• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 832 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 832

Chapter 20 Devils work

Chapter 20
Devils work

The ponies and the princesses ran through the castle, making their way to the throne room which they knew the guards were stationed. Luna and Celestia shot down the occasional Changeling with magic as they went down the hall.

As they reached the door to the throne room, the guards opened it and hurried them in. They shut the door behind them. The ponies caught their breath as they heard the commotion outside. There were windows in this room so they could see the fight as Changelings swarmed the city.

Outside the door, Blade Wing and Blocked Heart stood guard. They had been called to duty as soon as Captain saw the oncoming swarm. Blade had her standard sword, bow and arrows and armour on. Blocked also had his sword, shield and armour and was standing on the other side of the door.

"Did you hear what happened to ponyville? " Blade asked, not turning to look at Blocked as she did.

"That it was attacked and now the swarms here, yeah. " Blocked replied

"No. Apparently Connor save ponyville and walked off afterwards. If the captain's right, he could be on his way here. " Blade corrected.

"I highly doubt that. There's no way he'd take on the whole swarm out there. His machine is amazing, don't get me wrong, but it can't take on the sheer number of them. " Blocked reasoned with her.

"What if, by whatever means, he does get here intact. I think it would give up a fighting chance, right? " she said.

"Well...maybe. But that is a very big 'what if'. " He said.

"I wouldn't keep your hopes up, pony. He won't be coming to save you. " said a changeling that had teleported in front of them. The two guards were blasted by her magic before Chrysalis let herself into the throne room.

--------------------
Connor Irons, outside Canterlot
--------------------

"Shit. We're too late. " I said.

I saw smoke rise from buildings. DB and I were just nearing the border, which had been torn down. The place was in chaos as the Changelings flew around and Titanlings looked over the civilian ponies.

"Warning, we are heavily outnumbered. Request alternate plan. " DB said flatly.

"Split up. There's lots of buildings here I can run between for cover and it will mean I can get to the castle quicker. You draw attention and keep the Titanling troops busy. " I said, loading my equipment on to me. That was my pistol in my holster, two extra mags, my minigun and my ear Comms.

"Affirmative, caution advised. I shall provide a distraction and cover fire. " he said.

I got out the cockpit and was lowered to the ground. "Good luck DB. " I said to him

"Good luck, rider. " was his response as I ran into the city.

I stuck to thin streets and small alley ways where I could move faster without being seen. I rounded a corner then immediately ducked back as a load of Changelings patrolled the area. I peeked around the corner to get a closer look. The Changelings were surrounding a group of guard's near the corner I was hiding behind.

Pulling out my pistol, I aimed around the corner. I aimed and fired, surprising all of them except for one of the Changelings, which collapsed with a hole in its head. The bugs started moving in my direction, probably because the gun was quite loud.

I put the pistol away and prepared my minigun. I spun it up. As soon as the Changelings turned the corner, they were shredded by a hail of bullets. They fell easily and all landed lifelessly on the hard stone ground. I walked over to the guard's, putting my weapons way.

"You all OK? " I asked.

"Yeah. We're good now. Thanks for the help. "the said one of the guards.

"Your welcome. Is everyone evacuated? " I said. If not, my job just got harder.

"We think so. We got as many ponies out as possible. " he replied.

With that, I left and continued my path towards the castle.

As I snuck behind another group of Changelings, I retreated into a toy shop as one turned my way. At first I thought nothing of it until a certain thing came into view. I walked over to it in the sport section and picked it up. I smiled before sticking it down my back. I went back to the door and sneaked away.

I would of, at least, but was spotted by some Changelings behind me I hadn't noticed. Once I had noticed them, I legged it as fast as I could. They seemed to be keeping up, even slowly gaining.

Ahead of me, were stalls, knocked over rubbish and a waiting group of Changelings. As I headed, they landed to make a roadblock to stop me. As I grew near, I prepared to turn to avoid them but the alleys and side streets were also blocked.

So, once I was two metres away from the roadblock, I prepared to jump. This meant piling on speed till I was half a metre away. After that I jumped into the air and over the Changelings who obviously not expected me to do that.

"DB, request assistance ASAP! " I shouted into my ear piece.

"Affirmative. On route to your location. Prepare for weapon fire. " he said back as I continued running.

I now had a small army behind me as I neared the final stretch to the castle. From around a building, a Titanling stepped out, completely blocking me in. I was going to and turn into a side street to hide or fight but I heard a familiar sound.

The hellfire missiles flew overhead and exploded behind me. The Titanling in front looked up and was met with machine gun fire as DB jetted himself over a building with his thrusters. I turned around and pulled out the minigun. Once spun up, I shot down the remaining pest that survived.

"Thanks. Don't know what I'd do without you. " I said.

"Your welcome. Hostiles incoming. I shall provide cover fire and protect the castle. " DB said.

He started to move around and the castle walls to engage enemies of to the side while I ran into the castle.

As I entered, I was met with a pile of royal guards. I checked a few of their pulses and was relieved that they were alive but unconscious. I also found a good deal of Changeling bodies as well.

I turned the corner to find more royal guard and Changeling bodies. There was one pony, however, that was awake.

