• Published 12th Oct 2019
  • 8,116 Views, 518 Comments

Spike's Turnabout - PonyJoel



It's time for a change in Spike's life. No more abuse, no more being used, no more loneliness. His decision will change Equestria's future for everyone.

  • ...
14
 518
 8,116

Cadance Reads Spike's Friend

Author's Note:

Cadance's reading takes place during the same night as Spike's Surprise.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Comment if you please.

Have a nice day/night reading.

Princess Cadance trots down the corridors of the Crystal Castle to her room. Another day in the Crystal Empire as usual. Cadance looks at a book that caught her eye.

"That's the book Shining brought over from the Golden Oak Library," Cadance examines the book. "Spike's Friend?"

Shining Armor walks into the room. He sees Cadance observing the book.

"Read it if you want to understand the trauma Spike went through," Shining said calmly.

"You've read it?" Cadance asks curiously.

Yes," Shining admitting to Cadance's question. "I now see Twilight differently. The way she was handling Spike is wrong on so many levels." It makes me question how somepony or he hasn't called the CPS."

"What would you've done, Shining?"

"If Spike were to tell me everything he's been through, I would have taken him away from Twilight. Teach Twilight responsibility for how to raise a child. You can't leave him or use him up like a puppet."

"Interesting. I'll start reading the journal. You take a watch for the evening. I don't want to be disturbed."

"Understood my love," Shining said as he leaves the room.

Cadance starts reading Spike's Friend. The first entry is about Spike missing out on fun parties and having to hear Twilight brag about it while having to write Princess Celestia about her studies. Next entry is about Spike missing the Sonic Rainboom and have to clean up a mess. The next one shook Cadance a bit.

"Twilight, what the hay were you thinking? Spike could have died in that freezing water," Cadance said as she finished reading Spike's near-death experience. "I can't believe that she nor her friends would try to save him instead of laughing at him. It's unreal."

The next journal entry reveals Spike's loneliness during the Grand Galloping Gala. Cadance sheds a few tears, understanding the life of being ditched and left behind.

"Hey, wait. What's this?" Cadance used her magic and unfolded a page in the journal. "The day Twilight found someone else?" Cadance starts reading the journal entry thoroughly.

Dear Journal,

Twilight Sparkle has a new assistant. Owlicious. At first, I didn't like the fact the Owlicious would be helping me with my chores. During that time, I was a bit territorial. I believe that Twilight got Owlicious to replace me. He was getting things for her, doing my work, and Twilight hasn't asked how I feel. For a while due to my mistake the other night, I was wrapped up in guilt because I burnt a book when I sneezed then lie to Twilight about the book's disappearance. When she found out, I felt nothing but shame. That was my fault for not owning up to my mistake. When Twilight told me that Owlicious found the book, I believe that he set me up, so I wanted payback. That was another mistake I made. When Twilight told me that I'm not the Spike she knows and loves, I knew from right then and there she doesn't love me anymore. I decided to pack the essentials and run away. When I ran away from home, I felt like Twilight should have talked to me about how I was feeling. I'm only a child. Twilight treated and handled the situation like I'm an adult. I found a cave, nearly got killed by another dragon, Twilight saves me, and finally admits her mistake. She should have been sensitive instead of strict. I did apologize for my actions. Things were getting better until Twilight started asking me for more than Owlicious. It was the turning point of my responsibilities piling up. I work, clean, cook, and care while she gets to have fun with her friends. She doesn't ask Owlicious for help anymore. She asks him to come out for pet playdates or to keep her company as she reads. At first, I didn't like it. Now, I miss having Owlicious helping around. I am getting tired of my new routine. I do hope everything gets better from here.

Cadance has more sympathy for Spike than ever before. Cadance continues to read more journal entries. Tears stream down Cadance's face as she reads the sadistic entries of Spike's suffering. She's enraged with Twilight allowing her friends to use Spike as a tool and how Twilight would hit Spike in public and in front of her friends. Cadance now understands why Spike feels like he's a slave to Twilight and her friends. He was one before he ran a second time. Cadance puts the book away. She doesn't want to read any more of it.

"Twilight and her friends have some serious problems," Cadance said emotionlessly. "I'll be glad to show them a piece of my mind."

Shining Armor comes in the room. He's a bit tired for the night.

"Hi, love," Shining said. "How are you holding up?"

"Spike suffered a lot, Shining."

"I know."

"I'm going to visit Spike in Pony Central tomorrow."

"Understood. I'll visit Princess Luna. We need to talk about Daybreaker and how to handle Equestria's new defenders."

"Have you read the page that was folded up?"

"Yes. In hindsight, Spike acknowledges his mistakes, however, Twilight chose to handle things differently. I can't believe Twilight would be that strict with Spike over a little white lie. She confronted Spike's little white lie as a federal crime. Then again, I want to hear her side of that story."

Silence reigns in the room. Cadance and Shining yawn from exhaustion.

"Let's continue this chat in the morning, love," Shining said.

"Sure, I need a good sleep."

Shining Armor and Cadance fall asleep together in their room.