• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 832 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 832

Chapter 14 Day off

Chapter 14
Day off

Connor was still in his dreams, Luna looking around. I projected DB somewhere in here, along with other mechs I've seen, worked with or fought against. The otherwise empty hanger was quiet and not full of mechanical whirring and motors whining.

I take it you like these then. “ I said, trying to stop the conversation we had not a minute ago. It seemed to work.

Well, they are a wonder as they are made of no magic. How your people did this, we would never know. “ Luna said.

Well, since your here, may as well let you have one. It's a dream after all and you can have it the way you want it. I will still use DB, even in my dreams. “ I said, letting said mech walk over.

Luna walked over to one of the medium mechs, an assault mech with both arms being miniguns. It was a good mech, while being the bane of his mech. It had no paint job like mine at the moment. Luna did try to use her magic, which worked slightly, and gave it a decent colouring of dark blues, light blues and some black.

Nice choice. “ I said. Luna flew up and into her mech. After two crashes and a trip to the floor, she got the basic controls. Since it was a dream, you could just make your own controls which helped.

I walked out, Luna following. The open field outside was littered with holes, ditches and a single undamaged road, just as I remembered it. I turned the mech to communicate with her.

Hey. How'd you feel for some target practice? “ I asked through the link. She took a while to respond. She was probably trying to find the communication link button.

Um, sure. What targets? “ she asked.

I grinned maniacally.”Each other. “ I said before bolting away to one of the wreckages which I could hide behind. As I reached it, Luna finally open fired. We continued our friendly battle as we exchanged useless information like favourite food, sibling squabbles and funny stories.

I eventually woke up in the dark tree, with only some light visible from in the tree. Looking down, my stuff seemed to still all there. I climbed down and picked up my stuff. The pistol, ammo, minigun and newly acquired golden scaled skin didn't add up to that much weight, although that didn't mean it was light by any means.

I walked out the forest, onto the apple tree farm land. It was my day off, so I decided I could go to Twilight so she could get her notes she had been gathering on me and DB, apparently in secret. But before all that, I would have to drop off my stuff in the barn.

I headed to the barn before a orange mare blocked my path.

And where do ya think your going’? You got some explainin to do, mister. “ Applejack said.

I guess its about yesterday. If that's the case, I've already explained it to Princess Luna and I hate repeating myself. “ I said in a uncaring voice.

Well, ya going to, so get explaining. “ she said.

I sighed. “Fine. I used self defense to stop ponies from killing me. If you can't take it, don't give it was something I was taught by my mum. So if they can try and kill me, I will try to kill them. Turns out they were not prepared for their weapons to either snap or bounce off upon impact, or for me to have explosives I could use. “. I finished my rant.

Applejack looked shocked. Geez, ponies are too soft. I looked at Applejack as she broke from her frozen state.

But ya killed ponies. That's just not right. “ she said. I sighed.

Look, I was protecting myself the way I was taught. My saying is it could be worse. I mean, I could of killed them all. “ I said. I went to walk away. This time, I was allowed past. In the barn was DB. I placed my stuff to the side. I took my pistol with me, just in case.

I left the barn and headed to ponyville. The path there had prints from DB's foot. This just showed me that DB could book it when it was needed. This was reassuring. At least I could have backup if or when I needed it.

I entered ponyville and looked around. The ponies were skittish whenever i walked past, and move out of my way with worried looks. I proceeded to the library, not caring for the looks of others.

I opened the door and looked around. It seemed empty, so I had a look around. I went to the shelves to have a look. Most were non fiction and science books, with the occasional fiction book in-between.

Behind me was the doorway to the kitchen, which i could see a sink and cutlery. I decided to stay out of there as this was not my house. Beside that were stairs that probably lead up to Twilight's room. Again, I decided to stay out of there.

That was until, from up the stairs, a piece of paper fluttered down. It looked like the wind blew it down, probably a open window. Curiosity killed the cat. Luckily, I'm a human. I picked it up and flipped it to see the writing.

Human defense.

Connor Irons has shown his fighting style when faced with multiple opponent's. His fighting style seems to revolve around quick but effective attacks. They seem able to use each part of their bodies without danger of unbalance even on two legs. Their senses can also detect combatants out of their view.

The human shows impressive acceleration compared to ponies, although they have a lower max speed. This might of help primitive humans ambushing prey or help modern humans dodge attacks by quickly accelerating there bodies out of harm. His body is good at remaining balanced and steady, even on two legs. This helps the human change his posture to make him a difficult target.

Connor's upper limbs he called arms end in appendages called 'hands’ which are highly articulate, as previously discussed. They can clench them into a ‘fist’, which is dense and boney and have less surface area. This helps deliver much more force. Their body is also relatively thin, which helps avoid attacks.

Despite this, they seem to have a way of absorbing damage such as multiple cuts and bruises without much response until after combat. This may be caused by chemicals in his body. How such resistance to pain in a relatively compact frame is possible has yet to be discussed with the human.