"Prince blueblood?! You OK?! " I part asked, part shouted.

"Yes, I'm fine, human. Such pests are not a worry. What are you doing here, at the castle? " he said, his snarkiness lost for the time being.

"I managed to over hear part of their plan. I came here to help stop and help you lot. " I said.

"Good. You need to get to the throne room. That was where the princesses went. I shall protect this entrance. Now go, shoo, get out of my sight, human. " he said, the end part of the sentence probably because he remembered the last time we met.

I move down the halls. After a few turns, two flights of stairs and more unconscious bodies later, I reached the Changelings guards. They had stolen the weapons off the previous owners, the guards, and each wielded a sword at least. In this corridor alone were at least five of them.

Connor pulled out his pistol and looked at the ammo. He had five shots left with two full, twelve bullet mags.

He stepped out of the corner and fire two shots. The Changelings had time to look before two of them collapsed like a sack of potatoes. The other three ran towards me. I was able to get another head shot before having to dodge. The two bugs nearly caught me as I side jumped out the way.

I pounced on the closest one, sending us crashing to the ground. I them picked it up and threw it at the other. They were quite heavy, meaning the one being thrown didn't go too far or too fast. They crashed into each other. The one I chucked got up first and was met with a bullet. I went to shoot the other but as I shot, it teleported away.

I thought it had gone to the queen. That was before being tackled to the ground from behind. I rolled over, only to be greeted by a hoof to the face. Ow! It lifted it's hoofs again and went to punch me. This time I caught it, rolled us over so I was on top, and punched the Changeling. I repeated the punching until it didn't move anymore.

I got up. I was a out of breath as I stood there panting. Once I was good to go, I loaded a new mag into my gun and proceeded down the royal halls. I walked the halls, being careful of one's hidden behind corners, patrols near windows and avoiding fights I knew I couldn't handle.

---------------------
Celestia, throne room
---------------------

Celestia and Luna were currently standing protectively in front of the ponies, their horns ready to blast queen Chrysalis if she tried to harm them.

"You shall not harm any of my little ponies, Chrysalis. " Celestia said. She was bluffing slightly as she was defeated by the changeling queen before.

"That's right, dear sister. Thou shall not harm our ponies or thou shall pay the price. " Luna said. Celestia knew she was also bluffing because Luna was still a tad bit weaker and was not caught up to modern combat magic.

"You cannot do anything to me. The Changelings have already taken the city and soon, all of Equestria! There is nothing you can do to stop me now if you want to save you little ponies. " the queen said, smiling smugly at the ponies. Celestia knew this, hence the only reason she hadn't blasted her yet, otherwise she would have done so.

"You will not harm our ponies, or you shall face the power of the moon. " Luna said, her calmness and composure not as strong as hers as Luna let her temper show.

"And what shall you do, Luna? You could not stop me the first time, you didn't stop me getting the elements and you can't stop me now. I have an army, you currently do not. " Chrysalis boasted as Changelings entered the room.

Luna, not holding back anymore, fired her magic at the Changelings. She hit and took two down before she and Celestia, who had charged up a shot of magic to also blast the Changelings later, her tackled and glued down by the changeling's cocoon glue. This was the same stuff that Celestia had been caught in last time.

"Princess! Don't worry, we'll stop them! Right girls! " Twilight shouted, getting multiple positives from her friends.

"I wouldn't if I were you, or my Changelings will absorb the love out of the princesses where they stand. So stay where you are until Equestria is officially mine and my Changelings may take all the love so we may live on! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa! " Chrysalis said, laughing triumphantly.

The ponies stood there, unable to do anything. They couldn't attack, they didn't have the elements, Shining Armour and Cadence were in the crystal empire and all of the guards were defeated or occupied keeping the ponies safe.

Celestia couldn't move her legs as they were sprawled out and stuck to the floor. But that didn't stop her from hearing sounds that were coming from outside the throne room. A loud and constant whirring and cracking sound unlike anything she had heard before was coming from outside.

Slowly, everyone could hear this sound as it neared the room. As it got louder, occasional thuds could be heard. One thud hit the door. Following it, many little bits of the door were shot through by projectiles to fast to see.

As the loudness of it went down suddenly, everypony waited for something to happen. They were not expecting to see Connor holding a relatively big weapon to violently kick open the door and shout "EVERYONE DOWN NOW! " before he released waves apon waves of weapon fire from his human technology.

The ponies heeded the warning and dove to the ground, Celestia and Luna already stuck to it. The queen also heard this and laid down. The other Changelings were not so lucky as they were gruesomely shredded mid-air and landed with a familiar thud. The ponies seemed to be fine.

Celestia suddenly felt pain in her hoof but held it as she worried moving in pain might also get her shot again. She could feel it bleed and as the projectile went fully through her front right hoof. It hurt immensely but she was in no position to do anything.

Once the weapon stopped firing, Connor let it spin down. Once it had stopped and he had everypony's attention, he spoke.

"Hello Chrysalis, ya miss me? " .

End of chapter 20

Author's Note:

Quick reappearance of other characters and a decent amount of action.
But it also means there's only a few chapters left.
So enjoy!:pinkiehappy:

Hint: not every fight ends heroically...