• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,947 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,947

Chapter 10 - Twilight Joins the Dead

"Who are you and what do you want!" Twilight yelled, tears flowing down her face.

"We are five of the six leaders of the Necromantic Council," the pony closest to Twilight said. He was an elderly grey stallion with a massive grey beard.

The pony next to him walked forward, pulling her hood down as she did. She was a young pony, no older than twenty-five. Her coat was a light blue color and she had emerald green eyes. Her mane was grey with dark blue stripes.

She smiled reassuringly as she said "Twilight, it's okay take your time, we will wait until you're stable."

Twilight nodded and cried for another ten minutes untill she ran out of tears to cry. "Okay, I'm better now," Twilight said wiping away her tears.

"You sure?" the light blue unicorn asked.

"I'm sure," Twilight responded looking up at the six unicorns.

"Unfortunately the head of the Council couldn't come. He had to stay back in Zuhause des Nekromanten," the light blue unicorn began.

Twilight looked at the blue pony with a confused tilt of her head "What is Zuhause des Nekromanten? And what dialect is that?"

The same blue mare looked at Twilight with a small smile "Zuhause des Nekromanten is where our people live. A place where Necromancers like ourselves can live in peace and practice our craft without fear. As for what language its name comes from it was our old language. Unfortunately though it's been lost to the winds of time."

She shook her head and said "Where's my manners. My name is Sapphire Rain."

The elderly pony spoke up and said "And my name is Crystal Ember," he pointed to the next pony over. The pony took his hood off and underneath their was a red pony with an orange mane. "And this is Lucky Apple," Lucky Apple smiled and waved at Twilight.

Twilight gasped "You're the pony that lead me into the Everfree Forest!" Lucky Apple chuckled with a smile "Yes I was, and sorry for hitting you with a rock, I couldn't get your attention any other way."

Twilight shook her head "No it's okay, I understand."

Crystal Ember, moving along with his introductions gestured to the last two in the group "The others wish not to have their identity shown to you, I am very sorry."

"And you already know my name it seems like," Twilight said looking at Crystal Ember.

"Yes that is correct Twilight Sparkle," Crystal Ember said as he looked back at Twilight.

Twilight nodded her head. She looked at over at Spike with a sad frown, tears falling from her eyes.

She walked over to him and took his pulse. Even before she put her magic over his neck she knew what she was going to find. There was no pulse, no breathing, no life. Spike was dead.

"Ohh, S-Spike," Twilight stammered out before she fell onto him, hugging his lifeless, blood covered body in her arms.

She stayed like that, crying for what seemed like forever until she felt a hoof on her shoulder. Sapphire Rain said to Twilight in carrying tone "Come on, leave him. It won't help anything. It'll just make you more miserable," she sighed with a sad frown and said "I know from experience."

Twilight looked up into the young mare's eyes and asked "Y-You do?"

"Yes Twilight Sparkle, I have more than enough experience with the death of friends and family," she sighed and began to speak. The other necromancers all sighed in unison having heard the story many a time. Twilight on the other hoof listened intently.

"When I was just a filly Celestia found out that my parents were necromancers and do you know what she did? She sentenced them to death, all records of them were to be erased, anyone who knew them were to be killed or have their memory of them erased. In the middle of the night twenty-four guards came into my house and shot my parents in their sleep. Soon after they found me, cowering in my closet. When they found me they beat me. Then when they were done with me they ran off, laughing as they went."

The mare growled in anger, rage filling her eyes "They didn't laugh long for I was a very powerful necromancer, especially for a filly. I summoned an army of nearly a hundred skeletons and sent them to avenge my parents. They did as I commanded and killed all twenty-four. Then I for the next three days I lived in my house, limping around until-" she gestured to the other necromancers in the room "-Some of my parents old friends came and saved me. They brought me to Zuhause des Nekromanten and after many years of training and honing my skills. I'm now one of the most powerful necromancers alive."

Crystal Ember then added "Come on, let go, it's not healthy to stay in a place like this."

Twilight let one last sob escape her mouth before she wiped her eyes and let go of Spike's body. She then stood up, completely covered in blood. She took a shaky, deep breath and said "Okay." She turned around to look at the other necromancers in the room and asked "Why did you want me here?"

Crystal Ember nodded, stroking his beard with his magic as he did so "I was wondering when you were going to ask that."

He looked at Twilight and said "Because Twilight, we want you to fulfill your potential. You have had a great affinity towards the dark arts ever since you were birthed into this world. We saw this and gave you the book when you were young to see just how powerful you were, you exceeded our expectations ten fold." He smiled at Twilight warmly and continued "You weren't just able to cast necromantic spells but you were good at it. You were even back then, when you were just six, more powerful than most necromancers are by the time they die. This was extremely promising so we decided to wait until you were twenty-five then tell you to come here so we could see just how powerful you are now as a full-grown adult." His smile somehow got even larger "But we have already seen what you can do and it is extraordinary. You are the most powerful necromancer sence the Lich King himself, possibly even more powerful."

Sapphire Rain then spoke up and added "The only problem is that your power is directionless. You don't yet know how to properly handle necromantic magic effectively."

"You're like someone trying to learn how to sword fight. You may be extremely strong and when your hits hit you do massive damage but an experienced sword fighter would be able to easily take you down."

She looked at Twilight with a smile "We want to teach you how to use your necromancy. We want you to reach your full potential."

Crystal Ember asked "Do you accept our invitation to join other necromancers like yourself? To go to a place where you are accepted and encouraged instead of constantly being hunted down and your life and the lives of your friends constantly being in danger?"

Twilight though 'This place I will be safe, this place I will be accepted and loved.' Twilight looked back at Crystal Ember with the best smile she could give "I gladly accept."

Sapphire Rain and Lucky Apple both ran to Twilight and gave her a hug, both getting covered with blood in the process.

Sapphire Rain smiled at Twilight and said "I'm so happy you said yes. I like you and I feel like we could get along quite well together!"

Twilight smiled back and said "I hope we can become friends too, Sapphire," she frowned and said "I'm going to need some new friends now that all of my old ones are dead, trying to kill me, or I'm never going to be able to see again."

Sapphire frowned at Twilight and said "I know it's hard but if you push through you will come to the light at the end of the tunnel, I promise."

Twilight gave Sapphire the best smile she could give and said "Thank you."

Crystal Ember called out to the group of ponies all hugging and said "We should get going. If we stay here for to long I bet some more guards will show up wondering why their prince had been gone for so long."

Lucky Apple pulled away from the other two "He's right, we should get going."

Twilight, Sapphire, and Lucky Apple all pulled away from each other. Twilight, Sapphire, and Lucky all ran up and rejoined the rest of the group. They then walked of together, talking about themselves and getting to know each other just a bit more.

Author's Note:

Twilight made some new friends, Yay!:twilightsmile:

This chapter was alot of fun to write so I hope you liked it!

Also, as always, if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below!