• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 829 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 829

Chapter 1 Mech-stake

Chapter 1
Mech-stake

Running down the corridor, Connor Irons was still fiddling with his equipment. His thick black hair bouncing on his head and his chunky body moving at a speed unusual for an adult, he turned the corner to the hanger, alarms blaring. He was a fifteen years old boy with the letters DB stitch in green on his shoulders.

Alert, alert, all riders suit up for engagement. Repeat, all riders suit up for engagement” called the captain over the mic.

As Connor rounded the last corner, he saw his partner climbing the ladder to his HAWKEN mech. He had a heavy brawler class with a shotgun arm on the left and a rocket launcher on the right.

Good luck, kid. Let's see if those improvements work.” he said as he pulled the hatch over his head.

Connor's mech was a light gray medium mech with lime green trimmings. On both shoulders, the letters DB were painted. The left arm was a machine gun and the right arm had the prototype hand. It was a double pod homing rocket launcher but had one removed for the hand and hidden extendable blade to replace it.

DB, pick me up.” I said, getting ready for the hand to pick him up. Not being an adult like the others made it difficult for me to get to the hatch on the top of the mech.

“Affirmative sir, welcome back.” the machine replied in its mechanical voice. The hand reached for its rider, picked me up and put me on its roof. I quickly opened it and dropped in. I activated all the systems and prepared for the warp.

Warp drive ready, riders ready.” came the captain's voice.

Yes sir!
Yes sir!”

"Ok then, warping you to ground level. Good luck.” said the captain before the world suddenly disappeared.

Just as fast, the world reappeared and we sprung into action. The environment before us was of the old refugees bunkers. The winter snow had settled and the centre post was seeable from here. The hill in front of us had the remainings of the people before they were moved to a safer place.

Let’s get this over with, I missed breakfast for this” I thought. Before I could get there, I saw the two enemy mechs emerge from the post.

One of the mechs was a small scout and the other was a medium mech. The scout had two explosive weapons and the small fuel tank on the back of the cockpit. It had the typical rust orange colour with white lining. The other was a black or dark gray with two medium miniguns. It also had the white lining. They both had the letters HTKB on the side.

Hey, their the hire to kill brothers. They apparently wiped out a team of 4 together without any help! This just got a hell of a lot worse if they find us.” Came my partner over to mic.

Shush then or they’ll find us.” I said in a hushed voice. We watch as the continued round the post, out of sight.

Take the medium out first, then the scout.” I said, walking my mech around a pillar of stone, followed by the heavy mech.

We reached the right side of the post and behind the enemy rider. I turned my mech to my partner and did what could be considered a nod with my mech before turning back to aim my guns.

We opened fire.

The enemy mech could only turn around before the volley of bullets and rockets blasted him. I quickly used my thrusters to boost over to him and used the blade to stab the core before hovering. The mech went limp and the small nuclear core exploded. Probably from hearing the commotion, the scout mech appeared and started shooting. The was ineffective as we turned our attention to him. Before he could take anymore damage, he darted around the corner, followed by the four rockets that exploded.

That wasn't so hard, let's see what was so important that they had to hire them two morons. I hope it is something important. That'll mean more pay for us.” said my partner, unfolding the mechs shields back up.

We slowly walked to the post. The post was a square based pyramid with a cube taken from the centre and a entrance on all four sides. The was also a block a bit in front of the entrance that were used as cover for mechs when the enemy attacked. The top was a platform that often had people sat there, looking up at the stars. Other times it was a look out point for other riders to look for trouble.

In side the post, a portable transmitter was found. It was flashing and give off the occasional beep. The poles around the centre pole span slowly while it was supported by four clamps that attached it to the ground.

I examined the device and contacted the captain, saying “Found the transmitter, looks like they still think this place is a bunker. If I am not mistaken, they planned on bombing the place from orbit.”.

Good work riders, prepare to warp back.” Reported the captain, with the chatter and commotion behind him evident.

Just as he said that, the scout mech, still heavily damaged, through a jammer at us. My partner was gone before it affected him, I was not so luck. Normally, it would disrupt the warp so much it would stop. But since it was only a weak one and the warp was already sending me, neither happened I just disappeared in an explosion.

-------------------
Canterlot palace
-------------------

Celestia had just finished with the day court and was on her way to her room to retire for the day. She was about to lower the sun for Luna to raise the moon when a sudden spike of pain ran through her horn.

Sister, did thou feel that too?” cried Luna as she teleported into the room. Judging by the way she was rubbing her horn, she had felt it as well.

Celestia turned to face her. “Yes but I do not know what it is. This is new to me.” said Celestia, turning back to the sun and processing to lower it. Off in the distance, she could see a faint bit of smoke from the Everfree forest.

Have you lettered Twilight about this?” asked Luna.

No, but I shall in a moment. Her and her friends can handle whatever it is sister. Now could you raise the moon Lulu.” said Celestia, pulling a quill, pot of ink and paper out with her magic.

Oh yes, I shall see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight Tia.” Luna said before teleporting away.

Celestia started to write her letter on the paper.

Dear My faithful student Twilight sparkle,

Earlier, me and my sister felt something appear in the Everfree forest and I would like you and your friends to investigate. Please be careful as we don't know what it is or if it is dangerous. I shall be sending two royal guards to assist you that should be there by tomorrow.

If you find something of importance, please send me a letter.

Your faithful teacher,
Princess Celestia.

Once she was done, Celestia walked over to the door, opened it and said to the guard,”I would like you two guards to go to ponyville now and accompany the main six explore the mysterious crash there.”.

Yes Princess.” they both said in unison and trotted off.

As they left, Celestia closed the door and went to bed. As she drifted of the sleep, she thought to herself,Be safe My Little Pony's.

End of chapter 1.

Author's Note:

First chapter of my first story. Should be good.
Any constructive criticism can be put in the comments. I'll try to upload chapters three times a month.

See you next chapter.
Hint: ever see a near two storie size robot move?:rainbowderp::twilightsmile: