• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 10,995 Views, 364 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Another Way - King_Again



"Why are you being so nice to me?" ... "Look, just because we're rivals doesn't mean I can't be nice to you."

  • ...
48
 364
 10,995

XII~Christmas Eve(Shadowbolts)

Christmas Eve(Shadowbolts)

It was fortunate for Sunset when Sugarcoat arrived to pick her up in her car, giving her enough time to think over Indigo's words for a second Christmas present. Throughout the ride, Sunset was feeling nervous because no doubt would Indigo set up the perfect moment for her to go through with the plan. She didn't know how Indigo somehow found out how she felt towards Sugarcoat but she did.

It might've been because Indigo had been in a relationship with the blunt girl before, so she knew the signs. Strangely, after Indigo's suggestion, she didn't feel embarrassed and suddenly found herself actually liking the idea. But that didn't stop her from feeling nervous now.

Following Sugarcoat into Sour's house, Sunset saw the others and waved at them happily. Sour's parents were out for the holiday, giving them the entire house minus Sour's little brother. However, he didn't bother them at all, just staying in his room playing his video games, only coming down for dinner and if Sour wanted to see him.

All presents were placed underneath the tree, and Sour had made them all drinks and placed their cups down in front of the right person before sitting down next to Sunny. In a few short minutes, they were all chatting away, laughing at the most random things, and they began playing some games Sour managed to get from her brother's room, of course, she had to take him to the Gamestop to get a new game in exchange for the set of games she wanted to borrow.

Sunset could only manage what it was like living with him twenty four seven until she was able to move out, but from what she could see, Sour truly did love her little brother.

They barely noticed how much time had passed, and before she knew it, they had ordered pizza.

While eating away, they had invited Sour's little brother down to join them in a round of Mario Kart, and he smiled widely before picking up a Wii remote and joined up. He faced off with Indigo and Lemon, and nearly won until Indigo beat him at the last minute, and he huffed before asking for a new round, and this time Sunny joined in.

This had to be better than all those sleepovers with the Rainbooms. In fact, Sunset didn't think she ever had much fun before and she loved it. However, she kept thinking about what Indigo said about this world's Twilight. She went to Crystal Prep, was disliked by the entire school, and they wanted her to stray away from the poor girl. She wanted to make sure Twilight had at least one friend, but she also didn't want to lose the Shadowbolts as her friends.

By the time the clock struck nine, Sour paused the game, despite her brother's groans, and smiled before telling him they could continue the game once they all opened their one present. That got her brother happy and jumped up to race to find his own present, and picked out the one Sour got him.

Once the others all got their own present, Sunset watched as the others opened it up before gazing down at her's. It didn't say who it was from, which got her a bit nervous.

She didn't realize all eyes were on her now.

"Oh, uh.... sorry," Sunset sheepishly smiled. "I was distracted."

"It's okay," Lemon smiled brightly. "Open your gift!"

"But... who's it from?" asked Sunset.

Sour smiled sweetly. "From all of us," her smile turned into a frown, "Even if we did have a huge fight on what we were getting you!"

Sunset held back a laugh. "You all had a huge fight?"

"We couldn't agree," Sugarcoat shrugged. "We finally managed to decide on a gift yesterday."

"But!" Sunny protested. "Best for last."

"Best for last?" Sour's brother asked, raising an eyebrow. "Sour, you stayed up all night trying to convince them on the gift idea you wanted. Plus, you hate last minute gifts."

Sour smacked her brother on the head. "Shut up, Hawkthorn."

"Ow!" Hawkthorn rubbed the back of his head. "This is why I usually don't talk to you unless I have too or unless we're playing a video game together."

Sunset laughed before opening up the box, and picking out a picture frame. Inside the frame was a picture of all of them, having to be taken by Sugarcoat's father, under Indigo's request, and she smiled sweetly. "You fought about this...?" she asked. "I mean, yeah, it's awesome and I love it, but you fought about it?"

"Originally we thought about getting you some boring old clothes or maybe a video game," Lemon explained, "But after some time we decided against it. We fought about the new idea until we finally agreed on the picture. Sugarcoat said she could print it out, making sure it was in color if we got the frame."

Indigo smiled. "Annd, we made sure the frame was painted with our logo."

It was true. The frame was in the colors of the Shadowbolts and had the logo.

"I love it," Sunset whispered. "Thanks."

Hawkthorn picked up his remote, "Can we continue our game now? I'm so close in beating Indigo!"

"You wish," Indigo smirked. "Sour, unpause the game."

"This'll be interesting," Sunny whispered to Sugarcoat, who nodded in agreement.


Somewhere in the night, Sunset had woke up to find they were all still out in the living room, blankets scattered across the floor, along with pillows. The Shadowbolts and Hawkthorn were peacefully sleeping. She was the only one awake now, and she sighed heavily.

She grabbed her jacket and pulled out the one thing she wished she hadn't taken with her. The blade. She had cleaned it up to make sure there were no dry blood, and she thought about this twice before deciding. Carefully, she stepped over her friends and made her way to the bathroom, flicking on the lights before rolling up her pajama sleeves.

Her arm hadn't been touched in a few days, allowing her scar to heal but she couldn't take it anymore. Cutting always made her feel a bit better, and she knew she shouldn't do it anymore. What if the Shadowbolts found out about this?

What would happen if Hawkthorn saw this?

He wasn't old enough to know what cutting meant, but he would surely learn it in school and would ask Sour what cutting actually was when you did to yourself. Which would help them figure out why Hawkthorn was asking.

Pushing those thoughts out of her mind, she placed the blade on arm and slowly moved it across, feeling blood run down her arm once more before she moved onto the next scar she made. It went on for a few minutes before she moved to her other arm.

Before she could even start, the door opened and Sunset jumped and whipped her head around to see Sugarcoat standing there. Her eyes wide behind her glasses and Sunset gulped before nervously shifting.

"How long?" Sugarcoat asked.

"Huh?" Sunset replied.

Sugarcoat crossed her arms, her night shirt moving a bit. "I asked you how long you've been cutting for. I thought you stopped after the bridge event."

"I did!" Sunset said. "But... I started again recently.. it's been a few days since."

"Let me see your arm," Sugarcoat sighed. "I need to clean it up."

"But you didn't do anything..."

"I know, but you won't clean it very well, not with one hand. Just let me clean it up, okay? The others won't be happy to know about this. If they find out."

Sunset sighed and held out her arm. "I was more worried about Hawkthorn finding out..."

"He knows about this," Sugarcoat mumbled, "His friend did this once too. Sour told us, and she was dead scared. She thought Hawkthorn might start doing it so she removed any sharp objects from his reach, only giving it to him when he asked and gave the reason. She had to be there just to be sure."

"Geez, how old was his friend?"

"Thirteen."

Sunset nodded slowly. "I mean... his friend was a teenager, so... I guess I understand... but... how did Hawkthorn find out?"

"Saw him in the school's bathroom," Sugarcoat explained, "He told Sour and she went mad but made sure his friend was okay. I don't want her seeing this. No one needs to see this."

"I'm sorry for doing this..." Sunset mumbled, gazing down.

Sugarcoat nodded without speaking before finishing cleaning Sunset's arm up. "There, all cleaned. Where's the sharp object you used? I'm getting rid of it." Sunset handed the blade over and Sugarcoat placed it in the garbage. "Promise me you won't do it again."

"I promise..."

Somehow, Sugarcoat didn't believe it, but she trusted Sunset on her word for now.