• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 10,975 Views, 364 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Another Way - King_Again



"Why are you being so nice to me?" ... "Look, just because we're rivals doesn't mean I can't be nice to you."

  • ...
48
 364
 10,975

X~Winter Break(1)

Winter Break(1)

It was the first day of Winter Break and Sunset was already feeling refreshed. Memories of yesterday flashed through her mind, and brought a wide, huge, smile on her face which used to be expressionless.

Her eyes went from left to right throughout her entire apartment, but they fell own a certain blade on her bedside table and she gulped. She hadn't touched that since. Her body ached at the horrible memories of the blade slicing across her skin, feeling blood run down her arm as she cut higher up, even running down her stomach.

She hated those memories.

Yet, at the same time, at the time, it gave her escape. Escape from hell, escape from everything. A part of her wanted to do it again, for whatever reason she had left to do so, but the other part didn't want to even touch it again, even it was to rid the blade from her apartment.

Before Sunset could even touch it, her phone rang.

"Hello?" said Sunset as she picked up her phone.

"Sunset, hi," Sunny replied, a few shifting noises from the other line. It gave Sunset the impression that she had just gotten out of bed and was moving towards her closet.

Sunset could barely hear Sunny's words as she picked up the blade, looking over it before checking out her old scars. Her stomach turned and she held her breath as she finally broke back into reality. Sunny was still talking.

Wait... how did Sunny get her number anyways?

"Sunset, did you hear me?"

"Oh! Sorry, no... could you repeat that once more?"

"I asked if you were still down for the sleepover at Sour's, she called me last night and double checked with everyone." Sunny repeated her question. "Oh, and, Sugar gave me your number if you're wondering."

"That explains it," Sunset laughed. "Yeah, I'm still down."

Even though it brings up unpleasant memories of my time with the Rainbooms...

"Oh yeah, Sugar wanted you to call her, something about... gifts." Sunny said, pulling out some clothes to wear for the day.

"Thanks, I'll call her later."

"Great, see you there," Sunny replied, "It's on Christmas Eve."

When she hung up, she traced her fingers over the blade, her reflection shining back at her and she sighed deeply. This wouldn't be good. She should get rid of it.

But she didn't.

Instead, she took a deep breath and felt numb once more, she placed the blade on a long healed scar and closed her eyes tightly before slowly dragging it across her skin. Holding back a wince as she felt blood slowly start to drip down her arm and took a few more deep breaths to calm herself down.

This was bad.

She hadn't cut in so long, at least a week or so, and she was sure she wouldn't do it again, yet, here she was. Cutting away at her skin like no tomorrow. She was really risking everything right now. What would her friends say if they found her doing this?

"I should call Sugarcoat," Sunset whispered to herself, reaching for her phone despite the sprung of pain. "She wants to talk to me anyways."

The phone rang a few times before a sleepy voice echoed from the other line.

"Hello?"

"Sugarcoat, you wanted to talk with me?" Sunset asked, trying to keep her voice calm.

"At eight in the morning? Are you mad? I was thinking ten, at the very most," Sugacoat replied.

Sunset smiled. "Tell Sunny that. She was the one who called me early in the morning, telling me to call you as you wanted to speak with me."

"Of course Sunny told you that. She was always the one for a teaser."

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked, confused.

"I mean, she's always trying to..." Sugarcoat trailed off. "Nevermind. It's not important."

"Are you sure?"

Sugarcoat nodded. "Yes, I'm sure."

Sunset rubbed the back of her neck as she got up, placing the blade down where it belonged and walked towards the window to look outside. Snow covered the ground as the sun shining brightly through a few clouds in the bright blue sky, and she smiled. "Well, what did you want to talk about?"

"We're all getting each other gifts," Sugarcoat explained, "I wanted to ask if you wanted to shop with me so you can get the girls something."

"But how will I get yours?"

"Go with Sunny or Indigo," Sugarcoat shrugged.

Sunset could only smile. She would have to make a call later.


Indigo wasn't so sure when Sunset called her and asked to meet at the mall, but from the way Sunset greeted her, she could only guess this was about Sugarcoat's present. There was a few things Indigo could think Sugarcoat might like, but she also wanted to see what Sunset thought about it.

Sure she knew her ex a lot better than Sunset, but the newest Shadowbolt seemed so into this, Indigo held back on commenting on any item Sunset thought she might like.

