• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,937 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,937

Chapter 13 - Zuhause des Nekromante

Twilight looked down at the city below her with wonder. It was at the edge of a roaring, black sea. The city was a massive maze of countless roads and buildings. Within the city there were seven walls cutting the city into seven parts. There was not a single skyscraper in the entire city, instead all the buildings were shorter, similar to those in Canterlot but instead of white they all were black. At the edge of the city on a tall hill overlooking the sea was a massive fortress. It was easily bigger than all of Ponyville and it went up hundreds of feet into the sky.

Twilight looked at the city in awe, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. When she had heard of the city she had never thought it would be something like this. "That's Zuhause des Nekromanten, isn't it?"

Sapphire smiled "Yep, that's it! The great city of the necromancers, and the capital of the Letztereich!" She turned her head, looked at Twilight's face, and chuckled. "I had the same reaction when I saw the place for the first time. It sounded too good to be true," she grinned widely with overwhelming happiness "But it is just as real as you or me!"

Twilight's shock turned into a massive grin "This is almost too good to be true! An entire city of people just like me, a city of necromancers." She smiled at Sapphire with a massive grin "I can't wait to get in there, meet some new ponies, and learn some necromancy!"

Crystal Ember smiled at Twilight "Then let's get going, if we hurry up we might be able to practice a little when we get to the castle."

Twilight looked over at him with shock "I'm going to live in the castle? The really big one right there?" she gestured towards the massive fortress on the hill.

"Yes Twilight, you will be. All of us here live there and we would like you to be near us. You will be able to leave and go out into the city anytime you want, we would just like you close in case the worst happens," he shook his head "But that won't happen, I'm sure of it."

Twilight nodded and looked back over at Crystal Ember with a tilt of her head "And what is 'the worst'?"

He sighed sadly "Celestia finding our location and attacking, that is the worst thing that could happen to us. But we have been preparing for thousands of years for such an event. We have countless magical artifacts. We have millions of weapons stockpiled. We have mass graves of thousands, hundreds of thousands, and even millions. And every single one of those dead bodys can become a soldier who will fight for us. Even if Celestia attacked she would have to fight an army of the undead millions strong and then fight another million angry necromancers."

Twilight nodded with a frown "That does sound bad. Really, really bad in fact," she sighed "Let's just hope that never happens."


Twilight looked at the massive black gates of the city. They were plain black with no sort of decoration on them, they were pearly functional.

She looked up and saw a guard pony looking down at them. Around him were hundreds of skeletons all holding bows and aiming them directly at Twilight and the others. "What is your business here!" he yelled at the group down below.

Crystal Ember lowered his hood and looked up at the guard pony "I am Crystal Ember of the Necromantic Counsel and I order you to open these gates, I have a newcomer!"

The guard pony instantly lost his aggressive tone and saluted "Yes sir, I'm sorry sir!" All of the skeletons lowered their bows in unison and stood at attention. The gates opened and Twilight noticed that it was being opened up by ten skeletons. They then all walked through the massive gates and into the city beyond.

Lucky Apple looked at Twilight as they walked through the city with a smile "Welcome to Zuhause des Nekromanten, your new home!" He then did a sweeping movement with his left hoof over the city. As he did this the gates behind them slammed shut with a loud "Bang!"

Twilight smiled at him warmly "Thank you, all of you," she looked around her at all five of the ponies around her "For this opportunity. If it wasn't for all of you I would never had found this place, I wouldn't have found the place I belong. Because of you I found my home."

Sapphire Rain smiled at Twilight "I'm glad you're so happy," she laughed "I know I am!"

"I'm glad your happy as well," Crystal Ember said to Twilight. He took a glance at a nearby clock tower "We should get going. The King wanted to have a council meeting when we got back."

Everyone in the group except Twilight nodded. They then all walked down the street together toward the massive fortress in the distance.

"I thought that there was going to be a crowd. If so where are they?" Twilight said gesturing to the empty streets around them. She yawned "I'm not complaining, I'm really tired and dealing with a crowd sounds exhausting but still, its honestly creeping me out."

Crystal Ember looked at Twilight and said "It's a Wednesday, a day of prayer. Everypony is probably at one of the churches praying to god."

Twilight looked over at Crystal Ember with a very confused look "God? I've only heard of goddesses," she shook her head "And I'm almost positive I've read every holy book in existence."

"The religion practiced here isn't practiced anywhere else in the world. It makes sense that you've never heard of it," Sapphire said with a smile.

Twilight nodded "Oh okay, that makes sense, thanks for telling me that."

Crystal Ember smiled "No problem!"


Five unicorns and one alicorn walked into the fortress. It was only six o'clock but to Twilight it felt like it was midnight. They have been walking nonstop all day and it doesn't help much that she hasn't been sleeping very well the last few days either. Twilight yawned "I'm really tired, I could go for a nap right now."

Sapphire smiled "Well then isn't this your lucky day! Were going to your room and there you can sleep all you want. I'll have to go though, I need to be at the council meeting," she smiled "Also you're gonna have a nice and comfy bed so that'll be good!"

Twilight smiled at her "Yes that does sound good. Let's go."

Crystal Ember looked at Sapphire "Don't take to long, what ever he's got to say is going to be important."

Sapphire looked at him "I know, I won't be too long, I promise."

Twilight waved at the others with a smile and said "See ya, good night!" With that the group headed their separate ways. Twilight and Sapphire one way and Crystal Ember, Lucky Apple, and the other two another.

Twilight walked with Sapphire for only a few silent minutes until Sapphire turned and opened a door. Inside was a spacious room with two beds, one by the window and the other by the door.

"This is our room. Gone are the days of sleeping on that blanket, now you will have a nice bed! We will be living here for..." she looked back at Twilight and stopped talking with a smile. Twilight was passed out, curled up on the bed next to the window "Wow, you must've been tired."

She walked over to Twilight's bed and pulled the covers onto her. Sapphire looked at her for a couple of seconds 'She looks so cute when she sleeps.' She smiled and headed to the door. "Good night, Twilight," she said in a whisper before she silently closed the door behind her and walked off to go to the meeting.

Author's Note:

Something tells me that that meeting won't be your run of the mill meeting. No, I smell some very pungent fish today!

Also, as always, if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below!