• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 824 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 824

Chapter 6 Barn bored

Chapter 6
Barn bored

After filling out forms and letters, the revelation of the pen and a few pointless warnings, I was finally allowed back out of the building. The only thing was to work out where me and my mech could stay. I went to find DB or the ponies. The walk through town was uneventful as no-one came anywhere near me.

I saw the familiar metal foot that appeared around the library. I walked over to give him the news. He was crouched behind the tree, in low power mode. This was his version of sleep. I continued round as I saw smaller ponies staring at DB in awe.

Did you know, some people don't like being watched in their sleep? “ I said, drawing their attention. They froze. I chuckled a bit. “If you want to talk to him, you could ask? He did say that if anyone wanted to chat, he wouldn't mind. “.

Uuhhh...what is it? “ asked the orange and purple one. She had wings but they looked a bit small.

From behind, DB 'woke up’ and replied. “I am a HAWKEN mech, a drivable machine with the ability to walk the same as my creators. We are built for many different jobs such as farming and law enforcement. “. All three squeaked. The cuteness of all three rivaling every pair of cute puppy dog eyes I have ever seen.

DB, do you know where the ponies are? “ I inquired.

“Yes sir. They split up not to long ago. Twilight is in the library, Fluttershy went to her cottage, Rarity went to home, pinkie mentioned a party, Rainbow Dash flew of to a cloud and Applejack went to her farm. “ DB informed me. The three children continued to stare at us.

Well, since she works on a farm, we'll go to Applejack first. A farm will have barns and that should be big enough to houses you. “ I thought out loud. “You know the way to the farm? “.

“Negative. She walked off before I could track. “ he said, his monotone voice never changing.

One of the children spoke up, “Ah know where it is. “.

Wonderful. Would you guide us there? “ I said.

Yea, sure thing. “ said the yellow one. She had a red bow in it's red hair. It shared a southern accent with Applejack.

With that, we left for an apple farm. It was right on the edge of town, meaning I could do stuff without scaring ponies with my mere presence. It also gave me a job if it was good. All I could ask for.

As we arrived of the farm, a huge, muscle looking, red pony walked pass. He looked up and saw me. Unlike everyone else, he just turned and continued his work. He said nothing. Well, at least he didn't go running off, screaming.

Just then, we saw Applejack. She was hauling a big cart of apples. She saw us and waved.

Howdy Connor, DB. What brings ya to the farm? “ She asked, as she resume pulling her cart.

Well, I need a place to stay, so I was going to ask if I can stay in the barn? It should be big enough to house DB and me. I'll even help around the farm if you want. “ I offered, knowing it was a tempting deal.

Well, you'll have ta talk ta granny smith about that. She makes the rules here. “ Applejack replied.

OK. But in the meantime, DB could help you pull carts as a show that we can work. He is easily strong enough to pull carts around. “I said, walking towards the house near the barn.

Outside the farm house, on the decking, was a skinny, old, pony with a greenish coat. She was in a rocking chair, asleep. Like the other farm workers, had a apple picture on her butt. Thinking that in her old age she might be a bit hard of hearing, I called out to her.

Hey! You granny smith? “. This woke her up and she looked over at me.

What ya want! Shouting at me while ah am asleep. “ she said in the southern accent of the family.

Applejack sent me here to talk to you about getting a job here. Can we also sleep in the barn since we don't have a place to stay? “ I asked.

Can ya buck a tree like them? “ she said. I smiled. Buck, not fuck.

If you mean hitting trees to get apples down like them, no. But me and my partner can do something equally as good. “ I said, already thinking of a way to knock the apples down.

Prove it. “ Granny smith said.

Turning around, I saw DB not doing anything for now. “DB. Come over here please. I want to prove something. “. He stomped over to us. I looked at a patch of trees with baskets under them. Telling the mech what to do, I watched as he positioned himself in the centre of the patch. He stood there for a second before raising his leg…

...and he brought it down hard in an earth shaking slam. The tremors of the stamp shook the trees and their apples fell. It was a bit too powerful as apples from far of trees fell.

Looks like he stomped a bit to hard. I'll remember not to do that. “ I commented. I turned to see granny looking impressed.

How many days can ya do? “ she said.

Five days a week. Saturday and Sunday I would like off for personal reasons. This means I'm hired, right? “ I asked.

Yep, ya hired. “ Granny smith said, with a happy tone in her voice.

---------------------
3 hours later.
---------------------

Me and DB had finished a good portion of the farm and were in the barn. I had got bored but with nothing to do, I just sat there. I let out a heavy breath, not knowing what to do.

I'm bored. “ I said to myself, seeing I would come up with an idea if I did. Surprisingly, I did. “Hey, DB, could you play some music? “.

“Yes sir, playing songs on the 'im bored’ playlist. “ said the robot.

Link to song Timber.

As it started, I decided to sing along.

