• Published 23rd Feb 2019
  • 5,937 Views, 323 Comments

Once a Necromancer Always a Necromancer - ThatOneLittleBoy



Once you learn the secrets of Necromancy you can never turn back

  • ...
41
 323
 5,937

Chapter 16 - An Old Tale

Twilight woke up with a yawn. She stretched all four of her legs and opened her eyes with a content sigh. 'That was the best sleep I've ever gotten I bet,' Twilight thought as she got up out of bed and stood up.

She took a look around her room. It was quite spacious with a kitchen, a pantry, and a bedroom. On the opposite wall from her bed was another bed. Inside it was a still sleeping Sapphire.

Twilight looked at herself with a sigh, she was filthy and covered with blood 'I really need a bath, but where's a bathroom?' She looked around the room again and found what she was looking for.

She walked into the bathroom, took off her cloak, and examined it. She winced as she looked at her cloak. It was covered in dried blood, her own, Spikes, and her brothers. She shook her head and through it aside.

Twilight walked over to the mirror on the wall and looked at herself, saying she needed a bath was an understatement. She was no longer a purple pony but a red one. The entire front half of her body was covered with blood. The only part of her body still its normal color was her back and her wings.

She looked at herself, her mouth open with shock 'I knew I had blood on me but not this much! How did I not even realize it was like this until now!' She sighed "At least I'll be clean soon."

She twisted her body and looked at her bandages, they were soaked with blood. She quickly unwrapped them and looked at the wound underneath. It has scabbed over since the last time she checked on it. She frowned, it was going to be a long time though until it fully healed.

Twilight shook her head as she through the bandages into a nearby trash can. She then floated her cloak into the other room and laid it on top of her saddlebags.

She looked at the bathtub with a smile 'Now, let's take this bath of mine," and that's what she did. She filled the bathtub with water and got in. She washed all the gore, filth, and drowsiness from her body.

A half an hour later Twilight got out of the bath and dried herself off with a nearby towel. She walked to the mirror and smiled. She was her normal self again... well mostly.

Twilight squinted at herself, something was off. She didn't look the same as she remembered herself being back in Ponyville. Then she realized what it was and took a step back 'I look ... sad. Not like normal sadness but true, deep sorrow.' Twilight thought of Spike, her brother, Her battle with Celestia in Whinnyapolis, all her friends she will most likely never see again. Her face was filled with sudden anger and sadness 'I have a good god damn reason to be sad.'

She then walked over to her bed and opened up her saddlebags. She then pulled out some bandages and applied them to her wound.

Just as she was finishing up she heard a knock on her door. She walked over to the door and opened it up. Outside the door was Crystal Ember. He smiled "Hello Twilight, how did you sleep?"

She smiled back "Great, that's got to be one of the greatest nights of sleep I've ever gotten!"

Crystal nodded "You have been sleeping on a blanket for two weeks and have been constantly on the move," he chuckled "I am surprised you still aren't asleep." He looked her up and down and smiled "Looks like you took a bath."

"Ya, I really needed one. I feel so much better now, also..." She turned around, grabbed her cloak, and returned to Crystal Ember "I need this washed ASAP."

Crystal nodded "Of course, right away," he turned around "GUARDS!" Just seconds later a unicorn wearing black plate armor without a helmet came around the corner and saluted "Yes sir?"

"I need you to take this down to the washroom and clean it. When your done bring it back and place it inside," Crystal said to the guard pony, gesturing towards Sapphire's room.

He nodded "Yes sir, right away sir!" he then grabbed the cloak and ran off down the hallway.

Crystal Ember turned back to Twilight and smiled "Follow me, today begins your training." Crystal Ember then turned around and walked down the hallway. Twilight ran out, shutting the door behind her as she did.

After a few seconds of silence Crystal Ember spoke up "When I first heard about you and how powerful your necromancy was I was truly shocked."

Twilight looked up at him with a tilt of her head "And why is that?"

He looked over at Twilight "Because Twilight you are somewhat of an anomaly. Necromancy is possible for those who aren't a part of the three necromantic bloodlines but it is impossible for somepony outside of these three bloodlines to be born with extreme necromantic power. And your family doesn't have a single drop of necromancer blood in it."

Twilight looked at him with wide eyes "Really? I've done the impossible?"

"Yes Twilight you have," Crystal Ember said with a smile.

Twilight shook her head, trying to comprehend what Crystal just told her. A few seconds later a new thought appeared in Twilight's head "Necromantic bloodlines? I've never heard of them."

"Then why don't I enlighten you!" Crystal Ember said with a smile. "The Necromantic Bloodlines are ancient family trees dating back thousands of years. The most powerful of all necromancers come from one of the three bloodlines. The royalty of the Letztereich come from two the families."

"What about the third?" Twilight asked.

Crystal Ember sighed with a frown "The third family was the most powerful and arguably the most important as well. The original line of kings came from this family, the family was known as the Funkelns. The Funkeln family is the oldest known necromancer family with the oldest known member of the family living back nearly seven thousand years ago, before the founding of Equestria."

He looked forward and frowned "But it was not to last. According to legend, Celestia attacked the ancient necromantic kingdom of nördlichland. The Lich King Maradicta, the last king of his line, fought with an army of the undead and fellow necromancers for months on end in a desperate defense of their homeland. But a year after the war began the king was killed by Celestia herself. Soon after his two children were killed as well. His son was murdered in the siege of the ancient city of Stadtwissen, and his daughter was lost at sea a month after that. The day his daughter died was the day the Funkeln clan, the greatest necromancer family of all time, ended."

He looked over at Twilight "And that, Twilight Sparkle is the story of the great Funkeln family's fall from power," he frowned "It is an old story, a story older than this city. It also is the story us necromancers look back on with great sadness. Back then was a time when we were great, when we were not just a city but a country, a kingdom!" His face filled with longing "Many necromancers wish for those days to come back. For us to restore our honor and dignity. For us to restore the great Nekromantenreich!"

He bowed his head "But most of us have given up all hope that we will ever see those days return. All we do now is live and pray to Gott our god that Celestia never learns of our existence and wipes us off the map ... for good."

Author's Note:

This chapter was a lot of fun writing. I love world building and this was just a perfect chance to do some!

Also wow, almost a 100 likes! I honestly never thought I'd get to 30. :twilightsheepish:

I just realized I started writing this three weeks ago ... Jesus three weeks went by fast!

And as always if anyone has any constructive criticism please give it to me in the comments below!