"Sooo," Indigo said picking up an item, checking it out before placing it back, "A gift for Sugar, huh?"

"Yup," Sunset nodded. "I figured it'd be best to get her gift first, ya know?"

Indigo shrugged, "Sure."

"Anyways, what do you think about this?" Sunset asked, holding up a possible gift.

"Na, Sugar isn't really into video games," Indigo shook her head. "I mean, yeah, she'll play 'em with us, but she isn't into it like me and Lemon are. She's more... like a bookworm, like the nerd."

Sunset stopped. "You never told me. Who is the nerd?" she asked. "Just tell me now so I don't have to find out when I come to Crystal Prep. Please, Indigo?"

"Fine, but don't let the others know," Indigo sighed, putting her hands into her pockets. "The nerd of Crystal Prep is Dean Cadance sister-in-law and Shining Armor's little sister. Twilight Sparkle." Sunset's eyes widened. This world's Twilight! She would be at the same school as her. "Everyone, and I mean everyone, doesn't like her."

"Why?"

"There's a lot of reasons. But I think the main one is because she's able to finish all her tests early and she has her own little lab or whatever. She's also Principal Cinch's prize student." Indigo explained. "She'll be able to graduate earlier than everyone else."

Sunset sucked in a breath. "And I shouldn't befriend her?"

"Unless you want the entire school disliking you too," Indigo answered. "Look, just stick with us."

Sunset nodded numbly, but silently promised to meet this world's Twilight and try to be her friend. If her friends caught her and 'saved' her, she would wait until after school to try it. Or at least until her friends weren't watching and weren't with her at the time.

"Okay."

Indigo picked up a book and smiled. "Here," she threw it at Sunset, who caught it with ease, "Sugar might like that book. I don't think she has it."

"Thanks! I'll go buy it."

Indigo watched as she paid for the book before leaning against the counter and smirked. "Ya know... I think I know she might like something else for Christmas... that is if you're willing to get her something else..."

Sunset gazed at Indigo, tilting her head. "What is it?"

"Well... it's this," Indigo smirked before leaning into to whisper into Sunset's ear and watched as Sunset's face light up with a pinkish-reddish color and laughed while Sunset looked at her, jaw dropped. "What? I know she'll like it."

"Wha...? We're just friends!" Sunset hissed. "If anything, someone else has a better chance."

"Name one person." Indigo challenged.

Sunset thought for a moment before answering with, "Sour Sweet."

"Sour has a better chance than you with Sugar?" Indigo hummed. "Well, I mean, I can see it. But let's be honest, I think you got the better shot than Sour does. She'll try to confess but, uh, it probably won't go well."

"Do you even know how Sour confesses? I mean, sure, I don't, but do you?"

Indigo shrugged and walked out of the store, Sunset following her.


"Another post..." Applebloom said as she stuck out her tongue, typing away at her phone's keyboard before attaching the photo and pressing post. "Done!"

"How many is that now?" Sweetie Bell asked.

Scootaloo hummed as checked the account number of post. "It's about... forty now. Maybe forty one with the incoming post AB just posted."

The farm girl leaned back on the bench and blinked when she saw Sunset walking with Indigo Zap. The girl looked flushed up while Indigo laughed about something and her ears picked up one part of their conversation. It was something about Sunset's apparent crush on someone, and it looked like her friends heard it too.

"Hey, Sunset's got a crush?" asked Sweetie Bell. "That's soo cute!"

"Ah know, but we can't go postin' it," Applebloom sighed. "It'll ruin our hard work."

"Do you mean our hard work that made our school hell?" Scootaloo questioned, crossing her arms. "I'm amazed no one has noticed our secrets haven't been posted."

Sweetie Bell sighed, "Tell me about it. Rarity doesn't seem to notice Anon-A-Miss anymore, even though it was the topic of dinner for the entire week when we did start up the account. She was soo focused on her secrets being online that she didn't question about my secrets not even seeing the internet."

"Should we post one of ours? Just to make it look like we're not possible suspects if someone figures out it's not Sunset."

"Ah guess," Applebloom sighed, "But not somethin' extreme."

"Oh! I know!" Sweetie Bell piped up, taking Applebloom's phone and typing one of her secrets.

It would save them from getting exposed, but it would also serve Anon-A-Miss' popularity.