• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 10,995 Views, 364 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Another Way - King_Again



"Why are you being so nice to me?" ... "Look, just because we're rivals doesn't mean I can't be nice to you."

  • ...
48
 364
 10,995

XIII~Christmas Eve(Rainbooms)

Christmas Eve(Rainbooms)

"Have a wonderful time at Scootaloo's, Sweetie." Rarity smiled as she watched Granny take the two girls up to their friend's house while she went back inside to see her friends chatting around the tree, sitting on the couch and loveseat.

"They gone?" Applejack asked as she helped Pinkie bring in some snacks and drinks. "Applebloom has been talkin' about going to Scoots for awhile, glad she's finally off to have some fun."

"Yes," Rarity agreed, "Sweetie had done the same thing..."

Rainbow rose an eyebrow upwards. "Something wrong?"

"Oh! No, I'm fine," Rarity chuckled, waving her hand.

"You've been spacing out a lot..." Fluttershy noted, playing with her hair. "You barely spoke to us during our facetime two days ago."

"She's right!" Pinkie agreed, looking closely at Rarity. "There must be something wrong!"

Rarity shook her head and laughed nervously. "I'm fine, really! There's nothing to worry about. I'm just thinking about next semester is all. Now that's Sunset is a Shadowbolt, we'll have to face her in this year's Friendship Games. That is, if she joins the team, and we're in the right grade to sign up."

"We'll totally beat them!" Rainbow beamed before noticing her friends' looks. "What?"

"We always lose. How are we going to beat them? And why are we talking about this now?"

Rainbow shrugged. "Rarity brought it up."

Rarity sighed and shook her head, taking her cup and sipping lightly before thinking back to how quick Sweetie had reached for her phone when they shopped for the presents and frowned. She normally never did that. She would give it a few minutes at least, and judging by the fast reaction, there was something not being told. Rarity had always told Sweetie to be truthful to her, and she could sense there was lies being played out now.

The others didn't seem to notice how the CMC would be a bit awkward around them now, but she understood they were hiding something, they just wouldn't admit it.

"Yo, AJ, got any games?" Rainbow asked, standing up. "We shouldn't just keep on talking."

"Ah think we've got some games," Applejack nodded. "C'mon, RD, let's take a look and pick out one."

Fluttershy gazed over to Rarity and noted how she was on her phone. "You're on your phone a lot now, Rarity." She said, shifting. "Is something going on?"

"I'm sorry, I just keep refreshing Sweetie's Mystable account." Rarity explained.

"Why?" Pinkie asked, chewing on a cupcake.

Rarity sighed, "She's been acting strange."

"How strange?"

"When we went out to get your presents, I asked her about her secret on the Anon-A-Miss account, and she got nervous," Rarity explained. "Her secret wasn't as bad as everyone else. Didn't you noticed that?"

Fluttershy nodded slowly. "But why bring it up?"

"She acted nervously, Fluttershy," Rarity sighed, crossing her arms. "Do I need to be more blunt?"

Pinkie's jaw dropped. "Are you saying it might be her?"

"Why else would she act nervously?"

Before Fluttershy and Pinkie could respond, Rainbow and Applejack returned with a box of old Wii games. The two didn't notice how Fluttershy and Pinkie looked, having to be a bit uncertain about Rarity's claims. But it would explain how Scootaloo and Applebloom's secrets weren't revealed.

Did Rainbow and Applejack even notice that?

Surely not as they didn't seem to notice the others uninterested in playing the games.

"Applejack, dear, might I ask you something?" Rarity asked.

"Sure," Applejack nodded, leaning back on the couch to look at her friend. "What's up?"

Rarity shared a look with Fluttershy and Pinkie before looking at Applejack. "Did you notice how Applebloom's secrets weren't revealed? And Scootaloo's, Rainbow?"

"Where are ya going with this?" Applejack asked. "Ah rather we not talk about Anon-A-Miss."

