a happy life."

"Now, I have to ask you something, Spike," Lemon said. "Will you someday forgive Twilight and her friends?"

"I don't think I will. Twilight and her friends trespassed and assaulted you all. She threatened to take me away and erase my mind. She made a deal with the devil. She manipulated Princess Luna's mind to force me to give up my life here in Pony Central. She corrupted my friendship! They used me over and over like I'm a slave! I hope they all go to Tartarus!" Spike breaks down. "How can I forgive a monster who is worse than Daybreaker?" Tears stream down on Spike's face. "How can I forgive those who used me, abused me, and left me behind? How can I forgive those who cause me to suffer physical and emotional trauma?! That's like saying giving Daybreaker a chance to reform! I hate them! I'll never forgive them for the years of suffering I engulf by the hooves of those tyrants! They should be encased in stone!" Spike pants angrily and heavily.

The girls expected this kind of answer from Spike and they were a bit frighten by his response. They needed to hear what he says from his heart. The girls will report to Luna about Spike's decision. During Spike's memory dream, Princess Luna came by to check on things. She asks the girls to question Spike about his former friends and Twilight. If he doesn't deem them any worth apologizing then, Luna knows what to do for Twilight's redemption road. Twilight Sparkle won't be having the castle in Pony Central. She'll have to stay in Canterlot. Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Sour Sweet, and Sunny Flare pulls Spike in another group hug. Then they leave the bedroom. They have something special in store for Spike, tonight.