• Published 30th Jan 2019
  • 832 Views, 18 Comments

The metal HAWKEN - NinjaTurtle



A fifteen years old boy and his mech, DB, go on a mission but never returned. What happened to them?

  • ...
9
 18
 832

Chapter 7 Human style

Chapter 7
Human style

Yawning and stretching, my body cracked. The satisfaction of my joints no longer being locked was welcome every morning. I opened my eyes to see the inside of my cockpit and the turned off display. With a shove and a extra crack on the spine somewhere, the hatch opened.

I moved over to the ladder next to DB that helped get up and down. I got down and went to the barn door. The sun took offence as I did so and blinded me with its bright rays. I lifted a hand to shield it.

As I regained my vision for the second time this morning, I saw the many apple-less trees and the town of ponyville over in the distance. I could take a stroll before I go to work. It would do me some good to have some exercise. With that, he started to walk in the direction of town.

The walk was quiet and peaceful. Hardly anyone was about and, if you listened really close, you could hear the snores of ponies still asleep. The only places that seemed active were the bakery that they went to yesterday, which was called sugar cube corner and the library they passed on the way into town.

He desided to go to the library, since he could have breakfast later. It was a literal tree house, with leaves and everything. He tried the door, which opened silently, and stepped in. Books lined most of the walls. Let’s see if there are any good books.

As he picked one up, someone shouted at him. “Hey! What are you doing here!? “. The voice was young compared to myself. I turned to see a big lizard looking at me.

I was about to pick and read a book. That’s what libraries are for. Besides, the door was unlocked, so I thought it was open. ” I spoke. I continued to pick the book and sit on the chair. It was a bit small, but then again, it wasn’t built with him in mind. The lizard walked off to the door to what he could guess was the kitchen.

Spike, what is going on? Who are you talking to? “ said a familiar voice. The sound of hoof steps indicated the approach of the pony. She came down the stairs and looked over at me.

Hi. “ I said with a little wave.

Oh, hi Connor. Since your here, could I ask some questions? I want to know what your world is like. “ Twilight sparkle said.

Meh, don’t see why not. How about we take turns. Then we can both learn from this. “ I suggested.

This answer suddenly caused many bits of paper, inks and quills to hover behind Twilight. “OK. So what are you? “ was the first question.

My race is simply called Humans. We are basically super intelligent apes. Now my question. Who was the little one you called spike? “ I asked. After the scribbling stopped, she replied.

He’s a dragon. I hatched him myself as an exam and he has been my number one assistant ever since. “. I raised an eyebrow. Real dragons, huh. This place just got better. “So, what are humans like? “.

If you mean as individuals, then that is impossible to answer as everyone is different. But as a species, the best word is survivalist. We are without claws, sharp teeth or strong muscles, but we are the dominant species on our world anyway. We have no predators or competition other than ourselves. “ I explained. This got Twilight staring at me. “Hmmm, what is magic? I’ve never seen magic before. In fact, magic doesn’t exist where I’m from. “ I asked.

As those words left my mouth, she stopped. The papers, inks and quills were put away slowly. Her face stared at me with wide eyes and a jaw that could have touched the floor. The entire room was silent. She whispered something that I couldn't hear. “What did you just say? “.

Magic... doesn’t...exist… “ was all she muttered. Out of nowhere, she then sprang at me with a face of anger. My brain was going on autopilot and I move to the side to avoid a purple blur of fury. I ran out the door and sprinted to the farm with the pony after me.

---------------------
Luna, canterlot
---------------------

Luna was just getting up after dealing with the moon. She was heading to the royal breakfast room to meet up with her sister. As she got to the door and opened it, she saw Celestia eating her pancake’s.

Good morning, dear sister. I assume the metal monster was dealt with. “ said Luna, wanting to know what happened. As she sat down, she took her morning coffee and took a sip.

Celestia looked up and smiled. “Yes, but not the way you think. The metal monster is really a machine that has a basic AI. It was also driven by a young boy, although I don’t know what age he is. It brang Applejack back without harm. The most fascinating thing is that they are unaffected by magic and have no magic at all. “ Luna nearly choked on the coffee she had in her mouth and nearly did a spit take.

