• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,937 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,937

Chapter 3 - The Nightmare

Twilight laughed as she looked down at the fallen and beaten princess of Equestria. Twilight had a look of true insanity on her once purple, now dripping red, muzzle. Celestia looked up at Twilight, eyes filled with terror.

"Did you really think you could take me?" Twilight spat "Did you think you were so powerful you could kill me?" Twilight laughed a long and hysterical laugh, spreading her wings to their full extent. She looked back down at Celestia with a crazed look in her eye "Well you were wrong, and for that you will die!"

"T-Twilight please!" Celestia raised a hoof at Twilight "You wouldn't k-ki-"

"SHUT UP YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF MEAT!" Twilight roared as she looked at Celestia with unadulterated hatred "IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO DIE!"

Twilight laughed as she pulled out a long, black sword already dripping in dark red blood. Celestia screamed in horror.

"Bye princess, thanks for the kingdom!" Twilight then lifted the sword over Celestia's throat and thrusted downwards. The blade went straight through, going inches into the marble stone under the Princess' neck.

Celestia tried to scream but she couldn't. She couldn't move, talk, or do anything but look at the nightmare in front of her eyes as she slowly died. Her favorite student, her greatest allie, and her best friend; now a monster.

Twilight laughed a wicked, evil laugh and looked down at the dying, bleeding corpse at her hooves. She then kicked the dying body as she smiled a horrific grin.

"Thank you for one last lesson, my old teacher. GUARDS!" She turned around to look at two soldiers running into the gateway of the throne room behind her. As soon as they came up to Twilight they bowed their heads all the way down to their hooves."Secure the city, if anyone tries to resist dont kill them." Twilight gave them an evil grin "Instead send them to the torture camps. I've been waiting for some more specimens."

"Yes my Queen, of course my Queen!" They saluted Twilight and ran off to do as their queen commanded.

Twilight smiled and laughed a devilish, deranged laugh. She looked back down at Celestia's corpse. Twilight raises a hoof over her own head and thrusted it down at Celestia's. Celestia's head exploded in a shower of blood and gore, and Twilight smiled.


Twilight screamed as she shot up in her bed. Beads of sweet covering her entire forehead. She looked around at her surroundings; she was in her bed at home.

'Thank Celestia! It was just a dream,' Twilight thought as she curled herself up into the fetal position and began to cry. 'It was just a dream. I wouldn't do that, it was just was a dream,' but no matter what she told herself it didn't make her feel any better.

She sat in the fetal position, slowly rocking back and forth and covered in sweat. She couldn't stop crying.

Twilight couldn't stop thinking about Celestia's dead and unmoving body laying in a puddle of her own blood. The scene where she stabbed Celestia through the neck and when she crushed Celestia's skull. It played back in her mind on loop, never giving her a seconds rest.

She silently bawled her eyes out. Rivers of tears from her eyes onto the bed sheets underneath her.

Then someone knocked on the door. "Twilight?" Spike asked. Worry filled his voice "Are you okay in there? I just heard you scream and I'm-" he sighed. Twilight tried desperately to get herself together. She wasn't doing a very good job at it. "-I'm worried about you, Twilight. Yesterday you ran off to your room after you read Celestia's letter and you haven't came out since. Then in the middle of the night you scream and scare the crap out of me. Twilight, I need to know what's going on!"

Twilight tried to speak but instead what came out was a sob. This was all that needed to happen to tip Twilight over the edge and soon she was bawling her eyes out. She began to sob loudly, not holding anything back.

"Dear Celestia..." Spike said under his breath.

A light purple glow wrapped around Twilight's horn. With a click she unlocked her bedroom door. Spike, seeing this as an invitation into the room, turned the handle and walked inside Twilight's bedroom.

Inside the dimly lit room (the only source of light was the window) Spike saw Twilight sitting on her bed in the worst shape he had ever seen her in.

"Oh my goodness, what happened!" Spike ran up to Twilight and gave her the biggest hug he could give.

"S-s-sppikke?" Twilight said in a shaky voice in-between sobs.

"Yes Twilight?" Spike asked in a soothing tone. He's had to calm Twilight down a lot of times so he's gotten quite good at calming her, but in his entire life he has never seen her cry so hard and with so much sorrow.

"T-thank you." Twilight thanked Spike in little more than a whisper.

For the next hour Twilight shook and sobbed in Spikes arms. She let every tear in her body, and then some, leave her body.

Then she stopped crying and just stared at her hooves, trying to comprehend the events of the last 24 hours.

"You ready to talk now?" Spike asked Twilight in a gentle tone.

"I-I think so," Twilight whispered, even as the tears threatened to fall again.

"Okay, first can you please tell me why your crying?" he looked at Twilight and hugged her a little harder "Please Twilight, you used to always called me your 'Little Bro' when we were younger, you can trust me."

Twilight took a deep, shaky breath and said "I had a really, really bad nightmare that's all."

"That's all, that's all! Twilight you can't say that! You were just crying, no bawling-" he looked over at the clock on her wall "For over an hour, an hour. You have never, ever done that ever in your entire life! You can't just say that's all!"

Twilight cringed "I'm sorry, its just-" Twilight sighed "-a lot of stuff has happened in the last couple of days and all of it just came out right now."

Spike shook his head "Why didn't Luna just pull you out of your dream if it really was that, this, bad?"

"I don't know, maybe she was so disgusted by what she saw..." a sob escaped her mouth. "I'm sorry it's just, C-Celestia..." She couldn't hold it in any more. Another round of sobbing erupted from Twilight.

This time, the only reason she stopped was because she fell asleep. Twilight cried herself to sleep.

Spike looked at the sleeping Twilight with a face full of worry 'I wish I could help you more.' He sighed as he stopped hugging her and laid her down in her bed.

"Good night, Twilight." Spike whispered. He sighed "And sweet dreams." He tucked the sleeping mare in. He then leaned over to her forehead and gave her a kiss goodnight.

He walked out of the room and shut the door as quietly as he could. Then he walked over into his room and sat down at his desk. He took out a piece of paper, a quill, and a ink vial.

'I should tell Celestia about this,' Spike thought. He began to write

Dear Princess Celestia,
I'm really worried about Twilight. Yesterday, right after Twilight got your letter she ran upstairs to her room and locked herself in. Then about an hour and a half ago she screamed, waking up from a terrible nightmare and ever since she has been an emotional wreck. Constantly crying or staring of into space. She's scaring me and I'm really, really worried.
Your friend,
Spike

Spike then rolled up the parchment and lifted it up to his mouth. He then blew light green fire on the piece of paper and it was transported to Celestia for her to read.

After a couple minutes of waiting, Spike's mouth erupted in green fire and a scroll landed on his lap. He unrolled the piece of paper and read Celestia's letter.

Dear Spike
This is truly disturbing. For now do nothing but comfort Twilight in anyway you can and try and keep her safe. Keep a careful watch on her and if her condition changes (or goodness forbid, worsens) contact me and tell me all you can. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, you have my thanks.
Princess Celestia

Spike set the letter down on his desk with a determined smile on his face "I will Celestia, I promise. I will keep her safe."

Author's Note:

This chapter was a lot of fun to write. Hope you enjoyed it!

Also as before if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below.