• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 11,005 Views, 364 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Another Way - King_Again



"Why are you being so nice to me?" ... "Look, just because we're rivals doesn't mean I can't be nice to you."

  • ...
48
 364
 11,005

II~Sugarcube Corner

Sugarcube Corner

When they arrived at Sugarcube Corner, they had done like they said. Sugarcoat paid for Sunset's treat while Sunset paid for Sugarcoat's treat. Of course it looked like they had paid for their own drinks, to them, they didn't. That was okay. They sat down at the table a couple footsteps away from the door, and just talked. They had taken off their jackets to feel the warmth of the cafe's air.

Then the moment was ruined between the possible new friends when the door opened and shut. Rainbow's clear voice rang out like the fallout and Sunset winced, ready to leave before Sugarcoat stopped her and shook her head. No. She wasn't going to allow Sunset to show off weakness because she was just afraid of her former friends and what they might do to her. Besides, she had a shadowbolt on her side, she shouldn't be feeling scared. Certainly not of Rainbow Dash, despite the ambush being set up by the girl.

"Do you have to be everywhere we go!?" Rainbow growled out, crossing her arms. "I thought it was made clear we couldn't be here at the same time!"

"We got here first," Sugarcoat replied, deadpan. "You can leave."

"And now you're hanging around a Shadowbolt!?" added RD. "Are you trying to make a fool out of yourself?"

"The only fool is yourself." Sugarcoat added onto her sentence.

Sunset could almost sense the anger boiling back up in Sugarcoat and she wasn't sure if she should stop the girl or allow her to go on. On one hand, it would be nice to see the Rainbooms get what they deserved, but on the other hand, this could get Sugarcoat banded on Sugarcube Corner and she didn't want that at all.

"Pardon me, Sugarcube," Applejack said, ignoring Sugarcoat's look, "Yer just gonna waste yer time with this secret-stealer here. She ain't nothin' but a troublemaker."

"Only because you labeled her like that."

Rarity held back a roll of her eyes, "Darling, believe us, we're trying to save you!"

"From what? A pointless argument that you're not going to win?" Sugarcoat asked.

"Okay! That's enough!" Rainbow slammed her hands down onto the table, trying to keep her gaze away from the two owners at the front counter. "You're just going to get betrayed if you hang out with Anon-a-bitch!"

"Hmm... Which way? The way you pushed her away the moment you thought she was the one spilling out every little secret known? Or the way you don't trust her enough to share her side, therefore you think she betrayed you by putting on an act of being your friends to learn secrets about you so she could go back being alone? Which way?" questioned Sugarcoat.

That shouldn't have been a surprise, honestly. Sunset knew Sugarcoat could be blunt. Really, truly, blunt. She didn't hold up to what her name meant, no, instead she just says what she sees. But the way she was up and defending Sunset was truly a shocker. To the Rainbooms, and to Sunset herself. Why was the girl even going through all this trouble for her? They were school rivals, and nothing else.

But... Sugarcoat was protecting and defending her like a friend should.

She didn't want to jinx it, but she really hoped she could have an ally within Sugarcoat at this point in her life. After all, Sugarcoat did manage to save her before she jumped off the bridge to end things.

"You...!" Rainbow began to say before Fluttershy placed her hand on her shoulder. Then, Rainbow pointed to the door and closed her eyes tightly. "Just go."

"We were here first. You go." replied Sugarcoat, sipping her drink.

"We'll go," Fluttershy quiet stated, taking her best friend's hand and began walking away. Her eyes shifted towards Sunset, who didn't even lock eyes with her and she sighed heavily. "We're sorry to bother you."

"Whatever," Sugarcoat shrugged, moving her head back towards Sunset.

The last thing Sunset saw before locking eyes with the Shadowbolt was Rainbow's angry glare.


Rainbow hated how Sugarcoat, a Shadowbolt of all people, stood up for Anon-A-Miss. But no more than she hated how Fluttershy dragged them back out into the cold winter air. The whole group turned to the soft pink haired girl as Fluttershy hid behind her hair again, avoiding their gazes.

"What was that?" Rainbow spoke up. "Why did you drag us out of there!?"

"She was right," Fluttershy softly said, "They did get there first."

Rarity huffed and crossed her arms, "Yes, well, it was Anon-A-Miss, darling! She can't have everything, now! We could've made them leave our hang out place! With no fights," here she turned to gaze at Rainbow Dash, "--we're lucky the Cakes didn't intervene like last time."

