• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 824 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 824

Chapter 9 Story time

Chapter 9
Story time

The castle was huge. This place would put many other castles to shame with its designs, although our castles are bigger. The countless pieces of gold would make the poorest person rich beyond their wildest dreams. And yet the guards wear it like it is a common metal.

We continued to walk and soon came to a door. All I could smell was the delicious food that lied within. The doors were opened by the guards and what stood before me would make any animal drool.

There was food covering the entire table. Mostly salad and fruits. In front of every plate was the name of their species .But in two places was the best cooked meat I'd ever seen, with one saying the word 'hooman’.

Princess, you’ve spelt human wrong. It's H.U.M.A.N. ” I said. I walked over to it and flipped it over so the name was against the table.

Aah, my apologies. I can have it rewritten later. Meanwhile, we can wait for the other guest to arrive. “ Princess Celestia said in a royal tone of voice.

As if fate heard her, the representative walked in. One was a zebra. The body shape was almost identical to a ponies. The only difference was the colour scheme which followed the same black and white striped patterns of normal zebras back home.

The other one a bird or hawk with a body ponies shape. It had wings, a beak, talons and a more brown colour scheme. He had also bring a sword with it, warrior race.

The final one was a bipedal bull. He had hands like mine and a dull blue colour. Like a bull, it had horns and a muscular build.

All three representatives went to their seats, each giving a different glare.

Welcome. I can guess you now know why we are here? “ Celestia asked, getting nods as a reply.

Good. Do you have any questions? “ She said.

Yes. What is this creature that was found? “ asked the hawk thing which looked at me. The sound of the voice was male.

I am a human. My species are basically super intelligent apes. We are omnivores and have no magic, relying entirely on technology. What are you? “ I said.

I am a Griffin. We are a proud race of fearless warriors. “ said the Griffin.

I am a Minotaur. The most technologically based people here. We can test who is more technical advanced after this. “ he said.

And I am a zebra, the most spiritual of us. It is a pleasure to meet you without the normal fuss. “ rhymed the zebra. Hey talks in rhyme. That is going to get annoying fast.

Princess Luna spoke up. “Of what stage of your races life are you at? You act like an adult but you look young. “.

Well, I am mature for my age. I'm a teenager in my species, being 15 years old. We reach adulthood around age 18. “ I said.

What is your races like? Is it like these ponies who like peace or the Griffin's who like battles? “ asked the minotaur.

My races is a bit of all. We like peace like the ponies but get into bisputes on how it should be kept and get into fights over it like you Griffin. It's during these times we make quite a bit of technological advances, like Minotaurs. One of the most powerful power sources today were made as a weapon, a bomb, to make an entire country surrender in two uses...and we have thousands of these. “ I explained as I heard scratching of paper and quill.

So your race likes peace, which it fights for. But cannot settle it about it before a war? “ added the Zebra.

Essentially. We were in a war as you brought me here. “ I said saddly.

How does someone so young as yourself get brought into a war. “ asked the Minotaur.

I let out a sigh. “That is a long story. You might want to get comfy.”...

---------------------
Huntington, England, Mech R.and.D facility. 8 months ago.
---------------------

I was on a school trip. We were being lead around a Research and Development centre for the mechs. The one that caught my eye the most was the Bruiser mech with the Hellfire missle pods changed into a mechanical hand with a hidden blade and only one missile pod. It was also explained that it had a experimental A.I in it.

As the instructors and the teachers explained the mechs to the group, me and my friends talked at the back about our favourites so far. The group moved towards the next chamber with the Heavy c-class mechs.

As the teacher opened the door, there was shouting coming from the other side of the room, behind he bay shutters. There was a bit of silence before…

BOOM

…the shutters exploded and men with guns stormed the building. They shot the instructors and the soldiers present. The teacher was rushing the students out. Since I was the most behind in the group, I made it to the door last. As I got there, the guns went off and a few sparks flew off the door.

I ducked back behind a crate while my door to escape was slammed shut. My heart thundered in my chest as the adrenaline worked it's magic.

Sir, we have a heat signiture over here. “ one of them said. I looked around the corner and found the eyes that had found me. SHIT!!! I ran to a different crate, closer to the door we entered in. Gun fire told me the had spotted me and shear luck was saving me from having a bullet make a messy hole through me.

I skidded behind a solid, metal crate and the bullets gave the sharp metallic clang with sparks as they hit the corner. The sound of the boots slamming on the ground got louder and louder as the people advanced on my location.

As they rounded the corner, I stood up and backed up away from them.

Looks like it's just a child. Don't kill him. Just tie him up and take him away. No harming him unless you have to. “ said the man. Two from the group of eleven walked towards me as I walked backwards, away from them.

My back hit a panel and stopped my progress as the men continued towards me. No one noticed the lighting of the wires or the cables connected to a mech moving. No one noticed the whiring of the motors in the machine. I notice the light blue eye looking around. It looked at me as I mimed the words ‘Help me ’.

It saw this and crouched. Everyone saw this as the mechanical parts moved in there loud, cluncky matter. Its first words sounded just like those in movies and books

“Warning, unregistered citizens armed. One civilian child, possibly in danger. Please drop your weapons now. “.

