• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 834 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 834

Chapter 22 Positive results

Chapter 22
Positive results

---------------------
Luna, Canterlot hospital
---------------------

Luna and the mane six were in the waiting room. Luna sat there with a towel on her back as she waited for the doctors and nurses to come out with news of her sisters and Connor's conditions. The reason she had a towel on her back was to cover the blood stains.

She had got the blood stains when she had to carry the human down to the hospital as she was the only one naturally strong enough. Her sister was injured and Connor's high magic resistance, which she believed just meant near magic immunity, slowly sapped the magic abilities of the ponies. This meant that even the strongest earth pony wouldn't be enough as their added strength due to their magic would be slowly weakened and they couldn't just teleport their using magic.

As she waited, one of the doctors came out with a board in his magic.

"How are they, doctor? " Luna asked calmly.

"We are just putting Princess Celestia's hoof in a sling and then she'll be out. The wound will be fine as long as she keeps off it for the next few weeks. " he said, looking at the board.

"And Connor? " she questioned.

"They are still cleaning up his wounds. From what I've seen, he has lost quite a bit of blood. We are also not as familiar with his biology but he seems to be in a stable condition so far. Healing him is taking longer due to the fact that magic doesn't work on him or on the equipment which has been in contact with him for prolonged periods of time. " explained the doctor.

The door behind him opened as Celestia walked out, her hoof in a sling meaning she had to walk on three limbs. They had cleaned off the Changeling glue from her coat while her mane was still waving. Luna smiled and trotted over to her.

"Hello Luna, how are you? " Celestia said as she smiled.

I am well, sister. " she said.

Luna carefully hugged her Celestia, being wary of her hoof.

"Princess, are you alright? " Twilight said, getting up to greet her.

"Yes Twilight, I am fine. How are you and your friends? " she asked.

"I'm fine Princess. So is everypony else. " Twilight replied before looking back at her friends. They all have confirmation of this.

"Wonderful. How is Canterlot? " Celestia asked.

"Canterlot is already under repairs. We were lucky that the citizens escaped. Only a few were injured although some of the guards have been hospitalised. The rest are in good enough condition and are helping in repairs to the castle. " Luna explained as they started to walk towards the exit.

They left the hospital and slowly walked down the streets. Everypony could see the damage to Canterlot and the ponies fixing it. Luna could see the Earth ponies pulling carts of bricks and other materials while the pegasus and unicorns worked on putting the materials into place.

As they neared the castle, Luna and the others could see the damage on it. There were multiple broken windows, holes in the walls and the main gate just hanging on a hinge. Ponies were pulling carts of bags from the castle, which had seen better days.

They walked into the castle and were greeted by the entrance by some of the royal guards. The princesses and the ponies split up to go to their respective rooms. The sisters walked towards their rooms together as it was on the same side of the castle.

"What happened to Connor ? I hope he recovers from his battle. " Celestia said.

"The doctor said that the healing process is slowed due to their lack of knowledge on him and his magic-canceling properties. But he is at least stable, according to him, so I hope he heals. " said Luna as she remembered his fight with Chrysalis.

"As do I, dear sister. He helped save Equestria of his own free will and shall be rewarded for his actions. " said Celestia. Luna could then see a question formed in her sister's mind as they turned a corner.

"What is wrong, sister? " Luna asked.

"What happened to his machine? He must of rode him here to make it on time but I have not seen it since. " she said back.

Luna was going to say something but she then actually thought of it in her head.

"I do not know. " Luna admitted. "He should be around Canterlot. It is too big to hide. ".

---------------------
DB, Canterlot.
---------------------

DB walked the walls surrounding Canterlot. He had been keeping himself on a time schedule, which was to walk the walls of Canterlot, then the castle walls and finally the main Street back to the start. DB also stopped at the hospital to check on his rider every other pass, which was every four hours.

The time, according to his internal clock which he had linked with times in Equestria, was 8:31. It was still bright out and would stay like this until approximately 9:30. DB's had given himself orders in his riders absence, which were to protect his rider, protect the ponies and eliminate all hostiles.

The houses he passed were not as badly damaged as he would have thought. Some walls had holes, windows were shattered and the streets were covered in dents. But DB knew that this was compared to battles he had recorded. Battles with explosives, bullets and other machines that could stomp on or through. Not against a race that had not advanced past steam engines, bows and arrows and candle lights.

As he walked, he went through his readings again.

Hull integrity: 100%
Repair drone integrity: 99%
Machine gun ammo: 82%
Rocket ammo: 93%
Time left on power core: 82 days: 18 hours: 43 minutes: 25 seconds
Thruster fuel: 100%
Logic core: 100%
R-core: 63%

DB walked around the town to the castle wall. Ponies were finishing up the repairs they could do and stabilising the ones they would do tomorrow. Some returned to their own houses while others filed into hotels.

He reached the end of the street and proceeded to walk the castle walls. The time was now 8:35. DB continued his walk and wouldn't stop until told otherwise by his rider.