"At least, not now," Rainbow sighed.

Rarity shook her head. "No, we're talking about this! Sweetie's secret wasn't bad!"

"She's right," Fluttershy agreed. "I saw Sweetie's secret, it wasn't bad at all. Scootaloo and Applebloom's secrets weren't revealed, which is odd because everyone's secrets minus theirs and Sunset's weren't revealed."

"Ah don't know why yer asscuing Applebloom! She ain't done nothin'!" growled Applejack. Rarity huffed before grabbing her phone and thrusting it in Applejack's face, earning a confused look from the farm girl. "Rares?"

"Call them then," Rarity hissed. "Call them, and ask about why their secrets haven't been revealed. Or should I? Three seconds to decide right now."

One second passed.

No one answered, not even a sound.

Two seconds passed.

Nothing came from the reply.

Three seconds.

Rarity could see how Applejack was testing her to see if she was actually serious, and taking the challenge, Rarity placed down AJ's phone and picked up her own, hitting the speed dial and calling Sweetie. AJ and RD shared a look before gazing back at Rarity, their faces slightly pale.

When Sweetie answered, Rarity kept her voice calm despite feeling a bit angry.

"Hello, Sweetie, can you put this on speaker? I want to ask you and your friends a few questions..." Rarity said, trying to keep calm.

"Er... sure," Sweetie nervously tugged at her collar before hitting the speaker button. "You're on speaker."

"Now, where to start..."


At first, they had just been drinking their pop while watching a few movies, but then it had been Scootaloo's idea to post a new secret on the account, pulling out her Anon-A-Miss email to show a number of emails from many students. A few new one popped up and they had searched through the emails, trying to pick out a good one.

They knew it was almost pointless by now, they could just end it now. Delete the account and watch everyone settle down, and see how they treated Sunset in the halls.

"Found one," Scootaloo beamed widely. "What do you think? Post one about Flash?"

"Maybe," Sweetie shrugged. "Remember, Rarity almost caught us."

"That's only because you slipped up!" Scootaloo growled. "You should've been more calm when answering her questions."

"The ride home was silent but I could tell she wanted to ask more, Scoots! Don't go blaming it on me! We should've made it more... interesting."

"But we didn't," Applebloom sighed.

Sweetie ran a hand through her hair. "We gotta be more careful now. She'll be on our case until we post more secrets about us, making them more interesting than mine."

"But how? We don't want to go making us a laughing stock," Scootaloo replied. "We can't be like the others."

"I don't see how we're going to avoid it otherwise!" Sweetie groaned, rubbing her temples. "We have no choice. We have to post our deepest secrets."

Applebloom shared a look with Scootaloo before gazing back at Sweetie, biting her lip unsure.

"Ah don't like this, but Sweetie's right, we gotta," Applebloom agreed. "We'll post mine."

"Or mine," Scootaloo sighed, giving in.

"No," Sweetie shook her head. "We post Flash's before we go onto ours tomorrow."

Scootaloo's jaw dropped. "Tomorrow!?" she squeaked. "We can't post tomorrow, Sweetie! Everyone wants a peaceful Christmas, and we should wait until Boxing Day."

"And everyone wanted a peaceful week before Winter Break," Sweetie spat back, "And look how that turned out."

Agreeing, Scootaloo logged into the account and clicked for a new post. She began typing away before Sweetie's phone began ringing with Rarity's ringtone. The three stopped and shared a look before Sweetie answered, looking pale and nervous as ever.

They prayed it wouldn't show in Sweetie's voice.

"Hello?" Sweetie asked slowly. "What do you need, Rarity?"

"Hello, Sweetie, can you put this on speaker? I want to ask you and your friends a few questions..." Rarity replied, trying to keep calm. It made Sweetie nervous, but she nodded.

"Er... sure," Sweetie nervously tugged at her collar before hitting the speaker button. "You're on speaker."

"Now, where to start..."

They could see this going downhill.