• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 833 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 833

Chapter 15 Declaration

Chapter 15
Declaration

Me and DB were up, eight in the morning, helping with the storing of the apples. Applejack and Big Mac were putting them away while we brought the apples to them. This was to be the last thing they needed to do before cider season.

In the cockpit, the smell of me was getting annoying and I had notice that there was a fair amount of dirt on and in the mech. I would have to clean him after we had finished work. That would be a pain if I had not for some help in the matter.

That's the last of them. “ I said, pulling in the last load.

Alrighty then. Thanks for ya help. Ah meet ya at the barn. “ she said her thick accent.

With that, DB and I walked back to the barn, where we had agreed to help me clean the mech. Outside the barn were buckets of water, sponges, ladders and some clean rags. DB positioned himself near the door of the barn as I got out. He letter me and put me on the ground. Semi waited for the farm ponies, I started setting ladders against him, then got a sponge and started to clean.

Eventually, Applejack showed up to help.

Hey, Applejack. “ I said from the other side of DB, cleaning his right shoulder.

Howdy Connor. “ she replied, grabbing herself a sponge. She started with his left leg and foot.

Things had gotten relatively back to normal, although 'normal’ is not a word used commonly. The other ponies were not as scared, Twilight didn't try spying on me as much and there were no other incidents since the titan cult attack.

Speaking of which, later investigation, they found that a few of the cultist were changelings. This enforced my now growing disliking of them. The fact that this was the second time these bugs had attacked me in a month was not funny.

It also raised the question 'why?’ . Why attack me? Why not some other poor schmuck? Why attack at all? Why was I so important? I could of carried on, but it would help answer the ever increasing list of questions.

Getting bored, I decided to strike up a conversation.

So, Applejack, how are you? “ I said with one of the most reliable conversation starters. Works every time.

Ah'm fine. How're you? “ she asked.

Fine. So, any plans today? “ I said.

Na, ah I don't have many plans. Ah might go meet up this the girls. What plans do ya have? “ she answered.

I'm going to be helping DB with the information he's gathered. I also want to try and find out why these changeling things keep attacking. “ I said, moving down the ladder to start on the elbow and lower arm.

---------------------
Everfree forest edge
---------------------

Queen Chrysalis stood on the edge of the forest, hidden by the thick trees and bushes. She watched as the stupid ponies wandered around and unaware of her precious children amongst them. Her children that had critical roles in Equestria's down fall. Her children that had been murdered by these new things.

These new things showed to be a threat. The smaller creature named 'Connor Irons’ was smarter and seemed to control you the bigger creature. It was male, judging by its voice, and wore clothing at all times. It held devices that could kill in less than a second and a even bigger on that she could only presume was much worse.

The bigger thing, which had been called a 'mech’ but the changelings called 'DB’ due to the letters on its body, had weapons unseen before. It could launch coned cylinders which exploded on impact, the power to make the ground shake when it stomps and a body that could make spears, arrows and magic look like flies. It never seemed to eat or drink and yet it could do all this without even breathing.

She would make them pay when she ruled and no one could stop her. Not even the six elements of harmony. Not even the princesses. No-one.

< Queen, we are in position. Orders. > said one of the many drones telepathically. This one was located in canterlot and had served as her intel gatherer.

< Well done. Stay undercover till my arrival. > said Chrysalis, looking away from the oblivious ponies.

< Yes, your highness. > it replied.

< Changelings in ponyville, come and report. > Chrysalis called, getting a small group of 'yes, your highness’ in return. She waited in the forest, continuing to think of the plan and how it would never fail. Not this time.

---------------------
Connor Irons, 2 hours later
---------------------

I climb down the ladder as through the sponge into a bucket. DB was now clean, his green lining, initials, repair drone and exposed plating were now clean, the unpainted surfaces shining in the sun. His weapons were cleared of muck while the cockpit was cleaned and freshed.

That's a mighty fine job there, ain’t it? “ Applejack said, looking up and down at the now clean mech in all its glory.

Yep. I've not had him this clean since last month. “ I said.

DB stood up and looked himself over.

“Motors cleared. Weapons cleared. Surface cleared. Efficiently cleaned. “ he said. If he had any emotion, he probably show thankfulness and happiness, but we got his monotone and flat voice.

Well, ah'm gonna be busy, so see ya later. Oh, and thanks for ya help. “ I said as I walked towards the barn to get my stuff. Applejack nodded and turned towards ponyville.

Alright, let's go DB. “ I said as I pick up my minigun, pistol, mags and attached my ear piece I had got out of the cockpit earlier. I wanted to be prepared for anything. The list would include anything from another manticore or hydra to a small army to a portal to god knows where.