---------------------
Twilight sparkle, Canterlot
---------------------

The mane six walked along the castle halls towards their rooms.

"Do you think...umm...Connor will be OK? " Fluttershy said quietly, although everypony still heard her.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, darling. He is in good care. " said Rarity who tried to cheer her up.

Applejack then added her part. "Ah hope so cause that was a hell of a fight. ".

"I agree. But, from my notes on humans, I think he'll survive. " Twilight said hopefully. She had read that humans were made for endurance, from Connor's notes, but she wasn't sure the extent of it.

"And once he's better, we can throw him a 'thanks for saving Equestria' party. " Pinkie pie said enthusiastically.

"That would be lovely, darling. But it had been a long day and I would like to get some beauty sleep. " said Rarity just before letting out a lady like yawn.

Rainbow Dash said "Yeah, I agree with Rarity. Let's go get to our rooms and hit the hay. ".

They reached the door to their room. They all trotted in. Twilight went to get a drink as her friends headed to their beds. Twilight walked towards her bed, before looking down at the work she had left earlier. She stacked all of it together and made a mental note to make new notes tomorrow.

She put the notes on the side table before going to bed. It didn't take long before she fell asleep. Soon enough, everypony was asleep.

---------------------
Next morning.
---------------------

Twilight woke up just after the sun was raised like every morning. After getting out of bed, she made her way to the living room. Applejack was already up and was packing her stuff to return home later. She turned around and saw Twilight.

"Mornin' Twi. Ah ya alright? " she said in her accent.

"Yeah, I'm OK. How are you? " Twilight said.

"I'm alright. Gotta pack ma stuff for so ah can get back to the farm. " Applejack answered.

She turned back around to continue packing while Twilight picked up some quills and ink to start writing. She magiced over some plain paper and started to write.

Human combat.

Although they look like minotaurs, Human combat styles are very different. They seem to rely on speed, dodging and endurance. For example, the fight between Connor Irons and Chrysalis.

In this fight, Connor seemed to focus on dodging and counter attacking rather than minotaurs that rely on power and durability. He would punch and kick after a missed attack. Though these attacks were not as powerful as a buck from a pony, they would slowly wear down the opponent. Humans seem to be able to move their bodies quickly in odd ways to avoid hits while maintaining balance so they can use their upper appendages to attack.

Human bodies don't seem to be made for taking hits. Their skin is easily pierced by sharp objects like the tip of a changeling horn. This was evident with the amount of scratches and the stab wound from the fight in Canterlot. This may be why they rely on dodging as they can't handle too many hits and it could also be another function of his clothes.

Although Connor had fought his way up the castle, he still had the energy to fight. During the fight, it was Chrysalis that was slowing due to exhaustion. Even after a serious injury, he had the strength to beat a Changeling Queens skull in with a bat could possibly dent a metal tube. This was before fainting due to blood loss.

Twilight finished her writing as she looked up. Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity were now up as well. Rainbow Dash was just coming out of her room. With everyone awake, they all headed towards the dining room.

The halls they walked down were slightly cracks in places but the repair workers had fixed most of the walls. The door to the dining room were guarded by four royal guards compared to the normal two. The paint on the door looked scratched but otherwise unharmed.

Inside the room, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were already sitting down and eating. The mane six went and sat down.

Twilight then started the conversation. "Hello princesses, how are you? " she asked.

Celestia answered first. "I am fine, Twilight. This injury is not too bad although it is proving to be a hindrance. ".

Celestia moved her hoof a bit as if to show the now limited movement it had.

"Yes sister, but we have suffered greater wounds than that in our long lives. " Luna said, trying to cheer her up.

"That looked awfully nasty when ya got it but it seems to be just dandy now. " said Applejack.

"But what about Connor. He had a hole in his side that looked bad. He was leaking blood all over Princess Luna's back. I doubt that he is anywhere near fine and healthy. " Rainbow dash said.

"I have had a fresh doctor's report on his condition. He is stable but is unconscious from blood loss. Doctors have said that he also has a small lack of certain proteins, percifically, ones found commonly in meats. The doctors dealing with Connor Irons have said he can awake sometime later today or tomorrow. " explained Princess Luna.

Pinkie gasped. "That means I have to go to plan a party for him. Gotta go, see ya later, bye. " she said before disappearing out the door.

The princesses and the rest of the mane six continued to chat and eat. Rarity and Applejack wanted to go home as they had work to do. Twilight would also be going back to her library to see Spike. Fluttershy needed to go home to look after her animal friends. Rainbow dash needed to go home to help sort ponyville's weather and to look after her tortoise, tank.

After breakfast, the five of the mane six left for Canterlot station. They bought their tickets, got on the train and departed at 9:00. They did see DB walk pass the station as they left. He disappeared behind a building as the train sped off to ponyville.

End of chapter 22

Author's Note:

After this story is completed, I'm split between writing a new story or number 2 for this story.

Vote for either and I'll do that. I'm also starting college tomorrow so don't expect regular uploads.

Hint: You know that feeling when your stuck somewhere with nothing to do?...