I found this interesting as I saw what information Twilight sparkle had gathered. I looked up the stairs, now debating whether to go up there or not. I thought about it and then quietly snuck up. The wood made no creeks as I went up.

Up here, there were more books, scrolls and a desk with paper on it. I also saw the slightly opened window, which was over Twilight's bed with her still in it. Spike had his bed not far off but closer to the stairs, although he was nowhere to be seem. There was a simple rug in the middle which had books littered over it.

I walked over to the desk and carefully took the papers on it. I then crept back down the steps to read them. Most of them were observations, one had a rough sketch of my body, one had a sketch of the solar system and there were a few blank pages. Reading some of the notes, I thought I would write one page myself. I grabbed a blank page and a pencil, since the ink and quill were hard to write with.

Primitive Humans

Humans, or more scientifically known as homo sapiens, are a evolved form of ape (not monkey). We are omnivores and are very intelligent. This intelligence helped humans become apex predators and live in a world without magic or any other intelligent life.

Humans use persistent hunting as there way of hunting animals. This is done by chasing prey to exhaustion. Once the prey is to tired to escape, humans would then kill the animal and bring them back to their group. To help, humans have no fur and can sweat which lets our bodies vent heat away to prevent overheating.

We also knew how to farm crops and use traps to catch food. This was caused by our increasing intelligence and the need for more as human populations increased. Humans can also craft simple tools like spears from simple long sticks or clothing to help keep us warm from animal skins.

Modern Humans

In the present day, humans have created machines that can fly around the planet while being a few tons in weight, spacecraft to take humans to other places, although humans have only reached our moon so far with controlled rovers on Mars. We have bombs that can level cities in a single use and cause near incurable illnesses for decades after.

Our global population is less than 8 billion and with humans on all continents, excluding the North and South poles of our planet. Due to the separation of these places, they developed their own laws, religion and culture. This often causes conflict between two different places. But most just either ignore or accept them.

I finished writing on the page, looking at a job well done. I went to take them back up when I heard movement from upstairs. Judging by the groan and yawns, I guessed it was Twilight. The following hoof steps confirmed this as I backup from the stairs.

She reached the bottom step before finally noticing me.

Oh, hi Connor. What are you doing here? “ she asked. She looked at the papers in my hand.

I found one of these notes down here, so I had a look. I even wrote one myself. A bit of history and some facts. “ I replied. I offered the notes which levitated towards her. She had a quick read of it before neatening the papers.

Oh, thank you. “ she said, still somewhat tired. Twilight shook her head to wake herself up.

Urr, could you help with these notes? Most of them are speculation and guesses. “ Twilight sparkle said as she, once again, materialized ink and quills out of thin air.

I'll go first. So, why is there more female ponies than males? “ I asked. I was a question I had thought of but like never to be bothered to ask. It was also valid since the only males in this village I know of are Big Mac, the ticket pony at the station and a doctor I saw at the hospital.

Oh. Urr, ponies have a unbalanced gender ratio. I think it was four mares to each stallion. But it is a bit more obvious in ponyville. “ she said. She then spoke up and gave her question. “What powers your machine. I can't think of any energy that can produce the energy requirements for it. “.

He runs on nuclear fission. “ I said, but got a blank look in return. “Do you know about atoms? “ I asked, getting another blank look.

OK. Can I have a pencil and paper to demonstrate. “. Both objects appeared in front of me, which I recognized as the one I used earlier.

Atoms are the building blocks of everything, aside from quarks, but I don't know about to explain them. Atoms are made from protons, neutrons and electrons. The proton and neutrons are doing in the center with electrons around the outside. “I said, stopping to let the information sink in as I finished the helium atom diagram and kept drawing the process of fission.

If an atom is too big, it will split into more smaller, more stable atoms, as well as emit three types of radiation. This radiation can cause other big particles to split or rip electrons off other atoms. This causes a chain reaction of very high energy reactions which the mech can use to power it self. “ I finished. I looked at the very interested pony, which I had just explained nuclear fission to. I handed her the sheet as she filed it with other bits of paper.

Your kind has proven the theory of the atom? That isn't even a well established theory here, but you just explains and drawed evidence of it? “ she questioned.

We proved,edited and improved the theory till it is now accepted as fact and has been quite reliable. “ I replied.

The next hour was nothing but Twilight going through theories to see if they were true or not. Some of the theories I still remembered from science in school, like the theory of evolution. But others were so stupid, I laughed at, like the theory of friendship, although I was told of for it later by Twilight.

While trying to explain why the earth is not flat, spike came through the door. He had a shopping bag held in his claws. Side said bag was some apples and other bits of food. The rest was hidden at the bottom. He walked into the kitchen and exchanged greetings with Twilight, while I sat there.

Hmm, looks like I have to go. See you tomorrow? “ I said is I got up and popped some joints.

Yeah, OK, see you tomorrow.” Twilight said as I got up and left the library.

End of chapter 14

Author's Note:

I wanted to write more for the aftermath of Connor's actions but decided to do something else.
Hope you like the story

Hint: Who the **** are you?...