• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 832 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 832

Chapter 17 First wave

Chapter 17
First wave

I woke up to the sound of silence. The sound that drove people equally crazy and calm. The sound that told us we were alone. The sound that was rudely interrupted by my yawns, stretches and joints popping into place.

I stood up and got dressed, an auto function I did without much active thought. I had gotten dressed into my black and green set. I had black joggers with two green stripes running down them, a black shirt with green seems and my initials on the short sleeves and a black hoodie with green seems. The hood had green on the inside and the sleeves also had my name written on them. I had my holster and pistol around my waist.

I climbed down the ladder to the barn floor, planning on a little lap around the orchard as exercise. I opened the door as the sun shone from the sky. Not today, sun. I thought as I shaded my eyes before the sun could punish them. Once my eyes adjusted, I started to walk. I would slowly pick up the pace as I warmed up.

Around the farm was peaceful. Birds chirped and sang from the trees while I strolled on the ground. The occasional wild animal I saw hurried and scurried over the earth floor. I turned the corner as I started to lightly jog between the apple orchard and the Everfree forest. The animals in there were much more active, squirrels and rabbits running around through bushes and into long patches of grass.

I allowed my mind to daydream as I jogged the circumference of the farm. I soon reached the end of my route, having finished at a pace of a fast jog and only just starting to sweat. My mind had drifted to the subject of changelings and what there plan could be. If they had spies in the castle, how many? If she had the elements of what's-its-name, where would she take them?

If I'm a threat, what would they do to stop me?

I walked towards town. The ponies would just be waking at this time and the Twilights library should be opened by the time I got there. The path gave me a good rest as I steadily made my way to town. I entered and looked around. Ponies were setting up stalls and shops were sorting shelves out. I walked inwards towards the library and opened the door.

--------------------
Luna, Canterlot
---------------------

Luna walked towards the royal dining room to get breakfast. She would also meet Celestia there so they could chat before royal court started and the nobles try to gain more money than they need.

She opened the door to find Celestia wasn't here yet. Although this was strange, it wasn't unheard. She sat down at the table as the waiters took her order of simple pancakes and syrup. Celestia then entered the room.

Good morning, sister. How're you this morning? “ she greeted, sitting in her seat.

I am fine, sister. “ Luna said. The waiter came and went as they took Celestia's order.

And how is Connor? “ she asked.

He is quite fine last time I spoke with him. I had not seen him since the night after the indecent in ponyville. “ she said. The waiters came back with two plates of pancakes, one for each princess.

They continued to talk as they ate. Celestia had eaten here first as she got up to leave.

I shall see you later in court. “ Celestia said as she left and Luna got up.

She was about to leave before the door opened to reveal Celestia walking back.

Hello sister. What are thou doing back? Did you not just leave for court? “ Luna said questionably.

I had accidentally left one of my royal hoof guards here. “ she said. Luna looked down and, sure enough, she was missing one of her golf guards.

Luna continued to walk towards the courtroom. As she entered, she was surprised to see Celestia sitting on her throne.

Sister, what are thou doing here? I had just seen thee in the dining room. “ Luna said. Celestia just gave a blank look.

What do you mean? I went to my chambers and then straight here after breakfast with you. “ Celestia said, confused.

But you went back for a dropped hoof guard, did you not? “ she said.

No? I didn't wear them to breakfast. I put them on afterwards and came here. “ Celestia said.

They both looked at each other before they both said “Changelings. “.

--------------------
Queen Chrysalis
--------------------

She walked down the corridor, disguised as Princess Celestia, towards the castle vault. If she wished for this plan to run smoothly, she would need to remove any threats, such as the elements of harmony.

Young Princess Luna had been so easy to fool. Chrysalis would take amusement of this afterwards, of how she had tricked everypony and none noticed. Of how she was right under their noses and in plain sight without being suspected.

She then had the thought of the beast. The creature that could ruin her almost perfect plan. Almost perfect. It could have been perfect if the creature had not appeared out of nowhere and disrupted the plan. She had tried to remove it but failed both times and had killed the changelings in the process. But she had a very special surprise for him and the ponies later.

She arrived at the vault door, which had royal guards stationed on the outside. She prepared her voice to match Celestia and spoke.

Guards, could you open the door? “ She asked. The guards complied without hesitation with a “yes, your highness. “. The door opened slowly, due to its weight of being made of solid Iron.

Inside the vault was huge. The amount of gold neatly stacked over on the side shined in the light of the sun through the window as she walked past them and towards her main prize. Up on the pedestal hovered the six elements.

In her magic, she took the elements and turned to leave. She saw the Princesses walking down the hall. Chrysalis turned to the window and started to fly up. She could hear them now galloping down the hall as she reached the window. She undisguised and blasted the window just as they entered. She leapt out the window and flew off.