"Ah reckon it was because of Sugarcoat," Applejack sighed. "She follows rules."

"She's also bluntly honest!" Pinkie chimed in, eating away at a cupcake. The group had long since learned not to ask where Pinkie managed to get these things without them knowing.

"But why as she defending the bitch anyways?" mumbled Rainbow.

"And why do ya care?" asked Applejack. "You hate the Shadowbolts. Especially that girl, Indigo Zap."

Rainbow shrugged angrily and kicked some pretended dirt. "I just do, okay? They always kick our butts at the Friendship Games and I always lose to Indigo Zap!" She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. "She was always so close with Sugarcoat too."

"Hold on," Applejack waved her hands, "Sugarcube, are ya sayin' you like Sugarcoat?"

"No!" Rainbow shook her head. "I'm saying I wished me and Indigo were better friends, okay?! We used to be close until Sugarcoat came along. Then, Indigo up and changes her personality to a bitch. Just like my falling out with Gilda. All of my childhood friends, minus Fluttershy, always leaves me in the dust."

"Glad to know you don't like Sugarcoat," Rarity rolled her eyes. "I'm surprised you didn't chew her out because you missed Indigo's friendship status with you."

"I can't now, can I? There's more important things to worry about, and that bitch is one of them. Besides, I've long since forgotten about the whole trouble with Indigo."

There was a silence between them for a good few minutes before their phones chimed. Another Anon-A-Miss post, and when Rainbow looked into the window, she saw Sunset on her phone, and growled. She knew it was her! The bitch. The backstabbing bitch of the century! She was so dead once she was alone.

Maybe Gilda and her lackeys could beat the living crap out of Sunset once more? Maybe that would teach her not to mess with them again.

Fluttershy's eyes widened when she realized who the post was about, "Zephyr?" she whispered. "My brother? How? What? How does she know his secrets?"

"He's gay?" Pinkie asked. "I mean, it's a picture of him kissing Sandalwood."

"No, he's not," Fluttershy whispered under her breath. "Unless he is but never said anything about it! I'll have to ask him when I get home tonight."

"But if Sunset did post this, how did she know?" Rarity asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rainbow bite her lip. "I dunno. But I did see her on her phone when the post was made, so it must be her!"

But that's not what Sunset was doing. She wasn't even logged onto Mystable.


"This is your number, right? I got this down right?"

Sugarcoat looked over Sunset's phone and then back to her phone, and nodded, "Yes. It's right."

Sunset smiled and then told Sugarcoat her own number and watched as the Shadowbolt type in her number without asking twice for another number. When she was done, she showed off her phone and Sunset nodded. It had been Sugarcoat's idea to exchange numbers, that way, Sugarcoat could check in on Sunset whenever she thought something was going on or needed an update.

This would be helpful for Sugarcoat when they were at their respective schools, and at the Friendship Games, they could stand next to each other, and talk then.

"You understand this?" Sugarcoat asked, narrowing her eyes. "If they approach you, talk bad about you, or anything like this, you text me. I'll text back regardless what class I'm in minus gym."

"I understand," Sunset laughed. "Thanks for everything, Sugarcoat."

"I'm not about to allow someone who's been wrongfully accused to be pressured into suicide again," Sugarcoat replied, shrugging, drinking the last of her drink. "Call me whenever you actually need to hear my voice."

"That might a lot of calls," Sunset admitted, rubbing her arm. "They just won't stop."

Sugarcoat frowned and thought for a moment. It was starting to be clear Canterlot High wasn't a safe haven for Sunset, would she be able to create a new name for herself in Crystal Prep? She doubted it, but she was wanting Sunset to try. The question was; would Sunset be able to handle the hardship school?

After all, Crystal Prep was known for their high grades and tough students who didn't like to lose.

"Did... did you ever think about switching schools?" Sugarcoat asked, leaning back.

"... A little," Sunset admitted with a sigh, "But I never went through with it. I thought this would be gone by the time I worked up the courage to even make my way to the office and ask."

"You should've."

Sunset smiled weakly at Sugarcoat. "Yeah, I should've, huh?"

"Ask tomorrow. It's not safe for you there."

"I'll... think about it." Sunset replied. "I promise."

Sugarcoat nodded, but deep inside, she knew Sunset wasn't going to head to the office. So, tomorrow, she would go to Principal Cinch's office and tell her that she knew good student who would be a perfect student for Crystal Prep if Sunset agreed to the idea, of course.

She wouldn't do anything without Sunset's thoughts on it.