---------------------
Outside the barn.
---------------------

Applejack and big Mac were putting the carts of apples away. As they did so, Twilight and the others came over. Big Mac walked off to help granny cook dinner.

Hi Twi. Whatcha doing over here? “ Applejack asked.

We all came to see the creature and his friend. The cutie mark crusaders said that they came here looking for you. “ answered Twilight.

Yes, I mean those horrid cloths of his could at least be washed. A creature that intelligent should know that. “ Rarity commented.

"I've never seen something like that before. I would like to meet him…if that's OK? “ Fluttershy added quietly.

I want to meet the mech, I think he called it? I'd like to see him keep up with me. “ said Rainbow Dash, still not happy from earlier.

And I want to know his favourite flavour. “ Pinkie finished, bouncing on the spot.

At their surprise, they heard music coming from the barn. It was quite loud. Ponies in ponyville came to investigate as well. There was also singing. It fit perfectly with the music and everyone was silent as the song progressed.

The music sounded like country side music, with a harmonica and the rhythm. By the end of it, a third of ponyville was standing or sitting there, looking in amazement.

The barn door opened up and the creature walked out. It saw the crowd of ponies and froze. Before he could move, the crowd cheered, causing him to blush and back a step.

Darling, that was simply amazing. We never knew that you had such talent to sing. “. At that, he blushed even more.

Heh,heh,heh. It's more of a pass time than a talent. “ Connor said, looking nervous.

Hey, maybe you could sing at your party. Or for ponyville. Then you can make lots of friends. “ Pinkie said, enthusiastically.

He shook his head vigorously, “Nope. Nope. Nope. Never. I'm not doing that. Stage fright and that most of my favourite songs are a bit... violent. The fact I'm on an alien world also doesn't help. “.

He looked at the sky. He then looked to his lower torso which give a grumble as a reply.

Anyone know where to get something to eat? “.

---------------------
Celestia, ponyville.
---------------------

Celestia, after listening to the music, returned to the chariot to take off. The royal guards were finishing planning on who was to stay and watch the creature. As she continued to the chariot, a thestral, one of Luna’s bat ponies, flew in.

Your highness, Princess Luna has sent you a message of emergency. “ She said, bowing before her. She then hoofed over the letter for Celestia to read.

Dear Celestia,

During your absence, I have had a vision, much like the ones you have received. Although I saw nothing, I had heard the voices of five ponies. One was Twilight, another was you, my dear sister.

The other three were voices I have not heard before. One was a adult mare, which sounded like the problem that the vision warns of. The other two were different. One was robotic in nature, with a slight echo. The final voice was of a colt or young stallion.

I hope this monster of metal has shed some light on the situation and that they were dealt with. I would like to know what it was.

Your sister,
Luna.

Celestia rolled it back up and tucked it under her wing. “Thank you, I shall be returning soon. As one of Luna's guards, it is up to you weather to return so soon after landing. Or, you can stay with the other guards to watch over the creatures. If you want to return, you may ride in the chariot with me. “ Celestia said, her offer not going unappreciated.

I shall stay to see these creatures. Thank you for your offer, your highness. “ said the bat pony before walking off.

Celestia got in her chariot and the pegasus started to fly, heading back to canterlot.

---------------------
Everfree forest
---------------------

There it is. The metal monster. It seems to have made peace with them ponies. “.
Yes, and it is friendly with the Princess. “.
It doesn't matter. The titans have returned to us to take their rightful place. “.
But, will it cooperate? “.
Maybe not willingly, but it shall obey us. “.
Yes. But we must act when it is alone or asleep. “.
When will the army be ready? We will need all the power we can gather. “.
In a week. The army has had to take precautions for the Everfree to travel safely or be lower in troop numbers. “.
We should rest up for the night. I shall see you soon. “.
I agree. There is nothing left to discuss. Goodnight. “.
Tomorrow, we shall it in its full glory. I will begone now. “.

---------------------
Connor Irons, barn.
---------------------

I was just opening the hatch to enter the cockpit. It was warm and comfortable, although, it did smell a bit now. Climbing down, I positioned myself in to the seat. DB was already in low power mode, meaning most things but the essential were turned off.

One of these essential systems was the radar. It told me if anything approaches the machine. It had been useful when watching out for enemies and other humans back home. Now it helped detect anyone trying to get close to the mech while it 'slept’.

One such blip on the radar had shown one figure standing outside the barn for a while. Then they just left.

I found this suspicious as I went to check what happened. Climbing down a ladder, I reached the ground and walked to the door. On the ground was a symbol of some kind, with a massive being in the middle. I walked over to it and erased it from the floor with my boots. What was that symbol? Oh well.

I returned to the ladder and I climbed back up. I crawled onto the mech, then towards the hatch. Dropping in to the cockpit, I tried to go to sleep for the third time. I soon did.

End of chapter 6

Author's Note:

This took me the longest to write as I didn't know how to finish the paragraph where Connor was talking after being busted.
Oh well...

Hint: Did you hear that curiosity killed the cat, well...