They replied by shouting and shooting...it…no...him.

“Civilian in danger. Must protect.” he said as he used his machine gun arm to block some of the bullets. The mechanical hand reached for me and put me on the top of his body, near the hatch. Taking the gesture, I climbed in.

Inside the mech was a joystick with buttons on the left, an wired, mechanical glove on the right and countless buttons inbetween. The display was showing the men firing at his to hardly any effect.

With a much quieter voice, the mech talked to me. “Untrained civilian piolet. Starting ingrain sequence. “ and with that, the inside of the machine lighted up with countless different colour lights.

The pain was incredibly painful, which made no sense like everything else. This procedure meant that, temporarily, any capable civilian could pilot the mech. The knowledge being forced into my head was ingraining with no small amount of hurting and I think I cursed every curse word in the common human mental dictionary, which is pretty huge.

The next second, and it was nothing more than a small headache. This was numbed as the feeling of adrenaline reappeared. The sound of the men still firing filled the silence. I unconsciously used the mechs gun to bat those too close away then fired the machine gun to shred everyone except the the that talked. He had gave orders not to kill me, so I was returning the gesture.

I looked at the cockpit again and recognised every button as if I had been doing this for years.

I had no time to continue that train of thought as I saw enemy re-enforcements. There were two Medium, b-class, assault mechs and one Heavy c-class brawler mech.

“Hostile mechs targeted. Warning, out numbered three to one. Suggest retreat or strategies. “ he said.

We should engage. The school group is still locked in the other hanger and theirs no one left. Here's the plan. Take out one of the mediums and highly damage the other. After that, we can focus on the heavy and then focus on the last medium. “ I said, doing the details in my head.

Putting the plan into motion, we used the thrusters to boost forward. Catching the enemies in surprise, I locked on and fired at the left most medium mech. Staying out of the brawlers effective range, I got closer and continued to shoot at the medium mech one and damage them.

Medium mech two started to engage me and protect there team. As he dashed into the line of sight, the rockets locked on to him and were fired while the machine gun was still being fired at medium mech one.

I saw the heat level on my guns raise, meaning I had to stop shooting. I activated the damage absorption and closed in on medium mech one. Extending the blade, I slashed at him, which took them by surprise and they fell. As all mechs do, they fell limp and exploded a few seconds later.

Still taking damage from their weapons, I ran back to the hanger to get behind cover so I could safely use the repair drone as the medium mech repaired their damage and the heavy mech advanced on me. Healing the mech from 34% to 82%, I prepared my only working attachment.

I slipped out from cover and used the newly recharged thrusters to launch me into the air. Once I was directly above them, I aimed the thrusters to boost me down to the ground and do damage to their hull. This also confused him but not enough as he turned and shot the mechs shotgun. I had to run around them to stay out of the spread of the gun. Planning on finishing him off, I used the blade again and stabbed it as far into their cockpit as possible.

The final mech had finished his repairs and was getting into an effective range. I retracted the blade and locked the missles onto them. Once they were locked, I aimed to the right to curve the rockets, making them harder to dodge. I fired the cooled down machine gun and worked on finishing him.

The medium mech fired his two medium miniguns, dealing lots of damage. The rockets final hit, knocking the aim off. I used this to get within melee range and used the fist the way it was currently more useful for. A fist.

The equation force is mass multiplied by acelleration was being put to use. I used a very heavy, metal fist and punched the enemies mech very fast. The results were a cockpit that collapsed in on itself.

We walked back to the hanger and I climded out of the cockpit.

Hey, could you lower me to the ground? “ I said. As I was doing so, I heard the door open with the soldiers entering. All they saw was one men staring in awe at a child and a prototype mech with lots of unconscious enemies outside and mech wreckage outside.

---------------------
Present day, royal dinning room.
---------------------

After a lot of explaining, parents worrying and legal stuff, I was offered to work as a mech rider. This was a achievement that was worth the bragging rights. Me and DB have been partners ever since. “ I finished. I had finished my food while telling the story. Complements to the chef.

Everyone one was quiet. That was until the Griffin spoke up in a joyful, hardy cheer.

Your a warrior. Ha,haa! Taking the odds like that and get to tell that tale is a sign of strength. When the king hears this, you'll be in the good books of the Griffin kingdom. “ this was a surprised reaction, but not unwanted by any means.

A strong tale from just a boy, stopping those who seek to destroy. “ the Zebra rhymed.

That is a tale worth its place in books. If written properly, it would be a great story for the young. “ commented the Minotaur.

I agree. This story is worth written down. I will have this written by some royal writers later. It is getting close to the time I lower the sun and my sister raises the moon. I will have a guard guide you to your rooms. “ Celestia said as she got up. She walked off to the balcony while me and the other representatives are lead to our rooms.

As I entered mine, I walked over to the bed and took my armour off. With only the under clothes on, I fell asleep on the royal guess beds.

End of chapter 9

Author's Note:

Backstory for the main character. A fight scene, although it could be improved. This chapter is my good.

Hint: What ammo is there aside from live ammunition?...