Behind her, she saw the pegasus royal guards following. She made it outside the as her Changelings flew up and stopped the guards, allowing her to escape.

< Well done, my Changelings. Let us continue to the next phase. > Chrysalis said.

As a reply, she heard multiple voices all saying the same phrase.

< Yes, your highness. >

---------------------
Twilight sparkle, golden oak library
---------------------

Twilight was currently engrossed in Connor's description of human education and learning. She was surprised that young humans would learn things so advanced. Learning complex maths and scientific theory at the age of 14 - 16. They could learn how the actions of the PLANET happen and why, code on computers more advanced than any currently invented and were taught how to craft with wood.

The worst thing was that most people forgot some of their education as they leave school because it becomes useless. All that knowledge wasted. It would drive her mad. Fortunately, Connor only left school a few months ago and retained most of his knowledge.

"So, what is it like after education? " She said, her eagerness showing.

"Well, most go for further education. Others, like myself, get a job. " said Connor.

"What was your job? All we know is that you were part of your military. " Twilight said.

"Well, I worked for the skirmish and point capture divisions. I work with a group that consist off me and three others. When I came here, they were on leave with me next after I had completed the mission. I never made it home though. " Connor said, sounding a bit sad as he finished his sentence.

"What was that team like? " she said.

"Well, we were known as Devil team. There was Daniel Frankes, code name Devil's Dad. He was the leader and the oldest of us all. Then there's Steve Field, code name Devil's Runner. He is the nuttiest of us all and is our scout. Annabelle Knight, code name Devil's Wife. She was the only female and was the demolition expert. Then me and DB. My code name was Devil's Child as I was the youngest. DB had his code name as Devil's Beauty. We worked as the ambusher and suppression. ". He finished his brief rundown of his old team.

Before she asked what they were like, she her a familiar girl and whoosh of flames, just before spike walked down the stairs with a letter in hand.

"Letter from the Princess. " Spike said as he gently tossed the scroll over. She caught it in her magenta coloured magic. She unrolled it and read the content.

Dear Twilight sparkle

We require you and your friends at the castle as soon as possible. Queen Chrysalis had infiltrated and stole the elements of harmony and has got away. We fear she may be planning another invasion.

I have already organised your tickets, which should be at the bottom of the page.

Your royal teacher,
Princess Celestia.

Twilight re-read the letter again just to be sure before she spoke.

"Quick, we need to gather our friends and get to canterlot. Princess Celestia saids that the Changelings might be invading. " she said a bit to suddenly as Connor Irons jerked back from the outburst, although he also seemed to have perked up at the last bit.

Twilight passed the letter to him, letting him read it for himself. He looked at the bottom, at the tickets strapped there.

"Well, I'll see you when you get back then. " Connor said.

"What do you mean? Your coming too, right? " she asked, confused at his statement.

"Nope. Look. There's only six tickets, one for you and the other five for your friends, not me. Besides, I don't need to go anyway. " he said dismissively. He got up to head for the door.

"But what happens if they attack while we're there? You could help stop them. " Twilight argued, trying to convince him to come.

"What if they attack ponyville after you leave? It would be defenceless. Besides, if they do attack, the guards should help protect you whereas there aren't many guards here. " Connor said back. Twilight thought about it, realising he was right.

He pick up a book, which he was borrowing, and walked out after saying goodbye. She turned around and walked upstairs to get some stuff packed. Spike was laying in his bed reading a comic.

He looked up at her as she entered her room. "Hey Twi. Whatcha doing? " he asked curiously while also going back to his comic.

"Packing. That letter Princess Celestia sent told us to go to Canterlot. She said that Changelings attacked the castle and stole the elements. " she said.

"Changelings? But didn't we stop them? " said Spike questionably.

"Yes, but that apparently didn't stop them for good. " Twi replied. She started simply levitating things over. Stuff like paper, quills and ink. As she put them in a bag, she turned around and headed towards the door.

As she stepped out, Twilight walked towards the street corner with her saddle bags over her back. She looked up at the clear blue sky and and saw the birds and occasional pegasus fly over. She carried on trotting as she saw the earth and unicorn ponies walking about and some entering the busy street lane.

She walked out of the library and proceeded to go to her closest friend. That would be Pinkie pie, then Rarity, then Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Applejack. She turned the corner of the street and on walking.

She walked past multiple stalls and shops till she got to the end of this lane, opposite sugar cube corner. Just before she entered, she felt like being watched, but after turning around to find no one, she excluded such childish feelings.

End of chapter 17

Author's Note:

Here comes the juicy part of the story. May the plot commence. I've not asked so far but if you have any comments, I'd like to hear them.

As usual.
Hint:Was Connor or Twilight right?...