The Everfree forest, which wasn't as bad as people said it was, closed in as we passed through the orchard of apple trees. The contrast between the two was obvious. The bright and colourful world that they controlled down to the weather compared to the wild, untamed and natural forest which ran the rules of nature. The most scary place to ponies was more home like to me.

As we entered it's boundaries, the colourful, cartoon like world turned more realistic and spooky. I could feel the eyes of many animals of lots of sizes look at me, knowing what I could do. Me and DB passed through the trees and investigated the possible points of entry for these changelings. Some spots showed promise but others didn't.

I had got out to get a better look on the ground. As we headed towards the fourth place, we saw three or four ponies walk into the forest. This was unusual as the ponies commonly warned against going in. I followed them, hoping to either know what they were doing, or set up a prank to scare them if they were local ponies out here for no good reason.

“Warning, unusual energy signature detected. “ said DB, which made me jump as it came so suddenly.

They moved into the forest with little to no fear, which was furthering my curiosity. They stopped before a big tree for a second. From behind the tree, a much bigger changeling appeared. It was the size of the princesses, which means small than me not including the horn. This changeling also had more holes and a thinner frame than the others.

Well. That's where their coming from. Wonder what their doing? “ I said through the ear piece. DB was now holding off to avoid detection, so I had to keep him informed.

Well, what do you have on these new creatures? “ said the obvious changeling, which I could guess was female from the voice. The ponies dropped there disguise and revealed there true changeling nature.

We have four that he has devices that can cripple or kill and only produces a loud bang as a side effect. He also has a much bigger one that we haven't seen used yet, but looks much more dangerous. The creature can fight effectively on its two legs and use its upper limbs for combat. It has shown he can withstand a few well place hoofs and bucks to its body. He didn't show fatigue in the fight. “ one of the drones said.

With only common knowledge of how home bugs like bees work, I assumed that the bigger female changeling was a queen and these were her drones. This also meant that killing her would majorly interrupt their society.

But I decided to not shoot yet. If I could tell what they're plan is, I could prepare for it or warn others. I also didn't like the thought that they could disguise again and run out in pony form, causing me to look evil as I would be 'attacking innocent ponies’.

Well done. Have you prepared? “ the queen said.

Yes, changelings are in position and have a view of the elements. When the attack commence, they will have them, your highness. “ said a different drone, but since they all looked and sounded similar, he couldn't be bothered to track which one said it.

Excellent. The invasion shall go as planned. “ said the queen. The changelings nodded and walked off, assuming their disguises again. The queen’s horn lot up and she vanished. I turned and walked away.

DB, you get that? “ I asked through the mic.

“Affirmative. “ he said back through the mic.

Can you track them? Might be good to keep an eye on them. “ I said as I headed back to DB.

“Affirmative, tracking targets. Targets picture acquired. Unique energy signature recorded. “ he said as he came into view. The dark metal grey blending somewhat with the shadows of the trees.

OK, mark this location. We might check here again and hopefully see them. Alright, pick me up and let's go. “ I said, now in front of DB as his glowing blue monitor eye looked at me.

He did so, his cold metallic figures holding me with practiced ease. He put me down on top and moved toward the hatch, opened it and climbed in. We turned and we walked out the forest while minimising the noise made by DB's foot.

We made it out the forest and walked towards the barn. We walked around the orchard to save time. When we got there, DB crouched and I got out and climbed onto the barn support beams and upstairs storage, which had been my home for the time being with all my stuff.

DB got up and looked at me now that we could look eye to eye, metaphorically speaking.

Right, let's see what we’ve learnt. I'm the only human and your the most advanced piece of machinery on the planet. We live with magical ponies the colour of the rainbow, sometimes literally, with others including Griffin's, minitores, zebras and changelings. At the moment, the changelings are planning an invasion with a already set up plan and are majorly pissed at us for killing them. I miss anything? Oh yeah, the princesses move the sun and moon. “ I said, retelling my situation in hopes this would make more sense.

It didn't.

“Affirmative. Suggested plan. Wait and let their plan start. If we warn the ponies, changeling spy's and report this and change plans and/or postpone the attack. If we keep it a secret, we can disrupt their plan. Advice precautions for following days. “ DB said in his flat voice which gave a professional tone to what he said.

I sat there, thinking on what to do. On one hand, we could tell the ponies but possibly have the changelings notice this or we could keep quiet till the attack starts. One side means Equestria would be ready for them but the other gave us the element of surprise.

We’ll stay quiet for now, but after the first attack, we inform the ponies. “ I decided, looking at the mech. It was the best we could do, which wasn't saying much in the scheme of things.

It was now mid-day, with the rest of the day to go. He would probably spend it exercising or reading. He climbed down the ladder placed to the side and walked out the barn. A few laps around the orchard then some reading at the library.

End of chapter 15

Author's Note:

This chapter is the begining.
Prepare for it.

Hint: Preparation time, got a sharpener?...