WHAT!?! How is that possible!?! Everything has magic, yet a younger alien and his machine lack any!?! “ Luna shouted.

I do not know. I used magic to scan them to see what the machine was made of, but my magic did not do anything. My magic floated over its body like a boat on water. It is not hostile though, and is living in ponyville with guards keeping an eye on him. “ Celestia informed Luna.

They continued to talk for the rest of breakfast until Celestia looked at the clock.

It appears to be time for the day court. No doubt they will be moaning about my absence yesterday. “ Celestia sighed.

I shall see you later, dear sister. “ Luna said as the both went their separate ways. “I shall look for this creature in his dreams tonight. “ she planned as she went to her bedchamber to get her royal regalia on.

---------------------
Connor Irons
---------------------

OK, OK, jeez. You need to calm down. I said in MY world that magic doesn’t exist. This is not true here, I get it. Now will you calm down. “ I said as I tried to calm the pony before she chased after me again.

But that shouldn’t be possible. Everything has magic. The animals, the trees, the ground. Even the sun and the moon. If there’s no magic how do they move? “ She rambled, somehow not able to grasp that my world has no magic.

Umm, that will take a bit of explaining. “. I looked for a stick to draw in the dirt. “Right, this is the sun, that’s us and this is the moon. “ I said as I drew them in their respective place. “Gravity pulls on the Earth but the Earth’s momentum moves it sidewards. These forces combine to create an orbit. The Earth also spins on a axis. When your side of the Earth is facing the sun, it’s day and when it’s not facing the sun, it’s night. 365 day are in a year, which is how long it takes to orbit the sun. The moon is tidally locked in orbit around the Earth. “.

I finished drawing the the diagram of the lecture. Twilight had summoned paper, ink and quills again and started to write and draw it.

We’re not the only planet in the solar system. There’s Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and then the four gas giants. There’s also a few dwarf planets like Pluto. We have also seen far of galaxies with there own suns, planets and moons but we haven’t found any life elsewhere. Well, except now, but it’s not official, so it doesn’t count. “ With my lecture on the solar system and the galaxies done, I looked into the sky. It was now mid day if I had to guess. This thought made my stomach quickly growl it’s reminder.

We walked into town, still asking and answering each others questions. The bakery was near as I could smell the food from here. Huh, why does it look so dark in there? I pushed the door open.

As I did so, all the lights turned on, a crowd of ponies cheered and a pink pony appeared in my face.

SURPRISE! Welcome to…” SMACK!

I had, out of reflex, punched the pony in the face. She was on the ground with a bloody nose, crying. The crowd of ponies had gasped.

Shit, sorry! I didn’t mean to do that! You scared me and I acted by reflex! “ I said quickly, using my shirt sleeve to wipe away the blood. “Someone get a tissue. “ I commanded before a tissue box was thrown at me. I caught it and used a tissue to block pinkies nose.

Are you OK? “ I asked, feeling guilty for what I’ve done.

Yeah, I’m OK. Sorry for surprising you. It’s that your new and I hadn’t gave you a welcoming party. “ she said, joy returning to her voice.

Well, if there’s still a cake, then there’s still a party. “. And with that, the pony was back on her feet, or hooves, and cried “YAY!!! “.

The party was fun and the cake delicious, if a bit small. I had talked with the other ponies. Of those I remember the names of, there was Octavia, Vinyl scratch, Derpy I think and Mrs and Mr cake.

After more apologies, I left for the farm. I had a job and I need to work. As I got to the farm, DB was walking out of the barn.

“Morning rider, ready to start work? “ said the mech. His voice was as monotone as ever.

Yep. Got to find Applejack first so we know where to get the apples. “ I said as I walked off to find the apple mare, with the DB following me.

When we found her, she was bucking trees. “Hey there, yer just in time. A was gonna come looking for ya. “ Applejack said.

We planned where we were to work and headed out with me in the cockpit.

Alright, so we just repeat what we did yesterday, just not to much force. “ I said.

