• Published 23rd Jun 2019
  • 10,995 Views, 364 Comments

Anon-A-Miss: Another Way - King_Again



"Why are you being so nice to me?" ... "Look, just because we're rivals doesn't mean I can't be nice to you."

  • ...
48
 364
 10,995

VIII~Not Over

Not Over

Shortly after the fallout at the mall, Sunset had gone home for the day while the Shadowbolts looked for the Rainbooms. They didn’t want to leave things like they did. No. They wanted to teach them a lesson. They just hoped it wasn’t going to be inside a shop or they would have to wait until they were out of the shop and far enough away to have it go down.

Thankfully, the Rainbooms weren’t at any shops, but they were at the park. From what they could see, it looked like they were speaking about the fallout and Indigo rolled her eyes before walking closer to them. Sugarcoat crossed her arms as she heard their conversation.

They were speaking about the attack Rainbow set up.

Each Rainboom speaking with anger that Rainbow even thought about that and went ahead with it in the first place. The rainbow haired girl just stared at her hands, not saying anything as her friends glared at her.

To get their attention, Sunny Flare coughed and they all turned towards them, and they each frowned. Rainbow quickly frowned and gritted her teeth before walking towards them, her arms crossed as she did so. Indigo merely waved her hand, her eyes flashing with anger. But not yet, she would not attack just yet.

It started off easy. No swears, just a few words being exchanged about how much Rainbow fucked up during that part, and how she should’ve handled it without setting up a beat down. Then it got violent without them meaning it too. All honesty, they didn’t want it getting violent but it did. Real fast when Rainbow got the wrong idea, and punched Indigo.

The Shadowbolt rubbed her jaw and glared at her old friend, and grinned a bit. The others moved to form a circle, and held their spots. The Rainbooms could see the Shadowbolts didn’t want to do anything, but once Indigo got railed up, she wouldn’t calm down until she got her turn at whatever upset her.

And for this; she wanted to punch Rainbow Dash out of her mind.

“Shouldn’t have done that, Dashie,” Indigo said, cracking her knuckles. “I’m surprised you don't remember what I was known for back in the middle. You do remember the boxing club, yeah?”

“Of course I do,” Rainbow replied. “We signed up together and got accepted. We trained together. How could I forget all of that?”

“Glad I signed up,” Indigo beamed. “Because now, I can finally show you how a real fighter does it. And I’ll make sure you’ll be seeing stars after I’m done. Perhaps you’ll blackout.”

“Indigo,” Lemon called, “--don’t go too hard on her! She doesn’t need to die.”

“She won’t,” Indigo promised. “I just want to teach her a lesson.”

Sugarcoat rose an eyebrow. “I thought we agreed it wouldn’t be by fighting. You could get arrested for this you know.”

“She threw the first punch!” Indigo snapped. “She’ll get into more trouble.”

“Now, ya don't need to get all mad,” Applejack nervously chuckled, trying to step towards her friend but was stopped by Sour Sweet. “Ah know whatever happened and whoever is tellin’ the truth, ya both don't like each other anymore. But do ya really need to fight like this?”

“Yes!” snapped the two girls.

Indigo took a deep breath. “It’s the only way to settle this.” Sugarcoat blinked and raised an eyebrow. “Alright, what do you want to say? I know that look, Sugar.”

“There’s better ways to settle these type of things,” Sugarcoat explained.

“Well, this is the way we’re doing it,” Rainbow spat out. “Let’s go.”

It didn’t take long before the first hit was landed, and it was delivered by Indigo onto Rainbow’s jaw. The punches went back and forth, as well as other moves, and it didn’t take long until both girls were panting a bit. Both sides didn’t know what to do as the two fighters didn’t seem like they wanted to back down, and Indigo took a deep breath before smashing her fist down onto Rainbow’s jaw once more, and kicked Rainbow’s legs in, making her fall down onto the ground as Indigo grabbed her collar and raised her fist until Sugarcoat placed her hand onto Indigo’s shoulder and shook her head.

