• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,937 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,937

Chapter 11 - The Foundation of a Friendship

Twilight layed on her blanket inside of her tent. She was twisting and turning, trying to fall asleep, but she couldn't. To much has happened in the last few days to give her any rest.

Twilight gave up trying to fall asleep and thought about where they were. She was still in the hallway that they were in yesterday. It was really a tunnel that goes on for almost fifty miles into the north until it goes up and into the outside world. 'I hope we get out of this tunnel soon, I want to see the sky again,' Twilight shook her head with a sigh 'I still don't know where Zuhause des Nekromanten is or if there are other necromancers waiting for us there, I should ask the others some time.'

Twilight sighed and got to her hooves. She walked out of her tent to stretch her legs a bit and get some fresh air. As soon as her body was through she heard a mare's voice called out to her "You can't sleep too?"

Twilight looked at where the voice came from and found Sapphire Rain laying down and looking over at her. "Ya, I-" Twilight paused, biting her lip "-I have a lot on my mind." Twilight walked over to where Sapphire was laying and sat down next to her.

Sapphire sighed and said "I get it. A lot has happened to you in the last few weeks." She looked over at Twilight and smiled encouragingly "But this also means that you are strong. Most ponies would have given up by now."

Twilight looked over at Sapphire with a small smile "Thanks." Twilight looked down at her hooves "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"Sure, ask ahead," Sapphire responded with a small smile.

Twilight took a deep breath. "Am I a good pony?" Twilight asked, tears forming in her eyes. Sapphire looked over at Twilight bewilderedly, her mouth hung agape. "I don't know if I am anymore. I killed my own brother, along with 18 other innocent ponies just doing their jobs. I'm a murderer and I-" she was cut off by a blue hoof covering her mouth.

"No, that's not true. You're not a murderer, not one at all. You acted in self-defense. You were defending yourself and Spike from an enemy who was trying to kill you! You are a good pony, a good pony who was backed into a corner and had to show its teeth," Sapphire gave Twilight a hug and said "You are probably one of the best ponies alive. No bullshit, I promise."

Twilight looked over at Sapphire, smiled, and then returned the hug "Thank you so much. You just helped me more than you know." Twilight wiped the tears from her eyes and looked over at Sapphire "Can I ask you another question?"

"Of course," Sapphire exclaimed with an encouraging smile "Ask anything you need."

Twilight looked over at Sapphire with a small frown "Do you always swear so much?"

Sapphire laughed and said "Yep, I swear a fuck ton!"

Twilight shook her head with a sigh "I'm gonna have to get use to that, aren't I?"

"Yep!" Sapphire said with a chuckle. She looked at Twilight with a smile "But I can try to lessen the use of curse words if you want."

"Yes, I would like that."

Twilight and Sapphire broke away from their hug together. Twilight looked over at Sapphire and asked "What are you doing out here?"

Sapphire's smile became a frown, her eyes became dull and her ears fell against her head "I couldn't sleep. When ever I close my eyes all I can see is my parents, dead, laying together, soaking in their own blood..." She shook her head, tears falling down her cheeks "I'm sorry just give me a minute." She then turned away from the stunned Twilight and let the tears fall. She cried silently and every time a tear fell from her face it hit the stone ground with a small "droop!" sound.

Twilight sprung into action and hugged the crying and shaking mare before her. Sapphire wiped her eyes and turned back to Twilight, hugged her back, and burying her face into Twilight's coat.

A few seconds later Sapphire broke away from the hug and tried her best to smile at Twilight. She had already regained her composure, looking just as she had before she began to cry. "Thank you, I'm better now. It's just ... It's hard to think about them without crying."

"I understand," Twilight looked down at her hooves, her ears falling back against her head "I've lost family too."

She shook her head and looked back up at Sapphire with a sad frown "I wish we were able to do more for Spike. We just left him there to rot, not even a shallow grave or anything," her eyes widened with a thought "What if I could bring him back? What if I could use the spell Life..."

Sapphire shook her head with a frown "Don't try it. You won't be able to cast it and all you will do is just sit there, get exhausted, and look at your dead loved ones for hours. It's a waste of time and energy and all you will do is get yourself more depressed than when you went in."

Twilight frowned, her hopes and dreams being crushed instantly "I'm guessing you tried?"

"Yes, many times actually," Sapphire looked away from Twilight "and every time I just got more and more depressed and hopeless. Eventually I gave up trying, probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life."

Twilight sighed "It was a thought at least."

"I'm sorry Twilight, I know that you two were really close but you need to move on, you need to let go. All that holding on will do is give you more pain," Sapphire shook her head "Take it from me, I've been through more loss and pain than most of Equestria I bet."

"I will, it's just hard to just forget." Twilight said as she looked over at Sapphire.

"No don't forget them, never forget, instead remember them but don't let that loss hurt you. I don't think Spike would want you to live in misery because of him, right?"

"Ya, your right," Twilight smiled at Sapphire "Thank you so much Sapphire. This has helped me immensely."

Sapphire smiled "Thanks, I'm glad I could help." She levitated out a clock on it said the time three thirty. "We should go and get some shut-eye. We will need to be rested for tomorrow, there is some stuff we need to talk to you about."

Twilight nodded and with some worry said "It's nothing bad right?"

"No, of course not," she stood up and walked over to her tent "We just need to talk." She then slid into her tent without a sound.

Twilight smiled 'She's right I should go get some sleep.' She stood up and walked over to her tent. When she got in she curled up on her blanket and within seconds she had fallen peacefully asleep.

Author's Note:

I've got nothing to put here... Well, hope your having a good day! Maybe I'll have something to put here tomorrow.

And as always if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below!