“Affirmative. 50% power stomp. “ Reported DB. He stomped and the nearby apples fell. Slowly picking up the baskets with the metallic hand and stacking them in the cart. We cleared this area and went back to the barn to unload. This repeated for another six times before we were finished. Luckily, we had finished before anyone else.

Hey, DB. How are your joints? You haven’t used them much and I don’t want you to lock up. “. This was normally the mechanic’s job, but since there wasn’t one around, the responsibility was now fully mine.

“Negative rider, although I map of this place is advised. “ DB addressed. It was a good point. With that, we decided on running a few laps around the farm while scanning it to get a proper mapping. We then ran the outskirts of town for a map of there as well. We had done three laps around each which only took an hour or two.

“Mapping complete. Returning to the farm. “ Informed DB.

Hey, have we checked the weapons, aside from the timberwolves? We might need to calibrate the weapons. “ I said as the problem came to mind.

“Affirmative, weapons have been tested. The fight with the timberwolves automatically calibrated the weapons. “ said DB.

OK then. Let’s head back. “ I said, now knowing that most things were sorted.

---------------------
Luna, Dream Realm
---------------------

Princess Luna was searching the dream doors, trying to find the creature. It was an hour after the moon went up. Most looked like they were made of wood and were painted in bright colours, with their cutie mark on them. If they didn’t have one yet, it was coloured on there coat and mane.

Then a strange door appeared. It looked like it was made from metal. There was no markings on the door, neither was there much colour.

This must be the creatures door. It is strange. “ Luna stated. She went over to it and tried to open it with her magic. It didn’t moved at all. She then pushed with a hoof and it opened much more easily. This creature truly is resistant to magic.

As she walked in, she saw two boys in a room. One was holding a strange device that glowed on the screen and reacted to the creatures touches. He was lying on its back, on a big bed compared to her. It had thick black hair, brown eyes, a relatively flat face and was wearing some simple clothing from top to bottom. He had weird appendages like those of a dragons claw, but without the sharp ends.

The other was watching a bigger screen with a controller of some kind in its appendages. This one had ginger hair and looked younger than the other. He also had glasses and was dressed in simple clothing with a flag she had never seen printed on it. It looked like many overlapping crosses, with the main colours being red, blue and white. They looked completely different yet, she guessed they were related.

The eldest one started to talk.

Hey, Haydon. What you playing? “. Luna recognised that voice as the one she heard in her vision, if a bit calmer.

Minecraft. What you doing? “ replied the ginger one.

Just watching stuff on YouTube. What you have tomorrow. “ said the eldest.

I think I have PE tomorrow. You? “.

I’ve got an art mock exam tomorrow. “.

Sucks to be you. “ said the youngest with a chuckle.

Remember, I’ve got kickboxing classes tomorrow. This means you’ll be watching the dog and doing the chores. “ shot back the eldest.

They continued to chat.

Hey, mind getting out of the way. It’s getting to the good part. “. Luna turned around to see the eldest creature sitting in a chair, watching.

Who are you? “ said Princess Luna, examining the creature.

Names Connor Irons. Now, who are you? “ he said, leaning forwards in his chair.

I am Princess Luna. Princess of the moon and of the dream realm. “ she said in a royal voice.

A grin spread across Connor’s face. “Nice. In that case… “ he disappeared. Luna looked around but couldn’t find him. “...BOO!!! “. Luna jumped with a scream and turned around to see the creature laughing hard.

Ha, ha ,ha ,ha. Oh, you should have seen your face. Priceless. “ it said.

How dare you do such things to a princess! Does thee not know who I am! “ Shouted Luna.

Honestly, I don’t care. This is my dream. I’m a lusive dreamer, so I have full control of this place. “ he said. To prove a point, a bag of what could presume to be sweets was dropped into his hand. Another packet landed on her head with a THUD.

This is going to be so much fun… “ said the creature.

End of chapter 7

Author's Note:

This is my favourite chapter so far. It could use some tweaks, but I'm not a professional, so I don't know.
Next chapter

Hint: looks like I'm going on a trip...