She shook her hand. Rainbow touched her jaw and leaned upwards. She rubbed her jaw as the Shadowbolts moved to tend to Indigo while the Rainbooms helped Rainbow up.

When Indigo looked back at her old friend, she could see a bit of blood dripping down Rainbow’s nose, and gave her a shaky grin. She didn’t feel like she should be standing right now, but it was good enough to see the so called ‘Great’ Rainbow Dash needing help from her friends.

“Not so great, huh?” Indigo asked, breathless. “Serves you right for setting up an attack.”

“I didn’t mean to,” Rainbow Dash replied. “I wasn’t thinking.”

“Sure you weren’t.”

“I wasn’t!”

Sunny shook her head and sighed heavily. “Enough,” she said. “Let’s take you home, Indigo. You need rest. It’s going to be awkward explaining this to your parents, and did you forget we have school tomorrow?”

“Fuck it,” Indigo scoffed, “We never do anything on the last day anyways.”

“She’s right,” Lemon agreed.

“We should see if Sunset is up for a sleepover at my house,” Sour said as they walked away, but close enough for the Rainbooms to hear her. “We’ll show her what true family means!”

“I’ll go and ask,” Sugarcoat agreed.

“Text us when you find out, Sugar,” Indigo smiled.

“Yes, yes, I will.”


Sunset closed the fridge door as she listened to Sugarcoat’s words. Indigo and Rainbow had a fight. Both took about the same amount of punches and kicks. But Indigo almost punched Rainbow’s face before she was stopped all together.

Deep down, Sunset almost wanted Indigo to do the same thing again but this time, finish the job. But she wouldn’t admit that out loud, no.

Her attention really perked up when she heard Sugarcoat mention a sleepover at Sour’s house. This would mean she would get to see Sour’s house and get to know the Shadowbolts even more to understand her newfound friends and family.

“Of course, I’ll pick you up and take you home,” Sugarcoat finished. “But only if you want to come with us.”

“Yeah, I’ll come,” Sunset agreed. “Beats being alone.”

“It truly does, doesn’t it?”

Sunset hummed happily as she filled up two cups with hot chocolate. Her apartment was small, but it was good enough for the two of them.

“Hey, um, thanks for not sharing everything with the rest of the group,” Sunset nervously said, stirring her drink with a spoon.

“Of course,” Sugarcoat replied, sipping her drink. “I wouldn’t want that shared either. It’s personal and you should only allow people you want to know about it know.”

“So, you get it,” Sunset smiled.

Sugarcoat and shifted. “Of course, I do,” she bite her lip. “I’ve done it too. The scars are healed and gone. It was a long time ago. No one knows about it, not even the others. Not my parents. I was always careful where I cut.”

“Wow…” Sunset whispered. “Out of all people, I didn’t think you would… do something like that. It just didn’t seem like you, Sugarcoat.”

“It never seems like someone,” Sugarcoat sighed. “But people still do it when things get too tough or when they hit the lowest point in their lives, and if they do, they’re just one level above suicide.”

Sunset winced at the word. She got flashes of the bridge. “I guess so.” She looked downwards at the bridge and Sugarcoat realized her mistake and mumbled out a sorry. “No, it’s okay,” Sunset sighed, “I should be used to it but… I still can’t believe I tried to do that… I should’ve just seen someone to talk about it all.”

“Not everyone knows what to do, and not everyone will. Sometimes, they just need someone to spill it all out. But not everyone will find the one who’ll listen.”

Sunset smiled warmly. “Well, I found one. Well, she found me at the last moment before I climbed up the bridge’s edge to jump into freezing cold water with rocks at the bottom which could snap my neck.”

Sugarcoat shivered at the thought. “Please don't even talk about that,” she pleaded a bit. “I don't want to think about that.”

“Sorry,” Sunset laughed. “Couldn’t help it.”

Sugarcoat looked down and grumbled out in what sounded like a cute tone to Sunset, “Never talk about again, I hate thinking about it.”

“I promise I’ll won’t talk about the attempt again, but because you asked so cutely,” Sunset chuckled.

Sugarcoat flushed up pure red and stuttered while Sunset just giggled at her friend.